AU Discussion Thread (Australian Users)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#451 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dami won!!!!!!!!! Woo woo wooooooooooooo

#452 Edited by bayloski (2707 posts) -

So you can see why the AEC granted the request for a recount.

I'd never argue with a recount on such a close margin, it must use a fair few man-hours though.

@36Chambers93

The mere mention of Wreckx n effects makes me think of rump shaker...

#454 Edited by OmitName (717 posts) -

awwww. i want a gif.

(╯°□°)╯

#455 Posted by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

@bayloski said:

Respect given +10

#456 Edited by bayloski (2707 posts) -

I'm glad I don't watch the shite as you saying that, and with the time difference, you may upset people.

@bayloski said:

Respect given +10

Nice. I actually listened to it before. Then I flicked to K7 - Come baby Come, and then a bit of Here comes the hotstepper.

#457 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Its all over the news lol. I think finals are live all over the country.

#458 Edited by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

Yes, they do, but BEWARE!!! If you wish to get this deal, they'll happily change your current preorder over to this deal (naturally) but it doesn't come out until just before Christmas, so you won't be getting your PS4 til Christmas.

Did you know that there are people on the internet that don't know what goatse was/is? Lucky.

#459 Edited by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

@bayloski said:

I dread to think of how much senate recount is costing. Mine won't be getting recounted as I voted below the line. I did have the Fishers and Shooters Party as my first preference though :)

In that case, your vote was quite important in deciding the outcome. The tipping point was when they got to the point of excluding the Australian Christians party, who were 14 votes behind the Shooters and Fishers party. If it had been the other way around and the Shooters and Fishers got excluded at that point, instead of Palmer United and Labor winning the last 2 seats, it would have been the Greens and Sports parties.

So you can see why the AEC granted the request for a recount.

I voted below the line as well. I wanted to make sure my votes were going to the right places and getting the Liberal party last (not that that mattered.)

@bayloski - what was Donny like with the other dogs? If you find a harness doesn't work well, try out a halti.

I'm going to a conference tomorrow for vet supplies. It's been a while since I've done that and meeting up with a few other practice managers. Should be interesting.

#460 Posted by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

lol you watch X Factor.

lol you think that she will have any form of career after the show finishes.

#461 Edited by Nintendo_Man (19629 posts) -

X-Factor has always been shit.

#462 Posted by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

Didn't we have the X Factor conversation this time last year? I work with someone who I try and explain to them all the time that just because they won this competition, does not mean that they have a career. They say, but they have talent! No, no they don't. They have the ability to be manipulated into a product is what they have.

#463 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@36Chambers93 said:

@mystic_knight said:

lol you watch X Factor.

Nope it was the first and last episode I watched.. but she was from SK so i wanted her to win, and her song is pretty damn good,

#464 Edited by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
#465 Edited by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

@mystic_knight said:

@36Chambers93 said:

@mystic_knight said:

lol you watch X Factor.

Nope it was the first and last episode I watched.. but she was from SK so i wanted her to win, and her song is pretty damn good,

I saw a few episodes when I was having dinner at mums house, so I know who you are talking about.

This woman you talk of is very awkward looking and performance wise, she has limited appeal outside of the show. She was my mums favourite who is 60 years old and never buys music or watches youtube videos. Now we all know she will never make it overseas, despite being Asian descent her style isnt Asian enough to do well over there and she is still too foreign to do well here.

Jessica Mauboy is probably the most successful female artist here that actually charts and that is because she is a little urban and can get that pre teen female market to support her sales. The bulk of the reality tv show fans who give the show ratings, not the artists sales will disappear and it will only leave the gullible market of pre teens who havent developed a style of music yet so they settle for pop to be her potential market who buy One Direction/Bieber.

So Dami will only likely get that Asian/Australian born fans, which really isnt that many people. Im going to stereotype it and suggest that Asians tend to be really studious and at that pre teen age will be pushed by parents to not be distracted by non classical music and concentrate on school, so where does it leave this chick?

May I suggest that it is so low she wont even qualify to be invited to sing at this years Christmas Carols hosted by channel 7.

