are pokemon cards even worth anything??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by trick6952 (1488 posts) -

I just found all mine Its a huge stack of at least 423 cards of common cardsplus all my album full of all my rares and the original 150 pokemonat the time but I dont want them anymore if I can sell them id be happy but did anybody recently tried selling thiers and how much did you get

#2 Posted by Citrus25 (2466 posts) -
Pokemon cards aren't worth much anymore. As with baseball cards the bottom dropped out of the market a few years ago and prices plummeted. You can blame it on speculators who purchased and sold cards at inflated prices. If you have some of the older cards they might be worth something if you can find the right buyer. I sold most of my cards on E-bay a few years ago. made some money, bit nowhere what I payed to collect them.
#3 Posted by trick6952 (1488 posts) -

Pokemon cards aren't worth much anymore. As with baseball cards the bottom dropped out of the market a few years ago and prices plummeted. You can blame it on speculators who purchased and sold cards at inflated prices. If you have some of the older cards they might be worth something if you can find the right buyer. I sold most of my cards on E-bay a few years ago. made some money, bit nowhere what I payed to collect them.Citrus25
i know thats what im saying id figure ill sell it for dirt cheap for the new generation of pokemon fans but there the original ones so yea imundecided

#4 Posted by msudude211 (44516 posts) -
I should have sold my Pokemon cards while they were popular. Back in the day, some individual cards went for over $200. :o
#5 Posted by yokofox33 (29179 posts) -

They are definitely worth street cred. I'll walk down the streets of Japan and have people stare at me all weird-like, but as soon as I bust out that shiny Charizard they give me props. I own these streets now.

*It's late, I'm bored, I'm sick... sorry*

#6 Posted by hip-hop-cola2 (2454 posts) -

I just found all mine Its a huge stack of at least 423 cards of common cardsplus all my album full of all my rares and the original 150 pokemonat the time but I dont want them anymore if I can sell them id be happy but did anybody recently tried selling thiers and how much did you get

trick6952

I like how you "just found" them, but know exaclty how many there are and what you have. ADMIT YOUR HOBIE!

#7 Posted by trick6952 (1488 posts) -

[QUOTE="trick6952"]

hip-hop-cola2

I like how you "just found" them, but know exaclty how many there are and what you have. ADMIT YOUR HOBIE!

i left them in a shoebox when I moved couldnt find them anywhere till yesterday does that answer your question

#8 Posted by hip-hop-cola2 (2454 posts) -

i left them in a shoebox when I moved couldnt find them anywhere till yesterday does that answer your question

trick6952

Woah, it just cards, im not laughing at you....but you counted them all and wrote "i just found" so i was making a joke...

Jezz...some people :roll:

Atleast I lol'd

#9 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

Well the card shop here got a box of the origional 150 in last week. Some guy bought like 5 packs and busted open a Charizard and an Alakazam.

#10 Posted by -starman- (2822 posts) -

eBay

Some of them seem to be going for a few bucks, but I didn't really care enough to dig through all those pages. This'll be a good jumping off point, I imagine.

#11 Posted by starfox15 (3966 posts) -

The absolutely ridiculously rare and insane FIRST PRINT 1st edition Holo Charizard would probably net you around $50 bucks nowadays. If it was mint condition.

Sigh...

Nostalgia just swept over me like that nasty grease smell that hits you when you walk into McDonald's.

#12 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29056 posts) -
No, they're not worth anything really. Besides, I gave mine all away to my little cousin :).
#13 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17002 posts) -

The absolutely ridiculously rare and insane FIRST PRINT 1st edition Holo Charizard would probably net you around $50 bucks nowadays. If it was mint condition.

Sigh...

Nostalgia just swept over me like that nasty grease smell that hits you when you walk into McDonald's.

starfox15
Ooooh I might actually have that one. I remember my little brother collected pokemon cards at one point, and he had a shiny zapdos and shiny charizard.
#14 Posted by krazykillaz (21141 posts) -
I know they used to be. You could sell them if you want. You probably wont get much though.
#15 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

They're probably worth something to someone, but not anywhere near as much as they used to be. I have a binder full of those damn things somewhere in my closet. I was a Pokemon card collecting fiend way back when, back when they used to matter.

#16 Posted by playstationboy7 (756 posts) -

Pokemon cards aren't worth much anymore. As with baseball cards the bottom dropped out of the market a few years ago and prices plummeted. You can blame it on speculators who purchased and sold cards at inflated prices. If you have some of the older cards they might be worth something if you can find the right buyer. I sold most of my cards on E-bay a few years ago. made some money, bit nowhere what I payed to collect them.Citrus25

your wrong the most valuable baseball card is worth about 2 million dollars its the T-206 HONUS WAGNER pittsburgh pirates card its believed that there are only 50-60 in existence

#17 Posted by pygmahia5 (7408 posts) -
Heath ledger is so much better than Jack nicholson everybody, listen to me!!!!.chessmaster1989
fixed.
#18 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -

I used my old pokemon cards as ninja stars, needless to say it was quite fun.

#19 Posted by N0han (982 posts) -

depending on how lucky you are you might get somewhere between 50-100 dollar. However dont expect this much. I remember selling my entire pokemon collection for a little under 45 bucks. This was including all holos (charizard etc)

#20 Posted by remmbermytitans (7214 posts) -
I should have sold my Pokemon cards while they were popular. Back in the day, some individual cards went for over $200. :o msudude211
Seriously. I bought one of those booster packs back in the day and found a 1st ed. Dark Charizard which could probably have sold for $200+. My dad suggested I save it and sell it another time. Probably worthless right now.
#21 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5207 posts) -

idk, but I sold all my cards on ebay about 3 years ago and made about $80 for about 1000 commons and 50 or so holos, with a few really rare promo sets. In Pokemon's glory days this same collection was worth easily over $800. So the value of these things is more or less 10% of what it once was.