Anyone watch the movie titled Ninja Assassin?

#1 Posted by hydralisk86 (8526 posts) -

This movie had lots of blood, lots of fighting, not exactly the most unique story, but was OK IMO.

#2 Posted by magicalclick (22442 posts) -

Yeah, it is pretty interesting especially with weapons of choice.

#3 Posted by airshocker (29039 posts) -

It was pretty awful.

#4 Edited by MonsieurX (29507 posts) -

Nope,nobody but you watched it OP.

#5 Posted by BranKetra (48120 posts) -

The variety of weaponry was good since ninjas historically have been proficient with many different types. Other than that, it had some recurring Japanese themes such as the female love interest dying and enacting vengeance. It was a film I was willing to watch, but I do not intend to see it again.

#6 Posted by hydralisk86 (8526 posts) -

The variety of weaponry was good since ninjas historically have been proficient with many different types. Other than that, it had some recurring Japanese themes such as the female love interest dying and enacting vengeance. It was a film I was willing to watch, but I do not intend to see it again.

If i'm correct, 2 of the main characters who were ninjas were actually Korean, and some of the other ninjas from young age seemed to be from different ethnicities. But the 2 ninjas were given japanese names i think.

#7 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10121 posts) -

didn't go through the whole thing cause couldn't stand a ninja who wouldn't wear proper ninja suit. :p

#8 Edited by konvikt_17 (22168 posts) -

i enoyed the movie.

that fucking knife on the chain thing was awesome.

i wonder if that is actually possible to do irl.

#9 Edited by BranKetra (48120 posts) -

@hydralisk86 said:

@BranKetra said:

If i'm correct, 2 of the main characters who were ninjas were actually Korean, and some of the other ninjas from young age seemed to be from different ethnicities. But the 2 ninjas were given japanese names i think.

Ninjas are Japanese, though. Also, they are all trained by a Japanese master ninja.

#10 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14399 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

The actors who portrayed the film's protagonist Raizo and his teenage version were South Korean actors Rain and Lee Joon. The young antagonist Takeshi was played by Korean American actor Rick Yune, while the older villain was played by Sho Kosugi, a Japanese martial artist/actor famous for playing ninja characters in the 1980s.