Really, really bad dude, she is shit. Her strong points is her voice which I think isnt even great. Her dance moves, charisma, appearance....everything about her is embarrassing in my opinion, including her husband.

Damn I spent too long on this post ;)

#466 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@36Chambers93 I agree with most of your points completely, so much that i actually thought she wouldn't win because of her origins.. I know she isnt the best looking girl ever. Even for my asian preferences she doesn't really hit the mark. But damn her voice is beautiful. I always said a good singing voice makes a girl much more attractive. It certainly worked for her too.

Unfortunately she wont find the success she needs or deserves which is a darn shame. She sang Mariah like a boss.

#467 Edited by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

I saw that performance as well, I dont think she was that good tbh. I get that she is nervous but she kind of was during the performances I did manage to see, I get that she is shy but she needed to be more sassy and more diva. She aint got it.

Shows how low the standards are of these shows, especially in Australia.

Im sorry im so hard on you, I enjoy proving you wrong :)

#468 Edited by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Lol. Saw this ad on Facebook today for a "miracle lose weight thingy". Had a photo of this guy who's been doing the rounds crapping on about juicing on the Oprah Winfrey show. Funny thing was that he was wearing blue scrubs... WTF?! Does he seriously think that putting on a costume like that is going to fool anyone? My sister buys into the whole jiuicing and ph level stuff and, whilst I agree parts of it have merit, it's really hard to take it seriously when the people pushing it are such shallow and obvious douche-bags! Organic... juicing... gluten free... yeah they all have merit but the bottom line is that the human body is quite capable of processing all sorts of food and getting what it needs. If I stick to meat and veg my body will sort out the rest. No need for 2l of lemnon water each morning to ensure my body is alkaline :S

@mystic_knight said:

@36Chambers93 I agree with most of your points completely, so much that i actually thought she wouldn't win because of her origins.. I know she isnt the best looking girl ever. Even for my asian preferences she doesn't really hit the mark. But damn her voice is beautiful. I always said a good singing voice makes a girl much more attractive. It certainly worked for her too.

Unfortunately she wont find the success she needs or deserves which is a darn shame. She sang Mariah like a boss.

I'd love to watch shows like XXX Factor but the bits surrounding the singing just kill it for me. Case and point, in that Mariah song, they kept interrupting it with over the top reaction shots. See that girl covering her heart when whassername first starts singing? Wtf?! And I always get infuriated by the nice judge/mean judge/"knowledgable" judge crap they try to pull. So much pandering to the masses and not enough actual singing and showing us interesting stuff. I guess what I should do is like what I used to do with Australian Idol; record it then just skip to the singing and watch that :)

Regarding her performance I thought she did an ok job on that song but wasn't much better than I've heard in bars all over the place. She missed a bunch of the notes too. I'm not saying she did a bad job and it's still a gazillion times better than what I could do but, for someone who's meant to have been practicing one song all week and perfecting it... I'd expect better. If she sang that in the middle of a big set then you allow for little quirks here and there but she was just getting up to do one song.

@36Chambers93 - I agree. Isn't the point of these shows to find Australia's next "big star"? If you've got someone who has a great voice but is overly nervous and doesn't have the "diva/wow" factor then they're not gonna be the success they need to be. Not for anything longer than a season anyways

#469 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Is anyone else having trouble with messaging? I created a new thread for the Unfinished Game Challenge and wanted to message the recipients but half of them aren't showing up in the username search! Even typing "m" results in the "barren wasteland" message indicating there are no gamespot users whos name starts in m :S

In the meantime... here's the new thread for the unfinished game/shame pile challenge.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/unfinished-game-shame-pile-challenge-2013-30887685/

#470 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Hahaha I don't find you hard at all man. I actually like these discussions. It's always nice to see peoples opinions. For the record I enjoy it when you put your opinions forth against mine.

#471 Edited by Nintendo_Man (19629 posts) -

Play Roar and Alive side by side and it is almost identical. She is going to only be a Katy Perry clone. Clearly she is a good karaoke singer but nothing more. Problem with these shows are that the singers can only sing 90 seconds of a song which is stupid when the average song is 3-4 minutes long.

