Best zombie movie?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Twinkle-Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Twinkle-Fist
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I think Return of the living dead, The Beyond, Night, dawn, day and diary of the dead.
Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Premier1101
Member since 2008 • 13515 Posts

28 days later /thread

I could give a list, but it take too long for me to make up my mind

I know that 28 days later isnt technically zombie film, but hell, the people that did the movie said that they called them zombies>infected so there you go.

Peter_Darkstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Peter_Darkstar
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts
I haven't seen too many, but Re-Animator was pretty good.
Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Premier1101
I still havent seen diary of the dead :( it wasnt showing in theaters around here.
Twinkle-Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Twinkle-Fist
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I still havent seen diary of the dead :( it wasnt showing in theaters around here.Premier1101

Its better than land and almost as good as day. Then again I thought land was pretty mediocre.

Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Premier1101

[QUOTE="Premier1101"]I still havent seen diary of the dead :( it wasnt showing in theaters around here.Twinkle-Fist

Its better than land and almost as good as day. Then again I thought land was pretty mediocre.

I thought land of the Dead was horrendous... they started thinking, and that's not zombie characteristics. dead people + thinking =fail. Day was okay... I still prefer modern>old school. At least they look like zombies... Dawn of the Dead original looked laugh at able...

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 165

#7 zh666
Member since 2005 • 5068 Posts
top 10:
Night of the Living Dead 68
Return of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead 79
Night of the Zombies (aka Virus, eHell of the Living Dead)
Zombie
Day of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead 2
Cemetary Man
Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
Breakfast at the Manchester Morgue (aka Let Sleeping Corpses Lie)
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
It may not be the best in everyones eyes, but I really enjoyed the remade Dawn of the Dead that came out a few years ago.
DuskyDawny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DuskyDawny
Member since 2008 • 309 Posts
28 Days was the best and 28 Weeks was the most enjoyable IMO. Honourable mentions: Night of the Living Dead, Shaun of the Dead, and Tokyo Zombie.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
It may not be the best in everyones eyes, but I really enjoyed the remade Dawn of the Dead that came out a few years ago.-ZeRoHouR-
I enjoyed that one too, although I think the best might be the original Dawn of the Dead.
elitedead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 elitedead
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
Shaun of the dead. Serious one Dawn of the dead because it reminds me of Dead rising.
Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Premier1101

Shaun of the dead. Serious one Dawn of the dead because it reminds me of Dead rising.elitedead

oh YEAH! i was going to play it on my new TV today! thanks for the reminder!!! :)

Shaun of the Dead gets second... but I watched ti too much, it got stale..

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#13 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead. Everything else is pretty much **bleep** in comparison.
Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Premier1101

Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead. Everything else is pretty much **bleep** in comparison.DJ_Lae

I like your opinion, but when talking about "everything else" surely you must know that it sounds ignorant to the fact that there are two Dawn of the Deads? and unless you've seen everything else, I wouldnt compare.(I highly doubt you've seen everything else, as I am a zombie buff and find new movies I havent seen all the time.)

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#15 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead. Everything else is pretty much **bleep** in comparison.Premier1101

I like your opinion, but when talking about "everything else" surely you must know that it sounds ignorant to the fact that there are two Dawn of the Deads? and unless you've seen everything else, I wouldnt compare.(I highly doubt you've seen everything else, as I am a zombie buff and find new movies I havent seen all the time.)

Oh, I haven't seen everything else either.

The remade version of Dawn of the Dead was alright, but I didn't like how it completely changed the feel of the original - Shaun of the Dead, though not really that similar, managed to pull off a similar balance of horror and comedy. No doubt I'm missing others, but I'd love to see other zombie movies that inject some comedy rather than try and make them flat-out horror.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

28 days later /thread

I could give a list, but it take too long for me to make up my mind

I know that 28 days later isnt technically zombie film, but hell, the people that did the movie said that they called them zombies>infected so there you go.

Premier1101

Yeah, I'd say 28 Days Later too.

