Australia is a racist Hellhole - Study.

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Largest ever racism study finds ... Australians are Racist.

Although the survey is questioned based and most people don't believe they are racist, there is still plenty of material here to prove what we already know. The only problem with a survey such as this is that it places people into pressures for answers that they know are not percieved to be politically correct - many will not own up to admitting racism towards Indigenous people; "I'm not prejudiced against Aboriginal people, but ... "

The survey reveals that nearly half of Australians are freely admitting to be racist is some way, albeit more open racism towards Muslems than Aboriginals within the survey period - The few Australian media reporters that have picked up the story have been reading the survey with their usual prejudiced blinkers - All is fairly OK, apparently!

racism-symbol.jpg

Source

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

calling someone racist is racist

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Flubbbs
This. By assuming race is some huge thing you must focus on, you're showing the world that someone's race really matters to you. When i see a black guy, I dont yell "OMG A BLACK MAN", he's just another man, walking down the street. There's no sense in pointing out his race. I'd also like to point out they're talking about the Australian aboriginals. Most of which are essentially still living in the bush, and not speaking English. It's like how i dont hate the Aboriginals of Canada, but I cant help but notice the land and money we've given them hasn't been spent very wisely.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
So.. what are you trying to prove?!
Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts
Because they have a great immigration policy, man, I wish the UK could grow some balls & do that.
crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

Largest ever racism study finds ... Australians are Racist.

Although the survey is questioned based and most people don't believe they are racist, there is still plenty of material here to prove what we already know. The only problem with a survey such as this is that it places people into pressures for answers that they know are not percieved to be politically correct - many will not own up to admitting racism towards Indigenous people; "I'm not prejudiced against Aboriginal people, but ... "

The survey reveals that nearly half of Australians are freely admitting to be racist is some way, albeit more open racism towards Muslems than Aboriginals within the survey period - The few Australian media reporters that have picked up the story have been reading the survey with their usual prejudiced blinkers - All is fairly OK, apparently!

Source

loco145
They shouldn't be racist considering that their land was taken from the Aboriginals.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

>The survey reveals that nearly half of Australians are freely admitting to be racist is some way, albeit more open racism towards Muslems 

>Muslem 

>lem 

-- 

Islam is not a race, so that survey is not credible because the surveyor (s) does not realize this fact.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#9 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

And in every other country in the world, everyone loves everyone else, rainbows fill the sky and puppies and kittens run free.

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

I'd just like to point out that saying "Australia is a racist hellhole" isn't any better than the attitudes revealed in the survey. Yes, there appears to be a startling degree of racism. But to call it a "hellhole" is a little extreme. 

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Australians are probably the only society worse than Americans in terms of respect for their own ecosystem and for native peoples.  Their attitudes towards aboriginals are horrible and they're working their way to making Australia an unviable place to live at current population levels.  A whole society that is seeing the native culture and ecosystem, both of which were abundantly rich, die off, and most of them couldn't care less, it's pretty saddening.

[QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

Nibroc420

This. By assuming race is some huge thing you must focus on, you're showing the world that someone's race really matters to you. When i see a black guy, I dont yell "OMG A BLACK MAN", he's just another man, walking down the street. There's no sense in pointing out his race. I'd also like to point out they're talking about the Australian aboriginals. Most of which are essentially still living in the bush, and not speaking English. It's like how i dont hate the Aboriginals of Canada, but I cant help but notice the land and money we've given them hasn't been spent very wisely.

Aboriginals have their own culture that isn't focused on profit.  To expect them to take land grants and suddenly turn into a profit-focused culture is ethnocentric.  Besides, the point of receiving land is so that they can preserve their cultural heritage, and if they simply use the land in order to compete for economic status then they lose their cultural heritage anyways.

nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

>The survey reveals that nearly half of Australians are freely admitting to be racist is some way, albeit more open racism towards Muslems 

>Muslem 

>lem 

-- 

Islam is not a race, so that survey is not credible because the surveyor (s) does not realize this fact.

