Australian Comedian On Gun Control In The US

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

What do you think? Funny? Good points? Needs to get the **** out of the US?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

As someone outside of the US, I do think he has valid points and presents them in a entertaining manner.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

I think people on both sides need to stop fighting the good fight with microphones and keyboards.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hexagon_777
@alim298 said:

I think people on both sides need to stop fighting the good fight with microphones and keyboards.

That's right. This a debate about gun control. BRING OUT THE GUNS!!!

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I know he's wrong about people being "always fning ready." I know a guy with a concealed permit and he ALWAYS has his gun in the small of his back.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

well sure it's easy to criticize if you are an aussie.

hell, if i could randomly pick up an insect and throw it at you or slap you with a weed i just found and you die then i would not give a shit about guns either.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alim298

@Hexagon_777 said:
@alim298 said:

That's right. This a debate about gun control. BRING OUT THE GUNS!!!

Exactly

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@alim298: Don't you start trolling too...we have enough of those already XD

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 alim298

@korvus: I know. Sorry XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@alim298: Haha, no worries, just messing with you =D

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

You should see his stuff on religion also he's a comedian so don't it seriously.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

He actually makes a ton of fantastic points and does so in a very entertaining way. I've never seen this guy before, but I like him.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Jim Jeffries is funny fucking shit.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#14 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

That was a brilliant piece, even though I don't agree with some of his points.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

The dude seems really funny, I'm checking out his youtube channel.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

As a fellow Aussie, I approve.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

The shooting at Port Arthur was surpassed by the attack in Norway by Brevik.

As for what he says, it's the same old crap I've heard by anti gunners for years. He's presented nothing new that other anti's haven't said.

The shooting in Australia at Port Arthur was done by one guy, but the government treated all gun owners in Austrialia as though they were ticking time bombs waiting to kill. Treating all people who own guns like future murders is like saying all black kids are future shoplifters because they're black.

It's bullcrap. You can't associate all members of a group based on the actions of a small few.

In other news, I just found out today that the company I started working for has done work for Sturm Ruger in the past and as such, all employees are eligible for a 40% discount on all Ruger guns. Checking the Ruger website, after the discount is applied, I could buy an assault rifle for less than $450.

Stick that in your pipes and smoke it.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RichieTickles

@magicalclick said:

All I know is drug control already failed miserably. What makes people think gun control will not fail miserably? And this gets even worse when we can 3D print it at home. It is simply impossible. Hell, those bomber makes their own home brew bombs.

When someone is out to kill, they will find the way.

Yes. If someone has the tools at home, they can make their own guns. Were there to be some very tough laws passed, it would only be for the worse. Lots of people would lose their jobs, it would hurt the economy, government will have taken more freedoms away from the people, etc.

You can't argue reason and logic to unreasonable people who won't listen to facts and make decisions based on feelings.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@magicalclick said:

All I know is drug control already failed miserably. What makes people think gun control will not fail miserably? And this gets even worse when we can 3D print it at home. It is simply impossible. Hell, those bomber makes their own home brew bombs.

It worked for Australia.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hexagon_777
@richietickles said:

You can't argue reason and logic to unreasonable people who won't listen to facts and make decisions based on feelings.

Now that's irony. Those on the other side of the argument say the exact same thing.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@richietickles said:
@magicalclick said:

Yes. If someone has the tools at home, they can make their own guns. Were there to be some very tough laws passed, it would only be for the worse. Lots of people would lose their jobs, it would hurt the economy, government will have taken more freedoms away from the people, etc.

Typical all boils down to money the root of all evil hey.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ariabed

@richietickles: the **** you need an assault rifle for.

You may think you are mentally stable right now.

But things can happen in your life that may push you over the edge then you will take that assault rifle and kill a hella people. Not saying it will happen but it can and does happen.

Or even someone close to you may loose it come and take your gun and kill a hella people. When you have guns like that, that gun becomes a potential tool of death.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

That was actually a fantastic bid; I'm surprised the accent didn't get to me.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

@ariabed said:

But things can happen in your life that may push you over the edge then you will take that assault rifle and kill a hella people. Not saying it will happen but it can and does happen.

Or even someone close to you may loose it come and take your gun and kill a hella people. When you have guns like that, that gun becomes a potential tool of death.

If you're going to contribute to a debate, at least educate yourself on the basics of firearms. Very few people actually own assault rifles. In fact murders committed by a legally owned assault rifle is exactly zero.

