Benghazi: the return

#1 Edited by DavesAlt (965 posts) -

Yo hey gamespot, I was was flipping through the channels just now and it was a Benghazi bonanza.

So what surfaced recently?

What does it mean?

Is this largely an empty balloon of nonsense that people are inflating for political gains?

What are your thoughts in the matter?

Discuss, respond, elucidate the inner workings of your mind

#2 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

Nothing.

Nothing.

Yep. It's election season so naturally Fox is playing up the "issue." Echo chamber, nothing more.

#3 Edited by DavesAlt (965 posts) -

Ah figuered as much

#4 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

obviously it is a politically damaging scandal, i used one of my best contrarian indicators in deducing this.

#5 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

So instead of continuing to watch the news to find out what is going on, you come here and ask...You deserve to be in the dark as to what is going on.

#6 Edited by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

I find the Republicans' fascination and obsession with Benghazi to be itself fascinating.

#7 Posted by jasean79 (2338 posts) -

So instead of continuing to watch the news to find out what is going on, you come here and ask...You deserve to be in the dark as to what is going on.

Right! It's amazing how informative it is for one to research news on your own and form their own opinion.

#8 Edited by Randolph (10423 posts) -

This sums up the "scandal" quite well.

Shortest Fox news interview, ever.

#9 Edited by SwagSurf (3014 posts) -

Republicans constantly bringing up Benghazi. Lol

#10 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -
#11 Edited by DavesAlt (965 posts) -

Like I was watching it yesterday and before a while back but never could get a handle on what the issue was. Now that I have it clarified I think I know why it was hard to see what the problem was.

#12 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -
#13 Edited by vfibsux (4205 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

I find the Republicans' fascination and obsession with Benghazi to be itself fascinating.

Yea because when one of our ambassador's is murdered on 9/11 by Islamic extremists and the administrations tries to pass it off as a protest no one should ask any questions. Meanwhile the left in this country have done all they can to brush this under the rug.

If this were some homosexual discrimination issue it would have been investigated by the left until pig's flew.

#14 Edited by Reaper4278 (337 posts) -

As an intel analyst who actually read the first State Dept intel report which came out shortly after the attack I 100% concur with this testimony, which is all I will say on the matter:

Former Deputy CIA Director Mike Morell is sworn recently by the House Select Intelligence Committee. "The analysts said from the get-go that al-Qaida was involved in (the Benghazi) attack," Morell testified.

This is also an excellent press piece as to why EVERY American should care. Fuck all of the Republican Democrat bullshit, if you are an American you fucking OWE IT to the people who died there to give a shit about what happened. Even if it means your wonderful president being implicated in some scandal. Not saying that is the case here, but wtf are you so afraid of? If you are not afraid why would you not want the truth?

#15 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -

@vfibsux: no I looked into the matter and there isn't anything to really support the politics of trying to overinflate this

#16 Edited by HoolaHoopMan (7720 posts) -

@theone86 said:

Nothing.

Nothing.

Yep. It's election season so naturally Fox is playing up the "issue." Echo chamber, nothing more.

Yep.

#17 Edited by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

@vfibsux said:

@GazaAli said:

Yea because when one of our ambassador's is murdered on 9/11 by Islamic extremists and the administrations tries to pass it off as a protest no one should ask any questions. Meanwhile the left in this country have done all they can to brush this under the rug.

If this were some homosexual discrimination issue it would have been investigated by the left until pig's flew.

I'm asking a serious question here: what is there to investigate? Some insurgents carried out an attack on the American consulate in Libya. My own guess is that they took the forces guarding the place off guard. They may also have overwhelmed them by numbers; after all, you're not going to deploy an army to protect each one of your diplomatic missions. The CIA may also have failed to do its job properly, something that is not unheard of by any stretch. Its just one of the downsides of maintaining a presence in a troubled state with lots of hostilities.

#18 Edited by Reaper4278 (337 posts) -

As an intel analyst who actually read the first State Dept intel report which came out shortly after the attack I 100% concur with this testimony, which is all I will say on the matter:

Former Deputy CIA Director Mike Morell is sworn recently by the House Select Intelligence Committee. "The analysts said from the get-go that al-Qaida was involved in (the Benghazi) attack," Morell testified.

This is also an excellent press piece as to why EVERY American should care. Fuck all of the Republican Democrat bullshit, if you are an American you fucking OWE IT to the people who died there to give a shit about what happened. Even if it means your wonderful president being implicated in some scandal. Not saying that is the case here, but wtf are you so afraid of? If you are not afraid why would you not want the truth?

I guess I have to quote my fucking self to get the blinders off you people in this thread.

#19 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7720 posts) -
#20 Posted by Serraph105 (27705 posts) -

Really with Benghazi Republicans have a mix of two problems those being numbers and credibility. People getting killed is never a good thing to be sure, but Republicans haven't been crying foul about the tens of thousands that were killed in Iraq/Afghanistan over the last decade yet somehow when four people died which can be traced to only a single administration it became the worst thing that could ever happen.

If that's not politics being played I don't know what is tbh.

#21 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69630 posts) -

This pretty much explains everything

#22 Edited by dave123321 (33583 posts) -

@reaper4278: I don't understand. People do care I'm sure about what happened but this isn't about what happened at Benghazi. The topic is about the over inflation of some trumped up issue about who said what when but that holds no relevance to anything for a couple of years now

#23 Edited by dave123321 (33583 posts) -

And in a world where a lot of shit has happened there is only so much attention we can give to the topic

#24 Edited by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

the facts about benghazi, dont go to fox news or CNN dont go to alex jones or TYT. go to an atheist anarchist philosopher. 95% citation 5 % opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkuPNoKj8Ys

#25 Posted by jimkabrhel (15416 posts) -

Republicans trying to use a terrible situation to score political points and try to influence an election. What else is new. IT's disrespectful to the deceased to turn this into a political topic. People like Red. Issa can play like they are trying to get to the bottom of this situation, but it's all BS.

#26 Edited by lamprey263 (22658 posts) -

Republicans trying to distract that they're filibustering a minimum wage increase to $10.10 an hour.