AU Discussion Thread (Australian Users)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by AndyTheGamer19 (7 posts) -

Just brought the Nexus 7 2013 yesterday I am very impressed with it so far

#102 Posted by Iszdope (9749 posts) -
#103 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Lol at some of the names under avatars

mystic_knig ht

Nintendo_M an

superbuuma n

36Chamber s93

Glad mine still fits. (insert smiley emoticon)

Does it?

#104 Edited by AndyTheGamer19 (7 posts) -
#105 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@AndyTheGamer19: To where did you bring it?

Sorry what do you mean?

He is just playing with you, you said 'brought' instead of 'bought'

When you 'brought' something it means you are bringing it along with you (past tense)

#106 Posted by Iszdope (9749 posts) -
#107 Posted by AndyTheGamer19 (7 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@AndyTheGamer19 said:

@Iszdope said:

Sorry what do you mean?

You *brought* it yesterday. To where did you bring it?

*bought*

Sorry about that I didn't know I misspelled it my cat is also attacking the keyboard as well at the moment. I got it yesterday at jb hi fi

#108 Posted by Iszdope (9749 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@AndyTheGamer19 said:

@Iszdope said:

Sorry what do you mean?

You *brought* it yesterday. To where did you bring it?

*bought*

Sorry about that I didn't know I misspelled it my cat is also attacking the keyboard as well at the moment. I got it yesterday at jb hi fi

I love cats.

#109 Posted by Serial_Killa (0 posts) -

@Serial_Killa said:

Lol at some of the names under avatars

mystic_knig ht

Nintendo_M an

superbuuma n

36Chamber s93

Glad mine still fits. (insert smiley emoticon)

Does it?

It fits on my screen so I thought it was ok.

#110 Posted by Serial_Killa (0 posts) -

See!!!!!!

#111 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Brought as in bring

Bought as in buy

Funny the things you remember from school :)

#112 Edited by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

Australian accents are ok except when you're overseas - especially in America - and hear an Australian drunk and being obnoxious. Or rather, anywhere that doesn't speak English. Drunk in Germany and hearing Australians go 'get another one in ya ya c***' at the top of their lungs is aggravating.

Sad times - I'm not longer featured in Zorine's signature. It was good whilst it lasted.

Toilet - I have a toilet to let.

Mystic - you've cut the head off your girl. I have no backgrounds. How do I get a background? I just want pictures of myself staring back at me.

#113 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -
#114 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@Chamboosy: I have a chrome plugin allowing html alterations to appear from my end. Gamespot don't allow changes of backgrounds. and her head is missing because i cropped the photo

#115 Edited by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

She must have a pretty bad looking head if you cropped it off.

#116 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@Chamboosy: >_< hey!!!

its the same girl that is in my avatar. and the one in my latest blog etc.

#117 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -
#118 Edited by Zorine (1328 posts) -
@Chamboosy said:

Sad times - I'm not longer featured in Zorine's signature. It was good whilst it lasted.

*Rafiki voice*

Look.. harder.

Also, everyone's names show up fine over here. I'm using firefox though, if that's got anything to do with it.

#119 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@Zorine said:

Also, everyone's names show up fine over here. I'm using firefox though, if that's got anything to do with it.

They just patched it literally around an hour ago

#120 Posted by mjc (12631 posts) -

@Zorine said:

Who are you and what are you doing with Mystic's avatar?

#121 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@mjc said:

@maverick_john said:

@Zorine said:

Who are you and what are you doing with Mystic's avatar?

He was tortured and slowly sent off to the Netherrealm in the most cruelest way imaginable. Whoever tries to take my girl shall follow the same path. That avatar is mine and mine alone.

#122 Posted by Serial_Killa (0 posts) -

So can anyone change their username or is mystic just special?

#123 Posted by bayloski (2707 posts) -

Mystics such a nice guy he can get whatever he wants.....

In bad guy news some rude bitch parked her car in our work car park (private property) and refused to move. Not only that she was incredibly rude and mouthy. She now has a school bus boxing her in for the remainder of the day. Shit happens ya mole!!!

#124 Edited by superbuuman (2705 posts) -

I don't like Maverick_John, he sounds too violent...me want Mystic_Knight back. :P

Zorine your sig ain't showing. :P

#125 Edited by bayloski (2707 posts) -

Zorine your sig ain't showing. :P

I concur

#126 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

So can anyone change their username or is mystic just special?

I thought the general rules were that if you'd based your user name on your real name they'd let you change it. For example, if your real name was John, and your user name was "Maverick_John", they'd let you change it to "mystic_knight".

#127 Edited by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

No pet threads no more so ill post them here.

Me and doggie chilling on my sun bed over the weekend.

#128 Edited by Nintendo_Man (19629 posts) -

Can anyone see my avatar because I still only see a white empty space, same with all images I upload? Yet when I go to settings I can see them properly (I also can see my profile pic).

#129 Posted by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

Can anyone see my avatar because I still only see a white empty space, same with all images I upload? Yet when I go to settings I can see them properly (I also can see my profile pic).

White space

#130 Edited by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

I only see white too. Perhaps that is the first frame of the animation @mjc made, and the code they use to scale avatar images down to 80x80 doesn't handle animated GIFs (and seems to be run whether or not the original image was 80x80). Have you seen anyone else with animated avatars since the site transition?

(not that I'd complain about less useless animation in the forums).

