Anyone else enjoy how CNET edits and removes posts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LostVoyager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LostVoyager
Member since 2012 • 385 Posts

Isn't this the deal with most forums where the admins control the data and what is displayed?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Data is my new preferred username. I wish I wish i was able to change it to data

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Wouldn't know about CNET, because I think the site itself sucks, so I don't bother with the forums.

Here, however, I haven't seen anybody edit or remove posts that didn't go against the rules. They've always had good reasons to do it, to remove spam, ads or inappropriate content within the posts.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

It's a private site, isn't it? So it's up to them to decide what will stay what will be removed.

Be glad they are checking content after it has been posted. It would be far worse if all user submissions ended up in a queue and had to be approved by someone they trusted.

LostVoyager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LostVoyager

@horgen said:

It's a private site, isn't it? So it's up to them to decide what will stay what will be removed.

Be glad they are checking content after it has been posted. It would be far worse if all user submissions ended up in a queue and had to be approved by someone they trusted.

Well it is more that they are possibly helping someone attempt to set me up. I posted a photograph of myself.

LostVoyager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LostVoyager

@Iszdope said:

Are you hot?

Eh... I am not as ugly as I thought.

However photos are mainly about angling cameras.I have posted another picture where they said I looked like an average dude. I would rate myself 3-6 depending on the photographing conditions. I am not hideous but not a stunning Adonis. I am also more photogenic than how I look which is why you might think I am rating myself low.

This photo of me is 6.5ish to 7 (everyone can take a good photo I guess nothing special). Honestly I got bummed out when the thread was deleted as it had emotional value to me in realizing my appearance.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

Posts and threads are only removed when they are against the rules.

When you create an account, and by using the site, you are agreeing to the code of conduct here.

I have yet to see any cases where censorship is going on.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@verbtex: This. Also, this thread is almost two weeks old--somewhat past it's expiration date for new posts.