AU Discussion Thread (Australian Users)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1501  Edited By mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

@Chamboosy said:

There is the XCOM addition as well.

Ahh yeah, Enemy Within. I pre-ordered and forgot all about it! Another one for the holiday play list.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1502 Chamboosy
Member since 2009 • 4309 Posts

Going from the PS4 controller back to the PS3 controller I'm amazed at how different they are and how much better the PS4 controller is. I don't like the grooves on the PS4 controller all that much, just doesn't feel right. But the triggers feel good and the weight of it feels really nice compared to the PS3 controller.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#1503 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

I feel the same way about Xbox One to Xbox 360 controllers

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1504 Chamboosy

I didn't like the 360 controller at all. I think I'm alone in that case. The thumbsticks felt too misplaced.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1505  Edited By Chamboosy

I feel like being an arsehole today. I want to go to McDonald's stores and just flip over peoples trays as they walk to take their trays to sit down.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1506 Chickan_117

@Chamboosy said:

I didn't like the 360 controller at all. I think I'm alone in that case. The thumbsticks felt too misplaced.

You serious?! Head over to system wars and check out one of the many PS3 vs X360 controller threads. Lol. There are plenty of people on both sides of the argument.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1507 Chamboosy

@Chickan_117 said:

@Chamboosy said:

You serious?! Head over to system wars and check out one of the many PS3 vs X360 controller threads. Lol. There are plenty of people on both sides of the argument.

Yep. I never liked the way the thumbsticks were. I'm also sure it's just my console - the Star Wars one - but dammit those triggers were SQUEAKY. Maybe they were going for a C-3PO in Empire Strikes Back mode when he's in pieces and on Chewies back, but hey, there were five other films in that series, choose one where he's in one piece.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1508 Chickan_117

Awww... so close to 100% on Forza 3. Hate how they have "purchasing DLC" as a quantifier. In Forza 5 there's "purchasing DLC" AND "purchasing tokens"

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1509 Chamboosy

I'm one trophy away from getting the platinum on Rayman Legends. It's the last level of awesomeness. I get at least ten points a day by doing the daily challenges. At this rate, I will have my platinum in 24 weeks. Yay.

bayloski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1510 bayloski
Member since 2010 • 2707 Posts

@Chickan_117

I weighed myself this morning and since I started being crook, managed to drop 3 kgs. Roughly 90kgs. Not bad for 10 days of little to no exercise too. Having said that feeling like shit all the time is starting to piss me off.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1511 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

@Chamboosy said:

Get OUT!!!!!!!!!!

The 360 is still the best controller to date, the Xbox one controller is worse in every way. I wish i can still use my 360 controller.

The ps4 controller is nice, i have a controller with no console lol

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1512 Chamboosy

You can use your PS4 controller on the PC you know?

The 360 controller is tosh mystic. TOSH! Yep. Best controller of all time? SNES. By far. Ergonomic, looks brilliant, just the right amount of buttons. Superb.

My other complaint about the PS4 controller is the touch pad feels flimsy.

Just booked my wife and I in at two different Michelin star restaurants in NYC. Eleven Madison Park (three Michelin stars) and The Public (one Michelin star). Needless to say, I'm fucking excited about this. Foie gras? Yes please.

jamesh-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1513 jamesh-42
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

Wouldn't you prefer to both go to the same restaurant though?

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1514 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

I think he meant that they are both going together to the same 2 restaurants.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1515 mjc  Moderator

@Chamboosy said:

My other complaint about the PS4 controller is the touch pad feels flimsy.

Did you know the touch pad is one big clickable button? That's why it wobbles a little.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1516  Edited By Chamboosy

@jamesh-42 said:

Good one James. :) How did you do with Movember this year?

Mjc - yeah, I know it's a big button, and I think that's what makes it feel flimsy. I'm glad they came out with the coloured ones straight away as well. I'll be buying a red and blue one soon.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1517 mjc  Moderator

Watch a dude stuck in a tent become an angry dude stuck in a tent.

Loading Video...

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1518  Edited By Chickan_117

Mistake Knight inspired me so I grabbed one of these. Bloody powerful and corners like crap but great for courses like Silverstone :) I can actually keep up with guys now and not have to rely on cornering prowess

@bayloski said:

@Chickan_117

I weighed myself this morning and since I started being crook, managed to drop 3 kgs. Roughly 90kgs. Not bad for 10 days of little to no exercise too. Having said that feeling like shit all the time is starting to piss me off.

