Are you happy the Bloc Quebecois and Party Quebecois are dead?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you happy the Bloc Quebecois and Party Quebecois are dead? (9 votes)

Yes 89%
No 11%

Yes. I am born and raised in Quebec and happy to see that the tyrants are dead. Death to Quebec separatism!

• 
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

They're not really dead

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

only close minded morons want seperatism and vote for bloc quebecois like stupid xenophobic biggot teenagers

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#3 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I'm an english only speaking Quebecer,and I'm sorry for anyone who don't agree with this,but I don't care if Queerbec splits from Canada.It's their funeral.I have all of Canada to move to,if I chose too.Nobody is making me stay in Quebec and nobody is making me leave.Whatever party is in power,they are not only making it harder for the english,but for all Quebecers.A lot of french people are leaving this province as well,people in general are fed up.So,to be honest,I don't give a sh!t.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I woudn't say that the Part Quebecois is dead.They are still able to participate in the quebec legislature and still have some political influence despite their devastating defeat in the last election in quebec. The bloc is definitely close to death anyway. They have zero influence in canadian politics because they aren't really a official party anymore and they only ever had power in Quebec. I don't think they will recover that much in the next federal election.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

At this point I wish they would have achieved their goal of sovereignty, and would have had their economy collapse, come crawling back to Canada, begging for help, and we could finally do away with the goddamn French language as an official language.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

The separatists will have their day yet.

They will form an alliance with the Russian Federation when Vladimir Putin leads his magnificent armies in the liberation of the North American continent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@Stesilaus: Putin is on his last legs. He's dying of advanced syphillis.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

can't you just put up a big fence around it?

that's what we are going to do with boston.

we can send up the crew once they finish here.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

Good. In the 21st century with all the problems the worlds has today, fighting for independence is beyond moronic. Just make the nation as is work. IF they are dead that is.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I rarely watch news so excuse my ignorance, but when did they died? I haven't vote last election, I really think it's a waste of time since no parties can really represent what people really want. The fast one politicians pulled during the whole students strike made me realized that our system simply isn't working.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheWalkingGhost

@da_illest101 said:

I rarely watch news so excuse my ignorance, but when did they died? I haven't vote last election, I really think it's a waste of time since no parties can really represent what people really want. The fast one politicians pulled during the whole students strike made me realized that our system simply isn't working.

Go to the USA, you will see how a faulty government really is. You got it sweet.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@da_illest101 said:

Go to the USA, you will see how a faulty government really is. You got it sweet.

LOL the grass is always greener until you get there.....

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheWalkingGhost

@LJS9502_basic said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@da_illest101 said:

LMFAO! You actually think their government is as bad as the USA? Do you actually think the US Government is doing anything right? You keep saying this BS, but you never back it up.

So either back it up, or stop saying it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@da_illest101 said:

LMFAO! You actually think their government is as bad as the USA? Do you actually think the US Government is doing anything right? You keep saying this BS, but you never back it up.

I can't imagine why Canadians complain about their government then.....everything is rainbows and sunshine there in your eyes. I deal in reality and there is no perfect government.

Like I said grass is always greener until you have to live there.....

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@da_illest101 said:

I can't imagine why Canadians complain about their government then.....everything is rainbows and sunshine there in your eyes. I deal in reality and there is no perfect government.

Some governments are better than others though. Like Canada's government being better than America's which in turn is better than the Central African Republic's government.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#17 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I can't help but sympathize with Quebec separatists... But whatever. You may not agree with them, but by talking about them the way you do, you do nothing to make them feel more welcome in your country.

I've seen it so much lately... people offended that somebody thinks their country isn't good enough, insulting those who want to leave, bordering hate, then complaining that they still want to leave, when there's been nothing done to convince them not to. Maybe it's just the catalan in me.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheWalkingGhost
@LJS9502_basic said:

Translation you can't back up what you are saying, so instead choose to move the goal posts and twist my words while saying you deal in reality. Then repeat the same BS line you couldn't back up before.

Again, prove that the Canadian government is at least just as bad and ineffective as the US government or just admit you have no idea what you are talking about.

@themajormayor said:

Some governments are better than others though. Like Canada's government being better than America's which in turn is better than the Central African Republic's government.

Which is what I said and he refuses to refute, while accusing me of saying something else. Lets not confuse him with facts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

@TheWalkingGhost: You posted an opinion. I stated that Canadians have that opinion of their government at times as well. Your opinion is not a fact.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheWalkingGhost
@LJS9502_basic said:

@TheWalkingGhost: You posted an opinion. I stated that Canadians have that opinion of their government at times as well. Your opinion is not a fact.

