Are you religious or non religious OT ?

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by indzman (16489 posts) -

My whole family including me are god fearing religious people.

Are you religious or non religious OT ?

#2 Edited by toast_burner (21142 posts) -

Non-religious

#3 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16484 posts) -

I don't go to church or anything like that and haven't in decades, but yes I believe there is a god more than I don't. Seeing everything coming true that I read in the bible as a kid is scary and makes me kinda look at nonbelievers as fools.

#4 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

Strict religious. but not extremist.

#5 Edited by indzman (16489 posts) -

I don't go to church or anything like that and haven't in decades, but yes I believe there is a god more than I don't. Seeing everything coming true that I read in the bible as a kid is scary and makes me kinda look at nonbelievers as fools.

I thought you were a atheist lol.

#6 Posted by toast_burner (21142 posts) -

Didn't you say before that slavery is ok due to your religious beliefs? I recall you listing slaves running away from their masters (or something along those lines) as one of the top 100 worst things.

#7 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -

non-religious, probably due to being forced to have to go to church every week for 15 years or so.

#8 Posted by indzman (16489 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

Didn't you say before that slavery is ok due to your religious beliefs? I recall you listing slaves running away from their masters (or something along those lines) as one of the top 100 worst things.

ROFL, he really said that ? =P

#9 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

Nah. i never.

what i said was refer to those ppls who were criminals who become prisnor of war. and prisnor of war should not be treat harmfully.

i think u misunderstand me.

#10 Posted by deeliman (2263 posts) -

Care to name a few examples?

#11 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

I'd say I'm religious yes. I find it peculiar though that many people would say I'm not religious, and just as many would say I'm a fundamentalist.

#12 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2155 posts) -

I don't believe in any of that stuff.

#13 Posted by Master_Live (13658 posts) -

Non-religious, non-believer.

#14 Posted by Korvus (2467 posts) -

Raised as a Catholic but now...non-religious I guess, but not really atheist either. I just don't really care if there's a God, no God, many Gods or a pasta monster. Everything's possible. *Plays Twilight Zone Theme*

#15 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16484 posts) -

@indzman said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I thought you were a atheist lol.

Oh no. When I was a kid, I went through that phase.

#16 Posted by geniobastardo (944 posts) -

Religious. Not an extremist though.

#17 Posted by pyro1245 (307 posts) -

i fear no gods nor men

#18 Posted by johnd13 (7820 posts) -

Religious though I don't follow most of the "rules" like going to church etc. I was raised in a similar environment and my parents are pretty much the same and never forced me to do anything I didn't feel like.

#19 Posted by PonchoTaco (1905 posts) -

Religious. Church every Sunday and Wednesday night (unless work holds me late).

#20 Posted by lostrib (31843 posts) -

I don't go to church

#21 Posted by m25105 (3135 posts) -

Religious.

#22 Posted by toast_burner (21142 posts) -

can you give any examples of things coming true that are in the bible? or are you just talking out your arse as usual?

#23 Posted by one_plum (6305 posts) -

Wasn't raised religious. That shaped my atheistic worldview. Though I'm fascinated by other people's religious culture: rituals, architecture, etc...

#24 Posted by konvikt_17 (22108 posts) -

non religious.

My grandma on my moms side of the family doesnt like that, and tries to make me believe in god. pisses me off. every time i visit her, that always comes up.

i dont visit her as often now.

#25 Posted by bforrester420 (1047 posts) -

Agnostic...I don't know and neither do you.

#26 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

can you give any examples of things coming true that are in the bible? or are you just talking out your arse as usual?

#27 Edited by plageus900 (935 posts) -
#28 Posted by CR00K (2644 posts) -

PREACH!

#29 Posted by Kevlar101 (5974 posts) -

I'm Agnostic.

#30 Edited by Boddicker (2283 posts) -

Agnostic

#31 Edited by Celldrax (14532 posts) -

Completely non-religious.

#32 Posted by LexLas (4163 posts) -

Religion is good, provides belief, which is good for the mind, body, and soul.

#33 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Non religious, but I believe in a creator, but not in a being who wishes to be worshipped.

#34 Posted by bforrester420 (1047 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

He'll probably cite war and famine and crap that has been happening throughout the course of human history. He'll also ignore the fact that because it's in the Bible, believers have been actively attempting to ensure the prophecies come true.

#35 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (704 posts) -

Religious, but I don't go to church every Sunday. To think that we're here by accident is pretty stupid imo. Also how was the universe created? A big bang out of nowhere? I really don't think so. I'm not trying to debate this either lol, just a heads up.

#36 Edited by elkoldo (935 posts) -

@LexLas said:

Religion is good, provides belief, which is good for the mind, body, and soul.

and false ,airy ,unsubstantial hope.

#37 Posted by Master_Live (13658 posts) -

Non religious, but I believe in a creator, but not in a being who wishes to be worshipped.

Tell us more k.

#38 Posted by GamerForca (7070 posts) -

Non-religious, agnostic.

#39 Posted by -Sun_Tzu- (17317 posts) -

I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself. We are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everbody's nobody. I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing. Walk hand in hand into extinction. One last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

#40 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15026 posts) -

Lame. Get your pitchfork and pick a side.

#41 Edited by Skyz_ (56 posts) -

I believe in some sort of higher power, but I don't follow any particular religion so non-religious I guess...

#42 Posted by airshocker (28344 posts) -

I'm agnostic. Definitely not as anti-religion as some of the crazies on these forums, though.

#43 Posted by -Toshy- (1349 posts) -

Non religious. More apathetic, really.

#44 Posted by lonewolf604 (8513 posts) -

I am non-religious. Ironic since I still go to church, and play the piano for church service....I'm beginning to go less and less. But I've known these people since I was young, and its really hard to let go. Religion aside, they are great people, and without them there is a huge hole in my life. It just sucks that everything that has led up to this point has made me "hate" religion.

#45 Posted by TheFlush (5419 posts) -

I'm an agnostic atheist.

#46 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12683 posts) -

I tried for a long time to believe in religion, but it just seems to go against every logical conclusion I can form given the observable evidence.

#47 Posted by THUMPTABLE (1806 posts) -

Religious, but I don't go to church every Sunday. To think that we're here by accident is pretty stupid imo. Also how was the universe created? A big bang out of nowhere? I really don't think so. I'm not trying to debate this either lol, just a heads up.

Just to say 'god did it' is far worse!

#48 Posted by gkalns2311 (41 posts) -

I believe in god and consider myself religious but I don't really believe in churches. I just don't see anything special about them, they are just building in my eyes and nothing more. They weren't around when Jesus walked the earth. ANY place can be a church, my room, a secluded area in the woods, while in a plane; He is everywhere.

I just get aggravated if and when I do go to church because all that happens is sitting, kneeling, standing, recite this, say this when the priest says that. It's all very boring to me as well it having the feel that people go through the motions there and do it just to look good in front of others, because it's "what I have to do."

I doubt Jesus had anyone doing excercises while preaching atop a stone. He told stories, delivered messages, and really connected with people. I feel like that's how it really should be, not as up tight and seemingly on auto pilot. This is how I feel.

#49 Posted by hippiesanta (9735 posts) -

Not so religious but respect other's believe

but I hate the attitude of some group of Atheist and Al-Qaeda (they are brothers in bed...lol) who thinks they are better than others

#50 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12683 posts) -

Not so religious but respect other's believe

but I hate the attitude of some group of Atheist and Al-Qaeda (they are brothers in bed...lol) who thinks they are better than others

Funny, I get that sense from Christians all the time. Mostly when they tell me I'm going to hell.