BBC: More than 10 Palestinians killed in an Israeli strike on thier house

This topic is locked from further discussion.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#251 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

and yet thats where it comes from, would you rather it was called something else? hell, we think Hertzl had the general right idea, he even has a city named after him :PDarkman2007

Unfortunately, there isn't really much that it could be named for. :P

Maybe Israelism. While that would still be using Yisroel's name, at least he's our ancestor. As opposed to using the name of the Holy Land and doing unholy things with it.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 th3warr1or
[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="thebest31406"] So his wife and kids are expendable/superfluous, yes?thebest31406

Clearly they are to him.

And for the ones who bomb the home?

If you don't love your family, don't expect your enemy (who hates you) to.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#253 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

"Egypt's Prime Minister wept today as he kissed the forehead of a boy killed in an Israeli airstrike on Gaza." turns out 'israeli airstike' might have meant misfired Hamas rocket, but I'm glad Mirror, CNN et al were quick to assume.MrPraline

I predict many here will ignore this newest revelation and still want to blame Israel on the kids death.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

Clearly they are to him.

th3warr1or

Yeah, I thought so.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#255 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]and yet thats where it comes from, would you rather it was called something else? hell, we think Hertzl had the general right idea, he even has a city named after him :Pth3warr1or

don't know if you want to laugh at Hertzeliya, quite a few rich people in there, its quite a nice city. why are not happy with Hertzl? besides his extreme secularism.
Avatar image for PWSteal_Ldpinch
PWSteal_Ldpinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 PWSteal_Ldpinch
Member since 2011 • 1172 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowJax04"]Great. Now we'll have even more of them begging to go to scandinaviaMrPraline
hah no worries, they will have better luck here in islamsterdam

Hey Praline would you welcome GazaAli into your country? You don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable. I was just wondering.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]and yet thats where it comes from, would you rather it was called something else? hell, we think Hertzl had the general right idea, he even has a city named after him :PDarkman2007

don't know if you want to laugh at Hertzeliya, quite a few rich people in there, its quite a nice city. why are not happy with Hertzl? besides his extreme secularism.

That might be a little hard, since it's more or less his extreme secularism. :P

I don't hate him or anything, but I feel like his ideas were very damaging to Jewry. May have been, and probably were mostly done with a good intention, but as the proverb goes, the "road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Darkman2007
r[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

th3warr1or

That might be a little hard, since it's more or less his extreme secularism. :P I don't hate him or anything, but I feel like his ideas were very damaging to Jewry. May have been, and probably were mostly done with a good intention, but as the proverb goes, the "road to hell is paved with good intentions."

well even I have some issues with his ideas (the lack of Hebrew was one) you religious by any chance?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] And for the ones who bomb the home?

Yeah, I thought so.

lol dude.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]r[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] don't know if you want to laugh at Hertzeliya, quite a few rich people in there, its quite a nice city. why are not happy with Hertzl? besides his extreme secularism.Darkman2007
That might be a little hard, since it's more or less his extreme secularism. :P I don't hate him or anything, but I feel like his ideas were very damaging to Jewry. May have been, and probably were mostly done with a good intention, but as the proverb goes, the "road to hell is paved with good intentions."

well even I have some issues with his ideas (the lack of Hebrew was one) you religious by any chance?

I am. :)

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"] That might be a little hard, since it's more or less his extreme secularism. :P I don't hate him or anything, but I feel like his ideas were very damaging to Jewry. May have been, and probably were mostly done with a good intention, but as the proverb goes, the "road to hell is paved with good intentions."th3warr1or

reform? Orthodox?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] well even I have some issues with his ideas (the lack of Hebrew was one) you religious by any chance?Darkman2007

reform? Orthodox?

Reformed Orthodox......it's the rage now.>__>
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Hey Praline would you welcome GazaAli into your country? You don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable. I was just wondering.

PWSteal_Ldpinch

What is this? I don't even...

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

LJS9502_basic
reform? Orthodox?

you will be surprised, but Modern Orthofox does exist, at least in the diaspora.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] reform? Orthodox?

you will be surprised, but Modern Orthofox does exist, at least in the diaspora.

