Best Movie coming out

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hhcash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 hhcash
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
If you agree that I Am Legend is going to be the best movie of the year say "1110" and I'll come to your house and give a hi-five.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
You know, I can enjoy dumb action movies as much as anyone else. But with movies like "No Country For Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood" coming out, I fart in "I Am Legend"'s general direction.
Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts
The Dark Knight will be one of them...
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

You know, I can enjoy dumb action movies as much as anyone else. But with movies like "No Country For Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood" coming out, I fart in "I Am Legend"'s general direction.
MrGeezer

I agree, plus theres that bob dylan movie im not there:D What saddens me is how they dumbed down I am legend from a slow paced, emotional story of one mans survival and struggle with sanity, into a big hollywood action movie like I robot. Do you think I robot the movie is anything like that book? Heck no! The I robot movie is an insult to the greatness of the books, just like I am legend will be. Will Smith is holding a machine gun in one picture, that to me shows how they dont understand the book at all.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Iron Man.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

MrGeezer

it wont be a dumb action movie just so yeah know...

however i will agree when it comes down to it "No Country For Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood" look alot better.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]You know, I can enjoy dumb action movies as much as anyone else. But with movies like "No Country For Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood" coming out, I fart in "I Am Legend"'s general direction.
SaintLeonidas

however i will agree when it comes down to it "No Country For Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood" look alot better.

how is it not a big dumb action movie? Sure they put in some emotion and an actual plot, but its still a hollywood action movie. Give me one good reason as to how the I am legend movie wont be a big dumb action movie.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]You know, I can enjoy dumb action movies as much as anyone else. But with movies like "No Country For Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood" coming out, I fart in "I Am Legend"'s general direction.
Film-Guy

how is it not a big dumb action movie? Sure they put in some emotion and an actual plot, but its still a hollywood action movie. Give me one good reason as to how the I am legend movie wont be a big dumb action movie.

lol, first off the whole thing isnt gonna be just shooting and killing, its gonna be suspenseful, horror, have a story line, thats a major sign of not being a dumb action movie...have you seen the trailer...what in there shows any sign of a dumb action movie???Do you know the story behind it???

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
I'm not anticipating any movie at the moment.
hhcash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 hhcash
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

You guys gotta see the preview...

Recreation during the day

Survival during the night

I'm giving a hi-five to whomever made that preview

seriously the movie looks like a modern thriller classic.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
This year? I've got to go with No Country For Old Men, mass release Nov. 21 and looking insane.
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

Film-Guy

I agree, plus theres that bob dylan movie im not there:D What saddens me is how they dumbed down I am legend from a slow paced, emotional story of one mans survival and struggle with sanity, into a big hollywood action movie like I robot. Do you think I robot the movie is anything like that book? Heck no! The I robot movie is an insult to the greatness of the books, just like I am legend will be. Will Smith is holding a machine gun in one picture, that to me shows how they dont understand the book at all.

ya i know, i was like, wait a minute, this has nothing to do with the book :O

i read the book for a book report so i thought the movie would be great, it was but not the same as the book at all.

USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 USSJAndrew
Member since 2004 • 5042 Posts

Lol, I was coming to this topic just to say I am Legend, but now it looks like im coming to say I'll come to your house and give you a hi five :)

Ghelga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghelga
Member since 2004 • 4310 Posts
I'm waiting for this movie about where this kid throws a party and people are talking to a video recorder, and then there's weird stuff going on outside like this loud roar and the city is getting demolished by a giant object which isn't shown in it. :| Preview was when I watched Transformers when it came out.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Film-Guy
[QUOTE="Film-Guy"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

SaintLeonidas

lol, first off the whole thing isnt gonna be just shooting and killing, its gonna be suspenseful, horror, have a story line, thats a major sign of not being a dumb action movie...have you seen the trailer...what in there shows any sign of a dumb action movie???Do you know the story behind it???

a lot of big dumb action movies have suspense and horror, jsut because this one ahs a ok story doesnt make it any better, and yes I know book behind it since I read it many times, not this dumbed down version. The main character in I am legend never used a machine gun, the dog did not last long, he wasnt a scientist he was a regular guy using logic. This is just like I robot, great book, average at best movie.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Film-Guy
[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

bionicle_lover

ya i know, i was like, wait a minute, this has nothing to do with the book :O

i read the book for a book report so i thought the movie would be great, it was but not the same as the book at all.

your lucky you read it for a book report and not a crappy school picked book. I do not consider this I am legend movie a real I am legend movie. The most accurate I am legend movie was The last man on earth with vincent price. Sure it wasnt the msot accurate, but it was the best by far.

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts
I'm waiting for this movie about where this kid throws a party and people are talking to a video recorder, and then there's weird stuff going on outside like this loud roar and the city is getting demolished by a giant object which isn't shown in it. :| Preview was when I watched Transformers when it came out. Ghelga
hahaha ok very funny... if you don't know, it's called 1-18-08. and to the people who said dark knight and iron man....they come out next year.
littlealien8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 littlealien8
Member since 2005 • 231 Posts
the mist
Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts

dark knight and iron man....they come out next year. WINDWAKER1

We know.

error11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 error11
Member since 2006 • 7163 Posts

MrGeezer

I agree. I think 'No Country For Old Men' looks like a unique horror/thriller maybe? anyway, although I want to see that I still want to see I am Legend even though its been done before (vampires, black guy, what else is new). back to what i was saying, i still want to see it cuz it has Will Smith in it :P

SilvrDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SilvrDog
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

There is a couple good ones that are coming out soon and next year. 

The Mist, Jumper and Valkyrie  

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Thechaninator
Member since 2005 • 5187 Posts
NoCountry for Old Men and The Mist look incredible!
doombreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 doombreaker
Member since 2007 • 7567 Posts
iron man and the dark knight for next year
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
MrGeezer
lol
scary_snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 scary_snake
Member since 2006 • 4546 Posts

The Dark Knight will be one of them...Apollo5000

yes it will....