Arkansas: African-American Student Hazed with Noose

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/341398/28/African-American-student-hazed-with-noose

Video Report Embedded

An African-American football player reportedly had a noose put around his neck by white teammates.

Many folks are frowning in the "City with a smile" after hearing news of possibly racially-charged hazing involving members of the Wynne High School's junior varsity football team.

"There was an incident in the ninth grade locker room," said Superintendent Carl Easley. "Two students are being recommended for expulsion and five have been suspended from school."

It's really sad to see things like this, because it's likely some of the students learned this kind of behavior from their parents. There isn't much reference to lynching in today's media.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
hahahahahahaahahahhaaha surely they didn't think that would be a good idea
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

Two students are being recommended for expulsion

Why? I think this is a good example of when education can trump severe punishment.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Unless he's being expelled to an predominately black school, I don't think those kids should be kicked out. After all, they're teenagers. Racist **** teenagers, but teenagersnone the less. I think with a some counseling and some detention....you know what... never find. **** those kids.

It's a Fucking noose.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

I wanna blame the parents more then the kids.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

>Arkansas

slow news day

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I read the Book of Galatians and noticed a certain verse which is most certainly is of relation to hanging of people especially considering the Bible's influence upon the western world. [quote="Paul"] Galatians 3 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Stay classy Amurrica.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
How do things like this cross people's minds and they suddenly think, "Hey, this sounds like a great idea!".
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts
How do things like this cross people's minds and they suddenly think, "Hey, this sounds like a great idea!". HoolaHoopMan
that's just one of the many questions I want answered after reading this,
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

It's Arkansas, so not really a surprise.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Unless he's being expelled to an predominately black school, I don't think those kids should be kicked out. After all, they're teenagers. Racist fvcking teenagers, but teenagersnone the less. I think with a some counseling and some detention....you know what... never find. fvck those kids.

It's a fvcking noose.

Blue-Sky

This. fvck those kids. They're lost causes. Not worth wasting an education on.

also, your sig is amazing.

also, how did you post fvck without altering the spelling? I just tried to post with your quote, and it stopped me, for the fvcks in your post.:P

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

What an idiotic thing to do.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

It's Arkansas, so not really a surprise.

gamerguru100
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
How do things like this cross people's minds and they suddenly think, "Hey, this sounds like a great idea!". HoolaHoopMan
Very, very good question.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 limpbizkit818

Unless he's being expelled to an predominately black school, I don't think those kids should be kicked out. After all, they're teenagers. Racist **** teenagers, but teenagersnone the less. I think with a some counseling and some detention....you know what... never find. **** those kids.

It's a ****ing noose.

Blue-Sky

The kids are 14:| You've clearly never worked with children before. What are you trying to accomplish by expelling a 9th grader?

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

It's a ****ing noose.

limpbizkit818

The kids are 14:| You've clearly never worked with children before. What are you trying to accomplish by expelling a 9th grader?

I wasn't doing stupid sh!t like that when I was 14. No one I know was doing stupid sh!t like that when they were 14. Fvcking 10 year olds know better than that, unless they're raised by parents so terrible they should be charged with child abuse just for being so dumb.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 limpbizkit818
[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]How do things like this cross people's minds and they suddenly think, "Hey, this sounds like a great idea!". DeadMan1290

Lets assume they have racist parents that told them this is acceptable. Then what? Now what? Lets assume they have zero parietal guidance in their lives and were influenced by lousy friends/some internet forum that told them this is acceptable. Now what?
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]How do things like this cross people's minds and they suddenly think, "Hey, this sounds like a great idea!". limpbizkit818

Lets assume they have racist parents that told them this is acceptable. Then what? Now what? Lets assume they have zero parietal guidance in their lives and were influenced by lousy friends/some internet forum that told them this is acceptable. Now what?

I don't care if they're 14. that's old enough to know some sh!t like that isn't acceptable, regardless of what some piece of sh!t friends or an internet forum says.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
Stay classy, Arkansas! ;p
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 limpbizkit818

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

It's a ****ing noose.

the_bi99man

I wasn't doing stupid sh!t like that when I was 14. No one I know was doing stupid sh!t like that when they were 14. Fvcking 10 year olds know better than that, unless they're raised by parents so terrible they should be charged with child abuse just for being so dumb.

