Best reply if non of there business

#1 Posted by skipper847 (3165 posts) -

Hi. I was drawing some money out of my bank the other day and got £700 out of my savings to spend on a laptop and a chair for my room. Any way the person serving me asked what your spending it on?. I thought non of your business. Any way i just said a laptop and a chair. But what would have been a funny answer to teach them a lesson not to be nosy?. I was going to go with a prostitute or £700 on black on roulette. But is it any of there business really.

#2 Posted by comp_atkins (31267 posts) -

it is none of their business, but in this case i think they were just making conversation.

#3 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150310 posts) -

Ugh dude.....the grammar and spelling are atrocious. Anyway they probably just wanted to make conversation. Don't be so sensitive.

#4 Edited by Master_Live (14170 posts) -

If by person who serviced you you mean the bank teller I would consider the question inappropriate and "none of your business" a right answer so they learn to keep their noises out of others affairs.

#5 Edited by BranKetra (48117 posts) -

What do you have to hide?

I am only kidding.

You can say your withdrawal is for personal spending like when going to another country and the representatives who authorize entry ask if your visit is for business or pleasure. If they press you politely, but you do not wish to tell, you can just say the number of things you are buying to keep it discreet. Unless you are being formally investigated, that should be fine. If they are rude, you need to find another bank.

#6 Posted by SambaLele (5175 posts) -

Ice cream. I guess I'd say ice cream. Or coffee.

#7 Posted by Serraph105 (27814 posts) -

I don't know why you need to make a person feel bad about making conversation with you, if you don't want to tell people what you are spending money on just tell them bills or something. If it's not an issue just be glad someone wants to talk to you.

#8 Edited by TheFlush (5512 posts) -

Heroin.

#9 Posted by lostrib (34384 posts) -

you have a bank account, but no debit card to pay for things with?

#10 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8203 posts) -

@lostrib: maybe the places only take cash or give discount for cash.

I never had a teller ask what I was spending my money on but if they did I would probably just say a car parent or something which is usually the cash when I take a large withdraw. I wouldn't think anything of it unless I was trying to be sneaky lol

#11 Posted by lostrib (34384 posts) -

@lostrib: maybe the places only take cash or give discount for cash.

I never had a teller ask what I was spending my money on but if they did I would probably just say a car parent or something which is usually the cash when I take a large withdraw. I wouldn't think anything of it unless I was trying to be sneaky lol

The teller was incredibly rude for asking.

#12 Edited by johnd13 (7986 posts) -

You sound immature.

#13 Edited by thehig1 (1382 posts) -

@lostrib said:

you have a bank account, but no debit card to pay for things with?

I was thinking the same thing, who still carries large amounts of cash around now a days.