AU Discussion Thread (Australian Users)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by mjc (12628 posts) -

As the regional forums were not part of the initial site upgrade, some users that frequent the AU Discussion forum may feel a little lost. This thread is here to appease until such time as the forum is resurrected. So if you're a regular from AU Discussion or an Aussie member of GameSpot, sound off below and let's get some chat on!

PLEASE NOTE: While there is typically no discussion of games allowed in Off-Topic, we will allow an exception for this thread. Moderators, please refer any issues raised in this thread to the AU mod team (mjc, mystic_knight, Nintendo_Man and Zorine).

#2 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Thanks MJ :) Appreciate this!

#3 Posted by Zorine (1075 posts) -

Wooo Aussie Aussie Aussie!

#4 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

For whoever finds this make sure you click "watch this topic" at the bottom. The watched threads tab will be located on the right hand side of the main forum page.

#5 Edited by mjc (12628 posts) -
#6 Posted by Zorine (1075 posts) -

I do love a good Australian bargain!

#7 Edited by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

Hi all.

Still adjusting to the changes. Not happy about not being able to watch videos anymore. Yes, I understand the workaround, just don't understand the logic behind the change.

#8 Edited by superbuuman (2613 posts) -

hurro!!!..yea I keep typing www.gamespot.com.au..force of habit. :P

#9 Edited by mjc (12628 posts) -

hurro!!!..yea I keep typing www.gamespot.com.au..force of habit. :P

Yeah, I need to go change all my bookmarks!

#10 Edited by Iszdope (9566 posts) -

Sleepin' wif da fishes.

#11 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

Thanks for thinking of this. Hopefully we won't need this thread for too long though...

#12 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Hey guys, nice to see familiar faces back here :)

#13 Posted by Iszdope (9566 posts) -

Shu' up.

#14 Posted by greasemonkey42 (2918 posts) -

Hi all.

Still adjusting to the changes. Not happy about not being able to watch videos anymore. Yes, I understand the workaround, just don't understand the logic behind the change.

Workaround as in just disabling Adblock? Or as in getting rid of the ads before videos and still getting the videos to play? If the latter, please elaborate on this 'workaround' you speak of...haven't quite been able to dig one up yet myself.

Also I'll be eagerly awaiting the au gamespot page to get back up and running and hopefully things will be a bit zippier.

#15 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@Iszdope: Its good to see you too my fave troublemaker :P

#17 Posted by LuzerGS (16 posts) -

Howdy.

I don't have an invitation but the dude who's hosting the party knows me.

...So ya gonna let me in or what?

#18 Posted by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

@36Chambers93 said:

Hi all.

Workaround as in just disabling Adblock? Or as in getting rid of the ads before videos and still getting the videos to play? If the latter, please elaborate on this 'workaround' you speak of...haven't quite been able to dig one up yet myself.

Also I'll be eagerly awaiting the au gamespot page to get back up and running and hopefully things will be a bit zippier.

Yes that is the workaround, well of sorts. Rather than completely disabling adblock I could simply add Gamespot as an exception. Thing is that voids any reason of having adblock in the first place.

What I dont get is that I can watch the same video in Youtube with no ads right now and I dont have to change any settings. Here on the GS site, video just sits doing nothing. In my opinion its not good enough, I recall Gametrailers tried this crap in the past and they put it back to normal real quick after most members complained.

Im pretty sure most peeps use adblock.

#19 Edited by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

Looks like they also lost Chippa7 as part of the site changes. Hope he has fun at Blizzard :)

#20 Posted by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

Hello all. This new forum layout is going to get some used to.

No signatures this time round?

GIF!

#21 Posted by Celldrax (14551 posts) -

I hadn't posted there much in quite a while.

I still want to know how we're suppose to find any unions that were (hopefully) moved over.

#22 Posted by mjc (12628 posts) -

No signatures this time round?

Check under Settings on your profile page.

#23 Posted by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

Problem solvered I think.

PSPlus update for this month:

Metal Gear Solid Revengeance
Remember Me
Oddworld: That One About Hunting (Vita)
Motorstorm RC (Vita)

#24 Posted by mjc (12628 posts) -

Problem solvered I think.

PSPlus update for this month:

Remember Me

Oddworld: That One About Hunting (Vita)

Motorstorm RC (Vita)

I really need to stop buying PS3 games at launch. Nice selection.

#25 Posted by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

Yeah, I had no interest in playing either of those games, but now they're on PSPlus I'll definitely give them a shot for sure.

