'Arrested Development' is back

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2517 Posts

Arrested Development is finally being brought back on the air with new episodes and a new film, slated for an aimed early 2013 release. Here is the full article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/02/arrested-development-back-new-episodes-movie_n_991404.html

Thoughts/feelings?

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts
Based on how bad the last season was, I am concerned, but overall excited.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Based on how bad the last season was, I am concerned, but overall excited.Solid_Snake325
The last season was amazing! It went a little insane, but most of the viewers at the time were aware that it was being cancelled, so to see it get more and more ridiculous as each week went by and they came closer to cancellation only made it funnier.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Based on how bad the last season was, I am concerned, but overall excited.Solid_Snake325
I don't know if I'd call the last season bad - it certainly isn't as good as the other two, but there are still some great episodes and hilarious moments in there. But I do find the entire Rita storyline kind of annoying on rewatches, and where I've easily watched the first two seasons more than a dozen times, I don't think I've managed more than four or five of the whole Rita thing. The rest of the third season fares a bit better. Still excited, though. I can't say no to Arrested Development, and it'll be weird seeing older versions of George Michael and Maebe.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

My reaction....

:(I wish i could hsve found a better pic,

google image, you have let m down

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

Maybe it's me, but I think a fair amount of people have moved on from this show, myself included. Yes, it was great, and it sucked that Fox had cancelled it the way it did...but it went out on top, and to bring it back seven years after it went off the air just to set up the movie doesn't seem right somehow.

Part of me thinks that the only reason Fox is giving the go-ahead after all this time is to capitalize on the success Jason Bateman and Michael Cera(to a certain extent playing the same awkward character for almost 10 years) have been enjoying in the movies in recent years. But, maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Maybe it's me, but I think a fair amount of people have moved on from this show, myself included. Yes, it was great, and it sucked that Fox had cancelled it the way it did...but it went out on top, and to bring it back seven years after it went off the air just to set up the movie doesn't seem right somehow.

Part of me thinks that the only reason Fox is giving the go-ahead after all this time is to capitalize on the success Jason Bateman and Michael Cera(to a certain extent playing the same awkward character for almost 10 years) have been enjoying in the movies in recent years. But, maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Hallenbeck77
yeah it seems a bit odd. Usually when they bring a show back, it doesnt do nearly as well as it once did.
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

yeah it seems a bit odd. Usually when they bring a show back, it doesnt do nearly as well as it once did.

I would say Fox cancellations are the vast exception to that general rule.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Frame_Dragger

not really, I dont think Family Guy or Futurama are anywhere near as good as they were before.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Allicrombie

That's the thing about this show--it had tons of accolades, but nobody watched it the first time around. That's why I'm curious to Fox's reasoning on bringing it back now after all this time.
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts

[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] yeah it seems a bit odd. Usually when they bring a show back, it doesnt do nearly as well as it once did.Allicrombie

not really, I dont think Family Guy or Futurama are anywhere near as good as they were before.

That's certainly a matter of taste.. I think FG got some good years in, and while Futurama doesn't have the spark IMO, it's better than most shows on major networks. In any case, that's a matter of opinion, but that they're DOING well is not... Family Guy has been a freaking gold mine since it was brought back. Being as good or better, and doing well are totally different animals.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

i thought the show was garbage. didnt like it at all

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Hallenbeck77
Really? I think the show was more popular in recent years than it ever was while it aired or shortly after its cancellation. There really is no better time to release a limited series and movie if you ask me.
Mister_Mackey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mister_Mackey
Member since 2011 • 384 Posts
Am I the only one who came into this thread thinking it was about the music group Arrested Development?
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

SaintLeonidas
Really? I think the show was more popular in recent years than it ever was while it aired or shortly after its cancellation. There really is no better time to release a limited series and movie if you ask me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show, and I hope it does very well when it comes back. But, I'm just not as excited as I should be for its return because part of me was bummed for its initial treatment by the network, while another is cynical, thinking that they waited too long to do this. What I'd really like is to see this show come back on another network other than Fox. Cable would be a better fit, F/X in particular.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Hallenbeck77

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show, and I hope it does very well when it comes back. But, I'm just not as excited as I should be for its return because part of me was bummed for its initial treatment by the network, while another is cynical, thinking that they waited too long to do this. What I'd really like is to see this show come back on another network other than Fox. Cable would be a better fit, F/X in particular.

Word is they are in talks with Showtime and Netflix.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"] Really? I think the show was more popular in recent years than it ever was while it aired or shortly after its cancellation. There really is no better time to release a limited series and movie if you ask me.

Word is they are in talks with Showtime and Netflix.

I hope it's Netflix, if that's the case. Showtime doesn't offer enough decent programming for me to warrant another premium channel on my cable bill.
tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

I'm afraid I just blue myself with excitement.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Thoughts/feelings?

Tigerman950

Basically this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts

WOOHOOO!

I hope the cousins dangerioux hook up :D

Spitfirer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Spitfirer
Member since 2007 • 2088 Posts

I wasn't too keen on Season 3 but besides that, this is good news.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

There were talks about this before and it didn't end up happening, so we'll see.

I really hope they do bring it back though. Favorite show of all time.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts

There was already a thread about this from yesterday...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28882046/arrested-development-coming-back-for-one-more-season-tweet?tag=topics%3Btitle