Are Flappy Bird, Tap To Flap and Iron Pants real games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by amaneuvering (4064 posts) -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boinkism.TapToFlap

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ironpants/id801727538?mt=8

Just wondering if they count.

#2 Edited by bowchicka07 (1104 posts) -

In my biased opinion,. No. They are all cheesy and addictive usually.

Everyone is always playing Candy Crush Saga it seems. Lame.

I really don't ever have time for games on my phone anyway.

#3 Posted by ferrari2001 (17397 posts) -

Are they games, of course they are games. They are programs meant to provide entertainment by interacting with elements on the screen. That counts as a game. Is it a hardcore video game, of course not. But it certainly is a game, no matter how lame they may be.

#4 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

my flappy bird high score is 38

#5 Edited by thegerg (16219 posts) -

Of course they are.Why wouldn't they be?

#6 Edited by amaneuvering (4064 posts) -

@4myAmuzumament:

I got 100 last night.

#7 Edited by Tqricardinho (434 posts) -

They are games. Not "gamer" games though.

They appeal to a different kind of people. Someone who plays Dark Souls and The Last of Us won't be happy playing Flappy Bird for more than 5 minutes (I only lasted 2 minutes, maybe less). Same goes for Candy Crush and the rest of the lame games from Facebook. But they still are videogames as the definition goes.

#8 Posted by platinumking320 (667 posts) -

@Tqricardinho said:

They appeal to a different kind of people. Someone who plays Dark Souls and The Last of Us won't be happy playing Flappy Bird for more than 5 minutes (I only lasted 2 minutes, maybe less). Same goes for Candy Crush and the rest of the lame games from Facebook. But they still are videogames as the definition goes.

Some of them are really teetering on the edge though. *looks sternly at Dungeon Keeper mobile & Farmville.*

#9 Edited by FelipeInside (26571 posts) -

@Tqricardinho said:

So because you don't like them then they are lame?