Are you religious or non religious OT ?

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts

Non-Religious. Agnostic, I guess, but I just don't really care.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

Not religious at all...

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Not religious in the slightest, which really pisses off my family.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
@hippiesanta said:

Atheist and Al-Qaeda (they are brothers in bed...lol)

lolque

Avatar image for deactivated-5d693385560c3
deactivated-5d693385560c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5d693385560c3
Member since 2012 • 666 Posts

Religious.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@-Sun_Tzu- said:
@hippiesanta said:

Atheist and Al-Qaeda (they are brothers in bed...lol)

lolque

HeHe

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

@THUMPTABLE said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Religious, but I don't go to church every Sunday. To think that we're here by accident is pretty stupid imo. Also how was the universe created? A big bang out of nowhere? I really don't think so. I'm not trying to debate this either lol, just a heads up.

Just to say 'god did it' is far worse!

Whatever you say bud.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17851 Posts

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Also how was the universe created? A big bang out of nowhere? I really don't think so.

That just moves the goalpost to "how was God created?" Same problem, different noun.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
@br0kenrabbit said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Also how was the universe created? A big bang out of nowhere? I really don't think so.

That just moves the goalpost to "how was God created?" Same problem, different noun.

Nah God's eternal or some BS.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@hippiesanta said:

Not so religious but respect other's believe

but I hate the attitude of some group of Atheist and Al-Qaeda (they are brothers in bed...lol) who thinks they are better than others

Funny, I get that sense from Christians all the time. Mostly when they tell me I'm going to hell.

the Catholic/Anglican or old skool xtians usually wont say you are going to hell (at least non american) It could be from some evengelical baptist cults (made in america) who usually say that kind of thing.

It's always the americans ... lol

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#61 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1169 Posts

I've been to church on rare occasions, so I would say 0.5-1% religious. I believe religion serves a function, but I don't agree with every rule.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63  Edited By THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2354 Posts

@Braun_Roid_Rage:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@THUMPTABLE said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Religious, but I don't go to church every Sunday. To think that we're here by accident is pretty stupid imo. Also how was the universe created? A big bang out of nowhere? I really don't think so. I'm not trying to debate this either lol, just a heads up.

Just to say 'god did it' is far worse!

Whatever you say bud.

No worries yank.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#65  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Non Religious

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Non-religious.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

Agnostic

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By indzman

I wonder why modern generation is against religion or dosen'tve faith in anything ? Their dads , moms , grandfathers , grandmothers beleived in religion and haven't done bad in lives raising children.I'm myself a moden guy preferring sex , money , fast life yet i still've faith in god and religion. Its not that religion helps me become rich or i get promotion worshipping god. But yes it brings peace to my mind following what my elders always followed as in no why they were stupid compared to us.Following religion dosen't make me extremist or fanatic or disliking others religion. Those who do are crazy.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@indzman:

*because those who are against religion are like girls who look up to barbie dolls ...... it's all about trending ...... barbie is so cool. barbie is an atheist ...ohhh I want to be like barbie

*** some other example:

>> all my friend playing COD online on xbox ..... I too want an xbox ... (words can be switch to) .............. all my friend are atheist ..... I too want to look cool like my atheist friend

>> My mom and dad are old fashion and don't wear jeans ..... I'm ashamed of them and dislike their believes

>> tom cruise is sooo handsome .... I want to join Scientology and admire tom...

>> Madonna who fight for gay rights is a Kaballalala .... I think i'm into kabala too

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@indzman said:

I wonder why modern generation is against religion or dosen'tve faith in anything ? Their dads , moms , grandfathers , grandmothers beleived in religion and haven't done bad in lives raising children.I'm myself a moden guy preferring sex , money , fast life yet i still've faith in god and religion. Its not that religion helps me become rich or i get promotion worshipping god. But yes it brings peace to my mind following what my elders always followed as in no why they were stupid compared to us.Following religion dosen't make me extremist or fanatic or disliking others religion. Those who do are crazy.

The newer generation have access to more information than older generations due to the rise of the internet, and in most 1st World Countries religion has not been pushed upon children at a young age, so young they cannot form there own decision in many cases.

So Religion is less prominent than it used to be, and that's good, it does not serve a worthy purpose in modern day other than interfere with Politics and Science.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: I bet there is not one Christian who has told you your going to hell, even on these chat rooms, but how many Christians/religious persons have you told they are Stupid,and disrespected them for there beliefs. A bunch lol

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@indzman said:

Like it says in the bible. The world will start to turn against religion, which is what you see happening everyday. Just one of many things written in the bible that I see coming true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@indzman said:

Like it says in the bible. The world will start to turn against religion, which is what you see happening everyday. Just one of many things written in the bible that I see coming true.

Are you really that stupid? If I say latter today the sun will set, does that mean I must be a prophet?

Predicting that at one point in a an infinite amount of time that people will stop believing in the bible, isn't prophecy. It's pretty much guaranteed to happen. If it gave an exact date for something to happen, then it would be a little more credible, but just saying something will happen at some point in the future means nothing. Of course it will happen, any idiot could predict that.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@limpbizkit818 said:

@bforrester420 said:

Agnostic...I don't know and neither do you.

Lame. Get your pitchfork and pick a side.

