Arabs are finished

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

They are

"Arab civilization, such as we knew it, is all but gone. The Arab world today is more violent, unstable, fragmented and driven by extremism—the extremism of the rulers and those in opposition—than at any time since the collapse of the Ottoman Empire a century ago. Every hope of modern Arab history has been betrayed. The promise of political empowerment, the return of politics, the restoration of human dignity heralded by the season of Arab uprisings in their early heydays—all has given way to civil wars, ethnic, sectarian and regional divisions and the reassertion of absolutism, both in its military and atavistic forms."

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

I would argue we've known this since at least 1258 AD.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Doesn't that suck.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BossPerson

@Storm_Marine said:

we shoulda built a wall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-598fc45371265
@BossPerson said:

@Storm_Marine said:

we shoulda built a wall

indeed

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

Think that's bad, just wait until peak oil world economic collapse coming in the next decade two, this is as peaceful as it's going to get.

I often wonder how political elections go down in these countries. Do they preach economic ideals about bringing jobs and changing things for a better future, or do they just spout out nonsense about how they hate Israel and America more than the next guy and about being a bigger Muslim.

The mid-east should be a lesson for Americans who let their super-social conservative religious fanatics dictate half of the political spectrum of the United States.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BossPerson

@lamprey263 said:

Think that's bad, just wait until peak oil world economic collapse coming in the next decade two, this is as peaceful as it's going to get.

I often wonder how political elections go down in these countries. Do they preach economic ideals about bringing jobs and changing things for a better future, or do they just spout out nonsense about how they hate Israel and America more than the next guy and about being a bigger Muslim.

The mid-east should be a lesson for Americans who let their super-social conservative religious fanatics dictate half of the political spectrum of the United States.

elections?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if someone passes a fatwa (death sentence) on the author Hisham Melhem being a disgrace to his religion LOL.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

As someone who enjoys the history, architecture and intellectual strides of the Arab world I, while not surprised, am deeply bothered that people in that region are more concerned with religious problems and matters than preserving what built them as a people and culture.

And there was a time when Muslims were more culturally, scientifically and medically forward than European Christians.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Seems pretty much like it, it's sickening how the entire Arab world is engulfed in constant slaughter and oppression for what seems like forever.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lamprey263

@BossPerson said:

@lamprey263 said:

elections?

well, they had them in Egypt, saw how that went

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BossPerson

@lamprey263 said:

@BossPerson said:

@lamprey263 said:

elections?

well, they had them in Egypt, saw how that went

it was basically 80 % fear mongering and 20 % policy

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Yea I knew this is Politico even before hovering my mouse over the link. To say the Arabs are finished in the present would be comparable to having said Europe was finished at some point in the not so distant past. Overly simplistic and too shortsighted. My guess is that Politico's commentators and writers/analysts are still butthurt and bereaved over what happened to the fascist brotherhood in the region. I haven't read the article but I wouldn't be surprised if whoever wrote it brought up Egypt, Libya and Tunisia and started weeping how democracy failed there. Its fucking amazing how significant the fascist brotherhood turned out to be for American democrats and European liberals. And of course it could also have something to do with how everybody is giving the U.S the finger around here. With everybody I mean KSA, UAE and Egypt mainly speaking. It goes like "Oh so you don't want us anymore? **** you we jinx you".

I personally don't see it this way at all. Let it brew for a little longer though. Its impossible for an outsider to actually understand what's happening to the region, like what's really happening other than ISIS and ethnic strife.

With all of that said, its been actually pleasing lately to hear all this Arabs' doomsday malarkey. It means some people will finally GTFO and leave the region to sort its own affairs.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BossPerson

@GazaAli said:

Yea I knew this is Politico even before hovering my mouse over the link. To say the Arabs are finished in the present would be comparable to having said Europe was finished at some point in the not so distant past. Overly simplistic and too shortsighted. My guess is that Politico's commentators and writers/analysts are still butthurt and bereaved over what happened to the fascist brotherhood in the region. I haven't read the article but I wouldn't be surprised if whoever wrote it brought up Egypt, Libya and Tunisia and started weeping how democracy failed there. Its fucking amazing how significant the fascist brotherhood turned out to be for American democrats and European liberals. And of course it could also have something to do with how everybody is giving the U.S the finger around here. With everybody I mean KSA, UAE and Egypt mainly speaking. It goes like "Oh so you don't want us anymore? **** you we jinx you".