I can't keep all the different sects straight.:(
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Reformed Orthodox......it's the rage now.>__>

I can't keep all the different sects straight.:(

don't worry, neither can us :P most of those sects don't really exist in Israel though , the system is different.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
dang house strikers.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] well even I have some issues with his ideas (the lack of Hebrew was one) you religious by any chance?Darkman2007

reform? Orthodox?

You have no idea how tough a question this has been for me to answer. I've been typing and retyping for the past 10 minutes. :lol:

This is what I've settled with: I'm either the most modernized charedi in existance or a Modern Orthodox with slight haredi leanings; I'm not as religiously observant as most charedim.

Like, I have payos (most modern orthodox people I know don't) but I don't gender segregate (seriously, that is absurd to me). And I watch TV, play video games (I'm on gamespot lol) and whatnot. I do wear a hat (or at least a cap) whenever I'm out, and I only wear shorts at home.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Darkman2007

th3warr1or

reform? Orthodox?

You have no idea how tough a question this has been to answer. I've been typing and retyping for the past 10 minutes.

This is what I've settled with: I'm either the most modernized charedi in existance or a Modern Orthodox with slight haredi leanings; I'm not as religiously observant as most charedim.

Like, I have payos (most modern orthodox people I know, don't) but I don't gender segregate (seriously, that is absurd to me). And I watch TV, play video games (I'm on gamespot lol) and whatnot. I do wear a hat (or at least a cap) whenever I'm out, and I only wear shorts at home.

so youre...a modereformadox :P should start a synagouge like that.

and its odd, the synagouges Ive ever attended had gender segregation , so its not that I see it as right or wrong, its more out of habit that I kind of expect it.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#270 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

So what? 11 people were killed in a shantytown in Bangladesh, a bush crash in Egypt killed 50 children, a guy who used to be a mayor in Mexico was found beaten to death.

Or are we supposed to care about the Palestinians more because have they have parties in the streets on 9/11 to celebrate all those Americans getting killed? I certainly don't give a f*** about them. I hope they keep p***ing off the Israelis real good and get their whole damned territory levelled.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#271 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Can anyone summarize the conflict for me? I tried reading up about it, and it seems that unless I want to spend a few days trying to understand it all, I won't be able to.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] reform? Orthodox?Darkman2007

You have no idea how tough a question this has been to answer. I've been typing and retyping for the past 10 minutes.

Like, I have payos (most modern orthodox people I know, don't) but I don't gender segregate (seriously, that is absurd to me). And I watch TV, play video games (I'm on gamespot lol) and whatnot. I do wear a hat (or at least a cap) whenever I'm out, and I only wear shorts at home.

Modern Charedi maybe. No reform in there. :P I fully accept Rambam's Shloshah Asar Ikkarim, and to my knowledge Reform Jews don't.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] reform? Orthodox?Darkman2007

and its odd, the synagouges Ive ever attended had gender segregation , so its not that I see it as right or wrong, its more out of habit that I kind of expect it.

Oh, gender segregation in synagogue is there of course. Nothing absurd about that. I fully accept it because I know that if there were girls sitting next to me, I'd definitely not be able to focus on whatever the Rabbi says. :lol: I'd rather have gender segregation in shul actually, cause women are too much of a distraction. :P

I meant in like everyday life. I'm fine with getting served by female servers etc, and I have female friends.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Darkman2007

th3warr1or

Modern Charedi maybe. No reform in there. :P I fully accept Rambam's Shloshah Asar Ikkarim, and to my knowledge Reform Jews don't.

they are the only ones who don't segregate though , so there is that. Im not even going to try and ID myself , the way we think about religion and such is different.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 th3warr1or

they are the only ones who don't segregate though , so there is that.Darkman2007

Yeah I realized that, so I edited my post to better reflect my thoughts.

There is gender segregation in Shul; I just don't practice it in my everyday life.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]they are the only ones who don't segregate though , so there is that.th3warr1or

I wonder, how do you contend with the crazies of Neturei Karta (or Satmar , for instance) and such? whats your opinion of them?
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]they are the only ones who don't segregate though , so there is that.Darkman2007

I wonder, how do you contend with the crazies of Neturei Karta (or Satmar , for instance) and such? whats your opinion of them?