Dude, let it go and stop moving the goal posts,

Now back on topic. Quebec would be a lot worse off if it left Canada, so this is a good thing.

OrangeTabbyCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OrangeTabbyCat
Member since 2010 • 94 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

I can't help but sympathize with Quebec separatists... But whatever. You may not agree with them, but by talking about them the way you do, you do nothing to make them feel more welcome in your country.

I've seen it so much lately... people offended that somebody thinks their country isn't good enough, insulting those who want to leave, bordering hate, then complaining that they still want to leave, when there's been nothing done to convince them not to. Maybe it's just the catalan in me.

If those people aren't happy with Quebec as it is, so much that they want it to become it's own country, we don't want them here.

They _should_ be leaving and I don't see why we'd waste our time trying to make them feel welcome.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

So let's hear you say that America's government is not better than the government of the Central African Republic.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

You can go anywhere in Canada and see French then English as the bottom or second language on signs. Try driving in Quebec, you won't find a single sign anywhere with English on it not one as it's actually a law passed by their provincial government that no English should be put on traffic signs, for reasons stated as protecting their heritage... Ya because that makes sense. They actively pursued that course of action and now if your not french speaking, and haven't driven there before your going to get very very lost.

If I'm talking to an automated machine it starts in french even though only 1 province speaks the damn language, and they know I'm English speaking as it is our main language in Canada as well as Ontario and they called my Ontario number. So English should be first one heard but nope have to make them french happy. So instead I have to sit through instruction and instruction till finally the English one starts a 30 seconds to a minute later.

Canada and it's English speaking provinces have been far more then just accommodating with Quebec. A little research will prove that, as we've even held referendums where Quebec majority voted to stay with Canada in both 1980 and 1995. They also If I'm not mistaken get more federal money then any other province, and they are always activity fighting for more like they some how are far more deserving of it then other provinces with similar budgets, projects, debts and governments.

Want to get a a job in some construction field as a contractor or skilled tradesmen in Quebec if your from Ontario? Well think again it isn't going to happen, as they actively shut out Ontario based companies. Through tax laws, license fees and the list can go on and on and on. If you do manage it Expect other companies to treat you like complete shit. Yet here in Ontario I can't go to a job site without having to deal with at least one crew of Mainly french speaking Quebecker 's who act like it's a chore and a nuisance to be bothered to speak English even though they are working in Ontario where everyone speaks English as the norm, french is just that annoying thing in grade school most don't care to learn. Yet people I know in the same trades have to leave the Province to find work because their is not enough here to support both the ever encroaching Quebec skilled trade and construction companies trying to avoid Quebec's crazy money strangle hold on the Trades, and Ontario's current work force.

I've never met anyone but Quebecker s' to sit there and just talk french to one other person while sitting in a room of only English speaking people like right in the middle of conversation. Some times clearly talking shit about people. This isn't a one off thing either, and it isn't all ways talking shit but sometimes they just Mid conversation start blabbering away in french to their 1 other french speaking friend completely breaking any form of conversational flow or growth. As It literally just kills the vibe as everyone who doesn't speak it subconsciously gets pissed at them for being so rude, and noninclusive.

If Anything Quebec's people Isolate and alienate themselves, from the rest of the country not the other way around. For instance marching on Ottawa in protest for lower education costs when the rest of Canada all ready pays a huge cut above what their paying in Quebec, is just one of the many things that make them come off as self entitled. and self centered as a province with people who think they deserve more then they actually do.

Example of the above:

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Translation you can't back up what you are saying, so instead choose to move the goal posts and twist my words while saying you deal in reality. Then repeat the same BS line you couldn't back up before.

Again, prove that the Canadian government is at least just as bad and ineffective as the US government or just admit you have no idea what you are talking about.

@themajormayor said:

Which is what I said and he refuses to refute, while accusing me of saying something else. Lets not confuse him with facts.

In advance I apologize for broken links. The new system doesn't work for me so you'll need to copy paste them.

Us government shut down. Canadian Parliament almost did the same thing for a whole year doing nothing but fight each other and getting payed.

"The 2008–2009 Canadian parliamentary dispute was a political dispute during the 40th Canadian Parliament. It was triggered by the expressed intention of the opposition parties (who together held a majority of seats in the House of Commons) to defeat the Conservative minority government on a motion of non-confidence six weeks after the federal election on October 14, 2008."

So a year of no Parliament doing nothing but squabble back and forth. Seems just as broken as the US's congress to me.

The next two are only Ontario but if this is happening here It's happening everywhere in Canada

1 billion wasted- http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ehealth-scandal-a-1b-waste-auditor-1.808640

$8 Billion wasted- http://canadians.org/blog/8-billion-down-drain-ontario-p3s

$16 billion on fighter jets... fighter jets that are unproven, non combat tested, and if the united states military's major problems with every model of this plane are anything to learn from then this was a major waste.

