Best/Favorite Rap/Rock album/song/artist

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CasualGamer36x (65 posts) -

So, a couple years back I started listening to Eminem after I saw a music video on TV. I got hooked to him and got all his albums. I love almost all of them especially the earlier ones, obviously MMLP and Eminem Show. These albums pretty much satisfied my thirst for rap music till now so I need some good albums to listen to now, I'm sure there are a lot of better ones than Eminem's new album. Yeah I don't have much hope for that one.

If you're a fan of rock instead of rap, I would also like to listen to rock. I listen to Linkin Park and GreenDay but I would love to listen to more rock. Thanks.

If you like a particular song alot but not necessarily the album, go ahead and post that.

#2 Edited by Jag85 (5251 posts) -

Rap:

Tupac Shakur - "Changes" (1992)

Rock:

Linkin Park - "In the End" (2000)

#3 Posted by bob_toeback (11267 posts) -

Sonic Youth's "Daydream Nation" is very good.

#4 Posted by brimmul777 (1456 posts) -

Anything from AC/DC or Led Zeppelin.Not a fan of rap,sorry.

#5 Posted by LaytonsCat (3652 posts) -

I'm not into rap but for rock I love Queen, Arcade Fire, and The Sheepdogs are all great

#6 Posted by MystikFollower (4061 posts) -

@CasualGamer36x said:

So, a couple years back I started listening to Eminem after I saw a music video on TV. I got hooked to him and got all his albums. I love almost all of them especially the earlier ones, obviously MMLP and Eminem Show. These albums pretty much satisfied my thirst for rap music till now so I need some good albums to listen to now, I'm sure there are a lot of better ones than Eminem's new album. Yeah I don't have much hope for that one.

If you're a fan of rock instead of rap, I would also like to listen to rock. I listen to Linkin Park and GreenDay but I would love to listen to more rock. Thanks.

If you like a particular song alot but not necessarily the album, go ahead and post that.

I've listened to the new album leaked and I can tell you every track that has been released so far (with the exception of Rap God which is incredible) is mainstream garbage compared to the rest of the album. This album is vintage Shady.

#7 Edited by 187umKILLAH (1414 posts) -

I like rock and rap so I'll list one of each of the categories you mentioned, listed are my favourites at the moment.

Rap Album: Mobb Deep - Hell on Earth

Rap Song: Papoose - Faith

Rock Album: Hatebreed - Divinity of Purpose

Rock Song: Motorhead - Heart of Stone

#8 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

nowadays no one can even compete with Kanye West. his beats and flow are on levels the rest of the industry cannot keep up with. every new album is arguably better than the last.

#9 Posted by Netret0120 (2869 posts) -

Marshall Mathers LP 2 leaked. It is really good.

But Eminem is my favourite rap artist too. Best song is probably 25 to life

#10 Edited by CasualGamer36x (65 posts) -

I just listened to MMLP2 and I take back what I said before. This album is his best work since the Eminem Show :D Its really awesome!