Funny you should ask that. I actually volunteered that information in my initial post, but then I removed it because I was like "Okay this is getting to be like a prison share&care session. You just asked if I'm orthodox or reform."

Satmar. Well, Satmar Rebbe wrote (or rather quoted a Talmudic source) that since Moshiach would come when Jews had no sovereignty over them (foreign or otherwise), the existence of a Zionist government was actually hindering his coming. So while I don't subscribe to that belief, Satmarer have a reason for opposing Zionism.

Neturei Karta on the other hand, are full blown morons in denial. Anti-Zionism is one thing (at times I can be considered as such), but they're idiots if they believe what they believe. And they do. Thus, they're idiots. They're also incredibly wrong, based on facts, based on evidence, based on events that have transpired.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

Clearly they are to him.

th3warr1or

That's twisted and dumb logic.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

So what? 11 people were killed in a shantytown in Bangladesh, a bush crash in Egypt killed 50 children, a guy who used to be a mayor in Mexico was found beaten to death.

Or are we supposed to care about the Palestinians more because have they have parties in the streets on 9/11 to celebrate all those Americans getting killed? I certainly don't give a f*** about them. I hope they keep p***ing off the Israelis real good and get their whole damned territory levelled.

Jackc8

A bus crash is an accident... As in no one caused it on purpose... not exactly the same thing...

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] And for the ones who bomb the home?nunovlopes

That's twisted and dumb logic.

Too bad. That's reality. Don't like it, move to somewhere where reality doesn't have a monopoly on life.

And no, it's neither twisted, nor dumb. Nobody will ever love your family more than you love your own. If you don't, don't expect someone else to, much less someone who wants you dead.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="Jackc8"]

nunovlopes

A bus crash is an accident... As in no one caused it on purpose... not exactly the same thing...

A premature death is a premature death, regardless of cause.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

It's funny how he practically admitted that he has a problem with Jews, and not Zionists.

Like most anti-semites, they use Zionism as an excuse, but they've been hating on Jews since long before the founder of Zionism was ever conceived.

th3warr1or

Who is the founder of Zionism in your opinion?

Theodore Herzl.

False, it's shadowmoses :P

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] Who is the founder of Zionism in your opinion?wis3boi

Theodore Herzl.

Your sig is fantastic. I can't look away. I have no idea how I never noticed it until now.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

Theodore Herzl.

th3warr1or

Your sig is fantastic. I can't look away. I have no idea how I never noticed it until now.

< 3

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Darkman2007

th3warr1or

Funny you should ask that. I actually volunteered that information in my initial post, but then I removed it because I was like "Okay this is getting to be like a prison share&care session. You just asked if I'm orthodox or reform."

Satmar. Well, Satmar Rebbe wrote (or rather quoted a Talmudic source) that since Moshiach would come when Jews had no sovereignty over them (foreign or otherwise), the existence of a Zionist government was actually hindering his coming. So while I don't subscribe to that belief, Satmarer have a reason for opposing Zionism.

Neturei Karta on the other hand, are full blown morons in denial. Anti-Zionism is one thing (at times I can be considered as such), but they're idiots if they believe what they believe. And they do. Thus, they're idiots. They're also incredibly wrong, based on facts, based on evidence, based on events that have transpired.

so you reckon its ok to divide Yerushalaim? I think Rabbi Ovadia once said it was ok to trade land, wheres obviously alot of others disagreed.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I wonder, how do you contend with the crazies of Neturei Karta (or Satmar , for instance) and such? whats your opinion of them?Darkman2007

so you reckon its ok to divide Yerushalaim? I think Rabbi Ovadia once said it was ok to trade land, wheres obviously alot of others disagreed.

Absolutely not. I'm opposed to trading any part of Eretz Yisroel really, but even more so when it comes to Yerushalayim. Asking for Yerushalayim is like asking for Mecca or the Vatican City.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

This is definitely sad, however the BBC is a known anti-israeli news source, they have a heavy bias against it. Ironic how they don't mention the many Jewish children who are now dead due to Hamas and Hezbollah firing rockets at schools and playgrounds.