What you think are "assault rifles" are actually not, since they have no select fire capability (burst or automatic fires). They are just semi-automatic civilian legal rifles are practically no different from something a hunter use to hunt or a sport shooter use in shooting competitions.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bmanva

@toast_burner: We should adapt all of Australian foreign and domestic policies, because "hey it works for Australia".

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RichieTickles

@ariabed said:

And the likelihood of any of that stuff happening is next to zero because I don't use drugs, don't take medication, don't have time to go on a massacre. You're using fear of something that might happen as the basis for your opinion as why people shouldn't have things.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

What this all comes down to is the same nonsense purported by people who don't like something: When somebody does something bad, punish everybody else. Reasonable people don't do that. Yet when it comes to guns everybody loses their minds.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RichieTickles

@airshocker said:

What this all comes down to is the same nonsense purported by people who don't like something: When somebody does something bad, punish everybody else. Reasonable people don't do that. Yet when it comes to guns everybody loses their minds.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bmanva

@airshocker: I think it's the simple matter of "we don't like or want it, so no one else should be able to have it".

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

He's funny, but he had a very good point... and he was right.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#33 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Gun control eh? Who needs guns anyway?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#34  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Funny delivery, but according to this idiot's logic no one should own a fire extinguisher. Only 600k houses burn down in the U.S., yet about 2 million are broken into.

Why bother having insurance if you are healthy? I mean come on, why?

I don't own my gun because I like it, I wish I did not have to own a gun. I don't enjoy it, and if I die without ever having to use it in self-defense I will die a happy man. I own it as insurance. I owe that to my family. I like how foreigner tell us we have a violence problem in America, yet tell us we don't need guns to defend ourselves all in the same breath.

Worry about your own fucking country. Last time I checked Australia is trying to become the rape capitol of the world.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vfibsux

@ariabed said:

Hammers, knives, and fists were used in more murders last year than assault rifles. Just stop already, please. I can take a hunting rifle with a scope and blow your head off from 1000 yards away, but since it is not called an "assault rifle" it is okay? Just stop, please.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vfibsux

@toast_burner said:
@magicalclick said:

It worked for Australia.

Really?

http://www.news.com.au/national/is-australia-staring-down-the-barrel-of-a-gun-crisis/story-fncynjr2-1226690018325

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/victorias-crime-rate-on-the-rise-again-20140827-108vaj.html

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/statistics-reveal-surge-in-crime-across-country-with-homicide-assault-public-order-gun-and-drug-offences-up-in-queensland/story-fnihsrf2-1226840030531

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-26/increasing-crime-rate-driven-by-family-violence2c-drug-offences/5284964

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/?Article_ID=17847

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@vfibsux said:

Funny delivery, but according to this idiot's logic no one should own a fire extinguisher. Only 600k houses burn down in the U.S., yet about 2 million are broken into.

I don't own my gun because I like it, I wish I did not have to own a gun. I don't enjoy it, and if I die without ever having to use it in self-defense I will die a happy man. I own it as insurance. I owe that to my family. I like how foreigner tell us we have a violence problem in America, yet tell us we don't need guns to defend ourselves all in the same breath.

Worry about your own fucking country. Last time I checked Australia is trying to become the rape capitol of the world.

Lol try hard!

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ariabed

Lala

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RichieTickles

@vfibsux said:

The liberal mentality isn't really liberal anymore, it's become full on Marxist because all it espouses is central authority placed in government and not in people. I support the natural right of a person, of sound mind, to own a gun. Owning a gun isn't for everyone and I understand some don't feel safe with one near them, but you never see a gun owner trying to force a person to buy one.

What you do see is the liberal Marxist forcing another to buy health insurance tho, and if they don't have it, they are extorted for not having it. What you do see is the liberal Marxist trying to take away a good person's guns and taking away the power of the police to search suspicious person's for them. What you do see is the Liberal Marxist forcing a Christian business to provide service to homosexual wedding ceremonies even though it is against their religious beliefs, yet allowing Muslim students to pray in schools even though it is against the separation of church and state.

So the liberal Marxist only sees an individuals right depending on the ethnicity, religious background, gender, or sexual orientation, but if you're white, Christian, male, heterosexual, or any other "normal" person, they see you as a bigoted freak.

Hell is a place where there is no reason and unreasoning is what the world is turning in to. The liberal Marxists are the demons of old and have turned everything they touch into a a pile of ash. Don't expect morons with attention spans less than that of a guppy to understand a damn thing about individual freedom, let alone that of owning a gun.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ariabed

@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:

Hammers, knives, and fists were used in more murders last year than assault rifles. Just stop already, please. I can take a hunting rifle with a scope and blow your head off from 1000 yards away, but since it is not called an "assault rifle" it is okay? Just stop, please.

