Best thing for graphic design?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by champion_tyler (3965 posts) -
Is photoshop CS2 mostly for photo editting, or is it the best thing for designing logos and the like? I want to find the best thing for graphic design
#2 Posted by Cyrax-Sektor (12060 posts) -
Photoshop is great for everything IMO.
#3 Posted by steppinrazor88 (14441 posts) -
i dunno...get GIMP :|
#4 Posted by RPG-er (19214 posts) -
photoshop and illustrator, you work with them together.
#5 Posted by Apollo5000 (18782 posts) -
Any image based work you need, logos, photo editing is best done in Photoshop.
#6 Posted by PierSkillz (2952 posts) -
Photoshop CS2 is made for everything, gimp is for newb's and paint is for no-skill at all newb's
#7 Posted by DJ-PRIME90 (11292 posts) -
photoshop is all you need.
#8 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12182 posts) -
I use Photoshop CS2 myself.
I wouldn't go back to using anything else.
#9 Posted by Bourbons3 (24248 posts) -
CS2 covers all the things you mentioned.
#10 Posted by Sc0rp1on (8470 posts) -

Photoshop CS2 is made for everything, gimp is for newb's and paint is for no-skill at all newb'sPierSkillz

This guy says you're wrong. 

#11 Posted by champion_tyler (3965 posts) -

My brother said there is something called adobe in-design that is better for designing than CS2. 

#12 Posted by Cyrax-Sektor (12060 posts) -

[QUOTE="PierSkillz"]Photoshop CS2 is made for everything, gimp is for newb's and paint is for no-skill at all newb'sSc0rp1on

This guy says you're wrong. 

:o
Mad skillz! :shock:

#13 Posted by RPG-er (19214 posts) -

My brother said there is something called adobe in-design that is better for designing than CS2.

champion_tyler
that's for more web based usage.
#14 Posted by champion_tyler (3965 posts) -
[QUOTE="champion_tyler"]

RPG-er

But I want to make things like banners and tags to put on the web.  Do you mean like website creating?

#15 Posted by RPG-er (19214 posts) -
[QUOTE="RPG-er"][QUOTE="champion_tyler"]

champion_tyler

But I want to make things like banners and tags to put on the web. Do you mean like website creating?

yes, and thing like brochures, flyers, magazines. but for what you want to do, go with photoshop.
#16 Posted by Apollo5000 (18782 posts) -
[QUOTE="champion_tyler"][QUOTE="RPG-er"][QUOTE="champion_tyler"]

RPG-er

But I want to make things like banners and tags to put on the web. Do you mean like website creating?

yes, and thing like brochures, flyers, magazines. but for what you want to do, go with photoshop.

Or even Flash actually, thats a good drawing tool. Not good for photo manipulation but using both of them you could probably get somewhere.
#17 Posted by Greenwhitegreen (6315 posts) -
A Mac and CS3 :)
#18 Edited by saragomsa (14 posts) -
#19 Posted by MrGeezer (55909 posts) -

@RPG-er said:
photoshop and illustrator, you work with them together.

To elaborate on this, you want something that allows manipulation of bitmaps and something that allows manipulation of vectors. You also want them to communicate with each other well and be compliant with each other. Maybe there are other alternatives out there, but Photoshop and Illustrator sort of seem to be the common standard.

But yeah...I agree. Photoshop and Illustrator. You want a strong bitmap based program and a strong vector based program, used in conjunction with each other as the situation requires.

#20 Edited by Iszdope (9332 posts) -

Necropaint.

#21 Posted by OmitName (717 posts) -

did the search start working again? this is the third thread ive seen from 6 years ago. mods dont like old threads im thinking.

#22 Posted by iampenguin (223 posts) -

use GIMP!