Anyone here an optomitrist or can help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

When I visited the eye doctor the other day they let me wear my glasses and the lady told me to cover my left eye and read the first line I could.. I couldn't see the chart out of my right eye so I made stuff up. I could read the second to last line with my left. This is with my glasses on so im worried im going blind in my right eye.

THEY SURE AS HELL DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

help ot?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

HighWind, my man, you need to go back to the doctor and tell him/her what you told us. You don't want to delay on this and lose your eyesight.

Seanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Seanh
Member since 2015 • 203 Posts

@Master_Live said:

HighWind, my man, you need to go back to the doctor and tell him/her what you told us. You don't want to delay on this and lose your eyesight.

Yup. This. Go back to the doctor / optician.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@TheHighWind: Yeah mate, go back to your doctor. Also get some advice on how to exercise your eye sight and keep them healthy. And tell yourself your eyesight will stay strong and that youll try your best. Worrying yourself about you maybe getting worst eyesight could actually help make it worst.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Couldn't see the chart with that one eye or couldn't read the chart with that eye? If it's just out of focus, you probably just need a new prescription for your glasses. If you're blind-blind, then that's an even bigger problem. Honestly though an eye exam should have noticed any degeneration and the doctor might have asked about it so hopefully that's not the case... or you just have a bad eye doctor. They should have taken a retinal scan photo to spot unhealthy parts of the eye that can lead to you losing your sight. It's a real quick easy process that's no big deal. At the very least you should have had the drops that open up your pupils and let in more light so they can see the back of your eyeball and examine it manually with those eye scopes. Did you get that? If not, it sounds like you didn't get a very comprehensive eye exam. Go to a Lens Crafters, they do a good job cheap, they just don't sell glasses very cheap, get your prescription there but buy a cheap pair from Walmart.