AU Discussion Thread (Australian Users)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

I came back from my holiday last month about 5 kg lighter thanks to a gastro infection. Luckily it didn't strike until the last day, so I was still able to enjoy most of the trip.

See now that's the way to do it! :)

#52 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Yay!!! MJ is back!!!!

#53 Edited by mjc (12627 posts) -

Yay!!! MJ is back!!!!

Thanks for your help getting it fixed so quickly :)

#54 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

@jamesh-42 said:

I came back from my holiday last month about 5 kg lighter thanks to a gastro infection. Luckily it didn't strike until the last day, so I was still able to enjoy most of the trip.

See now that's the way to do it! :)

In retrospect, perhaps it seems that way. At the time, when I was emptying out my digestive tract from both ends simultaneously it didn't seem so great.

#55 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Man this ultraviolet region coding is annoying... why would they region block your movies!

#57 Edited by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

I was on holiday... putting on 7kgs despite constant hiking, swimming, kyaking and jet skiing.

Ummm says the guy holding the beer, what did you expect lol

#58 Posted by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

He was just holding the beer whilst his Nan played with the kids in the pool. She likes her Corona's.

#59 Posted by mjc (12627 posts) -

Man this ultraviolet region coding is annoying... why would they region block your movies!

I didn't mind that some were on iTunes and others on Google Play, but now there's a third service and it's region restricted...pfft.

#60 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@mjc: I bought snow white and the huntsman from the UK and i can not activate my ultraviolet code :( i just want to watch that movie on my portable devices...

#61 Posted by blangenakker (2072 posts) -

Didn't know a AU Discussion Thread even existed. So um, hello

#62 Posted by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

@mjc: I bought snow white and the huntsman from the UK and i can not activate my ultraviolet code :( i just want to watch that movie on my portable devices...

Your first problem is you bought Snow White and the Hunstman...

#63 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@mystic_knight said:

Its not that bad, despite kristen stewarts poor acting, its a fairly enjoyable film.

#64 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Hello there and welcome :)

#65 Edited by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

@mystic_knight said:

@Chamboosy said:

@mystic_knight said:

Its not that bad, despite kristen stewarts poor acting, its a fairly enjoyable film.

You got it right. I am man crushing on Hemsworth.

Also that milk that Theron rises from, it was gorgeous.

#66 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Chris surprised me honestly. He shows he has what it takes to be a top rated actor. I believe he will be the new age Brad Pitt. (Fame wise) Chris just acts better :P

LOL that milk scene was pretty cool, also my brother in law raised a good point, its the first time ever where we can recall the villain witch being better looking than the princess/heroine

#67 Edited by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

Chris surprised me honestly. He shows he has what it takes to be a top rated actor. I believe he will be the new age Brad Pitt. (Fame wise) Chris just acts better :P

LOL that milk scene was pretty cool, also my brother in law raised a good point, its the first time ever where we can recall the villain witch being better looking than the princess/heroine

Hemsworth is better looking than Stewart

#68 Edited by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

@Chamboosy said:

He was just holding the beer whilst his Nan played with the kids in the pool. She likes her Corona's.

It was a breather from her constant stream of cocktails. Man oh man Nonnie sure likes slamming down the cocktails! :)

I actually consumed a grand total of zero cocktails. I purchased one and then just carried it around with me showing it the sites. If anyone here goes on holidays I humbly request they take a Corona with them and photograph it at all the sites.

Here's him chilling with some friends at the bar

and another with him admiring the beach view. Not many people (opr bottles) about

#69 Edited by mjc (12627 posts) -
#70 Edited by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Fiji. Took the whole family for ten days (inc grandmother, mother in law, etc.). Was loads of fun playing with the kids but a little ore stressful at times than I'd imagined it would be.

Not sure if this'll work but here' a link to the photo album if interested. Mostly family hots but a few scenery ones. My camera died half way thru the trip... not sure exactly why but doing somersaults off a waterslide may have had something to do with it. The new one I bought had this panoramic thing which, I thought, took some pretty impressive shots

#71 Edited by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

Stressful because Fiji still doesnt have a constitution? I couldn't handle that.

#72 Posted by bayloski (2707 posts) -

Well it took me 17 hours to realise there is a second page...

When are you going to the U.S Chamboosy?? This federal shutdown certainly seems like it could be a pain in the arse.

#73 Posted by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

Heading across in December. They better have their shit sorted by then. Just found im getting $4000 back from tax returns so two ps4's for me.

#74 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19628 posts) -

I think it is time to upgrade my avatar for the new gen as I have done in the past, any takers?

#75 Posted by superbuuman (2535 posts) -

Hurro & welcome! :)

#76 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@Nintendo_Man: if I take it you might not be happy with the outcome

#77 Edited by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Damn. seems I gloated a bit prematurely about not getting sick. Just spent an entire night losing 3 kgs :)

#78 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

How do Aussies feel about their accent?

