best website to download animes from ?

#1 Posted by trippypees (158 posts) -

(no torrent related sites please)

#2 Posted by trippypees (158 posts) -

@trippypees: reliable direct download links, any website with full episodes (JAP audio/ ENG subs)

#3 Edited by BranKetra (50221 posts) -

Note to everyone: Do not post illegal download links.

AnimeMod from Reddit posted the following.

To search for which service will allow you to stream a particular show, go to this handy-dandy website made by /u/LHCGreg and do a Ctrl-F search for the title you are interested in.

Primary Streaming Sites

SiteRegion AvailabilityNotes
Amazon Instant Video
The Anime NetworkU.S.Subsciption. Subs or dubs but why would you use this site?
Anime on DemandU.K. & IrelandSubbed
AnimeSols
CrackleU.S.Subs only.
CrunchyrollU.S. & Canada. Other regions varySubscription or free with commercials & week delay
DaisukiU.S. Global eventuallySubs. Literally Aniplex.
DybexFranceMostly dubs.
FUNimationU.S. & CanadaSubscription for some dubs, uncensored(?) titles
GongFranceMostly subbed.
HuluU.S. OnlyAlways has commericals. Some dubs.
KazeFranceSubbed. Some dubs
Neon AlleyU.S. & CanadaSubscription TV channel or stream.
NetFlixU.S.Subscription. Subs or dubs.
VikiGlobalMany (crowdsourced) languages. Older series.
WakanimFranceSubs, some dubs. Also some downloads.

For more in depth information about any particular site, click here.

Legal Downloads

• iTunes

• PlayStation Network

• Xbox Marketplace

#4 Posted by Korvus (9066 posts) -

I use www.anidb.net as a database and they also cover which subber teams work on a specific anime, which episodes they translated and how good each subber is, so you can probably get your info there.

(To any mod that might read this, downloading anime is not illegal unless it's licensed in the downloader's country, so I'm not encouraging piracy...back in Portugal there were only 3 or 4 animes that were licensed, so the need for a subber was there)

#5 Posted by CommandoAgent (840 posts) -

The majority of the links are usually "Subscription Based Services Only" Meaning Monthly pay kinda like MMO subscriptions i can understand why the thread had asked for the links, something quicker and cheaper.

A Complete set of Anime Series isn't cheap, nor streaming mod

Just saying the Obvious.

@BranKetra said:

Note to everyone: Do not post illegal download links.

AnimeMod from Reddit posted the following.

To search for which service will allow you to stream a particular show, go to this handy-dandy website made by /u/LHCGreg and do a Ctrl-F search for the title you are interested in.

Primary Streaming Sites

SiteRegion AvailabilityNotes
Amazon Instant Video
The Anime NetworkU.S.Subsciption. Subs or dubs but why would you use this site?
Anime on DemandU.K. & IrelandSubbed
AnimeSols
CrackleU.S.Subs only.
CrunchyrollU.S. & Canada. Other regions varySubscription or free with commercials & week delay
DaisukiU.S. Global eventuallySubs. Literally Aniplex.
DybexFranceMostly dubs.
FUNimationU.S. & CanadaSubscription for some dubs, uncensored(?) titles
GongFranceMostly subbed.
HuluU.S. OnlyAlways has commericals. Some dubs.
KazeFranceSubbed. Some dubs
Neon AlleyU.S. & CanadaSubscription TV channel or stream.
NetFlixU.S.Subscription. Subs or dubs.
VikiGlobalMany (crowdsourced) languages. Older series.
WakanimFranceSubs, some dubs. Also some downloads.

For more in depth information about any particular site, click here.

Legal Downloads

• iTunes

• PlayStation Network

• Xbox Marketplace

#6 Edited by BranKetra (50221 posts) -

@CommandoAgent: There are many sites with uploaded content which is illegal to download in the United States and since most of the demographics the GameSpot population is comprised of are composed of United States residents, I suggested the most sure way to avoid any legal trouble. Another option would be streaming anime on crunchyroll and then buying Blu-Ray collections (or DVDs if you have yet to upgrade) from Amazon when they are at reduced prices which occurs often. If you are willing to wait until Thanksgiving week, you may find exactly what you have been interested in at low prices.