Still... result! :D

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1519  Edited By mystic_knight

@Chickan_117 said:

Mistake Knight inspired me so I grabbed one of these. Bloody powerful and corners like crap but great for courses like Silverstone :) I can actually keep up with guys now and not have to rely on cornering prowess

@bayloski said:

@Chickan_117

Still... result! :D

Wrong car LOL, the SRT is the nicer of the two cars. The SRT is located under the Dodge branding not the Viper branding. I bought all three viper cars in the game, the racing GTS-R one, the srt and the gts, the one you bought is actually the worst of the three, but its the fastest

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1520 36Chambers93
Member since 2012 • 261 Posts

Ferrari 458 > Dodge Viper

RE6 is racist, the zombies are Asian.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1521  Edited By Chickan_117

Well then you're racist coz you're the white boy running around checking out West African tail whilst killing Asians!

Don't forget you are in Africa so it's kinda to be expected that most of the baddies will be African :)

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1522 36Chambers93

@Chickan_117 said:

Well then you're racist coz you're the white boy running around checking out West African tail whilst killing Asians!

Don't forget you are in Africa so it's kinda to be expected that most of the baddies will be African :)

I always choose female characters

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1523 Nintendo_Man

You guys should get the Aerial Atom, very light and strange looking car (plus one of the championships is just for that car).

For some reason the half price for the cars is still up so use all your cash soon.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1524 mystic_knight

@Nintendo_Man said:

You guys should get the Aerial Atom, very light and strange looking car (plus one of the championships is just for that car).

For some reason the half price for the cars is still up so use all your cash soon.

I already bought it as well as the KTM

jamesh-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1525  Edited By jamesh-42
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts
@Chamboosy said:

@jamesh-42 said:

Good one James. :) How did you do with Movember this year?

The moustache came out okay, but I sucked at the fundraising bit. I'm going to keep the mo for the week, since I'm in London and it gets a bit chilly outside.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1526  Edited By Chickan_117

To all playing Forza: did anyone get their Lotus E21?

2) If you are a Forza Motorsport 5 VIP member, you’ll receive the 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car as a thank you. (Note: You must own Forza Motorsport 5 VIP membership to take advantage of this offer.) In addition to being one of the most radical and expensive cars in FM5, the E21 is also one of the quickest. For more on the E21, check out its entry on the Forza Motorsport 5 Cars page. This gift may take up to 24 hours or longer to be fulfilled in the game and, in order to receive your gift, you will need to back out to the main title screen with the orange McLaren P1 and then press “A” to log back in.

@36Chambers93 said:

@Chickan_117 said:

I always choose female characters

In that case you're an African kiling Africans so I suppose that's not racist... except that you are a white guy playing an African killing Africans so my initial thingy still applies

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1527 mystic_knight

@Chickan_117 said:

To all playing Forza: did anyone get their Lotus E21?

2) If you are a Forza Motorsport 5 VIP member, you’ll receive the 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car as a thank you. (Note: You must own Forza Motorsport 5 VIP membership to take advantage of this offer.) In addition to being one of the most radical and expensive cars in FM5, the E21 is also one of the quickest. For more on the E21, check out its entry on the Forza Motorsport 5 Cars page. This gift may take up to 24 hours or longer to be fulfilled in the game and, in order to receive your gift, you will need to back out to the main title screen with the orange McLaren P1 and then press “A” to log back in.

Nah but i dont have the LE of Forza , so i was never going to get it. My dream cars i have already ^_^ Yay for Vipers... btw Viper SRT > F458

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1528 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

workplace rant

typical asian boss..so we have a $3000+ system to get out its been here since 2 weeks ago. Waiting for parts..all the parts that arrive have been install & I have been telling the boss to get them in for the past 2wks - he said he'll handled it...so today, Im guessing client is chasing up...so he panicked..rambling about how I should get the system up & ready..???..not to mention Im already handling 6 other systems to be repair...he's saying oh this 3k + system. we're losing money on it??? ....bla bla bla...in my mind :wtf?..I asked him did you get the parts in HDDs needs like 23 of them etc etc??..he's like Oh we don't have it yet...me: ??..HDD just for the OS??...Boss: oh I have that I was just bla bla bla using it to back up something on another system?....Me: why didn't you give it to me? Boss: oh I was busy - bullshit!! ...Im not in the weekend, he's suppose to do work in the weekend but didn't .. >_<

zorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1529 zorine
Member since 2005 • 2330 Posts

@Chamboosy said:

Nope, not alone.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1530  Edited By mystic_knight

@Zorine said:

@Chamboosy said:

Nope, not alone.

You too get out :P weirdos ;P

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1531 Nintendo_Man

I got the Lotus on the day they announced it.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1532 Nintendo_Man

PS4 sells 250,000 in the UK first 2 days (XB1 did 150,000). In comparison the Wii U has sold 150,000 in 1 year.

