Anyone See Wreck-It Ralph Yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7321 posts) -

Wreck-It Ralph came out on Friday (well, in the U.S.)! Did anyone go see it? I sure did!

The story was basically modern day Toy Story, so I had to like it. The voice acting rocked too, with Reilly, Silverman, and Lynch standing out. The animation was beautiful for it to be a non-Pixar movie. I have to give it a 10/10!

What did you guys think of it? Did anyone see it?

#2 Posted by Kage1 (6727 posts) -

Never heard of it.

#3 Posted by pie-junior (2821 posts) -
My little brother saw it and he won't shut up about how good it was.
#4 Posted by AtlanticRock (8122 posts) -

I wanted to go last night to see it but then realized how cold it was and cancelled... I need a winter coat. -__-

#5 Posted by AfroPirate (674 posts) -

My little brother saw it and he won't shut up about how good it was.pie-junior

lol

#6 Posted by NiKva (8768 posts) -
I want to go see it. Maybe I can convince my parents...
#7 Posted by CleanPlayer (9772 posts) -
I saw it last night with my girlfriend, it was awesome!!! Seeing it again in 3D lol
#8 Posted by BatCrazedJoker (1978 posts) -
I will probably wait for it to come out on dvd.
#9 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13932 posts) -

Is Mario in it? Then if not, big uber bullsh*t movie

#10 Posted by Cyanide4Suicid3 (783 posts) -
Id love to see it, but my girlfriend and I have nobody to watch our son AND we dont have the extra money anyway, lol
#11 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

I tend to only go to the movies to see action films, anything else I'm fine watching at home.

#12 Posted by kairikh (1387 posts) -

really wanna but im too lazy to walk to the movies :lol: hopefully wen i go home ills see it with my bro and sis :D

#13 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -

[QUOTE="pie-junior"]My little brother saw it and he won't shut up about how good it was.AfroPirate

lol

#14 Posted by bobbetybob (19114 posts) -
I would except it doesn't come out until February in the UK
#15 Posted by WiiMan21 (8148 posts) -

Going to see it with my family tonight, and I'm seeing Argo with some friends later tonight.

#16 Posted by NoSpeakyEnglish (677 posts) -

I saw it last night and it was AWESOME. Even the short film preceding the film was outstanding. Easily the best family film of the millenium.

#17 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34115 posts) -

TheFallenDemon

I think Pixar tried to get mario and Luigi in the movie, but didn't want to pay the extremely high price that Nintendo asked for for them to use the Mario brothers. Or so I heard.

Apparantly Bowser was cheap enough though.

#18 Posted by benleslie5 (7727 posts) -

I have to wait til FEB 2013 for it :(

#19 Posted by Wanderer5 (25658 posts) -

Freaking love it. So funny and the story went a nice direction that were supported by a great main cast.

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

DJ-Lafleur

I think Pixar tried to get mario and Luigi in the movie, but didn't want to pay the extremely high price that Nintendo asked for for them to use the Mario brothers. Or so I heard.

Pixar didn't make this. And well Mario got mention at least.:P

#20 Posted by konvikt_17 (22129 posts) -

i wanna see it, but not enough to pay for a movie ticket. sh!ts expensive.

#21 Posted by Nuck81 (5818 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

DJ-Lafleur

Fix it Felix and Wreck it Ralph are practically Mario and Donkey Kong. This movie needed Mario more than Mario needed Wreck it Ralph. Sonic is for hire on the other hand.
#22 Posted by yokofox33 (29196 posts) -

I want to see it, but I don't have much disposable income these days. I realize it's only like 8-10 bucks to see it, but yeah, it's rough being unemployed.

#23 Posted by dercoo (12555 posts) -

Just got back from the theater, and ***** was that amazing:D

I've not seen a western animated movie this good since TS3,

I mean, ***** that final act had more feels than Iron Giant.:cry:

On a side note the theater I went to though having it on two screens was a good idea(1 2d 1 3d), to summarize NO IT WASN"T!!!!

They had a line reaching out the door on a cold rainy day:evil:

#24 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -
I actually just came back from seeing it in 3D. I thought it was awesome! Love all the easter eggs in the movie and the story was really good, it got emotional too. I'll definitely be seeing it again.

Also, the reason Mario wasn't in it was because they couldn't think of a big enough role for him, since Fix-It Felix was basically like Mario. They said thet would love to get Mario and Luigi in the sequel. :D
#25 Posted by edgewalker16 (2279 posts) -

I thought it was a great movie...it's a PG movie that appeals more to PG-13 and R-rated audiences. (Those audiences were actually alive to play the games that have cameos in the movie.)

