Baton Rouge shooting: Seven police Shot at.

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Baton Rouge shooting: Seven police officers shot and three feared dead, active shooter on the loose.

Hope they catch it and kill it.

The shooting unfolded in the area of Airline and Old Hammond highways and roads were closed off in both directions between Goodwood Boulevard and Interstate 12.

One witness told WBRZ-TV that a man was dressed in black with his face covered began randomly shooting as he walked by a convenience store and car wash.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

"What do we want? Dead cops!"....amirite OT?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Dumb mothers f*ckers. Find and throw the book at 'em.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Get the bomb robot out, it's time for robocop to blow up some more cop killers.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Horrible. But when you push an agenda......someone acts.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

I blame Pokemon GO.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

So terrible. I hope they catch him before any more lives are lost.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Was someone pushing an all cops must die agenda? I wouldn't blame the acts of a deranged killer on people who protest for fair treatment.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

There are 3 suspects. 1 shot dead and 2 on loose.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@mark1974 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Was someone pushing an all cops must die agenda? I wouldn't blame the acts of a deranged killer on people who protest for fair treatment.

By some one, do you mean many people as in large groups of people in multiple different marches chanting in one way or the other to kill cops or to "fry pigs"?

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mark1974

@sSubZerOo: We have had a lot of peaceful protests around the country that did not at all talk about frying pigs so why focus on that one so much? Because it suits an agenda you have? The truth is the vast majority are peaceful and the vast majority don't advocate murder of any kind. There will always be crazies with extreme views in any group. You are cherry picking to suit your prejudice and I think it's dishonest. I think this is a terrible tragedy and Police do not deserve to be shot at. I also feel it's a tragedy what is happening to black people. Picking a side is not something we have to do. You can just see murder as a bad thing regardless of who. Blame those who did the murder. Anyone chanting fry pigs is also an asshole. But don't paint all protestors with the same wide brush.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@mark1974 said:

@sSubZerOo: We have had a lot of peaceful protests around the country that did not at all talk about frying pigs so why focus on that one so much? Because it suits an agenda you have? The truth is the vast majority are peaceful and the vast majority don't advocate murder of any kind. There will always be crazies with extreme views in any group. You are cherry picking to suit your prejudice and I think it's dishonest. I think this is a terrible tragedy and Police do not deserve to be shot at. I also feel it's a tragedy what is happening to black people. Picking a side is not something we have to do. You can just see murder as a bad thing regardless of who. Blame those who did the murder. Anyone chanting fry pigs is also an asshole. But don't paint all protestors with the same wide brush.

.. Maybe because it isn't just the base line people, we have examples of high up, leaders of the movement saying or tweeting incredibly racist things.. The reason why Toronto tweet is brought up time and time again isn't about cherry picking, its about the fact it's a fucking LEADER of the movement within that city.. Get that through your head.. BLM have done absolutely NOTHING about distancing themselves from this kind of rhetoric.. The only thing that the group and supporters have done is by shutting down any kind of criticism by crying out racism..

Which with this very same example proves that, because her "apology" wasn't a apology it was a passive aggressive speech painting her self as some how the victim..

The BLM movement have done absolutely nothing in criticizing these people.. Hell the group hasn't even publicly acknowledged that black on black crime is a serious concern and problem.. This is why people are fed up with this kind of bullshit now.. The group is only there to solve their own political skewed agenda in the guise of trying to save people..

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mark1974

@sSubZerOo: If you don't like BLM and that is legitimate, does it follow you are against every black person peacefully protesting against police treatment? What if that person says I don't care about BLM or what their so called leaders think I am hear to protest unfair treatment, do you still feel a need to put them under the same umbrella and blame them for this?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-59d151f079814

@mark1974 said:

@sSubZerOo: If you don't like BLM and that is legitimate, does it follow you are against every black person peacefully protesting against police treatment? What if that person says I don't care about BLM or what their so called leaders think I am hear to protest unfair treatment do you still feel a need to but them under the same umbrella and blame them for this?

I have no problem with peaceful protests.. I don't think any one here has a problem with that.. To peacefully protest against police corruption and violence.. People have a problem with Black Lives Matter movement which has become incredibly divisive and hypocritical..

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mark1974

@sSubZerOo: Thats cool. The problem I have is that every protestor gets vilified because of opinions of BLM. Fukk BLM. It's the underlying issues that concern me.

Z00M4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Z00M4
Member since 2016 • 114 Posts

I hope the perpetrator isn't killed. He needs to be brought to trial.

Avatar image for scrollinglayers
ScrollingLayers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ScrollingLayers
Member since 2015 • 632 Posts

I hope the two on the lose are caught or killed before they take out any more cops.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Yay, another ambush massacre and hundreds of thousands of tweets and comments on social media praising it.