BranKetra
a better word would be bigoted then.
crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 crazyguy111

Australians are probably the only society worse than Americans in terms of respect for their own ecosystem and for native peoples.  Their attitudes towards aboriginals are horrible and they're working their way to making Australia an unviable place to live at current population levels.  A whole society that is seeing the native culture and ecosystem, both of which were abundantly rich, die off, and most of them couldn't care less, it's pretty saddening.

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

theone86

Aboriginals have their own culture that isn't focused on profit.  To expect them to take land grants and suddenly turn into a profit-focused culture is ethnocentric.  Besides, the point of receiving land is so that they can preserve their cultural heritage, and if they simply use the land in order to compete for economic status then they lose their cultural heritage anyways.

Those Aboriginals in their native lands without any kind of economic system are probably happier than most of us.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

well it's a hellhole i'll give it that.

racist? probably not as much.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crazyguy111

theone86

I knew someone would bring up the topic of America. But Americans treat their native population quite(although far from perfect) well compared to other countries. They have affirmative action, communities set aside for them, and many white Americans have Native blood in them. Native American history is taught in schools as well. We also have many Native American politicians and actors, in fact, Obama is said to be mixed with some Native American blood.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Australians are probably the only society worse than Americans in terms of respect for their own ecosystem and for native peoples. Their attitudes towards aboriginals are horrible and they're working their way to making Australia an unviable place to live at current population levels. A whole society that is seeing the native culture and ecosystem, both of which were abundantly rich, die off, and most of them couldn't care less, it's pretty saddening.

crazyguy111

I knew someone would bring up the topic of America. But Americans treat their native population quite(although far from perfect) well compared to other countries. They have affirmative action, communities set aside for them, and many white Americans have Native blood in them. Native American history is taught in schools as well. We also have many Native American politicians and actors, in fact, Obama is said to be mixed with some Native American blood.

this.

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

Because they have a great immigration policy, man, I wish the UK could grow some balls & do that. Justinps2hero

We will never do that unfortunately, and the reason is simple, the European Union will not let us.

We are destined to be flooded with poor people from the ex Communist countries and this will get worse in 2014 when Britain (mainly England) gets invaded by the Romanians and Bulgarians, it will be worse then the Polish invasion of 2004.

The Freedom of movement law wouldn't be so bad if it was just for western European countries (UN definition) but if you add in poor eastern European countries.. it becomes a problem.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Who cares? Everyone is racist at some point. You try to be as tolerant as you can be but even if you don't consider yourself racist, everyone has said some racist comment at some point in their life. And today with all the political correctness and people getting upset of anything and everything, even when they are just twisting things around.. you can't say hello to someone without them being able to take offense.
ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ThaneKrios28
Member since 2013 • 1551 Posts

i actually wanna go to australia ...... bag me a aussie chick

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
Not surprised. My ausi friends have made comments that always make me wonder.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

[QUOTE="Justinps2hero"]Because they have a great immigration policy, man, I wish the UK could grow some balls & do that. Englandfc1966

We will never do that unfortunately, and the reason is simple, the European Union will not let us.

We are destined to be flooded with poor people from the ex Communist countries and this will get worse in 2014 when Britain (mainly England) gets invaded by the Romanians and Bulgarians, it will be worse then the Polish invasion of 2004.

The Freedom of movement law wouldn't be so bad if it was just for western European countries (UN definition) but if you add in poor eastern European countries.. it becomes a problem.

So leave the Union....you kept your own monetary system.
applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

