Are you content with Obama being re-elected for a second term?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by StateOfGrace (96 posts) -
Not trying to start any political arguments here but I'm just wondering how many of you wanted Obama to win and how many of you wanted Romney to win.
#2 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -
What's the difference again?
#3 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152920 posts) -
No. Then again I wasn't for the other candidate either. Been awhile since we've had a decent candidate it has.
#4 Posted by whipassmt (14732 posts) -

hell to the no. But hey Republicans still got the House so It looks like he'll be a lame-duck for term two.

#5 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

meh, dont care.

not much will change no matter who is president.

#6 Posted by sonicare (53650 posts) -

We'll see.

#7 Posted by VanHelsingBoA64 (5455 posts) -
yeah
#8 Posted by Mafiree (3704 posts) -
Wouldn't have been either way
#9 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
No. Then again I wasn't for the other candidate either. Been awhile since we've had a decent candidate it has.LJS9502_basic
#10 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

My write-in campaign fell short. Nothing to do now but start campaigning for 2016.

#11 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

House republicans will keep trying to stop all obamas stuff. Harry reid proclaimed if romney was elected he would stop all his things with the democratic senate. Not much of a win either way

#12 Posted by Oscar-Wilde (1675 posts) -

I wouldn't say content, that imply that I wouldn't want something else or better, more like I'm ok with it.

#13 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Well I got my phone so that's all that matters.
#14 Posted by nocoolnamejim (15136 posts) -
More than content. Thrilled.
#15 Posted by CreasianDevaili (4193 posts) -
He is an united states citizen. He was voted in legally. So yes. If Romney had won, the answer is the same. Looking at all the rage this election secures in my mind why we are not ready for more than a two party presidential election system.
#16 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

I wasn't particularly happy with either candidate, but I guess the better one won.

#17 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
He is an united states citizen. He was voted in legally. So yes. If Romney had won, the answer is the same. Looking at all the rage this election secures in my mind why we are not ready for more than a two party presidential election system. CreasianDevaili
He's from Kenya.
#18 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]He is an united states citizen. He was voted in legally. So yes. If Romney had won, the answer is the same. Looking at all the rage this election secures in my mind why we are not ready for more than a two party presidential election system. Fightingfan
He's from Kenya.

#19 Posted by ninjastar (9542 posts) -

I was very happy with the results.

#20 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
No, I think he's the lowest form of scum imaginable. But so is Romney, which is why I didn't care who won. They're far more similar than either of their supporters are willing to admit.
#21 Posted by toast_burner (22864 posts) -

He's the best America had to offer (which isn't saying much)

#22 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

No. However, this does open the door to a Rand Paul 2016 campaign. Rand Paul is a good guy who has respect from all the necessary people - The conservatives, the Tea Party, and the Establishment. They all like him enough to get behind him. Unless he does something stupid within the next 4 years (which i think is unlikely), the Democrats are going to have to have areallygood candidate to beat him.

#23 Posted by DroidPhysX (17093 posts) -

House republicans will keep trying to stop all obamas stuff. Harry reid proclaimed if romney was elected he would stop all his things with the democratic senate. Not much of a win either way

AdamPA1006

rz6lY.png

#24 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6285 posts) -
Romney, Obama - Potato, Po-tah-toe. The debt wlll continue to climb and the world police organization run on a credit card goes on.
#25 Posted by Stinger78 (5829 posts) -
He is still in-charge and there's nothing to complain about, it was a fair election just like any other and he was chosen as the winner. I would have preferred Romney winning, and while my state voted for Romney anyway, I really didn't want either one.
#26 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6285 posts) -

No. However, this does open the door to a Rand Paul 2016 campaign. Rand Paul is a good guy who has respect from all the necessary people - The conservatives, the Tea Party, and the Establishment. They all like him enough to get behind him. Unless he does something stupid within the next 4 years (which i think is unlikely), the Democrats are going to have to have areallygood candidate to beat him.

hoola
I will be ecstatic for him to run after GJ didn't get the 5% he needed this election!
#27 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

more then a little content. pretty happy about his win.

