Australian Comedian On Gun Control In The US

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

@thegerg said:
@richietickles said:

In other news, I just found out today that the company I started working for has done work for Sturm Ruger in the past and as such, all employees are eligible for a 40% discount on all Ruger guns. Checking the Ruger website, after the discount is applied, I could buy an assault rifle for less than $450.

What "assault rifles" does Ruger make available for public purchase in the US? I know that they sell ARs, but they're just semi-auto long-barrel rifles, no "assault rifles."

I was just using "assault rifle" as a shorter way of saying evil, black, hi-capacity, semi-automatic, AR rifle.

But Ruger makes a couple variants of gas piston AR's, including one in .308, a Direct Impingement AR, which is half the price of the gas ones, and then the Mini-14.

All of which I can get at 40% off MSRP. :D

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I own a Mini-14...great rifle! Kinda funny that I don't think I've ever heard this rifle come up in "scary guns!" debates, but has practically the same specs as guns such as the AR-15 which is most commonly targeted.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#54 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Hexagon_777: I think this is absolute funny coming from someone who´s country have immigration and refugee politics that has every human rights advocate up in arms.

So i would love to hear his views on that.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 RichieTickles

@Renevent42 said:

I own a Mini-14...great rifle! Kinda funny that I don't think I've ever heard this rifle come up in "scary guns!" debates, but has practically the same specs as guns such as the AR-15 which is most commonly targeted.

Because it doesn't look scary.

You gotta remember, the only thing that matters to the Liberal Marxists are looks and titles. If you're a gay, transracial, Muslim, handicapped cripple then you could run and win a Presidency seat at the very least. Pretty sure Obama fits all the categories I listed above.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts
@richietickles said:
@thegerg said:
@richietickles said:

In other news, I just found out today that the company I started working for has done work for Sturm Ruger in the past and as such, all employees are eligible for a 40% discount on all Ruger guns. Checking the Ruger website, after the discount is applied, I could buy an assault rifle for less than $450.

What "assault rifles" does Ruger make available for public purchase in the US? I know that they sell ARs, but they're just semi-auto long-barrel rifles, no "assault rifles."

I was just using "assault rifle" as a shorter way of saying evil, black, hi-capacity, semi-automatic, AR rifle.

But Ruger makes a couple variants of gas piston AR's, including one in .308, a Direct Impingement AR, which is half the price of the gas ones, and then the Mini-14.

Mini-14 is a pretty great varmint rifle.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 RichieTickles

@topgunmv said:
@richietickles said:
@thegerg said:
@richietickles said:

And the AR isn't? Don't get me wrong, I like the Mini, it has a look to it I like, and it's tough as Charlie Sheen's liver.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@richietickles said:
@topgunmv said:
@richietickles said:
@thegerg said:
@richietickles said:

And the AR isn't? Don't get me wrong, I like the Mini, it has a look to it I like, and it's tough as Charlie Sheen's liver.

I don't own an AR but I see a lot of complaints about them being high maintenance/finicky.

Though granted most of them were on AK forums and a buddy who owns one has never complained.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

@topgunmv: Reliability (or rather, unreliability) of AR is overstated in my experience. Sure if you have the select fire version and going to hump it in the desert for weeks at a time without cleaning, it will be problematic. But as far as, semi auto civy version goes, it is as reliable as any decent rifle.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Gun Control + Irrational fear ÷ 2 = troll24

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
@Jacanuk said:

@Hexagon_777: I think this is absolute funny coming from someone who´s country have immigration and refugee politics that has every human rights advocate up in arms.

At the same time, people in the UK and other countries want to become more like Australia because Australia doesn't take shit from immigrants.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@topgunmv said:

I don't own an AR but I see a lot of complaints about them being high maintenance/finicky.

Though granted most of them were on AK forums and a buddy who owns one has never complained.

I mean, if you consider needing to clean them "high maintenance" then yes, they're high maintenance.

