Are you kidding me New England????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonygamerchick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 sonygamerchick
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts

Vrabel and Cassell traded for a 2nd round draft pick.

Really? A SECOND round pick? These guys are worth SO much more than that. Vrabel is a probowl player. Cassell is on his way. And you traded both to KC for a 2nd round pick...

They better hope Brady is healthy. And that Bruschi can shake off his age as a linebacker. Because they just traded the future of the team with Cassell and major part of the heartbeat of the D with Vrabel.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
I know I know shut up please, the pain is already killing me.
bahamut_032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 bahamut_032
Member since 2004 • 10305 Posts

Really? A SECOND round pick? These guys are worth SO much more than that. Vrabel is a probowl player. Cassell is on his way. And you traded both to KC for a 2nd round pick...

They better hope Brady is healthy. And that Bruschi can shake off his age as a linebacker. Because they just traded the future of the team with Cassell and major part of the heartbeat of the D with Vrabel.

sonygamerchick

I predict Brady is gonna screw up his right knee in the season-opener (assuming he actually plays)

Poor Cassel though, he was starting to get in rhythm with the Pats, but now he's going to a really really crappy team:lol: ow well, better luck next year.

Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Darth_Tyrev
Member since 2005 • 7072 Posts
One time I traded a pair of scissors for a pencil. Now that was a bad trade...
Avatar image for zombie_forumite
zombie_forumite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 zombie_forumite
Member since 2009 • 576 Posts
[QUOTE="sonygamerchick"]

Cassel was not the future. Actually the future is a guy named Mayo. You know,the new heart and soul of the D. Besides knowing belicheck,and the fact that his good friend pioli is the GM in KC now,I have a feeling there is more going on than anyone realizes.
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
Vrabel is getting old and isn't worth the money, and Cassell definitely wasn't worth franchising. This clears A LOT of cap space to improve the team via free agency. Let's hope the front office utilizes it.
Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts
terrible deal for NE
bahamut_032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 bahamut_032
Member since 2004 • 10305 Posts
Isn't it kinda odd how NE sent their backup QB to the team whose safety took out their star QB:?
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
Pats got 3 2nd round picks....they could get a first round pick out of that.
Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Buck_Hotep
Member since 2003 • 10589 Posts

terrible deal for NECloud_Insurance

yeah terrible deal.

1. Opens up major cap room space to try and sign some veteran players who fit the system (Ray Lewis being one).

2. Adds another 1st day pick to their upcoming draft. The now have one first-rounder and three second-rounder to try and move up to get an impact player and/or get another first-rounder.

3. Still has adequate back-up QB in Kevin O'Connell who is schooled in the spread offense.

4. Means the team is satisfied with Brady's health.

5. In case he's not back up to speed the signing of Fred Taylor solidifies the team's depth at running back so the offense doesn't become pass-heavy.

yeah, terrible deal indeed.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
They better make a good pick for that trade.
zombie_forumite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zombie_forumite

[QUOTE="Cloud_Insurance"]terrible deal for NEBuck_Hotep

yeah terrible deal.

1. Opens up major cap room space to try and sign some veteran players who fit the system (Ray Lewis being one).

2. Adds another 1st day pick to their upcoming draft. The now have one first-rounder and three second-rounder to try and move up to get an impact player and/or get another first-rounder.

3. Still has adequate back-up QB in Kevin O'Connell who is schooled in the spread offense.

5. In case he's not back up to speed the signing of Fred Taylor solidifies the team's depth at running back so the offense doesn't become pass-heavy.

