Are you sick of video games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by racer8dan (7093 posts) -

I used to play games every chance I got, but now, I havn't played a game in over few months and haven't finished one even longer. It seems games REALLY have to do something unique to keep my attention, I just seems to get bored with them very quickly. Oblivion was the last game I played hardcore.

#2 Posted by dave123321 (34484 posts) -
Not at all.
#3 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

No Sir, I am not.

#4 Posted by Strider_91 (6570 posts) -
Nope, not at all.. as into them as i've been
#5 Posted by Zerocrossings (7988 posts) -

A little. Sometimes i just feel i have more important things to do.

#6 Posted by wstfld (6376 posts) -
Just got a PSP Go in the mail last week. I can't stop playing Patapon 2.
#7 Posted by TehFuneral (8089 posts) -

Now why would i be sick of video games?

#8 Posted by todd2r (2615 posts) -

im not getting sick but im starting to lose my interesta little, but hopefully Red Dead Redemption will bring back the excitement. ive just been working soooo much i havent had time to play anything. the only thing thats been in my ps3 for the past couple months has been The Hangover Blu-ray....

#9 Posted by Xorital (926 posts) -

i've been playing games for 17 years I doubt it'll decline on me anytime soon

#10 Posted by bobbetybob (19308 posts) -
I'd be pretty ****ed if I was since I'm currently learning how to make them =p
#11 Posted by Too_tight_shoes (2486 posts) -
Im not sick of them I just don't excited over them as I use to when I was young now I just play them when I can, I remember planning out my day around the release of a game and spending all day playing it now I struggle to play the same game for an hour before turning the console or PC off.
#12 Posted by spazzx625 (43432 posts) -
Not in the slightest.
#13 Posted by jrnhanie0310 (15177 posts) -

no i'm not

#14 Posted by MushroomWig (11624 posts) -

No way. :P

#15 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -
Not exactly, but I do have fairly large gaming slumps, and pretty frequently.
#16 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -
Not really...but girls and my guitar interest me more now.
#17 Posted by sonicare (53740 posts) -

Not the good ones.

#18 Posted by BonsaiMet (542 posts) -
I don't play them nearly as much as I once did. I have a 360 and a PSP and I play my PSP more which I've had for a shorter time. I seem to go through patches where lots of stuff just bore me and I find it hard to keep myself busy. I have loads and loads of DVD's but have seen them all dozens of times each. I want a PS2 as I want to relive all the classic games on that. I used to have a PS2 with over 70 games, now I have 3 games for my 360 and 9 for my PSP. I think to that overall, games just aren't as fun as they used to be.
#19 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Not the good ones.

sonicare

This is how it is for me. My standards and taste in videogames has changed quite a bit. I generally won't buy single player games anymore and I generally won't even waste my time playing a game that doesn't at least average at least an 8.5+ review.

#20 Posted by Jandurin (95552 posts) -
i am not sick of video games
#21 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
Kind of.
#22 Posted by MushroomWig (11624 posts) -
I generally won't even waste my time playing a game that doesn't at least average at least an 8.5+ review.Pirate700
You've got to me joking me, you're basically saying that you let other people tell you what to play and what not to play.
#23 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"] I generally won't even waste my time playing a game that doesn't at least average at least an 8.5+ review.MushroomWig
You've got to me joking me, you're basically saying that you let other people tell you what to play and what not to play.

Not really. I don't have the time nor do I want to spend the funds on games that the mass of reviewers don't like. Games are way too expensive now to be wasting money on ones that may or may not suck. Like I said, my standards are much higher now.

#24 Posted by Zerocrossings (7988 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"] I generally won't even waste my time playing a game that doesn't at least average at least an 8.5+ review.MushroomWig

Well, some people dont have the time for trial and error. So might as well go with something that has a higher chance of being good. I can totally understand if thats the case.

#25 Posted by racer8dan (7093 posts) -

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="Pirate700"] I generally won't even waste my time playing a game that doesn't at least average at least an 8.5+ review.Pirate700

Not really. I don't have the time nor do I want to spend the funds on games that the mass of reviewers don't like. Games are way too expensive now to be wasting money on ones that may or may not suck. Like I said, my standards are much higher now.

If I do by a game, I usually wait a year and then buy it on ebay, unless its a game I want to play online then I buy it straight away on ebay, I don't buy new games from retail stores anymore.

#26 Posted by MushroomWig (11624 posts) -

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="Pirate700"] I generally won't even waste my time playing a game that doesn't at least average at least an 8.5+ review.Pirate700

Not really. I don't have the time nor do I want to spend the funds on games that the mass of reviewers don't like.>

Reviews are opinion, nothing more. You're probably missing out on games you'd actually enjoy because you're allowing other people tell you what THEY didn't like.