I personally don't see it this way at all. Let it brew for a little longer though. Its impossible for an outsider to actually understand what's happening to the region, like what's really happening other than ISIS and ethnic strife.

With all of that said, its been actually pleasing lately to hear all this Arabs' doomsday malarkey. It means some people will finally GTFO and leave the region to sort its own affairs.

you know i like to exaggerate for fun every so often.

Actually, the article is written by the washington cheif of al arabiya (i know, i know). But he does actually mention the shit brotherhoods attempts to gain total control in egypt. He pretty much calls out every actor. Although unsurprisingly he shifts as much blame as possible from the West.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-598fc45371265

Look on the bright side. At least you're still better off than Africa.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I wouldn't say it gone, however its going to take more than a generation to recuperate. The area is filled with conflict on tribal/religious lines. If the west left tmw it would still take decades, but then you'd still have the entire Saudi/Iran proxy bullshit still going on.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

and nothing of value

hi boss and gaza

still kicking i see : >

much love

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

But I am still alive..... probably because I'm not Arab lol.
Ain't opening that link. Smells like flamebait.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

a stunning turn when you think of their place in history as one of the most advanced and brilliant civilizations that ever existed.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

The mid-east should be a lesson for Americans who let their super-social conservative religious fanatics dictate half of the political spectrum of the UnitedStates.

Any point you had was ruined by this comment. People need to wake up and see America for what it is and not what far left outlets tell you it is. America has not been run by anything even close to conservatives for a while and has been getting more left wing on every level for decades, and getting way worse. The left controls way more than half of this country.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lamprey263

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@lamprey263 said:

The mid-east should be a lesson for Americans who let their super-social conservative religious fanatics dictate half of the political spectrum of the UnitedStates.

Any point you had was ruined by this comment. People need to wake up and see America for what it is and not what far left outlets tell you it is. America has not been run by anything even close to conservatives for a while and has been getting more left wing on every level for decades, and getting way worse. The left controls way more than half of this country.

that's a load of utter bull, the far right has been leading an obstruction phalanx since Obama and a Democratic congress took office in 2009

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@lamprey263 said:

that's a load of utter bull, the far right has been leading an obstruction phalanx since Obama and a Democratic congress took office in 2009

Since the dems had a super majority for like 2 years, I call BS on your part. Also Harry Reid obstructs in the senate and the left controls education, tv, hollywood, courts....Yeah, wake up and smell the coffee. Just because CNN and your lefty teachers say it's true, doesn't mean it is. Wake the hell up and take off your blinders, see whats going on beyond the house. Jeez, the left really has control over the west.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost: While I agree in part, a lot of what the left would consider progress in achieving its agenda has been stalemated by the right several times. The biggest part the left is playing is every time they are blocked, most media outlets will spin such obstructions as ignorance and stupidity by the right.

I'm no expert in economics, political science, or anything like that, so I won't comment on which side is correct, but I definitely grew up in a time where 'conservative' has become a byword for ignorance and, depending on your views and upbringing, it may be rightly so.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GazaAli

@BossPerson said:

@GazaAli said:

you know i like to exaggerate for fun every so often.

Actually, the article is written by the washington cheif of al arabiya (i know, i know). But he does actually mention the shit brotherhoods attempts to gain total control in egypt. He pretty much calls out every actor. Although unsurprisingly he shifts as much blame as possible from the West.

I know mate I was referring to whoever wrote the article or commentary or whatever. Of course he does mention it now, after all hopes for the fascist brotherhood to regain power in the region have dissipated. Sort of trying to save face and cash in on the overwhelming anti-fascist brotherhood sentiments sweeping the region right now. Its even more cunning and deceitful this way you know as it entails a higher degree of duplicity.

