Anyone in OT go to community college?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killblade37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killblade37
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts

If so how was it? Was it atleast semi fun or was it mostly like high school?

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
I didn't really find it to be much fun, but that may be because I never really made any friends or even really talked to people.
yahtzo900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yahtzo900
Member since 2003 • 1173 Posts
I didn't really find it to be much fun, but that may be because I never really made any friends or even really talked to people. thriteenthmonke
I had/am having the same exact experience with community college atm.
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts
I'd imagine to be the same as High School, just in a college setting. Especially when you can go home in a said community college
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

It's terrible dude, if you can get to a university do it! I regret coming here so bad, the only upside is the classes are ridiculously easy so you should have no problem transfering to a better University.

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
nah I'm going straight to a 4 year
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

I am despite being accepted toa few 4yrs uni's, but its for a good reason. I have to take 18 courses to be considered into my major so i gotta study at a CC for 3yrs(lots of classes that require prereqs) :? If i went to a uni i'd be paying 12k for 3 yrs for undergrad & i dont have that kinda money atm.

killblade37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killblade37
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts

It's terrible dude, if you can get to a university do it! I regret coming here so bad, the only upside is the classes are ridiculously easy so you should have no problem transfering to a better University.

Jolt_counter119

Im doing it because of money reasons its way cheaper to do 2 years then transfer and the good thing is by doing 2 years at CC here you can transfer to almost any school in the state =) so its basically a cheap way to get into a REALLY good school.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Not anymore. I finished up in the June and transferred out for this coming fall semester. I had some good teachers, but it was a bit too easy since I never put in much of an effort when it came to the work load.

Avatar image for ChaelaMcchubble
ChaelaMcchubble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChaelaMcchubble
Member since 2009 • 455 Posts

I am going to community college for my nursing degree. I personally hate the college I go to. Most of the people like to share their life story to much, and it gets old when every single persons story is "I had a child before I was 20, I did drugs, I dropped outta highschool, I had a hard life, etc."

My classmates now are pretty cool since its a limited entry class I can't wait to graduate in September!

Avatar image for ChaelaMcchubble
ChaelaMcchubble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChaelaMcchubble
Member since 2009 • 455 Posts

I'd imagine to be the same as High School, just in a college setting. Especially when you can go home in a said community collegeJIT93

I don't think it is like high school at all, in college you mostly teach yourself everything you need to know because class time is very limited and the teachers aren't always available if you need more help