Are you muslim, buddhist or jewish?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts

if you are i would REALLY appreciate so simple information for my religion homework. could you simply tell me of a religious holiday that your religion celebrates and name a simple food(something easy to prepare or cheap to buy) that you eat at that holiday. the food has to have some sort of religious connection to the holiday (similar to how we Christians eat bread at church because it symbolises the body of Christ).
Thank you in advance.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts
I'm Muddish.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
deactivated-5e7f221e304c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
Member since 2004 • 14645 Posts
Do your own homework.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Try Wikipedia.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
There is this little thing called google, use it.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I'm Muddish.Dracargen

I'm Oddish.

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 worthyofnote
Member since 2007 • 21896 Posts

There is this little thing called google, use it.bededog
Well said.

Buddhist btw.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#8 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Jewlludah
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
I'm an atheist who does his own homework...
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
Before this thread gets locked... for Muslims, Eid al Fitr and Eid al Udha are the two main religious holidays. Both of which dates play a major role. Of the Eid's surrounds the concepts begun by Moses (as does much of Islam), specifically fasting. While the other revolves around the story of Abraham, which includes the Hajj, leaving Hajar stranded in the desert, the "sacrafice" of his son Ishmael. Word.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
deactivated-5e7f221e304c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
Member since 2004 • 14645 Posts
[QUOTE="Dracargen"]I'm Muddish.foxhound_fox

I'm Oddish.

That's a pretty Farfetch'd religion.
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blitz_Nemesis
Before this thread gets locked... for Muslims, Eid al Fitr and Eid al Udha are the two main religious holidays. Both of which dates play a major role. Of the Eid's surrounds the concepts begun by Moses (as does much of Islam), specifically fasting. While the other revolves around the story of Abraham, which includes the Hajj, leaving Hajar stranded in the desert, the "sacrafice" of his son Ishmael. Word.rimnet00
Ok thanks, thats great. Any specific foods they eat for these holidays? im talking simple foods like some kinda specific bread or something.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rimnet00

[QUOTE="rimnet00"]Before this thread gets locked... for Muslims, Eid al Fitr and Eid al Udha are the two main religious holidays. Both of which dates play a major role. Of the Eid's surrounds the concepts begun by Moses (as does much of Islam), specifically fasting. While the other revolves around the story of Abraham, which includes the Hajj, leaving Hajar stranded in the desert, the "sacrafice" of his son Ishmael. Word.Blitz_Nemesis
Ok thanks, thats great. Any specific foods they eat for these holidays? im talking simple foods like some kinda specific bread or something.

Dates. A fruit which holds significance in the Abrahamic religions, mostly due to the origins of all three being in the Middle East. Whether it's when Marium/Mary (ra) eating eat prior to the birth of Isa/Jesus (as), or the Muhammed (sas) eating it to break his fast.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blitz_Nemesis

[QUOTE="Blitz_Nemesis"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]Before this thread gets locked... for Muslims, Eid al Fitr and Eid al Udha are the two main religious holidays. Both of which dates play a major role. Of the Eid's surrounds the concepts begun by Moses (as does much of Islam), specifically fasting. While the other revolves around the story of Abraham, which includes the Hajj, leaving Hajar stranded in the desert, the "sacrafice" of his son Ishmael. Word.rimnet00

Dates. A fruit which holds significance in the Abrahamic religions, mostly due to the origins of all three being in the Middle East. Whether it's when Marium/Mary (ra) eating eat prior to the birth of Isa/Jesus (as), or the Muhammed (sas) eating it to break his fast.

THANKS YOU VERY MUCH. you were of much help
Avatar image for hot_juicy_steak
hot_juicy_steak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hot_juicy_steak
Member since 2008 • 1096 Posts
i be buddist
Avatar image for Sargatanas13576
Sargatanas13576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sargatanas13576
Member since 2007 • 1381 Posts
Damn guys, he just asked for a little help. Last time I checked talking to people was a form of research so he is "doing his homework." Not so rough on the kid. I'd love to help you pal but I'm an atheist. PEACE 8)
Avatar image for Sargatanas13576
Sargatanas13576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sargatanas13576
Member since 2007 • 1381 Posts
Borat? Is that you?
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

[QUOTE="Blitz_Nemesis"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]Before this thread gets locked... for Muslims, Eid al Fitr and Eid al Udha are the two main religious holidays. Both of which dates play a major role. Of the Eid's surrounds the concepts begun by Moses (as does much of Islam), specifically fasting. While the other revolves around the story of Abraham, which includes the Hajj, leaving Hajar stranded in the desert, the "sacrafice" of his son Ishmael. Word.rimnet00

There is also a certain drink, but I can't recall the name because it tastes nasty...>_>

UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts

Do your own homework. jaydough

Yes, please do. :P

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rimnet00
[QUOTE="rimnet00"]

[QUOTE="Blitz_Nemesis"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]Before this thread gets locked... for Muslims, Eid al Fitr and Eid al Udha are the two main religious holidays. Both of which dates play a major role. Of the Eid's surrounds the concepts begun by Moses (as does much of Islam), specifically fasting. While the other revolves around the story of Abraham, which includes the Hajj, leaving Hajar stranded in the desert, the "sacrafice" of his son Ishmael. Word.The_Ish

There is also a certain drink, but I can't recall the name because it tastes nasty...>_>

I don't think so. Unless you mean water. You may be thinking of a cultural drink, versus one that is embbed into the religion.

KILLANINJADUCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KILLANINJADUCK
Member since 2007 • 762 Posts
lol at farfetched
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Ish

I don't think so. Unless you mean water. You may be thinking of a cultural drink, versus one that is embbed into the religion.

rimnet00

I just checked it up, and your right. My father is an idiot (he insisted that it was a religious drink, I feel stupid for believing him, I can usually tell when he is BSing about the religion and when he isn't).

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
I'll be a Jew. oy vey.
faisal123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 faisal123456
Member since 2008 • 219 Posts
[QUOTE="faisal123456"]

[QUOTE="Blitz_Nemesis"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]Before this thread gets locked... for Muslims, Eid al Fitr and Eid al Udha are the two main religious holidays. Both of which dates play a major role. Of the Eid's surrounds the concepts begun by Moses (as does much of Islam), specifically fasting. While the other revolves around the story of Abraham, which includes the Hajj, leaving Hajar stranded in the desert, the "sacrafice" of his son Ishmael. Word.Dracargen

Jews must take bread and mix non-jew blood with it and eat it.

:|:question::|

Are you serious?

yes just google it

Spartan_385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Spartan_385
Member since 2007 • 5195 Posts
Smurfish
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Ish
[QUOTE="Dracargen"][QUOTE="faisal123456"]

[QUOTE="Blitz_Nemesis"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]Before this thread gets locked... for Muslims, Eid al Fitr and Eid al Udha are the two main religious holidays. Both of which dates play a major role. Of the Eid's surrounds the concepts begun by Moses (as does much of Islam), specifically fasting. While the other revolves around the story of Abraham, which includes the Hajj, leaving Hajar stranded in the desert, the "sacrafice" of his son Ishmael. Word.faisal123456

Jews must take bread and mix non-jew blood with it and eat it.

:|:question::|

Are you serious?

yes just google it

You got it wrong... completely.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The_Ish

and when is the bloody bread devoured?

faisal123456

Did you read his post?

There was no blood.

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
between those choices i'd take buddhist
ferranisha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 ferranisha
Member since 2008 • 466 Posts
[QUOTE="rimnet00"]

[QUOTE="Blitz_Nemesis"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]Before this thread gets locked... for Muslims, Eid al Fitr and Eid al Udha are the two main religious holidays. Both of which dates play a major role. Of the Eid's surrounds the concepts begun by Moses (as does much of Islam), specifically fasting. While the other revolves around the story of Abraham, which includes the Hajj, leaving Hajar stranded in the desert, the "sacrafice" of his son Ishmael. Word.Blitz_Nemesis

THANKS YOU VERY MUCH. you were of much help

me..i am a muslim
Dialkiga_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dialkiga_beast
Member since 2007 • 1263 Posts
muslim for most parts but i think i can also be buddhist too but im not entirely sure because i dont follow all of the practices buddhist people do.=/
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
passover the jews prepare matzas, unleavened bread. Go to a grocery store and look for bread without yeast
dday2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dday2121
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts

I'm an atheist who does his own homework...Bourbons3

Did you also mention that nobody cares?

Jaks_Secret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jaks_Secret
Member since 2006 • 9003 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Dracargen"]I'm Muddish.jaydough

I'm Oddish.

Oh yeah? Well I think both of you are . . . um, well . . . damn. Electrivire, save me!

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
Im Muslim . ^_^
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

link

faisal123456
Have you actually read the article you're linking to? As in all the way through?

Plus King Faisal of Saudi Arabia said so including other experts.

faisal123456
King Faisal also apparently thinks we Jews started the Crusades, and that we're trying to take over the world.
RoyWilsonIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RoyWilsonIsGod
Member since 2008 • 538 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Dracargen"]I'm Muddish.jaydough

I'm Oddish.

I'm Mudkippish

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I'm an atheist who does his own homework...Bourbons3

Same here

If you want help with your homework son, Google it or search for a homework union on Gamepot....

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
Christian. Christmas and at that we usually have lutefisk as a traditional meal.
Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 Napster06
Member since 2004 • 5659 Posts

To be more specific, dates are usually consume during the breaking of fast. On the celebration day itself, there isn't really a 'specific' food, though dates can still be consumed. Different places will have different meals according to their taste.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#48 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Greek Pantheon.
Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts

link

faisal123456

It may be positively asserted that there is no Jewish ritual which prescribes the use of the blood of any human being. Were there such a ritual, or were such a procedure even tolerated, there would certainly be some reference to it in the colossal mass of halakic literature which enters into every detail of ritualistic observance and of domestic life. But neither the well-informed among Christian theologians nor the inimical among converted Jews have ever been able to cite a passage from these sources showing that such prescription exists. The statements to the contrary by the Austrian professor, August Rohling, have served only to demonstrate the ignorance and malice of the man. In consequence of the undeniable weightiness of these reasons, the assertion is now frequently made that while the traditions concerning a sanguinary rite do not obtain among Judaism as a whole, they are, nevertheless, accepted by one or several sects. But this opinion, also, is untenable; for if the Talmudic Jews, collectively or in individual cases, had cultivated sanguinary rites, the Karaites would certainly not have failed to emphasize that fact again and again. Nor would the Talmudic Jews have been silent had it been possible for them to accuse the Karaites of such a ceremony. Nothing of the kind has ever been asserted by either side.Jewsih Encyclopedia

From your link.:|

You know, I've seen people call Christians cannibals for Jesus' "Bread-body, wine-blood" thing, but I have never seen people say that Jews drink blood. This is on my ever-growing list of "stupid crap people say about religion."