BBC: More than 10 Palestinians killed in an Israeli strike on thier house

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#151 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I use a similar size and res monitor, which I can use for consoles too , saves money on an expensive TV ( I hardly ever watch TV , most of it bores me) if your PC is fried, how did you manage to go online? someone else's computer?

I have a laptop.

oh I see, used to have a Laptop , but I threw it away, it wasn't that great the day I got it, let alone 3 years later.

I've got a 4 year old laptop that I use to stream stuff to my TV, but other than that it's basically worthless. :P
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts
Considering what's going on over in that region currently.....I can't say Palestine has clean hands. This is what happens when people wage war.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#153 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

Jesus Christ. GazaAli, hats off to you for maintaining your sanity amongst all this death and destruction. This is just ridiculous.thebest31406

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 GrayF0X786

Considering what's going on over in that region currently.....I can't say Palestine has clean hands. This is what happens when people wage war. LJS9502_basic
this is what happens when people are being opressed, they get opressed even more.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] I have a laptop.

oh I see, used to have a Laptop , but I threw it away, it wasn't that great the day I got it, let alone 3 years later.

I've got a 4 year old laptop that I use to stream stuff to my TV, but other than that it's basically worthless. :P

I never throw electronics away. I have been using my Nokia 6630 for 6 years lol
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 GrayF0X786

21734_390867247655024_514206598_n.jpg.

Aljosa23

:lol:

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#157 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] I have a laptop.

mine has slowdown running Windows XP......
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Considering what's going on over in that region currently.....I can't say Palestine has clean hands. This is what happens when people wage war. GrayF0X786

this is what happens when people are being opressed, they get opressed even more.

And at the end of the day....this happens. People will die. Does this shock you?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] oh I see, used to have a Laptop , but I threw it away, it wasn't that great the day I got it, let alone 3 years later.

I never throw electronics away. I have been using my Nokia 6630 for 6 years lol

the laptop I had stopped working more or less, it needed a new battery, but I figured, the thing was almost worthless, there was no point in spending money on it.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

That is truly unfortunate. :(

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]

So basically, an Israeli F-16 fighter leveled a house to the ground with the whole family inside. I prefer to keep it real, they probably wanted someone in the house. IDF repeatedly demolished houses with their inhabitants inside, women, children, basically families in order to eliminate a target. What do you think? Does the end justify the mean? Is it ok to take down entire families to get to a target? And no, this is not "they hide among civillians", usually the target is just a family member.

br0kenrabbit

Palestinians fire rockets into civilian populations that they can't even aim. They aren't targeting military targets, they aren't targeting anything, they're just trying to do whatever damage they can to whoever they can.

If you call out one side, you gotta call out the other.

Both sides are wrong here.

My thoughts, though there does seem to be a bit of asymmetry WRT firepower projection and consequent collateral damage.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

I'm sorry about that man. Stay safe.

kingkong0124

The best part is when my bed shakes like crazy with every air strike.

That sucks, but at least they're ridding your country of scum Hamas.

right those children were Hamas
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Considering Israel have said they aim to put Gaza back into the medieval times, This will probably just be the start of a long and bloody conflict....again.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

[QUOTE="jim_shorts"]

This is an awful conflict and both sides are doing some terrible things. I really don't see how it can ever end. They've been going at it since 1948 and have completely irreconcilable goals.

ShadowMoses900

The conflict is far older than that, I can assure you. Read about the Philistines in The Bible, their descendents are the Palestinians.

Palestinians are not Philistines, despite sharing the name.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 BossPerson

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"] The best part is when my bed shakes like crazy with every air strike.kingkong0124

right those children were Hamas [QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]Most holy precious of a fvck. how can people talk to ali like that when the children got leveled a couple of walks away from him "you're out to give Israel a bad name" "collateral damage, next", just, omg, I can't understand how anyone can bear with OT

honestly, its like saying a person whose block was destroyed in fallujah is not worth listening to because he's anti american.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

get what you deserve!!

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

This is definitely sad, however the BBC is a known anti-israeli news source, they have a heavy bias against it. Ironic how they don't mention the many Jewish children who are now dead due to Hamas and Hezbollah firing rockets at schools and playgrounds.

GazaAli

Regardless of how much truth your claim has, its irrelevant to this particular story since this happened less than 5 minutes walk from where I live.

Also, that is not "definitely sad". Losing someone dear to you is the biggest loss you can ever encounter in life. Imagine the sadness and frustration when its your chilld, and when they got killed wrongfully by someone else. I do not believe in collateral damage, I simply don't because if it were my child, I would not pause and say "Well its war you know, collateral damage...etc"

If it were your child you wouldn't say that, but if you were in charge of your country's military and you had a chance to take out the guy who gave the order to level that house, would you NOT take him out because unarmed civilians will be hit in that strike? You'd be willing to pass up a chance to take him out because he's home with his family?

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 th3warr1or

[Edit] Misread post.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 BossPerson

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

ehhh it was mention in the article there were hamas offcials in some houses. dont get when gaza says they blow down the house to kill some family member.