People won't be happy until there are national guardsmen on every street corner.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@mark1974 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@mark1974 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I see your question has already been answered. I'll just add that when violence in words becomes accepted.....and no one has done anything to dissuade that....then it does eventually lead to actual violence. If you want to protest.....fine. No problem with that. But violence is wrong. And not controlling your message is as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@mark1974 said:

@sSubZerOo: Thats cool. The problem I have is that every protestor gets vilified because of opinions of BLM. Fukk BLM. It's the underlying issues that concern me.

.. Because the protestors are identifying as part of the black lives matter movement.. How ever benign the protestor themselves are, they are self identifying with a group that is radicalizing and is known to defend gang members who died due to justified police force.. Even the two recent shootings has turned into over the top bullshit all over again.. The first one, the guy had a rap sheet pages long, and had a pistol in his pants (that he shouldn't of had) and was RESISTING ARREST on the ground with said weapon... The second one, the girl friend lied (even the girl friends mother on social media called her a known LIAR) about the reason they were pulled over was a busted tail light, when it was the fact he matched the likeness of a person who robbed a store at gun point..

Furthermore the movement acts like the crime rate has nothing to do with it.. IF 6% of the population commit over 50% of the nation's crime, they sure as shit are going to be interacting with the police far more leading to those kinds of situations.. Yet it is complete blindness with said issue and it has devalued into "white privilege" horseshit and other such rhetoric.. I am willing to admit that the American police force has corruption, brutality, racism and seems to get off a lot more than they are suppose to.. Can the BLM people admit that their community has a staggering violent crime problem as well? I mean the first step to solving something is admitting you have a problem.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
@sSubZerOo said:

Furthermore the movement acts like the crime rate has nothing to do with it.. IF 6% of the population commit over 50% of the nation's crime, they sure as shit are going to be interacting with the police far more leading to those kinds of situations.. Yet it is complete blindness with said issue and it has devalued into "white privilege" horseshit and other such rhetoric.. I am willing to admit that the American police force has corruption, brutality and seems to get off a lot more than they are suppose to.. Can the BLM people admit that their community has a staggering violent crime problem as well? I mean the first step to solving something is admitting you have a problem.

Do you expect this joke of a movement to address and understand actual FACTS surrounding the black community? The impression I get from them is that every (or pretty damned close) interaction a black person has with cops is unjust, racially based and flat out wrong. The movement needs to look in the mirror and embrace reality.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59d151f079814

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mark1974 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I see your question has already been answered. I'll just add that when violence in words becomes accepted.....and no one has done anything to dissuade that....then it does eventually lead to actual violence. If you want to protest.....fine. No problem with that. But violence is wrong. And not controlling your message is as well.

... Exactly nothing is stopping the leaders of the BLM to openly condemn the ridiculous displays of their movement, but they don't.. How the hell can ANYONE defend their actions when they held up the LGBT parade in Toronto as guests of honor and coerced the host into accepting their demands.. We live in a pretty crazy world right now.. Where the Neo Nazi's, openly condemned as dangerous fringe group, are the ones with a peaceful gathering that led to a mass anti group that assaulted them at their rally.. Meanwhile the group that is seen looking for justice and "peaceful" have had protests that devolved into open riots like in Baltimore in which they tore up the city.... This is some kind bizarre world we live in.

Meat_Wad_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Meat_Wad_Fan
Member since 2002 • 9054 Posts

I just read he was a poster on this forum.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

One of the people that killed the police has a youtube channel and he has crazy ramblings on them. I won't post it on here because **** him. You can find it for your education purposes on news media outlets.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mark1974 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

... Exactly nothing is stopping the leaders of the BLM to openly condemn the ridiculous displays of their movement, but they don't.. How the hell can ANYONE defend their actions when they held up the LGBT parade in Toronto as guests of honor and coerced the host into accepting their demands.. We live in a pretty crazy world right now.. Where the Neo Nazi's, openly condemned as dangerous fringe group, are the ones with a peaceful gathering that led to a mass anti group that assaulted them at their rally.. Meanwhile the group that is seen looking for justice and "peaceful" have had protests that devolved into open riots like in Baltimore in which they tore up the city.... This is some kind bizarre world we live in.

I love how the Canadian local Toronto News Keeps defending the BLM group.. It just further shows the left hypocrisy.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

What is the connection between the shooter and the BLM movement?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@Stesilaus said:

I blame Pokemon GO.

Amen.

Avatar image for brandonisking99
brandonisking99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 brandonisking99
Member since 2015 • 39 Posts

While I do agree that a whole lot police in the U.S. are trigger happy as hell, most just do their damn job. You can't just go around and shoot police that didn't do shit wrong. People need to learn how to change things they want changed by peacefully protesting. Not by violence.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@Master_Live said:
@Stesilaus said:

I blame Pokemon GO.