As long you maintain it, it will probably outlast you.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#64  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@ariabed said:
@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:
@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:

@richietickles: the **** you need an assault rifle for.

You may think you are mentally stable right now.

But things can happen in your life that may push you over the edge then you will take that assault rifle and kill a hella people. Not saying it will happen but it can and does happen.

Or even someone close to you may loose it come and take your gun and kill a hella people. When you have guns like that, that gun becomes a potential tool of death.

Hammers, knives, and fists were used in more murders last year than assault rifles. Just stop already, please. I can take a hunting rifle with a scope and blow your head off from 1000 yards away, but since it is not called an "assault rifle" it is okay? Just stop, please.

I thought we squashed the beef, I'm sure i told u yesterday that i didnt want to argue with you on this subject anymore, now you come in a different thread on the same kinda subject and you carry on, commenting on a post i wrote a couple of days ago before i told you i didnt want to argue.

Now will YOU please stop.

ROFL....seriously? You really expect to post your views on controversial subjects without being challenged in any way? Wait a minute, let me try. Gamepost OT posters....please stop arguing with me! I will continue to post all thoughts on gun control, religion, race issues, and politics in general....but do not attempt to debate me please. I will let you know if that works out for me.

If you don't want people to challenge your views I suggest you do not post them on an internet forum. If you do not want to argue about this subject anymore, stop posting in the threads concerning it. Mods, am I right?

Mods am i right(fml) keep crying to the mods BOY!!!

I didnt continue to post, Why reply to a old post i had made days before i told you i wanted to stop arguing with you on the subject it makes no sense, and you tell me to stop lol, I obviously had every intention of stopping which is evident in me saying i dont want to argue with you anymore, i told you that yesterday, and you go and kick it all off again by replying to a post a made a couple days ago.

When i posted that i didnt want to argue anymore you replied saying you agree that even one childs life bla bla blaa..... and i left it at that, that was yesterday. Then like a little dirty snake you went and found a post i had made 2 days ago and you carry on with your bullshit, and you have the cheek to tell ME to stop.

Surely thats harassment mods?

@korvus

I did not realize it was an old post, I was seeing this thread for the first time and thought it was new and that you (ariabed) were engaging in anti-gun discussion again. It was not the same topic so I didn't know where you were coming from. I see that now in your reply, I didn't have my coffee yet...my bad.

I apologize, I am big enough to do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#65 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@vfibsux: No worries, I'm just trying to avoid bad blood. I know certain topics mean more to us than others but at the end of the day getting seriously pissed off at someone we're going to have to deal with every other day for a long time (unless they get banned =P) is not in our best interest, right? =)

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Some of you really took him seriously. His style is kind of ignorant but that's where the jokes come from.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#67 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@darklight4 said:

Some of you really took him seriously. His style is kind of ignorant but that's where the jokes come from.

We take it seriously because it reflects real ideology and stances on this subject. Besides there is an old saying, for comedy to be funny there has to be some truth to it.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2354 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Sorry I had to turn him off. He really doesn't seem educated in the issue and is just going for laughs. Comedians aren't actually interested in facts.

I though the US had the highest by a long way gun related murders in the western world? My bad!

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2354 Posts

@vfibsux said:
@THUMPTABLE said:
@vfibsux said:

Funny delivery, but according to this idiot's logic no one should own a fire extinguisher. Only 600k houses burn down in the U.S., yet about 2 million are broken into.

Why bother having insurance if you are healthy? I mean come on, why?

I don't own my gun because I like it, I wish I did not have to own a gun. I don't enjoy it, and if I die without ever having to use it in self-defense I will die a happy man. I own it as insurance. I owe that to my family. I like how foreigner tell us we have a violence problem in America, yet tell us we don't need guns to defend ourselves all in the same breath.

Worry about your own fucking country. Last time I checked Australia is trying to become the rape capitol of the world.

Lol try hard!

I guess when you have nothing intelligent to say just blurt out something stupid with a lol and move on....

