AU Discussion Thread (Australian Users)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

@Chickan_117: they are working on signatures i think. for a quick moment i could see yours.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#152  Edited By Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

@OmitName - Love your username :) Reminds me of when Amy calls Bender and his voicemail messages says:

[female voice] You're reached the voicemail of

[Bender] I'm not giving my name to a damn machine!

lol

@mjc said:
@Chickan_117 said:

Holy hell this game is GLORIOUS! Why didn't I play it sooner?!

What's with the B style rank? I'd expect you to be SSSensational!

I said IT was glorious... not me. I never claimed to be any good at these things, I just really enjoy them. Like Bayonetta that took me years to actually play thru to completion!

bayloski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 bayloski
Member since 2010 • 2707 Posts

@36Chambers93 said:

No pet threads no more so ill post them here.

Me and doggie chilling on my sun bed over the weekend.

He looks happy. How's his recent health issues going??

I came home today to a few more holes from the digger. Then a bob-tail lizard was wondering around the garden that was promptly picked up in a certain canines mouth. Fortunately he dropped it without hurting it.

I just took him out for a walk and saw an owl, it was on the grass and let me walk within about 2metres of it. I'm like a bloody native wildlife magnet today.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#154  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@jamesh-42 said:

It looks like the sports forum people complained loudly enough to get their forum reopened ahead of the migration of the old threads that will apparently be happening next week. I guess we were all too polite to get the same treatment w.r.t. the AU forum.

Hopefully that means the AU forum will be reopening next week too though.

Zorine, mjc, Nintendo_Man & Maverick_John ^ Time to do your magic!!! By your powers combine, get AU board back :) :p

@mjc my bro in law also bought one today..he'd ask me to bring some games for him. :P

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Chickan_117

Cool guys may not look at explosions... but sometimes they should

jamesh-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#156 jamesh-42
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts
@Chickan_117 said:
When the AU forum comes back is it a proper migration? I.e. do all our old threads come back too as I'd hate to lose some of the stuff like the Unfinished Game Challenge history and stuff.

Well, they say they're migrating the old sports forum threads over (see the link in my previous message). That probably means they're doing the same for the AU forum, but that's just speculation.

elektrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By elektrixx
Member since 2010 • 2574 Posts

Adblock causing videos not starting was a bug. It wasn't intentional.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#158  Edited By mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

-_-' im so tired... was out all day, wanted to make a podcast, even suited up for it, but ended up playing Fifa 14 at my friends place...

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Chickan_117

I'm tired too. Got two sick kids and a sick wife at the moment so spending my week off work looking after everyone :( So, when they were all in bed at around 10 I fired up DMC anf just knocked it off then. Well worth staying up for. What an exceptional game :D

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By OmitName
@Chickan_117 said:

@OmitName - ...[Bender] I'm not giving my name to a damn machine!...

exactly my sentiment when signing up. as part of the institution of me with this name, i might even be able to identify with the irony of him saying that.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 mystic_knight

All the games i want's trailers are being released how exciting ^_^ Kingdom hearts 3 !!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/kingdom-hearts-iii-gameplay-trailer-from-d23-expo-/2300-6415578/

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 36Chambers93
Member since 2012 • 261 Posts

@bayloski said:

@36Chambers93 said:

No pet threads no more so ill post them here.

Me and doggie chilling on my sun bed over the weekend.

He looks happy. How's his recent health issues going??

I came home today to a few more holes from the digger. Then a bob-tail lizard was wondering around the garden that was promptly picked up in a certain canines mouth. Fortunately he dropped it without hurting it.

I just took him out for a walk and saw an owl, it was on the grass and let me walk within about 2metres of it. I'm like a bloody native wildlife magnet today.

He actually had another seizure again yesterday afternoon. Also he is over licking one of his paws at the moment, on closer inspection on why he is doing this, it appears that he has some form of an infection.

My dog kills lizards immediately, he is always catching skinks and the occasional blue tongue.

I once had a turtle in my backyard, I have no idea how in the hell it got there. Next day it was gone. I mean I do live near a river but im wondering did it jump several fences to get in or did he have an underground tunnel system built.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#163 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

Sigs are working now, even seen some animated ones as well.

bayloski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 bayloski

@36Chambers93 said:

He actually had another seizure again yesterday afternoon. Also he is over licking one of his paws at the moment, on closer inspection on why he is doing this, it appears that he has some form of an infection.

My dog kills lizards immediately, he is always catching skinks and the occasional blue tongue.

I once had a turtle in my backyard, I have no idea how in the hell it got there. Next day it was gone. I mean I do live near a river but im wondering did it jump several fences to get in or did he have an underground tunnel system built.

