anyone got a free flac converter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

the ones i install cuts of the music tracks. and Yes I search google but the files I found cut off the tracks, anotother was only limited to 10 tracks convert,and another had its file corrupted. so whats a good free flac converter with no restrictions?

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

I read the OP twice, and all I got was...

[spoiler] a [/spoiler] [spoiler] Aflac [/spoiler]

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
are you trying to convert to wav or mp3 or what
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheShadowLord07

are you trying to convert to wav or mp3 or whatJandurin
mp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]are you trying to convert to wav or mp3 or whatTheShadowLord07

mp3

why would you do that :(
uncledeath2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 uncledeath2005
Member since 2005 • 5890 Posts

That is like swapping your sports car for a bike with one wheel. There is an old program called Super that was pretty good at conversions.

TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheShadowLord07

That is like swapping your sports car for a bike with one wheel. There is an old program called Super that was pretty good at conversions.

uncledeath2005

i need them to be in mp3 for my zune. my zune dones not support flac files

uncledeath2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uncledeath2005

[QUOTE="uncledeath2005"]

TheShadowLord07

Well that is just poor on Zune's part :P but yeah google Super it's a good bit of freeware.
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheShadowLord07

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

[QUOTE="uncledeath2005"]

uncledeath2005

Well that is just poor on Zune's part :P but yeah google Super it's a good bit of freeware.

hey there arent many mp3 players that even play flac. and I did a search but couldnt find anything. you dont remember anything else?

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts

[QUOTE="uncledeath2005"]

For your Zune.... heh....
uncledeath2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uncledeath2005

[QUOTE="uncledeath2005"][QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]i need them to be in mp3 for my zune. my zune dones not support flac files

TheShadowLord07

hey there arent many mp3 players that even play flac. and I did a search but couldnt find anything. you dont remember anything else?

Super Video Converter by erightsoft
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheShadowLord07

[QUOTE="uncledeath2005"] Well that is just poor on Zune's part :P but yeah google Super it's a good bit of freeware.uncledeath2005

I donwload it but I cant add a folder and the thing wont find the music I want to convert

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Frame_Dragger

[QUOTE="uncledeath2005"][QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]hey there arent many mp3 players that even play flac. and I did a search but couldnt find anything. you dont remember anything else?

I donwload it but I cant add a folder and the thing wont find the music I want to convert

It's life's way of telling you to get a player that does flac instead of an older and more compressed format.
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheShadowLord07

[QUOTE="uncledeath2005"] Super Video Converter by erightsoftFrame_Dragger

It's life's way of telling you to get a player that does flac instead of an older and more compressed format.

im sorry did you say something?

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Frame_Dragger

[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"][QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]I donwload it but I cant add a folder and the thing wont find the music I want to convert

Sorry, it's possible that hysterical laughter drowned out my contempt for the Zune. Kidding aside though, it would be amazing to find anyone who makes a down-converter like that. Better to convert from FLAC to wav, then wav to mp3... and that's easy to find. Then get yourself a real player and post vid of you burning the Zune in a bonfire.
Zelda99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Zelda99
Member since 2004 • 770 Posts

You dont need to convert your files to mp3 to put it on your Zune, use WMA 9.2 lossless (Windows Media Audio). if you can find a program that will covert it from flac to WMA 9.2 lossless, your file compression will be minimal and the song will still remain lossless

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts
format factory
PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts
Foobar2000. Really simple media player with a ton of functionality. You can convert FLAC to a variety of other formats. I use it to convert FLAC to MP3 for my iPod. And to anyone doubting, you can't tell the difference between a 320kpbs MP3 and a FLAC file. Not to mention the space saved with the MP3 format.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Foobar2000. Really simple media player with a ton of functionality. You can convert FLAC to a variety of other formats. I use it to convert FLAC to MP3 for my iPod. And to anyone doubting, you can't tell the difference between a 320kpbs MP3 and a FLAC file. Not to mention the space saved with the MP3 format.PS2_ROCKS
depends on the song
PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PS2_ROCKS
[QUOTE="PS2_ROCKS"]Foobar2000. Really simple media player with a ton of functionality. You can convert FLAC to a variety of other formats. I use it to convert FLAC to MP3 for my iPod. And to anyone doubting, you can't tell the difference between a 320kpbs MP3 and a FLAC file. Not to mention the space saved with the MP3 format.Jandurin
depends on the song

I`ve never seen a blind listening test workout to anything more than just guessing. Regardless, care to give me an example of a song where you can tell the difference?
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Use itunes..., it's free.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="PS2_ROCKS"]Foobar2000. Really simple media player with a ton of functionality. You can convert FLAC to a variety of other formats. I use it to convert FLAC to MP3 for my iPod. And to anyone doubting, you can't tell the difference between a 320kpbs MP3 and a FLAC file. Not to mention the space saved with the MP3 format.PS2_ROCKS
depends on the song