#7 Posted by CommandoAgent (840 posts) -

Again crunchyroll is another Subscription Based Service Only and not the best either if you dont have the cash you dont download and honestly i dont see that service as fair.

"buying Blu-Ray collections (or DVDs if you have yet to upgrade) from Amazon when they are at reduced prices which occurs often. If willing to wait until Thanksgiving week, you may find fantastic deals."

Here's the thing about buying the Blu-Ray collections, or the DVDs versions of from whatever its Amazon or ebay when they have them on its reduced prices these Animes are the usually ones that were licensed and approved to be seen in the western countries already back during the 90s and 20s. Example Finding Gundam G and Gundam Wing might take a while but DVD sets of them do exist as much as yugioh, Digimon and cardcaptor sakura.

Yeah great prices for such animes as mentioned above, However.

Why do people tend to torrents more often? it is because its better to find an rare Anime series that has being never released to any western country your not seriously going to buy just a satellite in order for you to watch those rare or some of the majority great Anime series that were never released right?

Just my opinion mod, these copyrights dont help the Anime creator nor anyone unless of course someone steals their own creation and uses it to sell it on there name, but thats a different story.

Just like look at what a great damage these copyright laws have being doing to the majority of YouTube users.

@BranKetra said:

@CommandoAgent: There are many sites with uploaded content which is illegal to download in the United States and since most of the demographics the GameSpot population is comprised of are composed of United States residents, I suggested the most sure way to avoid any legal trouble. Another option would be streaming anime on crunchyroll and then buying Blu-Ray collections (or DVDs if you have yet to upgrade) from Amazon when they are at reduced prices which occurs often. If willing to wait until Thanksgiving week, you may find fantastic deals.

#8 Edited by lamprey263 (26124 posts) -

Crunchy Roll is free and legit, it's like Crackle but with anime, also legit.

Anyhow, just saying, there's this thing called the Google. What a concept, I mean a friggin search engine, who'd of thunk it; welcome to the 20th century.

#9 Posted by WickedChainy (318 posts) -

Do you want downloads or Streams? As far as downloading I have no idea, but I'm sure Amazon has some digital download animes. As far as streaming Crunchy Roll has a lot, but depending on what animes you want to watch you may also want to sign up for Funimation.

#11 Edited by BranKetra (50221 posts) -

@CommandoAgent: Actually, if you look around Amazon, you can find recent anime at reduced prices. I got Trigun: Badlands Rumble when it was last year. There are Japanese sites that can be used to import anime that does not come here normally such as play-asia.com. Also, the topic creator did not say he was looking for something quicker or cheaper. In fact, streaming is quicker than downloading because you can begin watching with a connection with a speed at least within megabytes per second. Anyway, @Jeager_Titan.What country do you live in?

#13 Posted by TheFlush (5698 posts) -

http://kissanime.com/

#14 Edited by BranKetra (50221 posts) -

@jeager_titan: At least Play-Asia ships there.

#15 Posted by hydralisk86 (8642 posts) -

@BranKetra: Branketra, are these sites perfectly legal to watch? Meaning they aren't illegal streaming sites? They seem like sites with a lot of good anime.

#16 Edited by BranKetra (50221 posts) -

@hydralisk86 said:

@BranKetra: Branketra, are these sites perfectly legal to watch? Meaning they aren't illegal streaming sites? They seem like sites with a lot of good anime.

I know by experience that the majority of the sites I posted are legal for Americans. I recommend you investigate the legality of streaming and downloading in your country to be sure.

#17 Posted by osirisx3 (2039 posts) -

just use crunchyroll or funimation they are legal and have a free option. Even their pay option is only like 6 bucks a month.