Our money pit of a sub force that when you read this it plays out like a sick fucking joke-

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/sub-support-contract-creating-canadian-controversy-04563/

Oh and free trade works real well. Allows us to pay massive companies like the third largest clothing company in the world $4 million dollars in tax refunds when they payed $0 in taxes that year of their billions in revenue. While I have to pay almost half my salary to the government... Ya that makes sense right?

If your Canadian I suggest you watch the movie called Poor No More hosted by a Canadian legend Mary Walsh. It will literally make you angry at how broken everything is, and how much everyone of us is being taken for a ride. We pay almost half or more of our salaries! When billion dollar companies pay nothing and get millions back for **** sakes.

We are one of the richest nations in the world, but yet we have a major homeless problem. We also have a class of citizen called the working poor, as minimum wage doesn't cut it, when all companies have shifted to temp or part time work after the last recession. And keeping you just under that $40 hours at $11.25 allows them to not pay you over time or benefits. It's actually a huge issue with people never getting to have a full time job at the place they've been working at for 5-10 or even 15 years even. This is common practice in Canada even for government run buildings like the LCBO and beer store do this as the norm.

The above issues with homeless lack of pay no benefits etc.. Is so bad the UN ha repeatedly told Canada it has a problem when other countries with similar populations (Sweden) don't have a homeless problem or a class of people called the working poor.

I could probably keep posting things. As it's a regular occurrence for our Federal and provincial governments to waste Billions of dollars.

OrangeTabbyCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 OrangeTabbyCat
Member since 2010 • 94 Posts

@ribstaylor1 said:

@ianhh6 said:

You can go anywhere in Canada and see French then English as the bottom or second language on signs. Try driving in Quebec, you won't find a single sign anywhere with English on it not one as it's actually a law passed by their provincial government that no English should be put on traffic signs, for reasons stated as protecting their heritage... Ya because that makes sense. They actively pursued that course of action and now if your not french speaking, and haven't driven there before your going to get very very lost.

If I'm talking to an automated machine it starts in french even though only 1 province speaks the damn language, and they know I'm English speaking as it is our main language in Canada as well as Ontario and they called my Ontario number. So English should be first one heard but nope have to make them french happy. So instead I have to sit through instruction and instruction till finally the English one starts a 30 seconds to a minute later.

Canada and it's English speaking provinces have been far more then just accommodating with Quebec. A little research will prove that, as we've even held referendums where Quebec majority voted to stay with Canada in both 1980 and 1995. They also If I'm not mistaken get more federal money then any other province, and they are always activity fighting for more like they some how are far more deserving of it then other provinces with similar budgets, projects, debts and governments.

Want to get a a job in some construction field as a contractor or skilled tradesmen in Quebec if your from Ontario? Well think again it isn't going to happen, as they actively shut out Ontario based companies. Through tax laws, license fees and the list can go on and on and on. If you do manage it Expect other companies to treat you like complete shit. Yet here in Ontario I can't go to a job site without having to deal with at least one crew of Mainly french speaking Quebecker 's who act like it's a chore and a nuisance to be bothered to speak English even though they are working in Ontario where everyone speaks English as the norm, french is just that annoying thing in grade school most don't care to learn. Yet people I know in the same trades have to leave the Province to find work because their is not enough here to support both the ever encroaching Quebec skilled trade and construction companies trying to avoid Quebec's crazy money strangle hold on the Trades, and Ontario's current work force.

I've never met anyone but Quebecker s' to sit there and just talk french to one other person while sitting in a room of only English speaking people like right in the middle of conversation. Some times clearly talking shit about people. This isn't a one off thing either, and it isn't all ways talking shit but sometimes they just Mid conversation start blabbering away in french to their 1 other french speaking friend completely breaking any form of conversational flow or growth. As It literally just kills the vibe as everyone who doesn't speak it subconsciously gets pissed at them for being so rude, and noninclusive.

If Anything Quebec's people Isolate and alienate themselves, from the rest of the country not the other way around. For instance marching on Ottawa in protest for lower education costs when the rest of Canada all ready pays a huge cut above what their paying in Quebec, is just one of the many things that make them come off as self entitled. and self centered as a province with people who think they deserve more then they actually do.

I think you're biased, I've been born and raised Quebec and I speak both languages fluently.

It would be a horrible decision to alienate ourselves from the rest of Canada and I don't even agree with the whole protecting French either.

Maybe the older folks want those things, but I guarantee you that us, the younger generations, want exactly the same as you do.