Poor little guy. Is there anything the vet can do about the seizures??

We get snakes near ours due to the nature reserve and water facility so I'd rather him not grab the local wildlife. If I wasn't there when the lizard was there I'm fairly certain he would have killed and and maybe even eaten it.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 mystic_knight

Dont they still give phenytoin or carbemazepine to them for seizures, Im pretty sure most human treatment is also given to dogs. I have NFI on the doses though.

zorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#166  Edited By zorine
Member since 2005 • 2330 Posts

@superbuuman said:

@jamesh-42 said:

It looks like the sports forum people complained loudly enough to get their forum reopened ahead of the migration of the old threads that will apparently be happening next week. I guess we were all too polite to get the same treatment w.r.t. the AU forum.

Hopefully that means the AU forum will be reopening next week too though.

Zorine, mjc, Nintendo_Man & Maverick_John ^ Time to do your magic!!! By your powers combine, get AU board back :) :p

@mjc my bro in law also bought one today..he'd ask me to bring some games for him. :P

By our powers combined, we make Captain Plan! Yes, Plan, because we're kinda short a member to make up the full planeteer squadron.

But seriously, stay active in this thread.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Chickan_117

Loving the new sig Zorine :)

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Chamboosy
Member since 2009 • 4309 Posts

Best sig around by far. :)

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Chickan_117

Thanks for the competition prize Zorine/Gamespot. I'm off work but swung by the office today to pick it up. Loving my new bird/plane/jet thing. With my SR4 super powers I feel that, if someone says

"It's a bird"

"It's a plane"

"No, it's superman"

then they shall ALL be correct!

... I still think the second person's response should have been "so what?! There are loads of fucking birds! Get ovcer it!"

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Chamboosy

I forgot that it was for the PC so I will have to see how well it runs on my little laptop here.

Chambers - hope your little dogs ok. Seizures in dogs usually aren't anything major to worry about unless it happens often. We tend to use phenomav (phenobarbitone) in dogs for seizures. Works well enough.

Bayloski - be careful of owls in the daytime. They can't see you for shit of course, but if you try and pick it up it'll rip into your arm like you wouldn't believe. Unless you've done that already and this is your picture...

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Chamboosy

Quite liked this gif.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Nintendo_Man

That is many online games on consoles, very happy that all games will have dedicated servers on XB1.

I was playing online with deathjestar on the 360 for Prey and that was me running and getting stuck to things

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By OmitName

@Nintendo_Man: try this for your image.

View Full Size Image

if that still doesnt animate correctly try this one.

@Chickan_117 excellent avatar choice sir.

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By 36Chambers93

@Chamboosy said:

Chambers - hope your little dogs ok. Seizures in dogs usually aren't anything major to worry about unless it happens often. We tend to use phenomav (phenobarbitone) in dogs for seizures. Works well enough.

He has them probably once every 4 months or so, they are obviously the seizures he has in front of me. He is likely to have some when I am not home.

My biggest concerns about putting him on meds is 1 that is personality changes and he becomes all emo and the 2nd concern is that would their be in any possible side effects from the medication to worry about.

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By 36Chambers93

@mystic_knight

Being the Korean Arab that you are, I wanted to know if you eat Halawa.

I bought some from my local Afghan grocery and its sooooooo delicious. I got the plain flavour but now want to get chocolate and the nut versions as well. Best food discovery of 2013 for me.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 mystic_knight

I don't eat sweets bro. i havent eaten it in ages :P

But when i did use to eat it, i used to mix it with Banana and eat it with leb bread.. it was awesome!

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 36Chambers93

Its quite healthy for a sweet snack though. I did my research on it of course, other than being quite high in sugar content though its not artificial sugars. It keeps you feeling full over a long time with small portions.

Ive also been eating it with bread. Im also rocking tahini as well. Sooooo much better than peanut butter as a spread on bread and of course I am using it to make my own Hummus.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By mystic_knight

Tahini will make your mucous membranes dry up.. just be careful.

Hommous is awesome, havent had it in ages, probably 5 months or more.

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By 36Chambers93

I was buying so much hummus I decided it was more cost effective just to make my own and it tastes better as well. Every day I am dipping either celery, carrots or leb cucumber into hummus, its my jam.

lol mucous membranes, does that mean ill have less snot?

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By 36Chambers93

So why do fat chicks always wear way too much perfume. Is it a luring system in an attempt to use it against men, similar to releasing pheromones or is it that fat chicks stink and they need to cover up the likeliness that they sweat when walking 20 metres.

jamesh-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By jamesh-42
@Nintendo_Man said:

That is many online games on consoles, very happy that all games will have dedicated servers on XB1.