Yeah, not buying that argument. I'm glad you were the boy scout valedictorian but these students clearly are not. I'm sure there was a lot of crazy **** going on in your middle school/high school that you were unaware of at the time.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 limpbizkit818

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"] Very, very good question.the_bi99man

I don't care if they're 14. that's old enough to know some sh!t like that isn't acceptable, regardless of what some piece of sh!t friends or an internet forum says.

Please, don't ever work with at-risk children. Ever.

Edit: not to assume these children would have been labeledas such before this event, but they clearly need help, not expulsion.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

limpbizkit818

Yeah, not buying that argument. I'm glad you were the boy scout valedictorian but these students clearly are not. I'm sure there was a lot of crazy **** going on in your middle school/high school that you were unaware of at the time.

Wow. Lol of the week. I don't even know how to respond to that. I don't know what kind of fvcked up community you're dealing with, where the only kids not engaging in horrifyingly racist, violent hazings, are the boy scouts and valedictorians, but it sounds like a terrible place. I hope, for your sake, you're not planning on raising your own children there.

And no, there wasn't any crazy sh!t, even close to that kind of crazy sh!t, going on in my school.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

It was probably a stupid prank, but they should know better than that. Poor judgement.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 limpbizkit818

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

Wow. Lol of the week. I don't even know how to respond to that. I don't know what kind of fvcked up community you're dealing with, where the only kids not engaging in horrifyingly racist, violent hazings, are the boy scouts and valedictorians, but it sounds like a terrible place. I hope, for your sake, you're not planning on raising your own children there.

And no, there wasn't any crazy sh!t, even close to that kind of crazy sh!t, going on in my school.

How many times do we all have to hear the "I did XZY so anyone that didn't is wrong" argument? That was your original point which is why I called you the valedictorian. Glad you laughed. "I wasn't doing stupid sh!t like that when I was 14. No one I know was doing stupid sh!t like that when they were 14." It's great that in 9th grade you didn't get in trouble. It's great that you knew this kind of behavior was wrong. But you can't expect everyone to have the same experience as you and kicking these kids out of school is a mistake.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]Most people have the stupid belief that punishment necessarily fixes problems.

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

It's a ****ing noose.

the_bi99man

So some kids are ignorant and racist, and you think that problem should be dealt with by denying them an education? That will only make the problem worse, assuming their school is decent.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"] Yeah, not buying that argument. I'm glad you were the boy scout valedictorian but these students clearly are not. I'm sure there was a lot of crazy **** going on in your middle school/high school that you were unaware of at the time.

limpbizkit818

How many times do we all have to hear the "I did XZY so anyone that didn't is wrong" argument? That was your original point which is why I called you the valedictorian. Glad you laughed. "I wasn't doing stupid sh!t like that when I was 14. No one I know was doing stupid sh!t like that when they were 14." It's great that in 9th grade you didn't get in trouble. It's great that you knew this kind of behavior was wrong. But you can't expect everyone to have the same experience as you and kicking these kids out of school is a mistake.

I got into plenty of trouble in 9th grade. There's a difference between the typical, boys being boys kind of mischief that kids get into, and hazing a kid with a fvcking noose. It's not a matter of just not getting into trouble. There are plenty of things kids do to get into trouble that pales in comparison to something like this. And yes, it is great that I knew this kind of behavior was wrong when I was that age. But not that great, because it's not that hard to know. And yes, I can expect other kids to know better than that. The only way they couldn't is if they were raised horribly wrong.These kids are fvcked up in the head, and don't belong in a regular school with the normal kids. Expel them, and investigate their parents.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
Expel them, and investigate their parents.the_bi99man
Wait...what?! Investigate their parents for what, exactly? What reason is there for the parents to be investigated for anything?
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

It was probably a stupid prank, but they should know better than that. Poor judgement.

sonicare
Or maybe, just maybe, they're racist?
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
People do stupid things but a noose, a f*cking noose?? That sends a clear message. They should be expelled because they might still pose a threat to the affected students and others.
Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dylan_11
Member since 2005 • 11296 Posts
I don't see a problem here.