Anyone else like New Wave music?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by the_plan_man (1543 posts) -

Bands like The Cure, New Order, The The, The Pretenders, and The Police? I think it's some of the best music around, and have really gotten into a lot of it. What do you think about it, and what are some of your favorite bands from it?

#2 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15847 posts) -

Not really. But, I rather have New Wave over disco.

#3 Posted by freek666 (22312 posts) -

I do enjoy it but the only New Wave artist/band that I listen to nowadays is Blondie.

And what on earth is wrong with disco?

#4 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15847 posts) -

I do enjoy it but the only New Wave artist/band that I listen to nowadays is Blondie.

And what on earth is wrong with disco?

freek666

1. I suck at dancing.

2. Disco sound is like barf to me. It's bad enough that the wife likes it. It's just me though. :lol:

#5 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -

Oh, most definitely. I love bands like Duran Duran, The Police, Talking Heads, and Tears for Fears. I'm also fond of Dead or Alive, but I'm not sure if they're new wave.

#6 Posted by TAMKFan (32707 posts) -

I like some of it, but I'm not a big fan.

#7 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15847 posts) -

Oh, most definitely. I love bands like Duran Duran, The Police, Talking Heads, and Tears for Fears. I'm also fond of Dead or Alive, but I'm not sure if they're new wave.

ghoklebutter

I liked the old punk-style New Wave bands like The Police. Culture Club, Duran-Duran and Tears for Fears? Not so much. It's not like other music genres fell by the wayside during New Wave's time. They too kept going at the height of New Wave.

I recall liking REM, U2, Tom Cochrane and Red Rider, and others during that era. I'm not sure if they're New Wave or not, though.

#8 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23812 posts) -
It's a good genre, better than that overproduced junk they have out today.
#9 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

I love 80's music, period, so yeah I like new wave. :P

#10 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

Love New Wave and everything else form the '80s. Favorite bands would be stuff like A Flock Of Seagulls, Missing Persons, the Police, Kim Wilde, and a whole ton of other stuff.

#11 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

Love New Wave and everything else form the '80s. Favorite bands would be stuff like A Flock Of Seagulls, Missing Persons, the Police, Kim Wilde, and a whole ton of other stuff.

Jackc8

A fellow 80's pop fan. :P

#12 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -

Jackc8
I totally forgot about A Flock Of Seagulls. :c
#13 Posted by Jazz_Fan (29516 posts) -

Talking Heads, Gang of Four and Joy Division are p cool

#14 Posted by new_gamer244 (268 posts) -

yessss:)

the cure, joy division, u2, echo and the bunnyman, bloc party, interpol, arctic monkeys:)

#15 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -

The Police are great!

#16 Posted by OB-47 (10912 posts) -

The 80's in general had an awesome aesthetic and sound. The use of synths and real instruments sounded great in many songs. I liked Duran Duran and Tears for Fears. Whenever I listen to the latter it makes me feel like I'm in a film.

#17 Posted by IdioticIcarus (2242 posts) -

Is there a difference beteween post-punk and new wave?

#18 Posted by Engrish_Major (17368 posts) -
Yeah... Smiths, Cure, Echo & the Bunnymen, etc are all good in my book.
#19 Posted by super_mario_128 (23885 posts) -
can't beat Talking Heads
#20 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149559 posts) -
I likes me some.....
#21 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Outside of GTA: Vice City? God no.