gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I'm a bit nervous for my personal future. I start the Radiography program at my university in September and I'm also thinking about what it's gonna be like to live on my own in the not so distant future.

As for the general future, economic collapse, climate change, food and water shortages, disease, and war are all pretty worrisome, even here in the US. We're not immune to any of those things, so the 2020s and beyond seem a bit foggy and worrying. Never know when some huge catastrophe may strike.

Thank God I have video games to keep me sane. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I'm quite happy and confident with my personal life and how it's evolving but yeah, I am worried about the state of the world...half of it is balancing precariously at the edge of the cliff and the rest is already on free fall...

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Little bit nervous about taking courses for a masters degree starting this fall. New environment, new people. Also, getting ready for any potential summer vacations with friends. It's going to be fun, but I'm used to the security of my home. Which is why I think it's going to be hard when I finally have to live on my own in a few years, like the TC.

And of course I can't forget my mandatory military service which I am obliged to take at some point. -_________-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@johnd13 said:

getting ready for any potential summer vacations with friends.

Ah...getting ready to come visit us, I see.

@johnd13 said:

And of course I can't forget my mandatory military service which I am obliged to take at some point. -_________-

That sucks...really glad I didn't have to do it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

No. I embrace my future as I head on to the unknown. The Past is history, the Present is the past, the Future is now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@davillain-: Are you marching with an army towards the sunrise to the sound of "Heart of Courage" by any chance? =P

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@korvus: I doubt I can afford a trip abroad right now. Gotta put most of my funds towards a new GPU. :D

I know. A 9-month waste of time, in the middle of nowhere. Thanks country.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I really look forward to the future. Its the present I worry about. (I have literally nothing to do in my life at the moment.)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@korvus: Yes with full confidence.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@gamerguru100: yeh i do worry about the future, i worry about the future of the planet in regards to are we just gonna keep damaaging it till its too late.

Plus i worry about all this terrorist/isis shit which i cant see ever coming to an end.

You gotta worry for the world our kids kids are going to inherit.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

even if I would do something for a change in the present,it won't be enough for one to shape a better future.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Personally no... I'm passing college just fine (not with brilliant grades, but yes with ease, especially for the amount of work I put in...) in the most respected university in Spain in the field I'm studying: economics. I likely won't have any issue in finding a decent Masters program, or even finding a job if I wanted to straight after the degree. Entering a top university (like the LSE) isn't my priority at all; I don't plan on doing a PhD or leaving Barcelona, honestly.

Climate change, on the other hand, has my balls like a bowtie around my neck.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Are you afraid of the future?

Why should I be ?

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

I'm not. I'm still young. Everything's as clear as the day to me. If I mess up, I'll still have time to do it again. If there's one thing I'm afraid of, its that this 'extra security' might actually lead me to mess things up.

As for the World's future, I'm not 'afraid'. I'm just 'disgusted' by it.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

nope

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#16 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

I used to be. At this point, I've experienced a lot of the stupid stuff I was scared of to begin with and it wasn't that bad. Besides, I got my husband with me now. If something in the future looks scary, we get scared together and get through it together.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Yes, very much.. even though I'm doing good right now, but things aren't good looking. My town I live in getting worse every year.

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Acillatem1993
Member since 2011 • 1100 Posts

I havent really had the time to worry about the global future, as I recently had many personal fears and struggles about my personal future. But I am sorting things out, so Im doing good now.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#19 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

I wouldn't say I'm too afraid, but I also don't particularly like how fast time is flying.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#20 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

@TAMKFan: This I can agree with! It is a bit disturbing how fast time is flying. Me and my husband are going on 26 and 27 and wondering where the time went. Our younger siblings are growing up fast and my niece and nephew are now teenagers! Time does add a bit of pressure to things now that I think about it.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

I can tell you for a fact, the older you get the faster time goes bye.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

I'm a bit nervous for my personal future. I start the Radiography program at my university in September and I'm also thinking about what it's gonna be like to live on my own in the not so distant future.