I'm still not sure what Microsoft means by this. All it seems to mean is (a) they have cloud computing infrastructure (Azure), and (b) they've got an SDK to help people write services running on that platform. Given that developers are already making use of cloud infrastructure (e.g. Amazon, Google, Rackspace, or even Microsoft's Azure), it isn't clear how this is different to the status quo.

Unless they decide not to charge developers for use of the infrastructure, it seems to be marketing without substance. And I'd be quite surprised if they didn't charge developers, otherwise there would be no pressure on them to make efficient use of those resources.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

What do you guys think about the Watchdogs delay? I know it was one of the launch titles that was fuelling desire for an Xbox One or PS4. Are you one of these, and will you now delay your purchase of a next-gen console?

jamesh-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By jamesh-42

I wasn't planning on getting the current-gen version of the game, and haven't ordered a next-gen console for launch, so it doesn't bother me too much. If it ends up being a better game by the time I actually play it, then I'll be happy.

bayloski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By bayloski

@Chamboosy: Nah man it was at night. Well 7:15 so it was already dark because we're too stupid to have daylight savings over here.

@mjc: I wasn't intending on getting it either but it did cause me to frown at the fact that a huge launch title for both systems had been pushed back. I'm really uncertain if I'll go through with my PS4 pre-order at the moment anyway. I find I haven't even played the PS3 for at least a month and don't know if buying the system is really worth it at the moment.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Chamboosy

Fun story about raptors. There was a girl my boss used to work with who was really quite sweet. They didn't really see birds - especially birds of prey - very often. Anyhow, an eagle had come in to have some surgery done. They had anaesthetised the eagle and were busy working away on it. As the bird was waking up it went to grab the vet - who would have easily moved out of the way - and the nurse went to grab the eagles claw to stop it from grabbing the vet - instinct really. Unfortunately for her the eagle ended up grabbing her and managed to pierce her right through her radius and ulna. Fortunately not breaking anything. Needless to say she wasn't a vet nurse for much longer.

I'm not interested in Watch Dogs all that much. I'm sure it'll be good, but I think the sequel will be much better when they won't have to pander to current gen technology.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By mystic_knight

It was the only thing besides FIFA 14 i wanted on my new consoles.. was gonna get it on PS4 and was happy with FIFA 14 that is bundled with my xbox

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By mystic_knight

Hope no one here is affected by the fire. Good luck to everyone.. These fires are quite scary :(

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Chickan_117

Speaking of next gen consoles and games, EB Games have extended their Forza 5 offer. If you pre order an Xbox One with them you could pay an extra $199 and get an extra day one controller, day one 12 mth Xbox live gold subscription (not sure what makes it "day one") and a copy of Forza 5.

Anyway they've extended it a little and, if you wanted the limited edition version of Forza 5 instead of the Day One version you can get it for $209 instead of $199.

As it's one of the only launch titles I'm looking forward to that was a no brainer in my instance :)

In other news this will be $269 at EB (bundled with the new Zelda)

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By mystic_knight

Chickan the day one edition of xbox live gives you another character for killer instinct i believe.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Chickan_117

So that means you get 3 without additional purchase? Lol

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Has anyone been offered an upgrade yet to a PS4 bundle? I guess we can count out the Watch Dogs pack. Dick Smith seems to be the only one with the Killzone bundle advertised for $700 but it says it's released on December 24th.

Probably wouldn't hurt to wait that bit longer cos it's not like there are any games worth buying at launch, or none that I am overly interested in anyway.

At least I will have Forza ;)

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Read the first post in the thread dopey, and then take your foot out of your mouth ;)

Fanks.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Nintendo_Man

@Chickan_117: They already had the limited edition available for $10 extra when I first told you about it :p

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Chamboosy

I haven't heard anything from JB's about it. It's almost a month until it comes out and they aren't advertising the PS4 in their catalogue anymore (yet are still advertising the XBone for preorder) so I wonder if JB's will even have bundles. Maybe, maybe not.There aren't any bundles up on EBGames either.

I think I'll be buying Battlefield 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall day one. Battlefield 4 because it's Battlefield, Killzone because it's the only game that I'm interested that's exclusive to the PS4. Knack looks like a bunch of fun but I have a feeling that'll be part of PSPlus fairly quickly.

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By 36Chambers93

Windows 8.1 installed.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Nintendo_Man

@OmitName said:

@Nintendo_Man: try this for your image.

if that still doesnt animate correctly try this one.

@Chickan_117 excellent avatar choice sir.

Thanks for that, it works!

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Chickan_117

@OmitName - Just saw your avatar post. Thanks :) I love beamo. Not as much as LSP but I don't really want a chick as my avatar... that's just creepy and weird ;)

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Don't think I've been to Australia