Are you willing to remove the name "God" in the American National Anthem?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrduckbears3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Are you willing to remove the name "God" in the American National Anthem? (70 votes)

Yes. It's time to separate God and the National Anthem. 43%
No. I don't believe in God but that word is a part of America and it should remain there.. 14%
No. I'm a firm believer in God & Jesus Christ and i am not comfortable with it removed! 16%
I'm not American 27%

let's see what people think :p

• 
StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#51 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

I'm kind of confused because it looks like to me people are mixing the Pledge of Allegiance and Star-Spangled Banner.

I mean here is the anthem:

O say can you see by the dawn's early light,

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,

Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,

O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?

And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;

O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

So no God there.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I believe in a separation of church and state, and I have zero problem with references to God in things like the national anthem and the pledge of allegiance. It's when you start trying put religion into legislation that it becomes a problem.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

@lamprey263 said:

@lostrib said:

@-paranorman- said:

@lamprey263: The Star Spangled Banner has 4 verses. In the 4th, it has "And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep,

Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,

What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,

As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?

Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,

In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:

'Tis the star-spangled banner, O! long may it wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore

That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,

A home and a country, should leave us no more?

Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,

O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand

Between their loved home and the war's desolation.

Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land

Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,

And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

EDIT: I tried separating the verses but Gamespot isn't letting me do it. Sorry.

Although we only ever sing the first verse

The "Defense of Fort M'Henry" has 4 versus, the Star-Spangled Banner is only the first verse, and it's the Star-Spangled Banner that's the National Anthem, not the entirety of "Defense of Fort M'Henry".

If that is the case, then this thread shouldn't exist since that part of the poem is not included in our National Anthem. I imagine it would either be impossible to remove the "God" verse or really stupid to do so since it was written as a poem in the first place.

I think OP confused the Pledge with the anthem.

For that, I'd be happy to see it go, even entirely (kids saying the pledge is kinda creepy and nationalism makes me cringe) but I don't care enough to complain. What is irritating, though, are those who think it was there originally...same with money. It was all added in the 1950s because of red scare.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@lostrib: @bforrester420: Ok I'll bite. The article that has been provided is a mess of misconceptions and unfounded assumptions. Frankly its utter nonsense, there's nothing scientific about it. It seems to be making two assumptions. First is that conservatism is inherently simple, uncritical and one-dimensional. That is simply not true. This certainly applies to mainstream conservatism, but there's nothing empirically suggestive that the ideology of conservatism in the academic or theoretical framework, that the ideology itself is simple, uncritical and one-dimensional. The sophisticated work of Robert Nozick comes to mind for instance. On the other hand, the article suggests that liberalism is intricate, critical and just a very sophisticated and complex ideology. What's the basis of this assumption? What inherent trait or characteristic that liberalism has and conservatism doesn't that makes the ideology of liberalism an exceptionally sophisticated and complex ideology? There's no evidence of this whatsoever. Just because liberalism concerns itself with fields like "gender studies" and "LGBT whatever" that doesn't automatically make it a sophisticated and complex ideology.

The second assumption the article makes is that mainstream liberals are smarter or more intellectual and critical than mainstream conservatives which is wrong, so wrong. That liberalism in general attracts people with higher cognitive abilities and IQ, roughly speaking. Let's for instance assume that liberalism is actually "smarter" as an ideology than conservatism. This does not automatically make the adherents of liberalism smarter by association. The average liberal is as smart, or as dumb as the average conservative. He or she does not go beyond "Everybody gets to have sex with anybody/anything, women rights and **** religion" attitudes, none of which requires any exceptional intellect or cognitive abilities. Its not like your average liberal is busy exposing him/herself to the work of liberal thinkers or the theories of liberalism. Look at it this way: the average person responds to his/her realization of intellectual inferiority, lacking the ability to introduce fresh value, diminished individuality and overall inability and impotence in two ways. He/she either accepts that realization and find comfort in the traditional and safe haven of mainstream conservatism or he/she tries to defy his/her mode of existence by associating himself with a seemingly more sophisticated and complex ideology that is being perceived as the ideology of the intellectual and superior of men, liberalism. So the average liberal and conservative are on the same cognitive and intellectual level.

I came to the conclusion that, on the topic of liberalism and conservatism, whoever professes to either ideologies is an idiot because none of the two has acquired the infallible wisdom or is the final stage of human civilization. And since most people profess to either, most people are equally idiots so no one in either sides of the isle gets to call the other an idiot.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55  Edited By chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@mccoyca112 said:

A non believer, but it's nothing to get all pissy about, and it's part of our nation's history. Think of it as filler if it'll help you sleep at night..