As for the general future, economic collapse, climate change, food and water shortages, disease, and war are all pretty worrisome, even here in the US. We're not immune to any of those things, so the 2020s and beyond seem a bit foggy and worrying. Never know when some huge catastrophe may strike.

Thank God I have video games to keep me sane. :P

You should be more affraid of your past, because it's that that's going to haunt you

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I do worry that I will never get my life going. Can't seem to drag myself back to college, even though I hate being a CNA...

I am not as worried about crazy extinction events as some are. I feel humanity is at a point where we are able to see potential problems and work our ways toward a solution.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@TAMKFan said:

I wouldn't say I'm too afraid, but I also don't particularly like how fast time is flying.

@JimB said:

I can tell you for a fact, the older you get the faster time goes bye.

It's because as you get older, one year consistently becomes less and less of a percentage of your life. So when you're two years old, one year is half your life. And when your five, it is still a whopping one-fifth of your life. It explains why preschool, kindergarten, and elementary school seem to drag on forever. Things really start kicking by the time you get to high school and then to college. By age 20, one year is only a mere 5% of your life. O_O By age 50, one year is only 2% of your life. By age 70, just 1.5% of your lifetime consists of one year.

Zaikeiil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zaikeiil
Member since 2015 • 29 Posts

I'm just going to let the chips fall where they may. There's no use being afraid of the future when you have no idea what's going to happen.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44551 Posts

if you're not afraid yet, watch this...

Loading Video...

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

No. You have to take everything by the day, and enjoy the time that you have. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.

I worried about that when I started college, but everything falls into place. If you are going through stuff talk with somebody close, and if you need help ask for it.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I'm not afraid of the future, just sadden that my mortality will be the reason why I won't get a chance to see how far humanity will prosper, how far technology will develop, and what will end all life, human stupidity or our sun finally dying out...

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30  Edited By Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

Po: Maybe I should just quit and go back to making noodles.

Oogway: Quit, don't quit... Noodles, don't noodles... You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

(I agree with Oogway)

After 40+ years of working I will be retiring in a few months. I'm a little apprehensive but I'm also looking forward to my future.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#31  Edited By BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

not when the question is presented in a purely abstract fashion

give me something tangible to be afraid of, like a nasty HPV or perhaps a mosquito bite right in the eye

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

Sometimes i am and then i remind myself of Einstien who said "I dont worry about the future it comes soon enough"

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Listen man, let me allow you to view my perspective. & yes, since i'm a car guy, i'll give you a car perspective. Lots of users worry about rust on their classics:

* oh rust is going to spread

*Suspension is weak, might break down

*Car engine has too many miles, might go out

*Tranny needs a rebuilt

OK, let me stop there ... Classic cars have been around longer then you and me have been alive, and yes rust will spread, engine and tranny might break down, but trust me when i say this.

No matter how much rust that car has, you will die before it ever get to the point, where you can't drive it. So freakin relax, and enjoy the ride. As is, it will live & last longer then you or me.

So, to the point, don't worry about shit. Party like there's no tomorrow, and take care of what you have to.

Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

Not so nervous for my and my wife's future. We both have decent jobs and career paths.

I am concerned for our son's future. Primarily because for some reasons I understand and some that I don't, the United States seems to be in a mad dash to become a third world hell hole as fast as possible.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I have no future to be afraid of....

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

No, I'm the opposite of afraid; I'm disgusted and enraged by the present and can't wait for the future that will wipe it out.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@Planet_Pluto said:

Not so nervous for my and my wife's future. We both have decent jobs and career paths.

I am concerned for our son's future. Primarily because for some reasons I understand and some that I don't, the United States seems to be in a mad dash to become a third world hell hole as fast as possible.

True dat, the world pretty soon.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

@GazaAli said:

No, I'm the opposite of afraid; I'm disgusted and enraged by the present and can't wait for the future that will wipe it out.

Looks like this is something I pretty much agree with. Probably won't happen, but when I think about apocalypse theories, might just be my own instinct, but I actually get the feeling that if a real bad world catastrophe is gonna happen soon, it actually feels like it might be a Super Volcano.