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zh666
[QUOTE="Premier1101"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead. Everything else is pretty much **bleep** in comparison.DJ_Lae

The remade version of Dawn of the Dead was alright, but I didn't like how it completely changed the feel of the original - Shaun of the Dead, though not really that similar, managed to pull off a similar balance of horror and comedy. No doubt I'm missing others, but I'd love to see other zombie movies that inject some comedy rather than try and make them flat-out horror.

check out Return of the Living Dead 2, Cemetary Man, Dead Alive, Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, Redneck Zombies and Bio Zombie

Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Premier1101
[QUOTE="Premier1101"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead. Everything else is pretty much **bleep** in comparison.DJ_Lae

thanks for clearing that up, yeah there's one hilarious zombie spoof that was low-budget, but I forgot what it was... it started out horror, then it turned comedy/parady of action films. You are right about Shaun of the Dead though. I loves it!

Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Premier1101
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"][QUOTE="Premier1101"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead. Everything else is pretty much **bleep** in comparison.zh666

check out Return of the Living Dead 2, Cemetary Man, Dead Alive, Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, Redneck Zombies and Bio Zombie

I've seen all but the Children one... lookin for it now.. thnx! :)

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zh666
[QUOTE="zh666"][QUOTE="DJ_Lae"][QUOTE="Premier1101"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead. Everything else is pretty much **bleep** in comparison.Premier1101

I've seen all but the Children one... lookin for it now.. thnx! :)

Children is a slow movie, but the first hour is stupid dark humor, the last 30 minutes is total NOTLD zombie worship, but it's a good balance between horror and comedy
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
Dawn of the Dead (1979), no contest...
ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

28 weeks later

dawn of the dead REMAKE

28 days later

Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Premier1101

Dawn of the Dead (1979), no contest...jointed

I know, but there's so much difference between past and present, that it should be Dawn of the dead79 for old school 28 days later for modern. But you are right.....

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zh666

[QUOTE="jointed"]Dawn of the Dead (1979), no contest...Premier1101

I know, but there's so much difference between past and present, that it should be Dawn of the dead79 for old school 28 days later for modern. But you are right.....

out of the modern Zombie Boom movies (2000-present), I think Shaun of the Dead was the best, 28 Days Later was good, but not the best.. I really hated the shakey cam stuff, and the ending at the fort was near retarded

ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts
Even though it was part action, part comedy, and part horror(zombies) the Japanese movie Versus is one of the best recent zombie movies I've seen. I mean who doesn't like ridiculous dubbing, the Yakuza, gunfights, martial arts, swordfights, and over the top gore all in one movie? But the best recent one I've seen would probably be Land of the Dead or 04's Dawn of the Dead. Of all time would be the original Dawn of the Dead.
Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Premier1101
[QUOTE="Premier1101"]

[QUOTE="jointed"]Dawn of the Dead (1979), no contest...zh666

out of the modern Zombie Boom movies (2000-present), I think Shaun of the Dead was the best, 28 Days Later was good, but not the best.. I really hated the shakey cam stuff, and the ending at the fort was near retarded

Shaun of the Dead got a close second, Days later is best cause of original script and low budget and great actors. The shaky cam was MUCH more present in 28 weeks. They also use that effect to disguise the makeup of the zombies and theri running stile, or else they would look more like the actors portraying them.

I agree with you there, I remeber discussing about that event unfolding, and how the directors actually wanted the story changed from the moment that the dad turned, but they went with the mansion instead...

gotta a phone call mid post :X

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
Night of the Living Dead (original), 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)...
MedicMike66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MedicMike66
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts

Zombies... how I love thee.

Night of the Living Dead '68 (the remake is enjoyable but so watered down)
Shaun of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead '78
Zombi 2 a.k.a. Lucio Fulci's Zombie
Cemetary Man
Dead Alive
Day of the Dead (for gore alone; crap movie)
The Beyond

Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
I think Return of the Living Dead is the best.
kingkilla3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kingkilla3
Member since 2006 • 17196 Posts
My favourite is Night of the Living Dead, I like the look of the zombies in Zombie Flesh Eaters. I've watched 15-20 zombie movies.
MEYERlansk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MEYERlansk
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts
Shaun of The Dead.... /Champion
Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts
Out of the few I've seen I'd say the 28days/weeks series....