Black Friday sales in the US, Wii U made up 6% of console sales (that is even half of the PS3 and 5 times less than the 360).

Nintendo have got to get rid of Iwata before their console business is wiped out and they only have the handheld. The fact that they are throwing their resources into the 3DS suggests they know the Wii U will end up selling around the Gamecube. It also falls into my prediction of them holding off releasing a new console until Q4 2016. Quite astonishing how Iwata can tell his shareholders the Wii U will sell 8.5m in 6 months when it sold 460,000 in the previous 6 months.

With their next console they have to attack MS and Sony head on and forget about a fancy controller and stick to a normal controller. But sadly I think they have done too much damage with 3rd parties and I cannot see how they can turn it around.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1533 Chamboosy

@Zorine said:

@Chamboosy said:

Nope, not alone.

Yaaay. Did you like the PS3 controller though?

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1534 Chickan_117

Been a while since the last picture of a car so here's one for Chambers

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1535  Edited By Nintendo_Man

Big W has XB1 games and GT6 for PS3 for $68 from Thursday.

But they big news is they are have 50% of ALL Blu-Ray (No Exceptions) this Saturday ONLY.

bayloski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1536 bayloski

@Nintendo_Man: Thanks for the heads up on the Blu-Rays.

I might be uber-geeky and try and get the Star Trek collection....

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1537 Chamboosy

Oooh, that Bluray deal sounds really good. I might finally get the Fast and Furious films on Bluray now. Not a bad deal to be honest.

bayloski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1538 bayloski

@Chamboosy said:

Oooh, that Bluray deal sounds really good. I might finally get the Fast and Furious films on Bluray now. Not a bad deal to be honest.

The Bond collection would be a reasonable $110. Breaking Bad Complete for $75. Dunno if they have the Fast & Furious boxset.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1539 Chamboosy

@Nintendo_Man said:

PS4 sells 250,000 in the UK first 2 days (XB1 did 150,000). In comparison the Wii U has sold 150,000 in 1 year.

Black Friday sales in the US, Wii U made up 6% of console sales (that is even half of the PS3 and 5 times less than the 360).

Nintendo have got to get rid of Iwata before their console business is wiped out and they only have the handheld. The fact that they are throwing their resources into the 3DS suggests they know the Wii U will end up selling around the Gamecube. It also falls into my prediction of them holding off releasing a new console until Q4 2016. Quite astonishing how Iwata can tell his shareholders the Wii U will sell 8.5m in 6 months when it sold 460,000 in the previous 6 months.

With their next console they have to attack MS and Sony head on and forget about a fancy controller and stick to a normal controller. But sadly I think they have done too much damage with 3rd parties and I cannot see how they can turn it around.

I've said it before, I'll say it again... If Nintendo farmed out one of their own IP's - just one - and allow someone else to make it and have it multiplatform, imagine the money they'd make? Ok, sure, not Mario or Zelda, but Metroid or Kid Icarus? Or, for arguments sake, have Playstation Allstars Battle Royale VS Super Smash Bros. (ok, that would NEVER happen, but it'd sell for sure).

I do agree though that they need to get rid of Iwata. I like the guy, he's funny, but the innovations just aren't working. I fear for Nintendo - I still want them to be around and I'm really looking forward to buying my Wii U when that eventually happens. And maybe a 3DS (although I'll probably go with a 2DS) simply to play the games on the Nintendo Store. I just want them to be a contender again.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1540 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Anyone here watching The Blacklist?...its quite good, Im enjoying it. :)

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1541  Edited By mjc  Moderator
@mjc said:

I'll know in a week or two if we're moving to Sydney or Brisbane.

It looks like Sydney is the winner. I'll be looking for a place close to work in North Ryde. Are there any locals who know what the area is like?

bayloski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1542 bayloski
@mjc said:
@mjc said:

It looks like Sydney is the winner. I'll be looking for a place close to work in North Ryde. Are there any locals who know what the area is like?

If you move next door to Smoothee I probably wouldn't be able to stop laughing for days.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1543 Chickan_117

Cool game of gears tonight. Finished off the campaggin... what a horrible fucking storyline that was! Gameplay kicked ass though... although stupid game kept telling me to pick up a cleaver for an entire level and, after we finished, my console RROD'd. Oh well, I still have one left with which to finish off my shame pile. Hold in there little buddy!

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1544 Chickan_117

@mjc said:

Congratu lucking fations :)

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1545 Chamboosy

Glad Sydney won out.

So you don't have a 360 anymore Chickan?

Tomorrow we'll be doing our game of the years on the DAFAP podcast. I won't spoil what mine is just yet (I've still gotta write up my top five games of the year) (it's also not Rayman Legends). Just saw that on Good Game The Last of Us won their Game of the Year (yeah, whatever...) What are people on here's Game of the Year's? (Good English there.)