Or haven't you been paying attention to the White house's spokesmen and press releases in the past two years or so? Or Obama's strange silence throughout the abysmal, and thank God short lived, Mursi regime? It was a joke of diplomacy and international affairs to observe the Obama's administration reaction to the event of 30/6 last year, and the laughable reluctance and inability to take an actual stand either way. Obama and the rest of his crew kept whispering to each other "coup or no coup, what do you think we should say?" and before they knew it the train has left the station. I'm speaking rather rhetorically here I'm sure you've been paying enough attention at least.

This is why I said its extremely hard for outsiders to really grasp what's going on in the region and see beyond the admittedly terrible status quo. I personally believe that the fall of the fascist brotherhood is one decisive and unequivocal triumph for every decent human being in the region. In due course the region will make use of that victory and the true scale of the expediency of that victory will be conspicuously revealed. And I'm not one to kid myself, it will take a considerable period of time. I may not even see it in my lifetime.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GazaAli

@MrPraline said:

and nothing of value

hi boss and gaza

much love

Kijken jullie het is Praline! erg leuk om met je te weer praten :3

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@lamprey263: Again, a statement with no facts. What law has the religious right imposed on anyone? The religious right has certainly had a number of laws passed that go against their beliefs and when they dare complain they are scorned.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BossPerson

@MrPraline said:

and nothing of value

hi boss and gaza

much love

wow youre alive

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

a stunning turn when you think of their place in history as one of the most advanced and brilliant civilizations that ever existed.

Largely due to the discovery of the region's vast oil reserves and the subsequent manipulation by western nations, the U.K. and U.S. most notably. That and the Mongols, of course.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lamprey263

@JimB said:

@lamprey263: Again, a statement with no facts. What law has the religious right imposed on anyone? The religious right has certainly had a number of laws passed that go against their beliefs and when they dare complain they are scorned.

Fighting against woman's birth control coverage, fighting against woman's reproductive rights in a number of states and eliminating woman's health clinics and family planning centers through targeted over-regulations of clinics or elimination of funding, by attempting to introduce creationist curriculum in education, or GOP politicians that use the Bible to deny climate change and push for ecological devastating energy extraction. FCC regulations following the Superbowl nipple slip. Fighting against equal rights for gays, which hurts survivor benefits, making medical decisions for partners, sharing insurance benefits, among many other things. Fighting a repeal of don't ask don't tell and allowing gays to openly serve in the military. Fighting state by state against gay marriage by passing their own states' marriage laws defining marriage as between man and woman. And sure, they're not actually able to achieve much sure, but they're always trying. But, we continually get conservative politicians saying stuff like American is a Christian nation, that it's founded on Christian principles, that it's a theocratic nation. On the right they're always bitching about culture war issues regarding secularism as an affront to Christianity and Christian values, rather than seeing it as the most egalitarian law regarding respect to religion. No, the American right is very vested in promoting Christianity through government, then bemoan their freedom of religion is violated when they can't force their views on others. Sure they may not get their way all the time but hey they're still trying, they still make up nearly half of representative government and they they're only a stones throw away from seizing enough power to have their way. And there isn't any issue the Christian conservatives can't twist into having a religious basis. Couple that with the far rights open call for secession, to use guns to fight against some far fetch oppression, to overthrow the government they call tyrannical when they don't get their way. I say yeah, they're right on the nearly on the cusp of psycho religious extremism.

But, what are you saying laws have been passed that go against their beliefs? Still throwing a fit a bakery can't discriminate against making a wedding cake for a gay couple? Because if so you'd be right that people would laugh at you for bitching about that.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#31 Hiddai
Member since 2004 • 6117 Posts

I don't think so...but this ISIS is very interesting thing from my perspective as a middle eastern person.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GazaAli

@Hiddai said:

I don't think so...but this ISIS is very interesting thing from my perspective as a middle eastern person.

How are you a middle eastern exactly?

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Middle East world sux since forever IMO. they prayed God every half an hour?!... well, let them be..

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

Largely due to the discovery of the region's vast oil reserves and the subsequent manipulation by western nations, the U.K. and U.S. most notably. That and the Mongols, of course.

lulz. yeah, the united states fucked over the arabs 200 years before the europeans discovered north america.

goddamn us!!!!