#26 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -
I will probably wait for it to come out on dvd.BatCrazedJoker
#27 Posted by soulless4now (41359 posts) -

Definitely the best animated film I've seen all year. A hell of a lot better than Brave. I just thought Sarah Silverman's voice took away from the movie a bit.

#28 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -

konvikt_17
$4.50 is expensive?
#29 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

YoshiYogurt

$4.50 is expensive?

It depends on where you buy it from. For example it's $5.50 for my nearest theater, 8 bucks in 3D, etc.

#30 Posted by soulless4now (41359 posts) -

$4.50 and $5.50 is cheap. I had to pay $8.50 for matinee.

#31 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -
I also loved the use of techno mixed in with the retro music. Awesome OST. :D
#32 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

soulless4now

Hot damn, glad I don't go to a theater like that.

#33 Posted by Tylendal (14680 posts) -
Beautiful movie. I still keep laughing about the most tragic back-story ever programmed.
#34 Posted by soulless4now (41359 posts) -

[QUOTE="soulless4now"]

mitu123

It's called living in California. That's price most theaters are or at least somewhere around it. It's one reason I try not to go to the movies often but at least the theater I go to gives me free snacks sometimes. Got a free icee when I saw Ralph thanks to their smartphone app.
#35 Posted by Tylendal (14680 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="soulless4now"]

soulless4now

It's called living in California. That's price most theaters are or at least somewhere around it. It's one reason I try not to go to the movies often but at least the theater I go to gives me free snacks sometimes. Got a free icee when I saw Ralph thanks to their smartphone app.

It cost me $15, but Silver City's chairs are just so comfortable, and their steep seating is so easy on the neck.
#36 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="soulless4now"]

soulless4now

Ah, now it makes perfect sense, I never get anything free in them though.:(

#37 Posted by soulless4now (41359 posts) -
It cost me $15, but Silver City's chairs are just so comfortable, and their steep seating is so easy on the neck.Tylendal
$15 is way too much. For that price I would expect a massage too.
Ah, now it makes perfect sense, I never get anything free in them though.:(mitu123
I don't get free stuff often either. Most of the coupons they send me is usually buy a drink and get a bag of popcorn free or buy some nachos or a hot dog and get a drink free.
#38 Posted by Bloodseeker23 (8338 posts) -

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

mitu123

$4.50 is expensive?

It depends on where you buy it from. For example it's $5.50 for my nearest theater, 8 bucks in 3D, etc.

thats freaking cheap. It's like 17 bucks for 3D here and 12 bucks for regular ticket. DAHELL
#39 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] $4.50 is expensive?Bloodseeker23

thats freaking cheap. It's like 17 bucks for 3D here and 12 bucks for regular ticket. DAHELL

...I'm lost for words...

#40 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6516 posts) -
Amazing movie. Really good voice actors too. Cant believe I didnt realize who the villain was until the end.
#41 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -
All these people that are like "omg wreck it Ralph" and they're just average people who aren't even into video games, let alone retro games...
#42 Posted by soulless4now (41359 posts) -
Amazing movie. Really good voice actors too. Cant believe I didnt realize who the villain was until the end.Capitan_Kid
Same. I should've saw that coming, but it's nice be surprised since some movies are too predictable nowadays.
#43 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11477 posts) -

I thought it was really good, what did everyone think about the Paperman short? The animation was amazing!

#44 Posted by konvikt_17 (22129 posts) -

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

YoshiYogurt

$4.50 is expensive?

its like $10.50 here.

#45 Posted by soulless4now (41359 posts) -

I thought it was really good, what did everyone think about the Paperman short? The animation was amazing!

PhazonBlazer
Indeed. That was Pixar quality right there which was surprising. Glad to see the movie was number one this weekend with $49.1 million. ^_^
#46 Posted by dercoo (12555 posts) -

PhazonBlazer

Twas amazing, though unfortunately out of focus for me:?

The projecter was off, and gave a blurred image. Reported it as Wreck it Ralph started, and it was quickly fixed.

#47 Posted by dercoo (12555 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

soulless4now

Indeed. That was Pixar quality right there which was surprising. Glad to see the movie was number one this weekend with $49.1 million. ^_^

Well the head of pixar is now the head creative mind of all Disney animated movies(part of the merger).

#48 Posted by TheFatPerson (1802 posts) -

[QUOTE="soulless4now"]

mitu123

It gets worse.

Where I live, tickets cost 15$.

#49 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

mitu123

$4.50 is expensive?

Wow, you guys are all lucky. $10 for a 2D ticket here.

#50 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -