AVGN Movie Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

If you didn't know already, James Rolfe, the Angry Video Game Nerd, has been making a feature movie for some time now in which he reviews the Atari 2600 E.T game. He just released the trailer for the movie, which can be seen here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiz95K1ngiI

What do you think? I'm a little underwhelmed by it to be honest. I didn't really have massive hopes for it in the first place though so I can't say I'm disappointed.

#2 Posted by PinkiePirate (2087 posts) -

I'm sooo excited for this!

#3 Posted by Warhawk_ (1497 posts) -

Doesn't look that good to be honest.

#4 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16780 posts) -

Looks great

#5 Posted by mitu123 (154213 posts) -

So it's actually coming to theatres?O_o

#6 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

mitu123

No. DVD.

I think.

#7 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Amster_G

No. DVD.

I think.

Most likely a situation similar to that Nigahiga movie from a few years back where it'll get a super super limited release in one theater in the whole world before going straight to DVD.

#8 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

[QUOTE="Amster_G"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

TheFallenDemon

No. DVD.

I think.

Most likely a situation similar to that Nigahiga movie from a few years back where it'll get a super super limited release in one theater in the whole world before going straight to DVD.

I'd like to correct myself;

From the YouTube video description: "The film is expected to be completed in the summer of 2013, but only time will tell. Independent films take a long time to finish. This one is no exception. It's eventually expected to be released on DVD and/or Blu-ray, and to be available around the world, after showing to some live audiences in theater venues. Digital downloads is also an option. The immediate goal is to finish the film first."

#9 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Amster_G

No. DVD.

I think.

"It's eventually expected to be released on DVD and/or Blu-ray, and to be available around the world, after showing to some live audiences in theater venues. Digital downloads is also an option." Taken straight from the video description.
#10 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

[QUOTE="Amster_G"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

1PMrFister

No. DVD.

I think.

"It's eventually expected to be released on DVD and/or Blu-ray, and to be available around the world, after showing to some live audiences in theater venues. Digital downloads is also an option." Taken straight from the video description.

Lol, I posted that as a correction to my original post just seconds before you posted that :P

#11 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

I think the budget was $300,000 all from fan donations. I know it's just a trailer, and I'm definitely not acustom to the costs of movie production, but the effects didn't really look like that of the cost.

#12 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

I think the budget was $300,000 all from fan donations. I know it's just a trailer, and I'm definitely not acustom to the costs of movie production, but the effects didn't really look like that of the cost.

sune_Gem

Don't forget, this isn't a Hollywood project. It's merely a high-end pro-amateur film project.

#13 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -
What in the shiit? I remember watching his videos all the time. Didn't know he was still relevant.
#14 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -
It looks okay. I'm a huge fan of the AVGN, but something about it just wasn't right.
#15 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Liked interesting until he puked at the end.
#16 Posted by nintendoman562 (5593 posts) -

What does that trailer have to do with video games? It seems like an action movie.

#17 Posted by the_phenom_ (2992 posts) -
I'm defiantly interested. Can't wait.
#18 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20047 posts) -
I will be watching it, but I didn't see enough games in there. :(
#19 Posted by m25105 (3135 posts) -
More power to him if he can get people to fund his dreams. I ain't paying to see it though (might watch if it's free).
#20 Posted by m25105 (3135 posts) -
[QUOTE="Amster_G"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

1PMrFister

No. DVD.

I think.

Oh man, that's awesome. He gets his fans to fun the entire budget and now he cashes in with the sales. Well played to the guy.
#21 Posted by lloveLamp (2890 posts) -
making movies is hard
#22 Posted by dissonantblack (34002 posts) -

Looks hilarious. Can't wait!

#23 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I'm an AVGN fan but this looks disgustingly self serving.

#24 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16780 posts) -

sune_Gem

I think they are supposed to look crappy.

#25 Posted by InEMplease (6354 posts) -

I came.

Edit: I came twice.

Edited Edit: The movie looks like a total suckfest, but didn't ANN become the Great AVGN through total suckfests? This will be another pleasant suckfest, I'm sure.

#26 Posted by riou7 (10833 posts) -

It's looking good

#27 Posted by Gamertag-TFTW (2235 posts) -

I know all about it and I'm HAPPY that BlackNerdComedy is in it. Ha!

#28 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -
Looks too cheesy
#29 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

Looks pretty bad.

#30 Posted by undergroundLPx (645 posts) -

What the hell is this?

#31 Posted by InEMplease (6354 posts) -

What the hell is this?

undergroundLPx

What...the hell...are you?

#32 Posted by soulless4now (41381 posts) -

The hell...

#33 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Gonna suck major rick.
#34 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -

I was actually expecting less than what I've seen in the trailer here. It actually looks like a movie with a budget.

#35 Posted by InEMplease (6354 posts) -

The hell...

soulless4now

watch Predator broseoh.

#36 Posted by soulless4now (41381 posts) -

[QUOTE="soulless4now"]

The hell...

InEMplease

watch Predator broseoh.

I'll pass on that one too.
#37 Posted by InEMplease (6354 posts) -

[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

[QUOTE="soulless4now"]

The hell...

soulless4now

watch Predator broseoh.

I'll pass on that one too.

I don't even remmeber typing that...hell, I dont't even know what the hell I was talking about.

#38 Posted by MrGeezer (56665 posts) -
Liked interesting until he puked at the end. Swanogt19
Yeah...he goes overboard with the potty humor. I can understand every once in a while, but just way too many of his jokes revolve around vomit or feces. Most people grow out of their "puke and poop are funny" phase by the time they leave kindergarten. Anyway, is this the reason why he's been doing so few reviews lately? Personally I'd just like to see him go back to reviewing more games.
#39 Posted by DeathCl0ck (104 posts) -

Looks like a piece of Shlt.

#40 Posted by dave123321 (34196 posts) -
That looks awful
#41 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

Opinions do seem very 50/50.

Let's not judge a book by its cover though.

#42 Posted by benleslie5 (7899 posts) -

Its this, Wreck-it-Ralph and The Hobbit I really want to see when it comes to movies

#43 Posted by Nude_Dude (5371 posts) -
Looks horrible. Day fcking one.
#44 Posted by Nuck81 (5863 posts) -
What were some of you expecting? It's a guy who used to make Youtube video's with a VHS Camcorder and a cassete recorder that edited by pausing and hitting play on another VHS camcorder, making a full movie on a budget that's less than a major release spends on catering in a week. I thought it looked fine, it is what it is. Good for James Rolfe and I hope he makes something that he is proud of.
#45 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34175 posts) -

For what it is, it's alright.

#46 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151691 posts) -
LOL people are so meh that people like this become famous....
#47 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

What were some of you expecting? It's a guy who used to make Youtube video's with a VHS Camcorder and a cassete recorder that edited by pausing and hitting play on another VHS camcorder, making a full movie on a budget that's less than a major release spends on catering in a week. I thought it looked fine, it is what it is. Good for James Rolfe and I hope he makes something that he is proud of.Nuck81

I suppose. He's into filming so it's probably a dream come true for him to be able to direct and star in his own movie that he wrote himself with a friend.