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@toast_burner:

It had nothing to do with the Soviet Union. If you had been taught the history of the founding of this country and how much faith our founders had in God you would understand. Our founders were men of faith with out them and their faith this country would never have been founded. It is not chance that these men happen to share the same place and the same time in history. No other country can say that or has a country been founded where the people have such a say in their governing.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Whoa, I didn't even know it had four verses. o_O

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@bforrester420 said:

@vfibsux said:

This forum is such a liberal tool hole.

Social conservatives have, on average, a lower IQ than liberals according to numerous studies.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/millennial-media/201304/do-racism-conservatism-and-low-iq-go-hand-in-hand

Eh.....I don't know about that. I've known people that switched political parties. I don't think their IQ drastically changed.

Correlation doesn't equate to "all or nothing". It only speaks in generalities. I know some very intelligent conservatives and some very dumb liberals; but I know a lot more dumb conservatives than dumb liberals.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@JimB said:

@toast_burner:

It had nothing to do with the Soviet Union. If you had been taught the history of the founding of this country and how much faith our founders had in God you would understand. Our founders were men of faith with out them and their faith this country would never have been founded. It is not chance that these men happen to share the same place and the same time in history. No other country can say that or has a country been founded where the people have such a say in their governing.

It was added in 1954. Thats over 150 years after the founding fathers signed the deceleration of independence.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I think it's about time you Americans separate yourself from your religion, before the rest of us start considering you a state sponsored equivalent of Al Quaeda.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@GazaAli said:

@lostrib: @bforrester420: Ok I'll bite. The article that has been provided is a mess of misconceptions and unfounded assumptions. Frankly its utter nonsense, there's nothing scientific about it. It seems to be making two assumptions. First is that conservatism is inherently simple, uncritical and one-dimensional. That is simply not true. This certainly applies to mainstream conservatism, but there's nothing empirically suggestive that the ideology of conservatism in the academic or theoretical framework, that the ideology itself is simple, uncritical and one-dimensional. The sophisticated work of Robert Nozick comes to mind for instance. On the other hand, the article suggests that liberalism is intricate, critical and just a very sophisticated and complex ideology. What's the basis of this assumption? What inherent trait or characteristic that liberalism has and conservatism doesn't that makes the ideology of liberalism an exceptionally sophisticated and complex ideology? There's no evidence of this whatsoever. Just because liberalism concerns itself with fields like "gender studies" and "LGBT whatever" that doesn't automatically make it a sophisticated and complex ideology.

The second assumption the article makes is that mainstream liberals are smarter or more intellectual and critical than mainstream conservatives which is wrong, so wrong. That liberalism in general attracts people with higher cognitive abilities and IQ, roughly speaking. Let's for instance assume that liberalism is actually "smarter" as an ideology than conservatism. This does not automatically make the adherents of liberalism smarter by association. The average liberal is as smart, or as dumb as the average conservative. He or she does not go beyond "Everybody gets to have sex with anybody/anything, women rights and **** religion" attitudes, none of which requires any exceptional intellect or cognitive abilities. Its not like your average liberal is busy exposing him/herself to the work of liberal thinkers or the theories of liberalism. Look at it this way: the average person responds to his/her realization of intellectual inferiority, lacking the ability to introduce fresh value, diminished individuality and overall inability and impotence in two ways. He/she either accepts that realization and find comfort in the traditional and safe haven of mainstream conservatism or he/she tries to defy his/her mode of existence by associating himself with a seemingly more sophisticated and complex ideology that is being perceived as the ideology of the intellectual and superior of men, liberalism. So the average liberal and conservative are on the same cognitive and intellectual level.

I came to the conclusion that, on the topic of liberalism and conservatism, whoever professes to either ideologies is an idiot because none of the two has acquired the infallible wisdom or is the final stage of human civilization. And since most people profess to either, most people are equally idiots so no one in either sides of the isle gets to call the other an idiot.

...yeah I don't really give enough of a shit to read all that

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GazaAli

@lostrib said:

The more reason why the claim liberalism is more likely to attract people with higher IQ or better cognitive abilities is utter bullshit :)

Mainstream liberals most likely cannot go beyond the "Everybody gets to have sex with anybody/anything, women rights in the form of promiscuity and underdressing, and **** religion" none of which require any degree of intellect or higher faculties. So in essence, mainstream liberals are right on par with mainstream conservatives. Its just that they have different strokes.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lostrib

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

The more reason why the claim liberalism is more likely to attract people with higher IQ or better cognitive abilities is utter bullshit :)

Mainstream liberals most likely cannot go beyond the "Everybody gets to have sex with anybody/anything, women rights in the form of promiscuity and underdressing, and **** religion" none of which require any degree of intellect or higher faculties.

yeah, still don't give a shit

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#64 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

I think it's about time you Americans separate yourself from your religion, before the rest of us start considering you a state sponsored equivalent of Al Quaeda.