#472 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

I guess they didn't get around to migrating the old forum data last week :(

Has anyone else played around with Assassin's Creed Initiates? It just came out of closed beta last week, and seems to be some kind of meta-game where you need to perform specific actions in AC3, AC3: Liberation or AC4 and matching actions on the web site to complete missions. I haven't really poked into it enough to tell whether it adds anything to the games or not yet.

#473 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

If you decide to write a review post a link. :)

Here you go

http://stevivor.com/review/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut/

If you can't be arsed reading it the summary is as follows

Deus Ex: Human Revolution remains a cleverly designed, stand out title that offers an experience truly unlike any other. The Director’s Cut not only manages to stay true to the original but packages in a bunch of extra content whilst fixing all the big problems. Further to this it adds dual screen support in a way that enhances gameplay and is more than just a gimmick. A “must buy” for anyone who’s a fan of the series or good gaming in general.

9.5 out of 10

#474 Edited by superbuuman (2683 posts) -

^ Just finish reading it...I may get it later on Wii U when price goes down. :P

& wtf is this sickness I got, freaking eye ache through the weekend & Monday spend majority of time sleeping/in bed...now a little dizzy...at work atm..stupid sickness. :P

#475 Edited by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

It's $35 at ozgameshop if interested ($25 on PC). I grabbed some copies for friends who have yet to play it. Boy are they in for a treat :)

That sickness sounds like me when I get a fluey cold thingy. I recently discovered a drink called Lemzip Max. It's friggin amazing for that. You should give it a shot. Doesn't help too much with the dizziness but it wiped out the rest of the symptoms for me... for about 8 hours anyway

#476 Posted by superbuuman (2683 posts) -

glad she did, the other 2 were just same old same old...Jai just sound like a freaking kid - nyah, nyah voice..the other guy's voice had no power. Just basing it on the clip of their performance ch7 showed whilst waiting for The Blacklist to come on. :P

@Chickan_117 cheers will try it out. :)

#477 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Found that ad I was talking about. Seriously... scrubs?! How lucky Oprah was that someone could rush over from the hospital and spare time to talk to her about juicing!

#478 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

And it looks like they've spread a few unnecessary accents to try and bypass any automated filtering/categorisation. Always a good sign that you're dealing with a reputable company.

Your Deus Ex: HR review makes it sound somewhat interesting. I never progressed past the first boss before putting the game aside. Apart from the boss battles, I aslo found the constant switching between first and third person perspective a bit jarring. When trying to stay hidden it was a lot easier to judge where your body was when you could actually see where it was, so an option to stay in third person view would have been nice.

#479 Edited by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

That's a very good point although it never really bothered me. I did find it strange that, in order to see around cover, you had to make your Jensen flatten himself against it :)

I didn't even click about the accents! I wonder why they bothered! This was on Facebook amongst a ton of other similar ads so they must have categorised correctly regardless

#480 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -
#481 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Who on Earth is in charge of her "look" and marketing?! That's terrible!

#482 Posted by superbuuman (2683 posts) -

lol.. look like the whore of the orient.. >_< :P

#483 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@Chickan_117: Probably Sony, its the record company who hired her .. wouldn't know honestly its all just guesses.

Im not a fan of over the top makeup. but its her music more than her that im interested in.. (which is unusual from a korean artist LOL)

#484 Edited by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

I understand that music is about the voice/music but the cover is important too! She could look so much better and have an eye catching cover but they've given her something that looks like it should be in the $2 bin at a service station!

Case in point; look at this

then look at these

I'm just surprised Sony aren't doing a better job of making the album cover look a little professional

#485 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Hey mj, how is Sonic? Your screenshots on Miiverse make it look pretty cool

#486 Edited by mjc (12629 posts) -

Hey mj, how is Sonic? Your screenshots on Miiverse make it look pretty cool

It's a really good game. It borrows quite a bit of its level design from Super Mario Galaxy, but it works surprisingly well. Most of the time, it's a brilliant game that looks good and handles well. However, there are a few frustrating levels and I found the power-ups (recycled from Sonic Colours) to be implemented poorly.

If you enjoyed the recent Sonic games, I think you'll like this one as well.

#487 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19629 posts) -

The last badly reviewed Sonic game I played was Sonic Unleashed and it was even worse than they said so will avoid Lost World.

Though most reviews were spot on about the better Sonic games such as Generations.

#488 Edited by Serial_Killa (0 posts) -

Does anyone here watch the show Comic Book Men? if not you should treat yourself and start. One of my favourite shows. Never fails to make me laugh.

#489 Posted by bayloski (2707 posts) -

@bayloski - what was Donny like with the other dogs? If you find a harness doesn't work well, try out a halti.

I'm going to a conference tomorrow for vet supplies. It's been a while since I've done that and meeting up with a few other practice managers. Should be interesting.

Yeh he's pretty friendly so far, not like the last one who was always up for a fight.

Cool, gotta be better than being stuck in the clinic.

I chucked a sicky today and went out in the tinny with my mate. Conditions terrible came in, went fishing off the rocks, caught only one fish but spent time with my mates. Some bird was doing a bikini photoshoot bout 50m from where we where fishing from, bonus. Weather was great and I wasn't at work.

Apparently we're going to get a 35 degree day tomorrow gonna be unbearable....

#490 Posted by bayloski (2707 posts) -

Does anyone here watch the show Comic Book Men? if not you should treat yourself and start. One of my favourite shows. Never fails to make me laugh.

I've caught a couple of eps and quite enjoyed it. A&E is generally my go-to channel as there are a few shows I enjoy on it.

#491 Posted by mjc (12629 posts) -

I haven't started the new season, but I've watched all previous episodes. I'm not much of a comic book fan, but I still find it a pretty funny show. My only gripe is that they're always too hard on poor ol' Ming!

#492 Edited by Serial_Killa (0 posts) -

Ya Ming is kinda the scapegoat, but every group has one, and he handles it.

Last week some guy invited them back to his house in which he had his very own Batcave. A touch eccentric but it was pretty awesome. The week before, Lou Ferrigno, the original Incredible Hulk took Bryan to the gym a few days to get him motivated to lose some weight. At his age Lou is still in pretty good shape. Bryan...not so much.

I love the show, it's a pity so few people are aware of it.

#493 Posted by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

I met Lou Ferrigno a few years ago and he's still built like a brick shithouse. Impressive for a man of his age now.

Trying to decide whether I grab Battlefield 4 this week or wait for the PS4. Decisions decisions.

#494 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19629 posts) -

I will be sticking to the new gen versions, the visuals alone are a noticeable improvement. Only difference is the current gen versions will have many more people playing.

#495 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

2 Years on and still damn awesome.. Rihanna you need to do a DJ collab more often.

#496 Posted by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

NBA seasons starts today. Nothing else matters.

#497 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Football says other wise... FIFA can not come soon enough!!! Greatest sport in the world I tell you.

#498 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Anyone here play the Football Manager games?

#499 Edited by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

Can only watch World Cup games for football. Club level, I struggle to be entertained.

A - League is just a pathetic joke, I went to 2 Wanderers game the first traveling up to Central Coast a fortnight a go just to get out of Sydney and hang out with mates. Everything was awesome about the day except for the dull game itself.

Parramatta stadium last weekend, I went just to see how the crowd reacts because some of my friends have become complete A League tools. I cant get over how excited the fans get over a new team with no heritage and are entertained by a competition with such low skills.

#500 Edited by OmitName (717 posts) -

awwww. i want a gif.

(╯°□°)╯

i took the long way around, and resolved to not download anything. i beat the internet to within an inch of its life all while screaming louder than anyone before me in my best bale's batman voice. and finally boiled down a formula to youtube > videograbber > onlineimageconvert mp4 to wmv > windows movie maker for editing, save to avi > onlineimageconvert avi to gif. kpop, in the spirit of my inspiration.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2076blc.jpg

i bet there is a way to coagulate it a bit more. perhaps use videograbber settings to get something wmm can use.