#27 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -
yes. Need more GTA games that are lame like the one after SA. and more Zelda games. I never get bored of those two games so long as they are good
#28 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"] You've got to me joking me, you're basically saying that you let other people tell you what to play and what not to play.MushroomWig

Not really. I don't have the time nor do I want to spend the funds on games that the mass of reviewers don't like.>

Reviews are opinion, nothing more. You're probably missing out on games you'd actually enjoy because you're allowing other people tell you what THEY didn't like.

Thanks for filling me in. I had no idea what reviews were till now.

#29 Posted by MushroomWig (11624 posts) -

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Not really. I don't have the time nor do I want to spend the funds on games that the mass of reviewers don't like.>Pirate700

Then you agree with me, you agree that you could be missing out on something you'd really enjoy because they reviewed it less than 8.5.
#30 Posted by JohnnyWPSP (1943 posts) -

No, not at all.

#31 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"] Reviews are opinion, nothing more. You're probably missing out on games you'd actually enjoy because you're allowing other people tell you what THEY didn't like.

MushroomWig

Then you agree with me, you agree that you could be missing out on something you'd really enjoy because they reviewed it less than 8.5.

Yes I do know that. That's why I said I don't want to gamble on games anymore. As in it may be good, but it probably won't with low reviews. I stick with the games that have the best chance of being enjoyable for my time and money.

#32 Posted by btaylor2404 (11353 posts) -
Not at all. Now I go thru phases where I limit my gaming, but I still am a gamer at heart.
#33 Posted by mitu123 (154694 posts) -

Seeing what 2010(and previous years) offers, no way in hell, if anything I'm sick of TV.

#34 Posted by jpph (3337 posts) -

no, I'm off them for the moment cos I'm finishing high school/secondary school soon and i have tonnes of study to do for the final exams. I can't wait to play them again

#35 Posted by Beard_ (1066 posts) -

I play less than I used to, but I'm in no way getting sick of it.

#36 Posted by tekken220 (5105 posts) -
If I am sick of video games, I wouldn't even be here now.
#37 Posted by racer8dan (7093 posts) -

If I am sick of video games, I wouldn't even be here now.tekken220
You do realise your in the "off topic" forums right? :P

#38 Posted by darkspineslayer (20760 posts) -
nope, only reason my consoles have been getting ignored is the fact i'm playing me some pokemon
#39 Posted by t3hrubikscube (20416 posts) -
Nope. I haven't been playing them as much lately, but that's only because I've been kind of busy.
#40 Posted by MushroomWig (11624 posts) -
If I am sick of video games, I wouldn't even be here now.tekken220
Off-Topic is where I go if I want to get away from gaming. :)
#41 Posted by depend3ncy (623 posts) -

No, but i dont play for very long lately.

#42 Posted by Teenaged (31748 posts) -

No. But I am sick of being almost literally the last one to buy a new gen console.

And I dont mean that I feel left out but mane great games are very difficult to be found if years go by.

#43 Posted by Lto_thaG (22611 posts) -

I just bought Episodes of LC and The Orange Box...I'm not sick of them.

#44 Posted by wstfld (6376 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"] You've got to me joking me, you're basically saying that you let other people tell you what to play and what not to play.MushroomWig

Are you supposed to play every game in every genre that you enjoy? I don't understand how you're supposed to choose what games to buy when there are piles and piles of titles released on a monthly basis.
#45 Posted by needled24-7 (15902 posts) -

i'm not sick of playing them, but i AM sick of getting pissed off at MW2 multiplayer.

#46 Posted by tocool340 (20685 posts) -
No. I honestly wish I can play more often....
#47 Posted by MushroomWig (11624 posts) -
Are you supposed to play every game in every genre that you enjoy? wstfld
Sure, that's why it's your favourite genre. Obviously you're not going to enjoy every game but how will you know without even trying it?
#48 Posted by Sky- (4632 posts) -

No, but I am sick of mainstream musi, fake football (NFL), and films. >.>

#49 Posted by Darksonic666 (3482 posts) -

Am I sick of games no of course not but do I get a little tired of them yeah sure sometimes they do make me a little bored

#50 Posted by Lto_thaG (22611 posts) -

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

Not the good ones.

Pirate700

This is how it is for me. My standards and taste in videogames has changed quite a bit. I generally won't buy single player games anymore and I generally won't even waste my time playing a game that doesn't at least average at least an 8.5+ review.

Also this.I'm looking at reviews a lot more now.Very useful.