Does that count for your previous posts?

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 RichieTickles

@thegerg said:

@richietickles: A Mini 14 is on my short list of next gun purchases. I'm jealous of you.

I know you are

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#71 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I thought it was very accurate, and really funny.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:
@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:
@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:

@richietickles: the **** you need an assault rifle for.

You may think you are mentally stable right now.

But things can happen in your life that may push you over the edge then you will take that assault rifle and kill a hella people. Not saying it will happen but it can and does happen.

Or even someone close to you may loose it come and take your gun and kill a hella people. When you have guns like that, that gun becomes a potential tool of death.

Hammers, knives, and fists were used in more murders last year than assault rifles. Just stop already, please. I can take a hunting rifle with a scope and blow your head off from 1000 yards away, but since it is not called an "assault rifle" it is okay? Just stop, please.

I thought we squashed the beef, I'm sure i told u yesterday that i didnt want to argue with you on this subject anymore, now you come in a different thread on the same kinda subject and you carry on, commenting on a post i wrote a couple of days ago before i told you i didnt want to argue.

Now will YOU please stop.

ROFL....seriously? You really expect to post your views on controversial subjects without being challenged in any way? Wait a minute, let me try. Gamepost OT posters....please stop arguing with me! I will continue to post all thoughts on gun control, religion, race issues, and politics in general....but do not attempt to debate me please. I will let you know if that works out for me.

If you don't want people to challenge your views I suggest you do not post them on an internet forum. If you do not want to argue about this subject anymore, stop posting in the threads concerning it. Mods, am I right?

Mods am i right(fml) keep crying to the mods BOY!!!

I didnt continue to post, Why reply to a old post i had made days before i told you i wanted to stop arguing with you on the subject it makes no sense, and you tell me to stop lol, I obviously had every intention of stopping which is evident in me saying i dont want to argue with you anymore, i told you that yesterday, and you go and kick it all off again by replying to a post a made a couple days ago.

When i posted that i didnt want to argue anymore you replied saying you agree that even one childs life bla bla blaa..... and i left it at that, that was yesterday. Then like a little dirty snake you went and found a post i had made 2 days ago and you carry on with your bullshit, and you have the cheek to tell ME to stop.

Surely thats harassment mods?

@korvus

I did not realize it was an old post, I was seeing this thread for the first time and thought it was new and that you (ariabed) were engaging in anti-gun discussion again. It was not the same topic so I didn't know where you were coming from. I see that now in your reply, I didn't have my coffee yet...my bad.

I apologize, I am big enough to do that.

No worries i apologise also.

Cheers Korvus :)

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#73  Edited By killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

The guy gave me some laughs. "The first amendment allows me to say that the second amendment sucks dicks" haha

I'm in no position to talk about gun control in the US, so I'll leave it at that. :P

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@vfibsux said:
@darklight4 said:

We take it seriously because it reflects real ideology and stances on this subject. Besides there is an old saying, for comedy to be funny there has to be some truth to it.

American comedians make jokes about the UK. They make jokes about how we are reserved for example but I don't care because I know they are doing it for comedic value.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

He's 100% correct. And hilarious!

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#76 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

And the relevance isssss....

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 bmanva

@THUMPTABLE said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Sorry I had to turn him off. He really doesn't seem educated in the issue and is just going for laughs. Comedians aren't actually interested in facts.

I though the US had the highest by a long way gun related murders in the western world? My bad!

Does your definition of "western world" include south america?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

There are common sense things that should definitely be done when it comes to gun control.. Such as closing the gun show loop hole.. Or having a more rigorous background check.. I think banning of all weapons is as silly as the opposing side suggesting we should all carry one..

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 RichieTickles

@sSubZerOo said:

There are common sense things that should definitely be done when it comes to gun control.. Such as closing the gun show loop hole.. Or having a more rigorous background check.. I think banning of all weapons is as silly as the opposing side suggesting we should all carry one..