And then what? The rest of the world is full of pansies, you would just talk us to death anyway.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By bforrester420

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

Mainstream liberals most likely cannot go beyond the "Everybody gets to have sex with anybody/anything, women rights in the form of promiscuity and underdressing, and **** religion" none of which require any degree of intellect or higher faculties. So in essence, mainstream liberals are right on par with mainstream conservatives. Its just that they have different strokes.

What gives you the impression that lostrib is liberal?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GazaAli

@bforrester420 said:

@GazaAli said:

I've been around and interacted with him enough to know that.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lostrib

@bforrester420 said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

probably because I don't find anything wrong with homosexuals or their desire to get married

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GazaAli

@lostrib said:

@bforrester420 said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

probably because I don't find anything wrong with homosexuals or their desire to get married

Are you a liberal or not?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lostrib

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@bforrester420 said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

Uh, not if we use your definition of mainstream liberalism

"Everybody gets to have sex with anybody/anything, women rights in the form of promiscuity and underdressing, and **** religion"

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 bforrester420

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@bforrester420 said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

"Everybody gets to have sex with anybody/anything, women rights in the form of promiscuity and underdressing, and **** religion"

I guess by his definition, I'm liberal. I couldn't give a shit less about what two consenting adults (last I checked, a man and his dog aren't consenting adults) do in the privacy of their bedrooms. Religion limits us as a species.

If you're not victimizing someone or something else, mind your own fucking business. I really don't see how that's so difficult for some people.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GazaAli

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@bforrester420 said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

So what are you, enlighten me.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lostrib

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

What am i? Or do you mean what do I believe? And do you mean specifically on those topics in your "mainstream liberalism" definition

And why do you care?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By bforrester420

@GazaAli said:

Fiscal conservative, social liberal

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GazaAli

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

What am i? Or do you mean what do I believe? And do you mean specifically on those topics in your "mainstream liberalism" definition

And why do you care?

My question is very simple: Are you a liberal or not? If yes, how are you a liberal?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By GazaAli

@bforrester420 said:

I guess by his definition, I'm liberal. I couldn't give a shit less about what two consenting adults (last I checked, a man and his dog aren't consenting adults) do in the privacy of their bedrooms. Religion limits us as a species.

If you're not victimizing someone or something else, mind your own fucking business. I really don't see how that's so difficult for some people.

You're missing the point here. My point is not about the validity of liberalism, its about the claim that liberalism attracts people with higher IQ or better cognitive abilities. For instance, what you just described requires zero intellect or exertion of one's higher faculties, which is exactly the point I've been making all along.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lostrib

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

And why do you care?

My question is very simple: Are you a liberal or not? If yes, how are you a liberal?

I guess I would be considered socially liberal or at least moderate

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

They should keep it there for old tradition sake. Just like "land of the free"

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 bforrester420

@GazaAli said:

@bforrester420 said:

You're missing the point here. My point is not about the validity of liberalism, its about the claim that liberalism attracts people with higher IQ or better cognitive abilities. For instance, what you just described requires zero intellect or exertion of one's higher faculties, which is exactly the point I've been making all along.

The point isn't that liberalism attracts more people with higher IQs or better critical thinking skills, it's that conservatism attracts more people who lack in those mental faculties. Do you really think your garden variety Southern, Religious-Right social conservative really understands supply-side economics?

There are literally dozens of studies that show a correlation between higher education leading to higher tolerance of others and a lessening of religious belief.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700012472/Do-college-educated-people-become-liberal-or-conservative.html?pg=all

I was an Information Systems and Finance major, hardly your bastions of liberal indoctrination, so you can't really claim my professors turned me liberal.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

you will never make me quit singing it the right way.

"god god god of the jungle"

"strong as he can be."

aaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaa!"

watch out for that tree-ee-ee!"

WATCH OUT FOR THAT.... TREEEEEEE!"

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

you will never make me quit singing it the right way.

"god god god of the jungle"

"strong as he can be."

aaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaa!"

watch out for that tree-ee-ee!"

WATCH OUT FOR THAT.... TREEEEEEE!"

Godstones, meet the Godstones, they're the modern stoneage family. From the town of Godrock, they're a page right out of history.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#81 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

@lamprey263: The Star Spangled Banner has 4 verses. In the 4th, it has "And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"

So if they remove the part about "In God is our trust", they would probably have to remove "when our cause is just" because then the rhyme is gone.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#82 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@whipassmt said:

@-paranorman- said:

So if they remove the part about "In God is our trust", they would probably have to remove "when our cause is just" because then the rhyme is gone.