I'm Australian, and I have to agree. There is a startling degree of racism here.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts
Not surprising to be honest, considering all the videos I keep seeing of bogans insulting other races.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#24 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Who cares? Everyone is racist at some point. You try to be as tolerant as you can be but even if you don't consider yourself racist, everyone has said some racist comment at some point in their life. And today with all the political correctness and people getting upset of anything and everything, even when they are just twisting things around.. you can't say hello to someone without them being able to take offense.Rattlesnake_8
I never said a racist comment in my life.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic
Who cares? Everyone is racist at some point. You try to be as tolerant as you can be but even if you don't consider yourself racist, everyone has said some racist comment at some point in their life. And today with all the political correctness and people getting upset of anything and everything, even when they are just twisting things around.. you can't say hello to someone without them being able to take offense.Rattlesnake_8
No everyone is not racist....
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Because they have a great immigration policy, man, I wish the UK could grow some balls & do that. Justinps2hero
What's so great about it? Or being sarcastic?
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Who cares? Everyone is racist at some point. You try to be as tolerant as you can be but even if you don't consider yourself racist, everyone has said some racist comment at some point in their life. And today with all the political correctness and people getting upset of anything and everything, even when they are just twisting things around.. you can't say hello to someone without them being able to take offense.LJS9502_basic

Yes you are a racist. The fact that every time a thread on racism comes up, you run in there the same argument each time has always made me wonder if you are trying to hide or overcome your own bigotry. You are you trying to convince of this, us or yourself?
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
theres a reason aboriginals arent particularly liked, theres too many of them that are just a waste of space and live off the extra money the government gives them. the civilised aboriginals admit to how awful their community is, i was talking about it with an aboriginal guy just the other week. and i dont have much to compare it to but yeah, australia is pretty racist
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Didn't we all already know that Australians are bigoted as hell?  The only English speaking group of whites more bigoted are South Africans.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 frannkzappa

Didn't we all already know that Australians are bigoted as hell? The only English speaking group of whites more bigoted are South Africans.

GummiRaccoon

lol

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

muslim isn't a race

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

muslim isn't a race

MakeMeaSammitch

People are saying racist when they mean bigoted.

And you can be bigoted against muslims

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="crazyguy111"][QUOTE="theone86"]

Australians are probably the only society worse than Americans in terms of respect for their own ecosystem and for native peoples. Their attitudes towards aboriginals are horrible and they're working their way to making Australia an unviable place to live at current population levels. A whole society that is seeing the native culture and ecosystem, both of which were abundantly rich, die off, and most of them couldn't care less, it's pretty saddening.

frannkzappa

this.

....LOL wow how delusional.. do you actually think the economically poor Indians actually like living on reservations where they can make no money, and have no individual rights as tribes *even though they were guaranteed Autonomy as a nation under every truce, and contract and reservation paper they signed* because the BIA and FBI will come in and shut down anything benign that happens to break Federal law? Next up you'll both say they were happy when Malaria ridden blankets were given to them under federal orders, Or when children were ripped from parents arms to be thrown into torture camps disguised as schools?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Who cares? Everyone is racist at some point. You try to be as tolerant as you can be but even if you don't consider yourself racist, everyone has said some racist comment at some point in their life. And today with all the political correctness and people getting upset of anything and everything, even when they are just twisting things around.. you can't say hello to someone without them being able to take offense.LJS9502_basic

yes actually they are, its a natural party of the human system to protect you and yours, and you most often identify you and yours with people of your race.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="crazyguy111"] I knew someone would bring up the topic of America. But Americans treat their native population quite(although far from perfect) well compared to other countries. They have affirmative action, communities set aside for them, and many white Americans have Native blood in them. Native American history is taught in schools as well. We also have many Native American politicians and actors, in fact, Obama is said to be mixed with some Native American blood.

WilliamRLBaker

this.

....LOL wow how delusional.. do you actually think the economically poor Indians actually like living on reservations where they can make no money, and have no individual rights as tribes *even though they were guaranteed Autonomy as a nation under every truce, and contract and reservation paper they signed* because the BIA and FBI will come in and shut down anything benign that happens to break Federal law? Next up you'll both say they were happy when Malaria ridden blankets were given to them under federal orders, Or when children were ripped from parents arms to be thrown into torture camps disguised as schools?

never said it was great, just better than other places.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Didn't we all already know that Australians are bigoted as hell?  The only English speaking group of whites more bigoted are South Africans.