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@BossPerson said:

@Dogswithguns said:

Middle East world sux since forever IMO. they prayed God every half an hour?!... well, let them be..

i fucked your mom

:lol::lol::lol:

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

State of mind - and the young arabs are sick of it ..... sick of being told by conservative and their fatwa's

Internet - arabs need sodom and gomorrah back .... or else they will be stuck with their military parents

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@lamprey263 said:

Actually even the American left is conservative on a European scale. Going slightly more left is not necessarily a bad thing. What worked economically in the 1950's before the rise of the global economy will not work in today's world. Adapt or be destroyed.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Personally I believe Arabs lack a good leadership. One that's neither a fascist nor a chicken...

On a different note I sense that what Arabs need to realize is that they belong to Islam not that Islam belongs to them. It could do wonders...

Treyvon_Martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Treyvon_Martin
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The black community has embraced islam and has never had a problem with violence or attacks of any sort. Our brothers must not be silenced.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GazaAli

@BossPerson said:

@Dogswithguns said:

i fucked your mom

Only fair

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@BossPerson said:

@Dogswithguns said:

i fucked your mom

Only fair

Oh yeah, this proves. praying God everyday and every half an hour doesn't make you a good person.. doesn't it?!

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hiddai

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

IIRC we both live in the Middle East...

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

lulz. yeah, the united states fucked over the arabs 200 years before the europeans discovered north america.

goddamn us!!!!

Look at our history in the region post WWII. Overthrowing the Iranian government in the 50s because they wanted to nationalize their oil industry. U.K. basically redrawing the map after WWII. The U.S. installing Hussein in Iraq, supporting them in their war with Iran and then selling weapons to Iran at the same time.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@JimB said:

The religious right would take a woman's reproductive rights, force her to bear child (even in the case of rape), and then to top it off take away her benefits leaving her helpless to care for the child. Do you not see how f'd up that is? Where is the compassion in that?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GazaAli

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

So if I happened to move to Europe at some point would that make me European? Just because you live somewhere doesn't automatically render you native to it. It also doesn't mean you coalesced with it.You of all people should know that.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hiddai

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

So if I happened to move to Europe at some point would that make me European? Just because you live somewhere doesn't automatically render you native to it. It also doesn't mean you coalesced with it.You of all people should know that.

True. But i didn't move to the middle east. I was born here...what do you think i am?

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

who have committed the most unabated genocides in the modern ear, Europeans/Americans

who have used nuclear weapons, Americans. Used upon Japan after they had already 'conditionally' surrendered yet two bombs were dropped on civilian cities. Nuclear weapons were used in all the current middle east war in the forms of DU munitions, depleted uranium has a half life of 4.5 billions years, and the endless birth defects go unreported on corporate controlled US propagandized 'news'.

The propagandized 'cold war' only killed millions of Asians, Africans and Arabs, never was there known a death of a white Russian against a white American.

Marxism, Communism, Christianity, Judaism are all invented by Jewish people, or so called Jews despite there being no such thing as a 'pure blooded Jewish race of people' on Earth. Semitic only refers to the Hebrew language at best, nothing to do with race, and even if it did, there are probably less than 1% of the entire human population that is literate in Hebrew... meaning reading and writing Semitic.

They just announced on the News via the web that the US found $1.5 TRILLION worth of mineral deposits in Afghanistan... oh really? that is the real reason they invaded the country illegally, they use HAARP tomography to find any mineral, rare earth, gold, oil deposits on the planet, they already know where the treasures are, so they invade illegally to steal the resources of these innocent nations and propagandize by whatever means necessary to achieve their agenda of greed, deception and subversion of reality and truth.

the problem is not Islam or Arabs although I'm personally anti-religious, but I'd say the fanatics of modern reality are what I call Nazionists, those that use elitism eugenics via the front of false righteous Zionism to commit genocide against innocent peoples of the world and it's been going on for hundreds if not thousands of years. Nazionists are Nazi Zionists and they are far more successful than Islamists.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@yixingtpot
If you think America is committing genocide you are misinformed. You're definition of the cold war seems off as well. Pretty much everything you just said is tin-foil hat material.