Are You Happy With Your Body OT

• 81 results
#51 Posted by Xeno_ghost (696 posts) -

@jasean79: Yeh it is hard, I'm trying to bulk up and try to eat every 3-4 hours so I incorporate a couple of shakes as meals, but some times I really can't be bothered with cooking and eating. So usually I cook up a bunch of chicken a bunch of spagbol, and a bunch of tuna mayo and sweetcorn and eat that everyday just makes life easier, currently living with the inlaws so when I get bored of my meal I can switch one out for whatever mother inlaw has cooked :)

#52 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@xeno_ghost: What kind of protein shakes do you use? Whey? Casein?

I used to buy Myofusion (a combo of whey/casein/soy proteins), but lately been using 100% Whey. I like it because it burns up fast and doesn't upset my stomach.

#53 Posted by CrossFire245 (1060 posts) -

@jasean79: I'm not Xeno_ghost, but I just started using Gold Standard natural whey protein (vanilla). I've used their regular vanilla in the past, but I've found that I actually like the natural one better. It tastes a bit better and it seems to sit with me better (maybe due to the lack of artificial sweeteners...i believe this one uses stevia, a natural sweetener).

#54 Posted by Xeno_ghost (696 posts) -

@CrossFire245: "I'm not Xeno_ghost"

??

#55 Posted by Xeno_ghost (696 posts) -

@jasean79:

Protein: Bulk contains Instantised Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) and Instantised Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) which are high quality proteins, providing the body with essential amino acids including branched chain amino acids (BCAA's) to support muscle growth and repair.

Carbohydrates: Bulk also contains a blend of short, medium and long chain carbohydrates providing a steady release of energy into the body. Carbohydrate intake helps maintain anabolism (muscle growth) and limit catabolism (muscle breakdown) post-exercise.

#56 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24976 posts) -

Sometimes I fart and it lingers too much.

#57 Posted by CrossFire245 (1060 posts) -

@xeno_ghost: It was a question directed towards you which is why I said that lol.

#58 Posted by Xeno_ghost (696 posts) -

@CrossFire245: my comprehension failed me, I thought you were saying you are not as screwed up as me lol guess I'm feeling a bit fragile lol

#59 Posted by Korvus (7274 posts) -

@xeno_ghost: You actually take carb supplements? You know 80% of the world now hates you, right? =P

#60 Posted by Xeno_ghost (696 posts) -

@THE_DRUGGIE: I thought I had problems....

#61 Posted by Xeno_ghost (696 posts) -

@korvus: I need all the help I can get bro lol

#62 Posted by Korvus (7274 posts) -

@xeno_ghost: Still, my advice is to not mention it on your first date if you like your eyes where they are now =P With so many people struggling to keep carbs out of their diet, if you tell them you're eating carb supplements like m&m's... =P

#63 Edited by Xeno_ghost (696 posts) -

@korvus: LOL!!!

#64 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@CrossFire245 said:

@jasean79: I'm not Xeno_ghost, but I just started using Gold Standard natural whey protein (vanilla). I've used their regular vanilla in the past, but I've found that I actually like the natural one better. It tastes a bit better and it seems to sit with me better (maybe due to the lack of artificial sweeteners...i believe this one uses stevia, a natural sweetener).

I've seen that brand, never tried it though. I use Dymatize Elite Whey which has the 25g protein per scoop average and the 4 grams of the BCAA (the Mint Chocolate Chip flavor rocks!!!) I also take a daily vitamin that has BCAA's in it.

#65 Posted by thehig1 (3171 posts) -

No my adult life has been a battle to keep my weighthe under control.

I'm 5 11 and currently weight about 210lbs. ...However my weight has been as low as 170 lbs and high as 250 lbs. ...regardless of what weight I am I've always been unhappy with my body.

I'm actually really fit, I play football and tennis several times a week, and can run 5k in about 25 minutes. In football I'm normally one of fastest and most energetic players on the pitch.

Despite actually being fit I've always had that belly I can't complete get rid of.

#66 Edited by bforrester420 (1984 posts) -

No, I'd like to drop about 25 lbs. I'm happy with my musculature, but I'd really like to be back at my wrestling shape. I was pretty shredded when I wrestled in HS (171 lbs, 6 pack, vascular as hell). My diet sucks and it's not easy when you're married and in your mid 30s.

#67 Posted by PSP107 (12226 posts) -

@xeno_ghost: @korvus:

Maybe I have been living under a cave as I still think men are comfortable of their bodies. A big belly guy will have no problem taking off a shirt as opposed to a woman wearing certain clothing.

#68 Edited by Xeno_ghost (696 posts) -

@PSP107: you truly believe that there are no guys out there that have serious body image issues?

#69 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14327 posts) -

My body is fine, although I got a really boyish petite body for a 20 year old male. Lots of people think I'm still in high school, it could be a bit self conscious sometimes when I do "adult" things or trying to hit on older women.

#70 Posted by PSP107 (12226 posts) -

@xeno_ghost said:

@PSP107: you truly believe that there are no guys out there that have serious body image issues?

I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I guess I'm thinking it doesn't compare to women body image issues.

#71 Edited by BranKetra (49579 posts) -

I have size and definition. My physique will improve.

#72 Edited by Bikouchu35 (7611 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

My body is fine, although I got a really boyish petite body for a 20 year old male. Lots of people think I'm still in high school, it could be a bit self conscious sometimes when I do "adult" things or trying to hit on older women.

Story of my life. I get carded everywhere even for a simple tall can.

#73 Posted by Korvus (7274 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

Maybe I have been living under a cave as I still think men are comfortable of their bodies. A big belly guy will have no problem taking off a shirt as opposed to a woman wearing certain clothing.

I guess it depends on age...younger generations of men are starting to be as self-conscious of their bodies as women. Yeah, I see plenty of 50yo who couldn't care less about their beer belly and will take their shirts off with no problem...can't say the say about most 30yo though...

Also, apologies for the cave comment, it was meant as a joke but upon re-reading it, it sounded a bit aggressive ^_^

#74 Posted by Boddicker (3034 posts) -

No, but I'm not disgusted by it either. Kind of in the middle really.

I'm getting a gym membership Friday and plan on 2 days of upper body and 1 day of lower body a week.

#75 Edited by lostrib (41975 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

I'm getting a gym membership Friday and plan on 2 days of upper body and 1 day of lower body a week.

Good

#76 Edited by Boddicker (3034 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Boddicker said:

Good

Tru' dat

My muscles are still there for the most part after 2 years (college and serious health issues.) Though my legs have turned to absolute jello.

#77 Posted by deeliman (3446 posts) -

Yeah I am, I can eat anything I want and not really gain any weight.

#78 Posted by sukraj (23818 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@sukraj: That sux bro.

I know but I guess its not the end of the world is it.

#79 Posted by Iszdope (10849 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

Nah, you doin' fine.

#80 Posted by sukraj (23818 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

Nah, you doin' fine.

Thanks mate

#81 Posted by PSP107 (12226 posts) -

@korvus said:

@PSP107 said:

I guess it depends on age...younger generations of men are starting to be as self-conscious of their bodies as women. Yeah, I see plenty of 50yo who couldn't care less about their beer belly and will take their shirts off with no problem...can't say the say about most 30yo though...

Also, apologies for the cave comment, it was meant as a joke but upon re-reading it, it sounded a bit aggressive ^_^

Oh I didn't take the cave comment as joke. Because I probably not fully aware of the situation.

#82 Posted by Iszdope (10849 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

Nah, you doin' fine.

Thanks mate

No wuckas bro.