anyone else here play disc golf?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nolzwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nolzwin
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

I have been a member of the gaming and sports boards for a while. I picked up disc golf a couple years ago and I was wondering if anyone here played also.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

I've played since the 90's, but I don't play in the winter. I have about two dozen discs, my favorite being the Orc driver. I can fling that thing pretty accurately like no tomorrow.

I usually play at The Mounds, which has a separate (new) wooded course that I haven't played yet. The front 18 has a nice water hazard on hole 10 that's ate a ton of my discs, though. Still a rush when I make it across.

nolzwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nolzwin

that looks bad a$$ I play in northwest Florida so we get to play pretty much year round. I have three close courses (within 30 minutes) and six more within a hour. seems like here are more people playing every time I go. I hear you about the water hazards one of the local courses integrated some ponds and man that sucks to lose one in there. I saw a dude on a paddle board picking up discs. I'm sure he called everyone lol

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@nolzwin said:

that looks bad a$$ I play in northwest Florida so we get to play pretty much year round. I have three close courses (within 30 minutes) and six more within a hour. seems like here are more people playing every time I go. I hear you about the water hazards one of the local courses integrated some ponds and man that sucks to lose one in there. I saw a dude on a paddle board picking up discs. I'm sure he called everyone lol

My friend busted open the small damn once that holds all that water back, and we were all out tromping around in the muck picking up discs. Those things don't age too well underwater.

We have a few other courses nearby that I sometime play at, but The Mounds is by far the most technical and varied course I've played at. The fact that it's just 20 minutes away is just a bonus.

I enjoy disc golf mostly because the people I meet on the course are so cool and laid-back. What competition there is is friendly, and everyone cheers after someone makes an awesome shot. If a few people are coming up behind a larger group, I've never seen the larger group not let the smaller play through.

It's also nice to just get outside in some beautiful surroundings and enjoy a nice leisurely activity.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I played it as a kid (not implying it is only for kids), but I haven't played in over 2 decades. I do remember I liked playing it. I had a disk I paid $12 for.

nolzwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nolzwin

@br0kenrabbit said:

@nolzwin said:

My friend busted open the small damn once that holds all that water back, and we were all out tromping around in the muck picking up discs. Those things don't age too well underwater.

We have a few other courses nearby that I sometime play at, but The Mounds is by far the most technical and varied course I've played at. The fact that it's just 20 minutes away is just a bonus.

I enjoy disc golf mostly because the people I meet on the course are so cool and laid-back. What competition there is is friendly, and everyone cheers after someone makes an awesome shot. If a few people are coming up behind a larger group, I've never seen the larger group not let the smaller play through.

It's also nice to just get outside in some beautiful surroundings and enjoy a nice leisurely activity.

right on the money! going outside with a few friends and some friendly competition. I haven't taken anyone throwing that didn't want to go again. All I get is man that's nothing like I expected that was fun lol.

nolzwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nolzwin

@AmazonTreeBoa:

you should give it a try again.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@nolzwin said:

@AmazonTreeBoa:

you should give it a try again.

I wouldn't mind it. My biggest hurtle is finding somebody to play with. Don't really care to play with strangers.