I try to be intellectually honest

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 indzman

Good for them not beleiving in religion , they must've thier own good reasons and i respect that. I guess i'm not stopping following my religion no matter what :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@ariabed said:

@br0kenrabbit: I bet there is not one Christian who has told you your going to hell, even on these chat rooms, but how many Christians/religious persons have you told they are Stupid,and disrespected them for there beliefs. A bunch lol

You must live a really sheltered life.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AmazonTreeBoa

@indzman said:

Good for them not beleiving in religion , they must've thier own good reasons and i respect that. I guess i'm not stopping following my religion no matter what :)

No I don't mean they simply don't believe in god and aren't religious. I mean they actually go out of their way to attack it and it's people. Put a cross up in your own yard these days and you have people crying like bitches over it.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By indzman

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@indzman said:

No I don't mean they simply don't believe in god and aren't religious. I mean they actually go out of their way to attack it and it's people. Put a cross up in your own yard these days and you have people crying like bitches over it.

Yup so true, some atheists attack religious people badly specially on online forums which i've noticed , its uncalled for as one should respect other religious or not religious.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#79 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@indzman said:

But yes it brings peace to my mind following what my elders always followed as in no why they were stupid compared to us.

Maybe because I already have peace of mind without following what my elders always followed.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#80  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

i go to church once or twice a week

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@elkoldo said:

@LexLas said:

Religion is good, provides belief, which is good for the mind, body, and soul.

and false ,airy ,unsubstantial hope.

I guarantee the person without this false, airy, unsubstantial hope will fall and break sooner then a believer any given day, or challenge in life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Religious in the sense that I find studying it to be interesting but I don't have any beliefs. I guess I would be Agnostic because I am ultimately indifferent to whether or not a God exists.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@LexLas said:

@elkoldo said:

@LexLas said:

Religion is good, provides belief, which is good for the mind, body, and soul.

and false ,airy ,unsubstantial hope.

I guarantee the person without this false, airy, unsubstantial hope will fall and break sooner then a believer any given day, or challenge in life.

actually I would imagine the person who doesn't need religion to have something to believe in and is healthy in "mind, body, and soul" would be able to continue on longer.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@toast_burner: there's a link to an article on Facebook talking about new proof of Big Bang. In the comments most atheist were giving religious people abuse and insults for there beliefs, the religious people were not giving abuse, they were just questioning the evidence in a civilised manor and all they got in reply was insults.

RenegadeSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 RenegadeSteve
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@indzman said:

You do know Tyler Durden in Fight Club told his club members the same thing right... lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@ariabed said:

@toast_burner: there's a link to an article on Facebook talking about new proof of Big Bang. In the comments most atheist were giving religious people abuse and insults for there beliefs, the religious people were not giving abuse, they were just questioning the evidence in a civilised manor and all they got in reply was insults.

So because one random facebook comment didn't have Christians insulting people that means none do? You really are cut off from the real world.

And are you implying that only atheists believe in the big bang? The universe expanding is an undeniable fact regardless of your religious beliefs. Many Christians accept the big bang theory. It is an explanation of how the universe formed, not how it was created of why.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ariabed said:

yes there are atheists that are assholes. There are also a fair number of christians that are assholes.

This should not be surprising to anyone

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@toast_burner said:

@ariabed said:

Anything more in your repertoire of baseless, asinine assumptions? We're here all day.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@ariabed said:

I'm glad to hear you've been living life over my shoulder, but somehow haven't managed to pick up a damn thing.

BTW, it's 'you're'.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#90 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Atheist. I can fake Calvinist really well though.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 AmazonTreeBoa

@br0kenrabbit said:

@toast_burner said:

@ariabed said:

Anything more in your repertoire of baseless, asinine assumptions? We're here all day.

He is a moron. I don't even bother reading his post anymore, let alone reply to them. You would be better off doing the same.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 AmazonTreeBoa

@renegadesteve said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@indzman said:

You do know Tyler Durden in Fight Club told his club members the same thing right... lol

Um...okay. Not sure of your reason for telling me that, but good for Tyler Durden and Fight Club I guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@br0kenrabbit said:

@toast_burner said:

@ariabed said:

How is it baseless? If you think that there isn't any Christians who are also arseholes then you must be living a sheltered life. Arseholes are very common regardless of their religious beliefs.

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#95  Edited By Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

Religious. Regular church-goer. Go ahead, make fun. Doesn't bother me.

i don't believe you'll go to hell, just that you don't get to go to heaven. And that's a pity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6933395c33c
deactivated-5d6933395c33c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By deactivated-5d6933395c33c
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

@Detroit222 said:

i don't believe you'll go to hell, just that you don't get to go to heaven. And that's a pity.

If someone doesn't go to Heaven or Hell, where do they go?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 br0kenrabbit

@toast_burner said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@toast_burner said:

@ariabed said:

How is it baseless? If you think that there isn't any Christians who are also arseholes then you must be living a sheltered life. Arseholes are very common regardless of their religious beliefs.

Sorry, I screwed that quote chain up, or someone else did. I was replying to ariabed.

And I agree with you. Christians can stand behind the pulpit, or get on TV early AM and half the day Sunday and condemn everyone, and that's okay. If anyone says anything bad about Christians, they suddenly act like they're the ones suffering a sustained siege.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

I do believe that there is some God but I don't actively practice any religion.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#99  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Non religious but I don't have a problem with religion.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

Religious Muslim, but I'm not super strict. And no, I'm not one of those people who think "God everything," I'm very liberal when it comes to new ideas in science and philosophy. Hell, Black Holes are mentioned in my religion ^^