#131 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@jamesh-42: :O OMG the flip just occurred then... Sorcery!

@superbuuman: T_T Im sorry, i really didn't kill him Mystic is in my heart!

@Serial_Killa: Its not a site wide feature. I was lucky ^_^ it was gifted to me for being a cool guy.

#132 Posted by Serial_Killa (0 posts) -

@jamesh-42: Ya a couple of jabronis in system wars have animated gifs, so done it can be.

#133 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Animated gifs were meant to be disabled for sigs and avatars in the upgrade. My sig still appears animated for me though so maybe it was just avatars that were affected.

@36Chambers93 - Happy looking pooch :)

#134 Posted by mjc (12631 posts) -

@jamesh-42: Ya a couple of jabronis in system wars have animated gifs, so done it can be.

I've seen a few as well. Also, the first frame of the gif should display the magikoopa.

N_Man, all the copies you've uploaded to your images section seem to be glitched. I managed to get a working one in my images, but I can't think of a way you can link to it.

#135 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

It definitely seems to be a site problem. Here's the image you get if you click on it in N_Man's image gallery:

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/112/1125197/2322033-1223951812-v4rPB.gif

And here is the image used as a preview of that image in the gallery:

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/square_medium/112/1125197/2322033-1223951812-v4rPB.gif

And here is the image used as the avatar in the forums:

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/square_avatar/112/1125197/2322033-1223951812-v4rPB.gif

As you can see, the original upload is fine, but all the images derived from it are broken. Interestingly enough, the broken avatar image is animated, but every frame is solid white :-)

#136 Edited by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
#137 Posted by Serial_Killa (0 posts) -

Animated gifs were meant to be disabled for sigs and avatars in the upgrade. My sig still appears animated for me though so maybe it was just avatars that were affected.

I think animated gifs are allowed for avatars but not as sigs, cos they are too big. And do you realize that no-one else can see your sig except you, unless it is just text? Not really sure what the point of them is if no-one else can see them though.

I miss seeing all the images and gamercards, gives the site and it's users some character. ATM we are all just drones.

#138 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19629 posts) -

That is right.

#139 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

You can turn sigs back on in your profile setting though right? Mine was defaulted to "off" so I had to turn it back on.

#140 Posted by Serial_Killa (0 posts) -

@Chickan_117: But you can only see someones sig if it is text like mine which I presume you can see. I also have a large cemetary pic which I don't think you or anyone but me can see, regardless if you have sigs turned on or off. I have sigs turned on yet I see nothing when you post except your actual comment.

#141 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19629 posts) -

I can see the text but the pic doesn't work, just a small error square.

#142 Posted by elektrixx (2569 posts) -

Everyone crack out some new sigs for the new generation.

#143 Posted by mjc (12631 posts) -

But the next gen on hold, it's 2DS time!

#144 Edited by Nintendo_Man (19629 posts) -

Damn, that looks ugly.

#145 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

It looks like the sports forum people complained loudly enough to get their forum reopened ahead of the migration of the old threads that will apparently be happening next week. I guess we were all too polite to get the same treatment w.r.t. the AU forum.

Hopefully that means the AU forum will be reopening next week too though.

#146 Posted by sukraj (22296 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

Sleepin' wif da fishes.

fish n chips

#147 Edited by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

@jamesh-42 said:

It looks like the sports forum people complained loudly enough to get their forum reopened ahead of the migration of the old threads that will apparently be happening next week. I guess we were all too polite to get the same treatment w.r.t. the AU forum.

Hopefully that means the AU forum will be reopening next week too though.

I complain often but Zorine called me too negative. Ive noticed the videos load now with adblock still loaded. People power still achieves its goals and there is nothing wrong whatsoever with constructive criticism, especially when removing all the unions and local threads made absolute no sense.

I still want mods to go, completely unnecessary on forums, especially when its a done inconsistently. I found that I am not the only one who thinks this way.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/is-feedbackula-no-longer-needed-30845400/#22

Feedbackula was the ultimate form of staff trolling. It almost felt that staff wanted these comments so they can use them for its show and take the piss out of them subtly. Now because of the GTA5 scenario the more relaxed rules have gone full circle again being overly strict when in fact the users had every right to complain and say their part. I do appreciate some of the users posts that I read went overboard.

In case anyone is wondering what the hell do they have to do with each other, well I consider mods as staff who just dont get paid and dont actually provide any valuable service.

This site has plenty of improvements to be made and I make no apologies for having high expectations with my preferred gaming site. Users make up the numbers and we are the whole reason the site functions and to completely disrespect us as I have felt has happened in the past with dodgy moderations with no weight behind them, still irks me to this day.

#148 Edited by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

What does everyone think of the new site? Initial teething problems aside I'm finding it a great improvement on the old. Feels like it's own thing now rather than a cobbled together thing constantly being patched.

Hope we get our sigs back though. Can't see the point in having an option to see sigs if it means I can only see my own. I wanna see yours too :(

When the AU forum comes back is it a proper migration? I.e. do all our old threads come back too as I'd hate to lose some of the stuff like the Unfinished Game Challenge history and stuff.

#149 Edited by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Holy hell this game is GLORIOUS! Why didn't I play it sooner?!

#150 Posted by mjc (12631 posts) -

Holy hell this game is GLORIOUS! Why didn't I play it sooner?!

What's with the B style rank? I'd expect you to be SSSensational!