I thought we've been over this. That poem is the Battle Of Fort M'Henry, the Star Spangled Banner is the first verse of the poem put to music. The Star Spangled Banner, which is the National Anthem, does not make mention of God, the Battle Of Fort M'Henry does.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#83  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@whipassmt said:

@-paranorman- said:

I thought we've been over this. That poem is the Battle Of Fort M'Henry, the Star Spangled Banner is the first verse of the poem put to music. The Star Spangled Banner, which is the National Anthem, does not make mention of God, the Battle Of Fort M'Henry does.

I think I saw that distinction after I posted, or at least after I began posting.

GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts

Deism is almost a philosophical necessity, so I have no issue with it being there, but as others have noted it is a largely inconsequential part of the anthem so it doesn't particularly matter.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#85  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

As a european i say this: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOD. Never was, never will be. Its only a brainwash. So yeah, remove god in money and from song. This looks stupid. Europe looks at USA with wierd face, they all ask: "what the hell americans thinking, do they really brainwashed so much that they belive in god?"

While I don't know specifically from which country you reside, you do know that there is a country in Europe, The United Kingdom, that has a state sponsored and state endorsed religious institution, the Anglican Church of which the Queen is the head. The United States has no such politically endorsed religious institution.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@ferrari2001 Not to mention that most Europeans are religious and not atheists.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

Nah it should stay for...wait, who cares?? This is of no concern compared to fixing the economy, etc.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#88  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I don't really care either way.

It will have no negative or positive effect on me because the amount of shits I give about America is very little. Always getting your jimmies rustled over bullshit that doesn't matter. Time to think rational and do what is right.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@vfibsux said:

Even if you do not believe in God there is such a thing as culture and tradition. You can embrace Christian values without being a Christian. But of course this is not what American culture is anymore, we have gone from Christian values to being labeled a hero for coming out as being gay. Progress is defined by how many states legalize pot and gay marriage. This country has been turned upside down by the current regime and their minority of heathens. We need to take this country back, deport all of you leftists to California, and hope it sinks into the sea in the near future.

How Christian of you.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#90 t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

This country was born with an incentive to be free of religious constrictions, and I've always thought that the fact they even put that in there in the early 1900's was going directly against what this country was about.

So yes I believe it should be removed since it never should have been there in the first place. Same with the "In god we trust" on money as well.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By lostrib

@ferrari2001 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

As a european i say this: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOD. Never was, never will be. Its only a brainwash. So yeah, remove god in money and from song. This looks stupid. Europe looks at USA with wierd face, they all ask: "what the hell americans thinking, do they really brainwashed so much that they belive in god?"

While I don't know specifically from which country you reside, you do know that there is a country in Europe, The United Kingdom, that has a state sponsored and state endorsed religious institution, the Anglican Church of which the Queen is the head. The United States has no such politically endorsed religious institution.

Also, the Vatican is in Europe...that's kind of a big deal in Catholicism, or so I'm told

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@bforrester420: Religions limits us as a species? Limits us from what?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By bforrester420

@sherman-tank1 said:

@bforrester420: Religions limits us as a species? Limits us from what?

Do you really have to ask that? Look at how religion as acted to limit knowledge though out human history. Galileo, Copernicus, race relations, the Holocaust, religious extremism...I could go on but you should get the point.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

@DaBrainz said:

Never understood people being offended by religion.

It's not really the religion itself, it's the peoples actions based on those religions that can be offending.
There are however gruesome, atrocious things described in holy scriptures of several religions.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

I have "God" in my anthem and I don't really care. My anthem is pretty stupid all around. What do thy sons command? What rise are we seeing? What makes our country any more "true" than another Northern country? Can we stop standing on guard, and sit the **** down? Oh, Canada..

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
@vl4d_l3nin said:

I have "God" in my anthem and I don't really care. My anthem is pretty stupid all around. What do thy sons command? What rise are we seeing? What makes our country any more "true" than another Northern country? Can we stop standing on guard, and sit the **** down? Oh, Canada..

lol, being a hockey fan I'v heard Canada's national anthem many times, but I never really though about it like that. It really doesn't make any sense.

As for the topic, I don't really care if it's there. I'd rather it not be, but it doesn't affect me in any way shape or form.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@bforrester420: Ok. However without religion I feel that there would be a much larger lack of morals.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#98 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

When it comes to the common citizenry though, the US population is generally a lot more religious than the UK population.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

While the Uk is officially a Christian country. Not that many people are religious, if I recall correctly only about 6% attend church.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 bforrester420

@sherman-tank1 said:

@bforrester420: Ok. However without religion I feel that there would be a much larger lack of morals.

Society dictates morality, not religion.