Amen.

It's terrible what can happen when police officers and civilians vie to catch the same Pokemon.

Seriously, though ...

I'm so appalled by the recent shootings that I now feel bad about all the times I've trumpeted police shooting incidents here on OT. If the truth be told, I can recall only about two occasions on which I've remained convinced that the police acted both deliberately and excessively after I've read both sides of the story or watched the video evidence.

I deem the current situation to be a grim but inevitable consequence of the media fixation on police violence. Whether there's an "agenda", or whether the only agenda is to profit from the sensationalism that accompanies police shootings, I cannot say. But I do feel that the mainstream media has "poisoned the well". :-(

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

What is the connection between the shooter and the BLM movement?

Nothing really. It's just another veteran with possible PTSD and mental health issues that could easily access guns. It's just crazy when a cop kills some will blame all cops and when someone like this kills some will blame entire groups. Once again it's another lone gun man but for some reason the media is baiting everyone to think that a "movement" was behind this so the movement is responsible just like the media baited how all cops are crooked, it's crazy.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Time to look at BLM as a terrorist organization.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Drunk_PI

Enough is enough. Violence will only exacerbate the problem.

@Gaming-Planet said:

Time to look at BLM as a terrorist organization.

The terrorism label is being thrown around pretty loosely. Reminds me of the time when MLK and the Civil Rights Movement were labeled as communist sympathizers.

Also, it appears that the Baton Rouge shooter had ties to Nation of Islam but nothing definite with BLM.

@Stesilaus said:

It's terrible what can happen when police officers and civilians vie to catch the same Pokemon.

Seriously, though ...

I'm so appalled by the recent shootings that I now feel bad about all the times I've trumpeted police shooting incidents here on OT. If the truth be told, I can recall only about two occasions on which I've remained convinced that the police acted both deliberately and excessively after I've read both sides of the story or watched the video evidence.

I deem the current situation to be a grim but inevitable consequence of the media fixation on police violence. Whether there's an "agenda", or whether the only agenda is to profit from the sensationalism that accompanies police shootings, I cannot say. But I do feel that the mainstream media has "poisoned the well". :-(

The same media that covers police shootings is the same media that exaggerates crime and especially depicting blacks committing criminal offenses. Ratings is ideal but ideally, the media's job is to report.

@sSubZerOo said:
@mark1974 said:

@sSubZerOo: If you don't like BLM and that is legitimate, does it follow you are against every black person peacefully protesting against police treatment? What if that person says I don't care about BLM or what their so called leaders think I am hear to protest unfair treatment do you still feel a need to but them under the same umbrella and blame them for this?

I have no problem with peaceful protests.. I don't think any one here has a problem with that.. To peacefully protest against police corruption and violence.. People have a problem with Black Lives Matter movement which has become incredibly divisive and hypocritical..

You have BLM leaders of different counties and states calling for the end of violence: LINK & LINK

You're making the assumption that BLM is under the leadership of one or couple of powerful people. It's not. It's very disorganized and uncoordinated, hence why it has its problems. It doesn't excuse some parts of BLM making inflammatory remarks on the police, but it does demonstrate that even when you have other parts of BLM protesting peacefully, you have people picking and choosing what they want to hear.

As for peaceful protesting, it works to a certain extent. Is it peaceful protesting when they take to the streets? Is it peaceful protesting when they're sitting in the whites-only section in a restaurant or when an "uppity" black woman doesn't want to give up her seat to a white man? It's not a "yes or no" answer. It depends on your perspective but all scenarios rely on conflict in order to further their message.

I'm not arguing for protesters to become violent towards the police or anyone really but peaceful protests can still inflame violence from the other side and that can be ideal for the peaceful protesters in order to advance their message and generate sympathy for their cause. Here's an interesting perspective form the Washington Post.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

I don't think they idiots who committed this crime is thinking because this only creates more tension and creates an unofficial war between civilians and cops. Regular cops are now going to be more uncertain of individuals actions because of this nonsense.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@mark1974 said:

The focus is on those because none of you "peaceful protesters" even so much as tried to condemn those sentiments. And if BLM didn't have an agenda against cops, they'd protest the deaths of cops too. Can you show us a protest launched by BLM against the killing of cops? No? Uh-oh, sounds like someone's full of shit then.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@magicalclick said:

It is sad that policemen are heavily discriminated and violently murdered. And certain top officials still trying to pretend he cares while reciting statistics against police at memorial. This kind of message will not end cop killings for sure. Sad.

and you think a moron who is going to go out and try to shoot cops would be listening to "top officials" in the first place?