There is no such thing as a gun show loophole.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-59d151f079814

@richietickles said:
@sSubZerOo said:

You may want to read into a little event called the Columbine shooting in which 3 of the 4 weapons used were procured with out any kind of background checks through a gun show.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By RichieTickles

@sSubZerOo said:
@richietickles said:
@sSubZerOo said:

You may want to read into a little event called the Columbine shooting in which 3 of the 4 weapons used were procured with out any kind of background checks through a gun show.

As long as the person selling the gun(s) is a registered dealer, a background check must be preformed whether at their store or a gun show. However, if a person is not a dealer who sells guns for a living and is selling his private property to another person that is not otherwise restricted from being able to purchase or own a gun, then it does not require a background check.

If an old guy or pair of friends who aren't dealers and have a large collection want to sell some of their guns because they're downsizing, want to make some money, etc. and they want to sell them at a gun show, then yes, a person could buy their guns without a background check. However, those scenarios are quite rare, most people who sell a gun they own want to do it through an FFL dealer for safety reasons, but some may sell it to a person they personally know and it not require a background check.

Thus, there really is no "gun show loophole" it's more of a "not a dealer and selling personal property loophole" which, I don't have an issue with someone selling their gun to someone they personally know, it's the selling to a person they don't know that I think is being irresponsible.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By bmanva

@sSubZerOo said:
@richietickles said:
@sSubZerOo said:

And you might want to do a little research of your own. He's absolutely right that there's no such thing as a "gun show loophole" or any special exception to gun purchase when at a gun show versus any where else. When you purchase gun from a licensed dealer, background checks are mandatory. That's true whether you're buying in store or at a gun show. 95% of the seller at a gun show are FFLs (or Federal Firearm Licensee). What you are referring to is a private sale between two individuals whom are both state residents. In some states, background checks are not required for private transactions. Again it doesn't have to be at a gun show, such private sales can take place anywhere. In those cases, the responsibility falls on the sellers to make sure that the buyers are state residents and they are not prohibited from owning firearms (i.e. felons). Since the last official record for the weapon is the person that brought it from FFL, any guns used in a crime can be traced to the seller. If the seller didn't do right by the law in vetting the buyer they can faced criminal charges. Which is why all of the private sales I was part of, everyone always double check ids and keep copies of each other's info.

BTW background checks wouldn't have prevented the two Columbine shooters from buying the weapons since neither of them had prior criminal records.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@bmanva said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@richietickles said:
@sSubZerOo said:

And you might want to do a little research of your own. He's absolutely right that there's no such thing as a "gun show loophole" or any special exception to gun purchase when at a gun show versus any where else. When you purchase gun from a licensed dealer, background checks are mandatory. That's true whether you're buying in store or at a gun show. 95% of the seller at a gun show are FFLs (or Federal Firearm Licensee). What you are referring to is a private sale between two individuals whom are both state residents. In some states, background checks are not required for private transactions. Again it doesn't have to be at a gun show, such private sales can take place anywhere. In those cases, the responsibility falls on the sellers to make sure that the buyers are state residents and they are not prohibited from owning firearms (i.e. felons). Since the last official record for the weapon is the person that brought it from FFL, any guns used in a crime can be traced to the seller. If the seller didn't do right by the law in vetting the buyer they can faced criminal charges. Which is why all of the private sales I was part of, everyone always double check ids and keep copies of each other's info.

BTW background checks wouldn't have prevented the two Columbine shooters from buying the weapons since neither of them had prior criminal records.

33 states do not require background checks for private sales.. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/10/17689167-background-checks-for-guns-what-you-need-to-know?lite That more than accounts than just "some states".. The reason why they call it a gunshow loop hole is because it predominately happens there, but your point doesn't disprove my point that there is a loophole... If anything it points out the even greater problem is it can happen anywhere when it comes to private sales.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By bmanva

@sSubZerOo said:
@bmanva said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@richietickles said:
@sSubZerOo said:

33 states do not require background checks for private sales.. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/10/17689167-background-checks-for-guns-what-you-need-to-know?lite That more than accounts than just "some states".. The reason why they call it a gunshow loop hole is because it predominately happens there, but your point doesn't disprove my point that there is a loophole... If anything it points out the even greater problem is it can happen anywhere when it comes to private sales.