#26 Posted by 36Chambers93 (1484 posts) -

@Nintendo_Man

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-sales-rise-685-percent-in-uk-following-zelda-release/1100-6415534/

You normally like posting about the Wii u failing :P

#27 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

I'm SO glad I waited those extra two weeks before buying revengeance! Lol

#28 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19628 posts) -

@36Chambers93:

So that increase means 685 people bought the Wii, lol.

#29 Posted by mjc (12628 posts) -

I'm SO glad I waited those extra two weeks before buying revengeance! Lol

@Chamboosy said:

I'm thinking I might return and play Remember Me as it didn't run too well on my PC.

#30 Posted by bayloski (2707 posts) -

Nice work MJ and cheers for the heads up!!!

Good to see some peeps on here. Was having some withdrawals from the AU boards.

Dave I was actually thinking you might be in bum-f%%k nowhere on holiday with the family and get a surprise when ya came back.

Chamboosy - Wheres that gif from it's gold??

#31 Edited by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

No idea, just saw it on a forum somewhere. Thought it was hilarious.

All you people need to fix your avatar's. I feel like I'm having a conversation with the same person.

#32 Edited by elektrixx (2569 posts) -

My avatar is fixed. I capped it again from a HD source this time!

#33 Posted by superbuuman (2613 posts) -

My avatar is fixed. I capped it again from a HD source this time!

woo so clear..can't seem to get my Bowser avatar back so Rider Kabuto it is. :P

#34 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

You can find a crappy 50x50 version of your old avatar next to the Livefyre comment box below any articles: you might be able to find a better version through an image search.

Also, don't forget to hit save after setting your avatar on the settings page. It looks like Chickan forgot that bit :)

#35 Edited by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

@jamesh-42 Ha! No I didn't else my sig file wouldn't have saved.

@bayloski You were right. I was on holiday... putting on 7kgs despite constant hiking, swimming, kyaking and jet skiing. My parenting techniques could use some work however (that's my 98 year old Nan in the pool with my 3 kids) :)

#36 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

How was the trip. The absence of a certain bird was very noticeable on our board!

#37 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

Did @mjc manage to get suspended or something? His posts in this topic seem to have gone missing.

#39 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

How was the trip. The absence of a certain bird was very noticeable on our board!

It was a mixed bag but the nett result was positive. A little less relaxing than I'd anticipated however I did take 3 kids, my mother in law and my Nan with me :)

#40 Edited by bayloski (2707 posts) -

@Chickan_117: 7kgs....Did you eat one of said children??

How was the holiday anyway??

This new GS is going to take some time to get used to.

#41 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Anyone else find that a thread stops being watched after you go back in and view all recent posts? :(

#42 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Anyone else find that a thread stops being watched after you go back in and view all recent posts? :(

I thought it was just me... maybe its another bug worth mentioning.

#43 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Does anyone here play (Zen?) Pinball FX2? I'm trying to decide what tables to buy. Demos aren't available in my region apparently tho :(

So far I like ones like Epic Quest and The Empire Strikes Back. Not overly fussed on Clone Wars, Bobba Fett, or Earth Defence. Secrets of the Deep was ok. Havent bought any others yet

#44 Edited by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

Mj has now reached noob status as it appears he's upgraded himself to a new name. I was considering re-launching myself with a new username but decided that I couldn't be bothered doing that.

I intend to put on 20kg whilst I'm away. Putting on 7kg is nothing. I did 10kg last time... double it!

The other threads on this forum are fucking weird.

#45 Edited by Chamboosy (4309 posts) -

Heeey, I can swear without being told off now! Fuck yes!

Here's another gif...

Now I've been told:

You posted too many messages in a row.

No... YOU posted too many messages in a row.

#46 Edited by superbuuman (2613 posts) -

So Square Enix decides to screw Wii U owners over, by charging $20 more for Deus Ex: Director's Cut at $50USD ...whilst the competitors ones $30USD..yea so much for exclusive. Not buying it now, BOO!!! Square Enix..might use that money & get cat mario 3dland instead. :P

#47 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

I came back from my holiday last month about 5 kg lighter thanks to a gastro infection. Luckily it didn't strike until the last day, so I was still able to enjoy most of the trip.

#48 Edited by Mjcowley (2 posts) -

Mj has now reached noob status as it appears he's upgraded himself to a new name.

Nah, just using an alt account until they repair mjc.

#49 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19628 posts) -

I tried to upload my profile header from the old site, it decided to explode in size for no reason.

Anyone else have this problem?

#50 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19628 posts) -

@Mjcowley:

Maybe you have been infected with the smooth virus. Either that or he got mod powers and banned you, lol.