GummiRaccoon
You got a reliable unbiased source for that? Also, a large minority if not a majority of white South Africans speak Afrikaans.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

Didn't we all already know that Australians are bigoted as hell? The only English speaking group of whites more bigoted are South Africans.

gamerguru100

You got a reliable unbiased source for that? Also, a large minority if not a majority of white South Africans speak Afrikaans.

what does that have to do with anything?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

frannkzappa

Not all white South Africans speak only English. O_O 

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"] You got a reliable unbiased source for that? Also, a large minority if not a majority of white South Africans speak Afrikaans. gamerguru100

my bad...6 AM

OldSoldier123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 OldSoldier123
Member since 2009 • 257 Posts

15% of Australia's population is of a non-European background whist other whites make up 5% of the population and 80% are white Australians these percentages are very similar to the UK, France, Germany and Canada. So overall the Australians have let a similar percentage of foreign peoples immigrate into their country. Developed Nations that are truly xenophobic are China, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan where usually around 98% of the population is native Chinese, Japanese etc and the very small foreign minority are there for business or diplomatic reasons rather than just usual immigrants seeking a better life.  

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

frannkzappa

my bad...6 AM

Almost 5 AM here
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamerguru100

15% of Australia's population is of a non-European background whist other whites make up 5% of the population and 80% are white Australians these percentages are very similar to the UK, France, Germany and Canada. So overall the Australians have let a similar percentage of foreign peoples immigrate into their country. Developed Nations that are truly xenophobic are China, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan where usually around 98% of the population is native Chinese, Japanese etc and the very small foreign minority are there for business or diplomatic reasons rather than just usual immigrants seeking a better life.  

OldSoldier123
Yeah, it's kinda funny when people denounce all white people as racist when it's Western countries that are letting in anyone and everyone, partly for the sake of "diversity".
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Who cares? Everyone is racist at some point. You try to be as tolerant as you can be but even if you don't consider yourself racist, everyone has said some racist comment at some point in their life. And today with all the political correctness and people getting upset of anything and everything, even when they are just twisting things around.. you can't say hello to someone without them being able to take offense.TheWalkingGhost

Yes you are a racist. The fact that every time a thread on racism comes up, you run in there the same argument each time has always made me wonder if you are trying to hide or overcome your own bigotry. You are you trying to convince of this, us or yourself?

Because it annoys me that racists try to justify their own racism by acting as though it's common and the default status of humans. I didn't mention myself at all..,..but it's readily apparent to anyone with a brain that you are a racist. Hence your justifications.
Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#46 Hiddai
Member since 2004 • 6117 Posts
lol I assume in 10-20-30(whatever...) years frim now there'll be more muslims in europe than christians.
OldSoldier123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OldSoldier123
Member since 2009 • 257 Posts

[QUOTE="OldSoldier123"]

gamerguru100

Yeah, it's kinda funny when people denounce all white people as racist when it's Western countries that are letting in anyone and everyone, partly for the sake of "diversity".

Well said Western Nations are amongst the most tolerant in the world with the US leading in this regard.

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

Israel is more racist. I live in Israel and the people in Israel are quite racist too and the social Justice system in Israel is simply barbaric and merciless.

The Israeli society is barbaric, simply barbaric.

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts
[QUOTE="Justinps2hero"]Because they have a great immigration policy, man, I wish the UK could grow some balls & do that. Hiddai
lol I assume in 10-20-30(whatever...) years frim now there'll be more muslims in europe than christians.

Well duh. That's why we need to nuke 'em now.
Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts

I love making racist cracks. Sorry. However, I do not have any hate for any particular ethnicity. I also make all sorts of discriminating remarks when I drive, nobody is safe. I am adamant about pointing out the 3 O's (Ovaries, Old and Oriental) when I drive and actively avoid them when possible. The other day a cabbie kept swerving into my lane without signaling, I felt like telling him "I know there's no lanes in the sky when you drive your carpet, but there's lanes down here!". It's difficult to make up ethnic cracks for white people though...I usually just say something belligerent. What is it when you don't hate any race but you still make fun of them? Including your own? I'll say I am just politically incorrect.

I would find it hard to vote in a similar poll.