I thought we squashed the beef, I'm sure i told u yesterday that i didnt want to argue with you on this subject anymore, now you come in a different thread on the same kinda subject and you carry on, commenting on a post i wrote a couple of days ago before i told you i didnt want to argue.

Now will YOU please stop.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 vfibsux

@THUMPTABLE said:
@vfibsux said:

Lol try hard!

I guess when you have nothing intelligent to say just blurt out something stupid with a lol and move on....

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vfibsux
@ariabed said:
@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:

I thought we squashed the beef, I'm sure i told u yesterday that i didnt want to argue with you on this subject anymore, now you come in a different thread on the same kinda subject and you carry on, commenting on a post i wrote a couple of days ago before i told you i didnt want to argue.

ROFL....seriously? You really expect to post your views on controversial subjects without being challenged in any way? Wait a minute, let me try. Gamepost OT posters....please stop arguing with me! I will continue to post all thoughts on gun control, religion, race issues, and politics in general....but do not attempt to debate me please. I will let you know if that works out for me.

If you don't want people to challenge your views I suggest you do not post them on an internet forum. If you do not want to argue about this subject anymore, stop posting in the threads concerning it. Mods, am I right?

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ariabed

@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:
@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:

ROFL....seriously? You really expect to post your views on controversial subjects without being challenged in any way? Wait a minute, let me try. Gamepost OT posters....please stop arguing with me! I will continue to post all thoughts on gun control, religion, race issues, and politics in general....but do not attempt to debate me please. I will let you know if that works out for me.

If you don't want people to challenge your views I suggest you do not post them on an internet forum. If you do not want to argue about this subject anymore, stop posting in the threads concerning it. Mods, am I right?

Mods am i right(fml) keep crying to the mods BOY!!!

I didnt continue to post, Why reply to a old post i had made days before i told you i wanted to stop arguing with you on the subject it makes no sense, and you tell me to stop lol, I obviously had every intention of stopping which is evident in me saying i dont want to argue with you anymore, i told you that yesterday, and you go and kick it all off again by replying to a post a made a couple days ago.

When i posted that i didnt want to argue anymore you replied saying you agree that even one childs life bla bla blaa..... and i left it at that, that was yesterday. Then like a little dirty snake you went and found a post i had made 2 days ago and you carry on with your bullshit, and you have the cheek to tell ME to stop.

Surely thats harassment mods?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

Just drop it guys...having this unproductive conversation in several threads is bordering spam.

Also, @vfibsux, if you asked me not to reply to a particular comment you've made I would respect your request =) Worst case scenario I would just ignore your posts in the future. Just because you say something I disagree with doesn't mean I'm going to be chasing you around berating you for it.

@ariabed: Same goes for you...if he's supposed to ignore your posts surely you can ignore his.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

Sorry I had to turn him off. He really doesn't seem educated in the issue and is just going for laughs. Comedians aren't actually interested in facts.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ariabed

@thegerg said:
@richietickles said:

In other news, I just found out today that the company I started working for has done work for Sturm Ruger in the past and as such, all employees are eligible for a 40% discount on all Ruger guns. Checking the Ruger website, after the discount is applied, I could buy an assault rifle for less than $450.

What "assault rifles" does Ruger make available for public purchase in the US? I know that they sell ARs, but they're just semi-auto long-barrel rifles, no "assault rifles."

Lmao!! They are asualt rifles man. What do you think asault rifleas are?

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bmanva

@ariabed said:
@thegerg said:
@richietickles said:

What "assault rifles" does Ruger make available for public purchase in the US? I know that they sell ARs, but they're just semi-auto long-barrel rifles, no "assault rifles."

Lmao!! They are asualt rifles man. What do you think asault rifleas are?

Not what you think they are. Honestly if you want to debate about gun control the least you can do is educate yourself on the basics and not make a fool out of yourself like this guy:

Loading Video...

Assault rifles are select fire rifles. No arms manufacturers make select fire rifles for civilian market. In the US, no civilians can own select fire guns that's manufactured after 1986. I'm pretty positive that no homicide has ever been tied to a legally owned select fire weapon (you can google to be sure).

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ariabed

@thegerg: @bmanva: oh i always thought they were semi auto assault rifles. I stand corrected.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bmanva

@ariabed: There's no such thing as semi auto assault rifles. Things that people in the media attribute to "assault rifles" such as pistol grips, bayonet lugs, flash hiders, collapsible stocks don't actually contribute to the rifle's lethality. Something like short barrels actually make the rifle less lethal.