All these years and people still do not seem to get Bill knows what hes doing. How many times has he proved the doubters wrong. The funniest part is all these people going off about nothing for cassel,trading away the future etc.,are the same people who last year said he would flop and went on about how he had not played since high school. I think Bill has earned some cred.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
Pretty bad deal. But a good one for Patriot haters like me.:D Seriously though, they were at least first rounder pick worthy. I guess they are professionals and know what their doing.
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
Pretty bad deal. But a good one for Patriot haters like me.:D Seriously though, they were at least first rounder pick worthy. I guess they are professionals and know what their doing.FFCYAN
Are you serious? A QB with one moderately successful year, and a 34 year old linebacker in the waning years of his career are totally worh a first round draft pick to a team. :roll:
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]Pretty bad deal. But a good one for Patriot haters like me.:D Seriously though, they were at least first rounder pick worthy. I guess they are professionals and know what their doing.FragStains
Are you serious? A QB with one moderately successful year, and a 34 year old linebacker in the waning years of his career are totally worh a first round draft pick to a team. :roll:

Ok, maybe Vrabel was not, but considering the success Cassel had despite his track record shows a lot of promise. He's still young. Don't tell me you would not want Matt Cassel backing your team up when you're starting quarterback goes down.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

brady has been healthy for most of his career, so its not like hes injury prone. im sure brady will be fine and we wont need cassel.

the patriots have a history of getting rid of veterans players just in time, so im going to go with their track record on vrabel.

i wouldnt put it past NE to get some good deals on draft day with some of their many picks.

Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Buck_Hotep

[QUOTE="FragStains"][QUOTE="FFCYAN"]Pretty bad deal. But a good one for Patriot haters like me.:D Seriously though, they were at least first rounder pick worthy. I guess they are professionals and know what their doing.FFCYAN

Ok, maybe Vrabel was not, but considering the success Cassel had despite his track record shows a lot of promise. He's still young. Don't tell me you would not want Matt Cassel backing your team up when you're starting quarterback goes down.

Sure, if there wasn't a salary cap. Niners did that with Montana and young but there was no cap so they could afford to pay a back-up qb with starter money. Cassel had a very good year, but he was in a system which made sure his chances of making mistakes were minimized. It doesn't hurt to have Moss and Welker to throw to. Cassel is going to a team that's in rebuilding mode and one installing a new offense. He may know the offense they're installing but the rest of the team will still be in learning mode.

Brady's health has always been less than 100 percent. Remember, since his rookie year he was always listed as probable to play by Darth Belichik. I think people are finding any reason to hate on the Pats without actually know how off-season football works. The money they don't have to pay Cassel now can go to shoring up their defense. It also puts them in a good situation next year when the league doesn't have a salary cap system.

I also think Kevin O'Connell would surprise people if he ever had to come in due to Brady going down again.

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts
yeah, I heard in a blog that the Broncos are showing interest in Cassel for some reason.Jay Cutler is freaking fine. This would be a lot better for Cassel though....but he could be a fluke. 5 year olds could be good QB's with the pat's o line.
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
Darth Belechik... :lol:
Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Buck_Hotep
I'm not even a Pats fan but I can respect and admire how successful the team has been without mortgaging their future. If Darth Belichik learned anything from one of his mentor's (Bill Wlash) it was that get rid of a player earlier than later in their career.
zombie_forumite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zombie_forumite
Darth Belechik... :lol: warbmxjohn
Yeah I love that. The worst is I am a pats fan,but buck who is not a pats fan is able to put all the things I would like to say into legible and coherent sentences.
sonygamerchick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sonygamerchick
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
[QUOTE="Buck_Hotep"]

[QUOTE="Cloud_Insurance"]terrible deal for NEzombie_forumite

yeah terrible deal.

All these years and people still do not seem to get Bill knows what hes doing. How many times has he proved the doubters wrong. The funniest part is all these people going off about nothing for cassel,trading away the future etc.,are the same people who last year said he would flop and went on about how he had not played since high school. I think Bill has earned some cred.

I've always been a Cassell fan and knew he was going to do the team proud last season and he did.

That's why it sucks to see him go. He was the future of the team. I do trust Belechick. He's one of the best coaches out there. I just think we should've held on to Cassell.

But good for Cassell... now he'll get to be the leader on another team.