Best and worst gundam series?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by IronBeaver (1986 posts) -

What do you think are the best and worst gundam series? i have watched several but not all of them, and id have to say i think zeta is the best, but that seed is bad- its just a lame attempt to bring back the original series.

what do you think?

#2 Posted by Renegade_Fury (16952 posts) -

I'd rank what I've seen in this order:

1. Gundam Wing
2. Mobile Suit Gundam
3. Zeta Gundam
4. 8th MS Team
5. Gundam 00
6. G Gundam
7. War in the Pocket
8. Stardust Memory
9. ZZ Gundam
10. After War Gundam X
11. SD Gundam
12. SEED and it's crappy sequel and spinoffs

I couldn't stand SEED at all with its crying emo cast of characters, and I hated how it had no identity whatsoever. It couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a carbon copy of Mobile Suit Gundam, or if it wanted to do its own thing. I'm really looking forward to Gundam Unicorn. It's set after Char's Counterattack and it's done in the same animation s-tyle as the original UC series.

#3 Posted by Seabas989 (9961 posts) -

I'd rank what I've seen in this order:

1. Gundam Wing
2. Mobile Suit Gundam
3. Zeta Gundam
4. 8th MS Team
5. Gundam 00
6. G Gundam
7. War in the Pocket
8. Stardust Memory
9. ZZ Gundam
10. After War Gundam X
11. SD Gundam
12. SEED and it's crappy sequel and spinoffs

I couldn't stand SEED at all with its crying emo cast of characters, and I hated how it had no identity whatsoever. It couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a carbon copy of Mobile Suit Gundam, or if it wanted to do its own thing. I'm really looking forward to Gundam Unicorn. It's set after Char's Counterattack and it's done in the same animation s-tyle as the original UC series.

Renegade_Fury

I saw the first OVA of Gundam Unicorn and it was pretty good.

By order of best to worst that I've seen:

1. Gundam Wing
  2. G Gundam
  3. Mobile Suit Gundam
  4. Gundam 00 (both seasons)
  5. 8th MS Team
  6. Gundam Seed
  7. Gundam Seed Destiny
  8. SD Gundam
#4 Posted by hydralisk86 (8494 posts) -
Gundam Wing Gundam 00 Gundam seed destiny gundam seed G Gundam
#5 Posted by IronBeaver (1986 posts) -

Hm, I don't think I would be able to list them like that.

By the way, what is your guys opinions on Gundam dubs?

#6 Posted by Sky- (4631 posts) -

Best: Mobile Suit Gundam, 08th MS Team, Zeta, Turn A, G Gundam (it's cheesiness makes it so good :P)

Worst: SD, Wing, and Gundam Seed Destiny

#7 Posted by narutoisapirate (1985 posts) -

G gundam is pretty cool.

#8 Posted by jrnhanie0310 (15177 posts) -

Gundam Wing was my favorite and my least favorite was whichever was the one that was kind of cel-shaded (don't remember the title)

#9 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

I pretty much enjoy all of the Universal Century series I've seen. Zeta being ranked 1st followed by original Mobile Suit Gundam, then 08th MS Team. 0080, 0083, and MS Igloo are great too. I haven't seen Double Zeta so I can't judge it. As for worst, I won't say they're bad but Seed and Wing aren't my cup of tea.

#10 Posted by Truf89 (4668 posts) -
Ive only seen Wing and some of G Gundam. Seed looked generic to me. didnt strike my fancy.
#11 Posted by Blackhawk692 (1306 posts) -

no contest, best is Wing and the worst is the blight on society called SD Gundam

#12 Posted by Zerocrossings (7988 posts) -

After watching the first episode of Unicorn, i'd say it can beat them all.

#13 Posted by Gundamforce (1222 posts) -

Liked: Original Gundam Series, 08th MS Team, 0083, Char's Counter Attack, F91, G, Wing and Endless Waltz, Seed, Seed Stargazer, 00

Loathed: Seed Destiny, SD Gundam Force

#14 Posted by Iantheone (8242 posts) -
Why is seed so low with you people? I thought it was one of the better ones. I liked the characters, had a good story (after the first 20 or so episodes), liked the themes it portrayed. The animation was really bad though =/
#15 Posted by dercoo (12555 posts) -

I don't know about best, but the worst is without a doubt

Superior Defender Gundam Force. It was not superior.

:?

#16 Posted by IronBeaver (1986 posts) -

Why is seed so low with you people? I thought it was one of the better ones. I liked the characters, had a good story (after the first 20 or so episodes), liked the themes it portrayed. The animation was really bad though =/Iantheone

seed was a sooper lame revival attempt of MSG.

and it was more anime than it was gundam- if that makes any sense.

#17 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

[QUOTE="Iantheone"]Why is seed so low with you people? I thought it was one of the better ones. I liked the characters, had a good story (after the first 20 or so episodes), liked the themes it portrayed. The animation was really bad though =/IronBeaver

seed was a sooper lame revival attempt of MSG.

and it was more anime than it was gundam- if that makes any sense.

I'll go with that answer as well.

#18 Posted by Dark__Link (32653 posts) -
From what I remember.... Best: Mobile Suit, G, 8th MS Team, 0083 Worst: Seed, Wing
#19 Posted by Juggernaut140 (36011 posts) -

Gundam Wing was always my favorite

I absolutely despise G Gundam

#20 Posted by ThePlothole (11515 posts) -

8th MS Team is my personal favorite. While I felt SEED was outright painful to watch.

#21 Posted by Zerocrossings (7988 posts) -

From what I remember.... Best: Mobile Suit, G, 8th MS Team, 0083 Worst: Seed, WingDark__Link

Glad im not the only one who loathed Wing.

#22 Posted by Sky- (4631 posts) -

Actually wait...I remember watching SD Gundam...I loved it. :P

#23 Posted by starfox15 (3966 posts) -

I bought Gundam Wing and loved it so that's technically my favorite. Personally I think most modern animes are terrible so I'm really biased.

For worst Gundam series, I don't know for sure, but the one where the Gundams were cel-shaded chibi versions looked pretty repulsive to me.

#24 Posted by shinian (6871 posts) -

Best: Gundam Wing, Gundam 00, Gundam Unicorn, MS 08 Team (that's a great series, Gundams are just normal mechs there, capable of eliminating 1 or 2 MS in a battle)

Worst: Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny

#25 Posted by GNZero (12 posts) -
I like them all equally. Except for Destiny. Destiny takes the cake as the worst, SEED was at least average.