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mark1974

@N30F3N1X: I have condemned those sentiments and I can only speak for myself. Black lives matters was not created to defend cops. It's not their focus so I really wouldn't expect them to protest the death of cops.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Drunk_PI

@N30F3N1X said:

The focus is on those because none of you "peaceful protesters" even so much as tried to condemn those sentiments. And if BLM didn't have an agenda against cops, they'd protest the deaths of cops too. Can you show us a protest launched by BLM against the killing of cops? No? Uh-oh, sounds like someone's full of shit then.

Can you show me a protest by the NRA and its members against the massacres at Sandy Hook? Can you show me a protest by the Tea Party against stop-and-frisk in New York? Whether you can or can't is irrelevant because the argument made is illogical.

The point of BLM is to protest police discrimination and injustices towards those in the black community. Any organization who has a specific mission doesn't necessarily have to protest, condemn, or promote political or social issues that aren't relevant to their core message.

That said, here's a bunch of BLM supporters calling out against violence towards the police: LINK And BLM itself opposing violence in Dallas and officers in general: LINK

Someone's full of shit but it isn't the poster you quoted.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

What do you know? You're a white male!

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 N30F3N1X

@mark1974 said:

@N30F3N1X: I have condemned those sentiments and I can only speak for myself. Black lives matters was not created to defend cops. It's not their focus so I really wouldn't expect them to protest the death of cops.

True, you can only speak for yourself, but so can everyone in the BLM movement. Where's the trending hashtag against killing cops? It doesn't matter that cops die during supposedly peaceful protests as long as those cops aren't black?

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mark1974

@N30F3N1X: I don't know how much this relates to your point but one of those cops killed in Baton Rouge was black. The guy does not seem to even be connected to black lives matters and was just a troubled ex soldier.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SolidSnake35
@mark1974 said:

If what you espouse leads to trouble, you have a responsibility to clarify your position. Silence makes you look guilty.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mark1974

@SolidSnake35: I'm not sure there is evidence that these shooters did what they did because of anything black lives matters has said or done.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By N30F3N1X

@drunk_pi said:
@N30F3N1X said:

Can you show me a protest by the NRA and its members against the massacres at Sandy Hook? Can you show me a protest by the Tea Party against stop-and-frisk in New York? Whether you can or can't is irrelevant because the argument made is illogical.

The point of BLM is to protest police discrimination and injustices towards those in the black community. Any organization who has a specific mission doesn't necessarily have to protest, condemn, or promote political or social issues that aren't relevant to their core message.

That said, here's a bunch of BLM supporters calling out against violence towards the police: LINK And BLM itself opposing violence in Dallas and officers in general: LINK

Someone's full of shit but it isn't the poster you quoted.

The NRA and Tea Party didn't have targeted killings at their protests and their (supposed) aim isn't reduction of violence or peaceful cohexistence. Why not ask about Greenpeace and NATO while you're at it? You're the one who's making illogical arguments.

The difference is that BLM has been repeatedly been accused of inciting violence against cops, and the movement as a whole didn't even bother trying to get rid of these accusations. Inciting violence is quite dissonant with protesting against discrimination, don't you think? Unlike the idiotic examples you made that have absolutely nothing to do with the argument.

Besides, the supposed police discrimination has been statistically proven to be unexistant - worse, blacks are undertargeted by invasive police procedures. The movement should've either flat out stopped itself in its tracks or changed aim immediately when those statistics came out. Instead it still goes on, whining about how unfairly black people are being treated compared to everyone else when in fact the very things they're whining about inconvenience them less than anyone else. That's how any critical-thinking and fact-valuing person understands the movement is dishonest.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 N30F3N1X

@mark1974 said:

@SolidSnake35: I'm not sure there is evidence that these shooters did what they did because of anything black lives matters has said or done.

Very true. But you're asking for a standard of proof that goes well beyond the capabilities of arguments over the internet.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SolidSnake35

@mark1974 said:

I don't know. Such terrible rhetoric... it might just push some over the edge. I know I come close to gouging my own eyes out when I read their latest argument.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

@mark1974 said:

@sSubZerOo: If you don't like BLM and that is legitimate, does it follow you are against every black person peacefully protesting against police treatment? What if that person says I don't care about BLM or what their so called leaders think I am hear to protest unfair treatment, do you still feel a need to put them under the same umbrella and blame them for this?

BLM is absolutely to be blame for the hostility cops are facing recently. Anyone who extrajudicially and publicly pass judgement in the aftermath of any shooting is responsible for the consequences regardless of whether they are doing it peacefully or not. How can anyone without access to all relevant facts, evidences and testimonies (you know like the kind that's provided in a courtroom?) know whether the "treatment" is unfair or not?

Don Lemon claims that BLM's message is one of peace, that is complete bullshit (as much as the claim that Islam is a religion of peace, or any religion for that matter). BLM advocate punishment for cops for any use of force as long as the victims are black, outside of our legal system. That's not a message of peace but a call to action; core BLM message is "your justice system has failed you, take matter into your own hand".