TheShadowLord07

From OP ". I prefer to keep it real, they probably wanted someone in the house. IDF repeatedly demolished houses with their inhabitants inside, women, children, basically families in order to eliminate a target" smh

US drones have been know to kill civilians as well. does that mean the US were targeting those civilians?

As much as im not a fan of finkelstein, this is about right

Norman_Finkelstein_says_by_Latuff2.jpg

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]

So basically, an Israeli F-16 fighter leveled a house to the ground with the whole family inside. I prefer to keep it real, they probably wanted someone in the house. IDF repeatedly demolished houses with their inhabitants inside, women, children, basically families in order to eliminate a target. What do you think? Does the end justify the mean? Is it ok to take down entire families to get to a target? And no, this is not "they hide among civillians", usually the target is just a family member.

coolbeans90

Palestinians fire rockets into civilian populations that they can't even aim. They aren't targeting military targets, they aren't targeting anything, they're just trying to do whatever damage they can to whoever they can.

My thoughts, though there does seem to be a bit of asymmetry WRT firepower projection and consequent collateral damage.

One side will generally succeed and one will lose.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

th3warr1or

The difference in firepower isn't really Israel's fault, nor is it their problem.

That doesn't really have anything to do with what I'm saying.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

The difference in firepower isn't really Israel's fault, nor is it their problem.

That doesn't really have anything to do with what I'm saying.

My bad, I misread.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 coolbeans90

My bad, I misread.

th3warr1or

No problem. Point being: I'd say that Israel is killing more peeps than the Palestinians. Not really faulting them for that entirely as the two groups really don't seem keen on reconciling. It'd be nice if they could at least, I don't know, agree to not kill each other, but, that place, man.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

My bad, I misread.

coolbeans90

No problem. Point being: I'd say that Israel is killing more peeps than the Palestinians. Not really faulting them for that entirely as the two groups really don't seem keen on reconciling. It'd be nice if they could at least, I don't know, agree to not kill each other, but, that place, man.

There was supposed to be a truce for the duration the Egyptian ambassador was there. Israel agreed not to do any airstrikes if Hamas stopped firing rockets. Apparently Hamas has trouble exercising restraint.

Peace will be possible when Israel stops having to fight terrorists who fight like cowards.

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts
Gaza, do you agree with my assesment that a renewed Israeli occupation in Gaza is the only solution to these sort of things?
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]you know The IDF never attacks countries it only defends israel hence the namenalhutta94
They are attacking an area, while technically is in their boundaries, is full of people who aren't Israelis. They aren't defending anything, they are warmongering.

Best defense is a good offense.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#177 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="nalhutta94"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]you know The IDF never attacks countries it only defends israel hence the name

They are attacking an area, while technically is in their boundaries, is full of people who aren't Israelis. They aren't defending anything, they are warmongering.

smh smh
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] From OP ". I prefer to keep it real, they probably wanted someone in the house. IDF repeatedly demolished houses with their inhabitants inside, women, children, basically families in order to eliminate a target" smhBossPerson

US drones have been know to kill civilians as well. does that mean the US were targeting those civilians?

For the past 5 days, israel has been dropping, an average, of 200 tons of explosives on the Gaza strip daily.

However, until this event there have only been 10-20 civilian palestinian deaths (which, btw, prompted ali to go on about how 'we are holding in' and that netanyahu is 'losing his seat' as a result).

This leads me to believe those bombs the Israeli army drops aren't the roadrunner kind (despite what the Netanyahu UN speech might have led you to think).

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] From OP ". I prefer to keep it real, they probably wanted someone in the house. IDF repeatedly demolished houses with their inhabitants inside, women, children, basically families in order to eliminate a target" smhBossPerson

That is not an accurate analogy for one reason: Palestinian civilians don't live inside Hamas people or use Hamas as their public transportation.

A more apt one would be Israel leveling an entire building that had rockets fired from, and that building happened to have civilians inisde too.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]US drones have been know to kill civilians as well. does that mean the US were targeting those civilians?

th3warr1or

That is not an accurate analogy for one reason: Palestinian civilians don't live inside Hamas people or use Hamas as their public transportation.

A more apt one would be Israel leveling an entire building that had rockets fired from, and that building happened to have civilians inisde too.

the idf does do that sometimes.
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Going to happen when your enemy hides in civilian buildings.

Wasdie

Did you read the OP?

Yeah.

It's not worth arguing with you because it's pretty clear you're out to make Israel look like a bunch of savages.

Right or wrong, when missiles are going to be fired into your country (no matter how it started) you're going to retaliate and if the Hamas officials are going to be going home for the evening, they should know damn well they are putting their families in danger.

The bottom line is that war sucks and the whole situation sucks.

If you think that the Hamas guys aren't try to put themselves in a position where Israeli retaliation will inevitably end in civilian casualties, you need to wake up.