ShadowMoses900

Which is odd since Nick Griffin told me that the BBC is run by Jews.

Who do I trust the crazy jewish nationalist or the crazy British nationalist? I'm so torn right now.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

This is definitely sad, however the BBC is a known anti-israeli news source, they have a heavy bias against it. Ironic how they don't mention the many Jewish children who are now dead due to Hamas and Hezbollah firing rockets at schools and playgrounds.

toast_burner

Who do I trust the crazy jewish nationalist or the crazy British nationalist?

Seeing as Jews are not synonymous with Zionists, it could be both.

It could still be anti-Israeli despite being run by Jews.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

th3warr1or

This is Nick Griffin we're talking about. Of course they're synonymous.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Darkman2007

th3warr1or

Absolutely not. I'm opposed to trading any of Eretz Yisroel really, but even more so when it comes to Yerushalayim. Asking for Yerushalayim is like asking for Mecca or the Vatican City.

yeshar koach . I have a feeling that you would have supported one of the Charedi parties, had you been in Israel, or maybe Bayit Yehudi
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
I'm at the point where I just don't care anymore. Both sides are rotten and refuse to admit any wrong doing on their part.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

th3warr1or

lets be honest though , there are examples of people who take a hitler speech , replace the word Jew , with Zionist, and think its somehow politically correct. one has to be clever with this.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]Which is odd since Nick Griffin told me that the BBC is run by Jews.

Darkman2007

lets be honest though , there are examples of people who take a hitler speech , replace the word Jew , with Zionist, and think its somehow politically correct. one has to be clever with this.

They can't be all that clever if they need to quote a Hitler speech.

Not just because they're quoting Hitler but because they're quoting someone who ultimately failed in his goal. Quite miserably too, since his goal was to eliminate "the Jew," and if the word of anti-semites around the world is to be trusted, we still run the world. :lol:

Seriously. If you want to have a role model at least have a role model who succeeds, not fails in his goal and then takes his own life.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Darkman2007

th3warr1or

They can't be all that clever if they need to quote a Hitler speech.

Not just because they're quoting Hitler but because they're quoting someone who ultimately failed in his goal. Quite miserably too, since his goal was to eliminate "the Jew," and if the word of anti-semites around the world is to be trusted, we still run the world. :lol:

Seriously. If you want to have a role model at least have a role model who succeeds, not fails in his goal and then takes his own life.

well , I was using that as an exaggeration somewhat, but you know what I mean,
Avatar image for PWSteal_Ldpinch
PWSteal_Ldpinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 PWSteal_Ldpinch
Member since 2011 • 1172 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0wJXf2nt4Y

Hamas MP Fathi Hammad says that for the Palestinian people, death has become an industry (hah what a loser), and women, children, and the elderly are used as human shields because they "desire death like [Israel] desires life". No wonder Palestinian life is so cheap. They practially give it away!

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"]Gaza, do you agree with my assesment that a renewed Israeli occupation in Gaza is the only solution to these sort of things?Darkman2007
That followed quickly by an international guardianship over Gaza strip sounds like one. Also, was about time this topic gets some pie-junior :P

good luck finding any international army willing to police it.

AMERICA

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#297 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] That followed quickly by an international guardianship over Gaza strip sounds like one. Also, was about time this topic gets some pie-junior :Pcoolbeans90

MURICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fixed.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] That followed quickly by an international guardianship over Gaza strip sounds like one. Also, was about time this topic gets some pie-junior :Pcoolbeans90

AMERICA

honestly I think the US has plenty of its own problems, its not too willing to start policing places like Gaza. could be wrong, but I have a feeling it would never happen.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#299 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Unfortunate that people still see fit to blow innocents up, regardless of what "side" they're on, over all this. It's also unfortunate to see people laying blame on people who aren't involved in anyway because of things their ancestors countrymen maybe did far before their life time. Maybe one day people will grow up and stop this petty squabble. As for the telegraph link I don't think it's fair to latch on to it as the sole source of truth given it's older than the other news articles which make different claims.
SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

I'm at the point where I just don't care anymore. Both sides are rotten and refuse to admit any wrong doing on their part. HoolaHoopMan

Pretty much the problem in a nutshell.