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1546  Edited By 36Chambers93

@mjc said:
@mjc said:

Yes, its where I grew up, well West Ryde technically. North Ryde is better than West Ryde though. North Ryde is not uber snobby rich but certainly is of higher standards than most Sydney suburbs.

Ryde is the 3rd oldest council in Australia so you will find a lot of heritage listed homes and land. However there are plenty of modern homes as well. Its a leafy middle class area and roughly 15km from the Sydney CBD and you can hop on the M2 motorway by bus or drive obviously, recently a train line was put in the area to also get you to the city.

It has a large shopping centre Macquarie Centre and uni Macquarie Uni, cant forget the golf course plus plenty of business areas as well. In Ryde you also have a hospital and in Top Ryde you get another shopping centre and is a major transport hub for buses that also gets you to the Sydney CBD.

If you want to save some money for a slightly lesser suburb in the council, look at Marsfield or Macquarie Park. If you want a more expensive area to live in Ryde which is slightly better & East Ryde which is very expensive. Gladesville is another suburb you may want to consider.

I know the area very well, like I said I grew up in Ryde and also worked in the area when I worked at Pizza Hut, I covered the entire council. I can nail it down to a street more or a less and tell you if its a good area or not. I can even tell you what nationalities will live in each suburb depending on what your preferences are.

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1547 36Chambers93

@bayloski said:
@mjc said:
@mjc said:

If you move next door to Smoothee I probably wouldn't be able to stop laughing for days.

lol he is.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1548 mjc  Moderator

@36Chambers93 said:

@mjc said:
@mjc said:

Yes, its where I grew up, well West Ryde technically. North Ryde is better than West Ryde though. North Ryde is not uber snobby rich but certainly is of higher standards than most Sydney suburbs.

Ryde is the 3rd oldest council in Australia so you will find a lot of heritage listed homes and land. However there are plenty of modern homes as well. Its a leafy middle class area and roughly 15km from the Sydney CBD and you can hop on the M2 motorway by bus or drive obviously, recently a train line was put in the area to also get you to the city.

It has a large shopping centre Macquarie Centre and uni Macquarie Uni, cant forget the golf course plus plenty of business areas as well. In Ryde you also have a hospital and in Top Ryde you get another shopping centre and is a major transport hub for buses that also gets you to the Sydney CBD.

If you want to save some money for a slightly lesser suburb in the council, look at Marsfield or Macquarie Park. If you want a more expensive area to live in Ryde which is slightly better & East Ryde which is very expensive. Gladesville is another suburb you may want to consider.

I know the area very well, like I said I grew up in Ryde and also worked in the area when I worked at Pizza Hut, I covered the entire council. I can nail it down to a street more or a less and tell you if its a good area or not. I can even tell you what nationalities will live in each suburb depending on what your preferences are.

Thanks for the info. I'll be working at the uni, so I'll probably try to stay as close as possible to reduce the commute. I'll start poking around real estate sites soon and post some ideas to see if you and anyone else is familiar with the areas.

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1549 36Chambers93

@mjc said:

@36Chambers93 said:

@mjc said:
@mjc said:

Thanks for the info. I'll be working at the uni, so I'll probably try to stay as close as possible to reduce the commute. I'll start poking around real estate sites soon and post some ideas to see if you and anyone else is familiar with the areas.

Are you looking to buy or rent? It makes a difference in suburb selection. Also Sydney is expensive and expect property to be around 750k plus for an old 60s/70s 3 bedroom brick home with a bit of land.

Also be honest and tell me what you like in your area ie location/shops/transport/schools etc, cause I can tell you the subtle differences between the neighbouring suburbs that isnt advertised by real estate. Some suburbs you may want to learn a second language to get by for example.

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1550 36Chambers93

@Chickan_117 said:

Been a while since the last picture of a car so here's one for Chambers

Much more sexier than a Viper. This car makes one look like a rich playboy, while the Viper looks like you are overly compensating for lack of size. @mystic_knight I welcome your comeback.

@Chickan_117 said:

Cool game of gears tonight. Finished off the campaggin... what a horrible fucking storyline that was! Gameplay kicked ass though... although stupid game kept telling me to pick up a cleaver for an entire level and, after we finished, my console RROD'd. Oh well, I still have one left with which to finish off my shame pile. Hold in there little buddy!

Wanted to say thanks to the guys for playing over the weeks. @Nintendo_Man & @deathjestar for playing the campaign all over again and being our vets. Chickan for being a noob with me and actually getting the game after our earlier talk about this months a go.

I would love to find another game we can all settle with and get more co op action.