The guy was not hiding in a random place full of civilians he didn't care for, it was his home, I doubt it he wanted to deliberately put his family in danger. Anyway, it's irrelevant, bombing a house that you know has an entire family just to kill one target is terrorism, no ifs no buts.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] Did you read the OP?nunovlopes

Yeah.

It's not worth arguing with you because it's pretty clear you're out to make Israel look like a bunch of savages.

Right or wrong, when missiles are going to be fired into your country (no matter how it started) you're going to retaliate and if the Hamas officials are going to be going home for the evening, they should know damn well they are putting their families in danger.

The bottom line is that war sucks and the whole situation sucks.

If you think that the Hamas guys aren't try to put themselves in a position where Israeli retaliation will inevitably end in civilian casualties, you need to wake up.

The guy was not hiding in a random place full of civilians he didn't care for, it was his home, I doubt it he wanted to deliberately put his family in danger. Anyway, it's irrelevant, bombing a house that you know has an entire family just to kill one target is terrorism, no ifs no buts.

That's crap and you know it.

If I were wanted dead by a bunch of trigger-happy terrorists whom I knew has a terrible track record of killing people on the sidelines, I'll be damned if I'll go home and put my entire family in danger.

If Israel is as much of a terrorist as Hamas claim, then that guy was either a dick for endangering his whole family (they're dead now because of his inconsideration); why is he to blame and not Israel? It's HIS family. If HE cared for them, he wouldn't have done that sh*t. I know I wouldn't. I don't think anyone I know would.

If someone were going to bomb me even if I was with my whole family (that isn't involved), I'd stay as far away from them for THEIR safety. Heck, I'd even do that if the people who would die are only my friends and not related by blood.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

BossPerson

the idf does do that sometimes.

I know the IDF does that, and I'm not defending their killing of civilians. I'm just saying that the whole bus-thing doesn't quite work. It would be different if Hamas blew up a military vehicle and then there were civilian casualties because of the shrapnel or something.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

Loool. Funny...and true.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] The best part is when my bed shakes like crazy with every air strike.BossPerson

right those children were Hamas

Innocents die..yes this is very unfortunate...I'm not saying it's not..once again, you have little to no understanding of this issue.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 kingkong0124
thebest31406
Not really.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 kingkong0124

Everyone should watch this video.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

kingkong0124
Looks academic enough.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

thebest31406
Looks academic enough.

just right for you then :P
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 GazaAli
[QUOTE="pie-junior"]Gaza, do you agree with my assesment that a renewed Israeli occupation in Gaza is the only solution to these sort of things?

That followed quickly by an international guardianship over Gaza strip sounds like one. Also, was about time this topic gets some pie-junior :P
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"]Gaza, do you agree with my assesment that a renewed Israeli occupation in Gaza is the only solution to these sort of things?

That followed quickly by an international guardianship over Gaza strip sounds like one. Also, was about time this topic gets some pie-junior :P

good luck finding any international army willing to police it.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 GazaAli

For the past 5 days, israel has been dropping, an average, of 200 tons of explosives on the Gaza strip daily.

However, until this event there have only been 10-20 civilian palestinian deaths (which, btw, prompted ali to go on about how 'we are holding in' and that netanyahu is 'losing his seat' as a result).

This leads me to believe those bombs the Israeli army drops aren't the roadrunner kind (despite what the Netanyahu UN speech might have led you to think).

pie-junior

I take that back. I guess that statement was in comparison to the horrifying first day of operation cast lead. I barely sleep at all, I'm physically exhausted, my nervous system is hyped because of insanely loud air strikes, it feels as if my heart is going to jump out of my chest. I'm sick of sitting home all day with limited electricity.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 GazaAli
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"]Gaza, do you agree with my assesment that a renewed Israeli occupation in Gaza is the only solution to these sort of things?

Like those UN peace keeping forces and whatnot. I'd imagine it would be for a limited period of time,as they will eventually turn it over to the PA in Ramallah. I'm not sure they want it though...
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 kingkong0124
.mingmao3046
Too bad. Maybe they shouldn't have gone to war with Israel :/
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GazaAli
 .mingmao3046
Yea which further illustrates my point. This is exactly what results in extremism, the feeling of being squashed.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] That followed quickly by an international guardianship over Gaza strip sounds like one. Also, was about time this topic gets some pie-junior :P

Like those UN peace keeping forces and whatnot. I'd imagine it would be for a limited period of time,as they will eventually turn it over to the PA in Ramallah. I'm not sure they want it though...

that again depends on who is wiling to contribute. although even in Lebanon that UN force is almost worthless, they would need to have a pretty comprehensive mandate in order to properly police it, otherwise they just become bystanders (like they are in Lebanon) its a dilemma.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"].kingkong0124

okay? maybe the jews shouldnt have set up camp in someone elses land, expecting everything to be fine and dandy.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"].mingmao3046

okay? maybe the jews shouldnt have set up camp in someone elses land, expecting everything to be fine and dandy.

maybe you shouldnt have thrown the Jews out? Im afraid that if youre not happy about that map , its partially your fault