Except it's not a loophole and it doesn't predominately happen at a gun show, not since the internet. The term is a loaded word like assault weapons or high capacity magazines. By using them you already established yourself firmly on one side and it doesn't leave much room for debate.

And you've failed to touch upon the fact that background checks wouldn't have stop Columbine shooters in acquiring weapons.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By RichieTickles

@bmanva said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@bmanva said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@richietickles said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Except it's not a loophole and it doesn't predominately happen at a gun show, not since the internet. The term is a loaded word like assault weapons or high capacity magazines. By using them you already established yourself firmly on one side and it doesn't leave much room for debate.

And you've failed to touch upon the fact that background checks wouldn't have stop Columbine shooters in acquiring weapons.

He's misinformed and he's not going to replace truth with the BS he's been fed. rib really is a lost soul because to him feelings matter more than truth.

EDIT: Also, the only private sellers I think I've ever seen at shows have been guys selling antiques and black powder guns.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 bmanva

@richietickles said:
@bmanva said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@bmanva said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@richietickles said:
@sSubZerOo said:

He's misinformed and he's not going to replace truth with the BS he's been fed. rib really is a lost soul because to him feelings matter more than truth.

EDIT: Also, the only private sellers I think I've ever seen at shows have been guys selling antiques and black powder guns.

With so many scrutiny over guns these days, very few gun owners are willing to risk selling to someone who might use the guns for criminal acts and having that trace back to them. So now, private sellers will ask for conceal weapon permit or let FFL handle the transaction w/background checks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@bmanva said:

Except it's not a loophole and it doesn't predominately happen at a gun show, not since the internet.

But it is known as that.. I don't care what you decide to call it, it is something that a great deal many people see it as a issue.. IN which 33 states there doesn't need a background check.

The term is a loaded word like assault weapons or high capacity magazines.

We aren't talking about those and I haven't stated my opinion on either one.. Your muddying the water.

By using them you already established yourself firmly on one side and it doesn't leave much room for debate.

Now your poisoning the well. No where did I say guns should be banned, or went into assault rifle bans or other such things... If I were firmly on one side? Wouldn't I say assault rilfes and pistols should be banned? Oh that's right I didn't, your the one that is making the dumbass assumptions..

Nor did I ever state it would.. I pointed out it got huge attention because of that event.. That this certain legal matter could allow people to purchase weapons with out any kind of background check what so ever.. Why don't you see this as a problem? If you already support this, which from the sounds you do, than why wouldn't you want this to be written into law? It isn't going to curb 2nd amendment rights and it will solidify any kind of confusion in this regard.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Seriously? Got any evidence to back up those very broad claims?

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By RichieTickles

@bmanva said:
@richietickles said:
@bmanva said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@bmanva said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@richietickles said:
@sSubZerOo said:

With so many scrutiny over guns these days, very few gun owners are willing to risk selling to someone who might use the guns for criminal acts and having that trace back to them. So now, private sellers will ask for conceal weapon permit or let FFL handle the transaction w/background checks.

So you're saying that responsible gun owners are being safe and responsible even when they are selling their guns? This goes against everything the liberal media and Everytown espouse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@richietickles said:
@bmanva said:

So you're saying that responsible gun owners are being safe and responsible even when they are selling their guns? This goes against everything the liberal media and Everytown espouse.

Why would you guys be against this law if it doesn't hinder responsible and safe gun owners to begin with?

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 RichieTickles

@sSubZerOo said:
@richietickles said:
@bmanva said:

Why would you guys be against this law if it doesn't hinder responsible and safe gun owners to begin with?

Because it takes away the freedom of the individual to do with as they please.