I`ve never seen a blind listening test workout to anything more than just guessing. Regardless, care to give me an example of a song where you can tell the difference?

all of them i am god
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheShadowLord07

Foobar2000. Really simple media player with a ton of functionality. You can convert FLAC to a variety of other formats. I use it to convert FLAC to MP3 for my iPod. And to anyone doubting, you can't tell the difference between a 320kpbs MP3 and a FLAC file. Not to mention the space saved with the MP3 format.PS2_ROCKS
i think i need some sort of command line encorder. do you know where I can find one

PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PS2_ROCKS

[QUOTE="PS2_ROCKS"]Foobar2000. Really simple media player with a ton of functionality. You can convert FLAC to a variety of other formats. I use it to convert FLAC to MP3 for my iPod. And to anyone doubting, you can't tell the difference between a 320kpbs MP3 and a FLAC file. Not to mention the space saved with the MP3 format.TheShadowLord07

i think i need some sort of command line encorder. do you know where I can find one

Might I ask why you need a command-line encoder? Are you not running Windows?
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Frame_Dragger
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="PS2_ROCKS"]Foobar2000. Really simple media player with a ton of functionality. You can convert FLAC to a variety of other formats. I use it to convert FLAC to MP3 for my iPod. And to anyone doubting, you can't tell the difference between a 320kpbs MP3 and a FLAC file. Not to mention the space saved with the MP3 format.PS2_ROCKS
depends on the song

Anything classical
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts

[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"] It's life's way of telling you to get a player that does flac instead of an older and more compressed format.Frame_Dragger

Sorry, it's possible that hysterical laughter drowned out my contempt for the Zune. Kidding aside though, it would be amazing to find anyone who makes a down-converter like that. Better to convert from FLAC to wav, then wav to mp3... and that's easy to find. Then get yourself a real player and post vid of you burning the Zune in a bonfire.

Leave me Zune alone! It is the best damn MP3 player I've ever used. When I listen to music at home, I listen to FLAC, and when I'm on the go all I need is mp3 (technically WMA lossless)
Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

Put the song in Audacity, and then export it as mp3.

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Frame_Dragger

[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"][QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]im sorry did you say something?

majoras_wrath

Leave me Zune alone! It is the best damn MP3 player I've ever used. When I listen to music at home, I listen to FLAC, and when I'm on the go all I need is mp3 (technically WMA lossless)

I still like and respect you maj... just less than I did a few seconds ago. :D

PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PS2_ROCKS
[QUOTE="PS2_ROCKS"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] depends on the songFrame_Dragger

Anything classical

Roughly half my library is FLAC ripped from CDs and half is MP3 encoded for my iPod. I keep my library on shuffle and I've never once thought "this is definitely flac...or this is definitely mp3". 320kpbs is too high. 256 can even be a toss up but less than that the difference becomes more clear.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts

[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"][QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"] Sorry, it's possible that hysterical laughter drowned out my contempt for the Zune. Kidding aside though, it would be amazing to find anyone who makes a down-converter like that. Better to convert from FLAC to wav, then wav to mp3... and that's easy to find. Then get yourself a real player and post vid of you burning the Zune in a bonfire.Frame_Dragger

I still like and respect you maj... just less than I did a few seconds ago. :D

:cry: My life will never be the same without your approval *continues shopping for audiophile headphones ;)*
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Frame_Dragger
[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"][QUOTE="PS2_ROCKS"] I`ve never seen a blind listening test workout to anything more than just guessing. Regardless, care to give me an example of a song where you can tell the difference?PS2_ROCKS
Anything classical

Roughly half my library is FLAC ripped from CDs and half is MP3 encoded for my iPod. I keep my library on shuffle and I've never once thought "this is definitely flac...or this is definitely mp3". 320kpbs is too high. 256 can even be a toss up but less than that the difference becomes more clear.

What can I say, when it comes to the high ranges from multiple sources such as string and brass I notice it.

@majoras_wrath: BE STRONG!... and tell me if you find some good ones, I'm in the market too (seriously).
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

[QUOTE="PS2_ROCKS"]Foobar2000. Really simple media player with a ton of functionality. You can convert FLAC to a variety of other formats. I use it to convert FLAC to MP3 for my iPod. And to anyone doubting, you can't tell the difference between a 320kpbs MP3 and a FLAC file. Not to mention the space saved with the MP3 format.TheShadowLord07

For Foobar2000? Yes, you need the command-line encoder for whatever format you're converting to.

Here. You can just get the zip (flac-1.2.1-win.zip) and extract it somewhere (like C:\FLAC). Foobar2000 will ask for the location of the encoder when you go to convert for the first time.. it's in the \bin\ subdirectory.

Foobar2000 really is the best front-end for music transcoding, by the way.