#28 Posted by DroidPhysX (17093 posts) -

but yes

his win p. much guarantees conservatives wont lockdown the judiciary.

so a little more than content

#29 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4730 posts) -

Yes.

#30 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]He is an united states citizen. He was voted in legally. So yes. If Romney had won, the answer is the same. Looking at all the rage this election secures in my mind why we are not ready for more than a two party presidential election system. Fightingfan
He's from Kenya.

This just reminded me....I wonder how the Donald is taking the news.

#31 Posted by WSGRandomPerson (13693 posts) -
Yup.
#32 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

but yes

his win p. much guarantees conservatives wont lockdown the judiciary.

so a little more than content

DroidPhysX
that was one of the few things that actually weighed heavily on my mind going into the last two weeks of the election. I know the Ruth Ginsberg is perhaps looking to step down. she's 79 and a cancer survivor.
#33 Posted by m0zart (11568 posts) -

I would only have been content if a Libertarian had won. And in each election, that's a pipe dream, so I've learned to be content with my malcontent.

#34 Posted by caseypayne69 (5390 posts) -
Ah Romney moved his income overseas to a kid taxes and sent jobs overseas to help a financial bottom line. He is not a patriotic leader.
#35 Posted by GamerZem (526 posts) -

I'm planning on moving to Canada, as of last night.

#36 Posted by m0zart (11568 posts) -

I'm planning on moving to Canada, as of last night.GamerZem

To escape universal health care? Or just to remove yourself from foreign policies you despise being done in your name?

Depending on the answer, I'll know how to categorize you.

#37 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
He was the better of two awful choices. Politically, I disagree with a large portion of both candidates platforms. But being Canadian allows me to not be directly involved and thus avoid rage.
#38 Posted by dercoo (12555 posts) -

As long as he does not altere the Supreme Court's structure, I'm content.

Don't ***** up the one branch of government that works OBAMA!!!!:evil:

#39 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20915 posts) -
A farts a fart regardless of who's ass it comes from. Real question is how potent will it be this time around.
#40 Posted by GamerZem (526 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerZem"]I'm planning on moving to Canada, as of last night.m0zart

To escape universal health care? Or just to remove yourself from foreign policies you despise being done in your name?

It's more of both, really.

The economy is also going down the toilet as we speak.

#41 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

[QUOTE="GamerZem"]I'm planning on moving to Canada, as of last night.GamerZem

It's more of both, really.

What.

#42 Posted by Barbariser (6761 posts) -

Not American, but putting Democrats in charge instead of their opposition is far better for the world as a whole, so I'm fine with this.

#43 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29918 posts) -
Better than Romney at least.
#44 Posted by Rhazakna (11022 posts) -
I'm glad he won if only because the expansion of the warfare state will be somewhat slowed compared to a Romney presidency. Him winning didn't make me happy, though, and the people it did tend to be pathetic plebs.
#45 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29918 posts) -
I'm glad he won if only because the expansion of the warfare state will be somewhat slowed compared to a Romney presidency. Him winning didn't make me happy, though, and the people it did tend to be pathetic plebs.Rhazakna
I believe you mean f*cking plebs.
#46 Posted by scoots9 (3264 posts) -

I guess it's better than Romney, but I'm not happy at all.

#47 Posted by Jazz_Fan (29516 posts) -

Was slightly relieved when I heard he was re-elected

Became overjoyed when I saw all the rage

#48 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
I was surprised.
#49 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Yes I am content with him being re-elected.
#50 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5503 posts) -
No. Then again I wasn't for the other candidate either. Been awhile since we've had a decent candidate it has.LJS9502_basic
This. America is screwed either way. You would have to be stupid to be happy with either of them.