#79 Posted by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

Damn. seems I gloated a bit prematurely about not getting sick. Just spent an entire night losing 3 kgs :)

I believe your scales are trolling you. How do you go from gaining 7kg to losing 3kg within a week?

My weight fluctuates roughly 3kg total over a fortnight.

#80 Posted by mjc (12627 posts) -

Fiji. Took the whole family for ten days (inc grandmother, mother in law, etc.). Was loads of fun playing with the kids but a little ore stressful at times than I'd imagined it would be.

Very nice. My boss would have been wandering the Fiji islands around the same time you were vacationing. It's all she's talked about since getting back.

#81 Edited by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Dont like our accents. Though it depends where you live in Australia which defines how strong it is. I live in Sydney and the accent can vary a lot within the city even depending on your cultural background and what area you grow up in. I have found it has made the accent more universal and less distinctive.

I cringe when I hear the stronger accents from small rural towns which hasnt caught up with the rest of Australia. Steve Irwin is an example of that stronger more traditional Australian accent.

I have this suspicion that other English speaking nations, in particular Americans tend to like our accents, where I am the opposite and like American accents. As an Australian I hate more than anything when I can hear the accent break through with actors who work in US, such as Russell Crowe in Gladiator. To other nations who are not accustomed to the accent it probably sound perfect for an ancient Roman environment, for me it sounded like any regular I see around the way and ruined the immersion.

#82 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

I think it is time to upgrade my avatar for the new gen as I have done in the past, any takers?

Is this suitably next-gen for you?

#83 Posted by superbuuman (2535 posts) -

Get well soon. :P

@GazaAli said:

Like it, live anywhere after a while you'll get an accent..unless of course you stick to the same race people the whole time. :P

#84 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

@36Chambers93:

I applaud you for this post sir. I'm not so enthusiastic about the U.S, but American accent is superior to any other English accent out there. British is tolerable and Irish is funny, but the Australian one is horrible. When I have to listen to it its like I don't speak English all of a sudden.

@superbuuman:

Get out rofl :P

#85 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

@superbuuman - Thanks

@36Chambers93 - No I said I lsot 3kgs last night which is a nice way of saying I was spewing all night. I gained 7 over the past two weeks, lost 3 last night therefore my nett result is now 4... given the usual variances of course :)

@GazaAli - I'm pretty much the same as Chambers on this although I like the Russell Crowe Gladiator accent. All in all I much prefer American accents. They sounds much neater/cleaner

#86 Edited by Nintendo_Man (19628 posts) -

@jamesh-42:

That is actually pretty cool, just needs Nintendo Man scrolling somewhere.

#87 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6509 posts) -

So can americans post in here or is that just not cool?

#88 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19628 posts) -

Yes you can, everyone is welcome. :)

#89 Edited by mjc (12627 posts) -

@Nintendo_Man said:

I tried posting one I made, but I'm getting server errors again. Here's a link

http://i.imgur.com/eI2NuMQ.gif

Check it out and let me know what you think.

#90 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

@jamesh-42:

That is actually pretty cool, just needs Nintendo Man scrolling somewhere.

Feel free to take it and modify it then. I've never bothered to teach myself how to do animations with the Gimp. Or you could just take @mjc's one.

#91 Posted by Zorine (897 posts) -
#92 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19628 posts) -

That is awesome mj, I will use that.

It worked for my profile pic but I assume it needs to be smaller to work as a forum avatar.

My profile header is still broken, lol.

#93 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19628 posts) -

@Zorine:

That pic sure resembles me, hiding and ready to zap someone. They do say 13 is an unlucky number, it will be for trouble makers on GS. :P

#94 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

^_^

#95 Posted by Iszdope (9435 posts) -

13 is one of my lottery numbers.

#96 Edited by Nintendo_Man (19628 posts) -

@mystic_knight:

He looks like some of the photoshopped models on those magazine covers.

#97 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

@Zorine:

That pic sure resembles me, hiding and ready to zap someone. They do say 13 is an unlucky number, it will be for trouble makers on GS. :P

I viewed it more as him looking at the sign like "What? Only 1200 yen?!"

#98 Posted by Allicrombie (25107 posts) -

@GazaAli - I'm pretty much the same as Chambers on this although I like the Russell Crowe Gladiator accent. All in all I much prefer American accents. They sounds much neater/cleaner

wot wot? dem 'mericans er de bestest, dey iz!

#99 Posted by mjc (12627 posts) -

That is awesome mj, I will use that.

It worked for my profile pic but I assume it needs to be smaller to work as a forum avatar.

My profile header is still broken, lol.

Here's a small version for your avatar

http://i.imgur.com/v4rPBZv.gif

#100 Posted by Serial_Killa (0 posts) -

Lol at some of the names under avatars

mystic_knig ht

Nintendo_M an

superbuuma n

36Chamber s93

Glad mine still fits. (insert smiley emoticon)