Anyone conceal carry on the daily?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Here in fascist Britain we are not allowed to defend ourselves from scum, even pepper spray is illegal, but **** the law I got some anyway after I was attacked on the way home, the offenders got caught on CCTV yet got a slap on the wrist. If I want to defend my self, I will.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@redstorm72 said:

I never really understood the need for open or concealed carry. If you need to carry a gun just to fend off criminals, maybe you should stop hanging out in such sketchy areas. Sure, there is always a slim chance a criminal will target you, but there is also a slim chance you will be bitten by a poisonous snake too, but do you carry a vial of anti venom every where you go? Probably not. Maybe because I am Canadian I don't fully understand, but it seems to me people who feel the need to carry a gun with them everywhere they go are living in fear.

You wouldn't believe how many assaults I've responded to where the victim wasn't even helped by the people standing around them. There was this older fellow who was being mugged outside a shopping center. I took down maybe 10 witness statements. None of them even attempted to help the man. Why do you fault people for wanting to take their protection into their own hands?

No one is living in fear. Some of us just simply don't trust any of you to do the right thing.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

@thegerg said:

@ultimate-k said:

Here in fascist Britain we are not allowed to defend ourselves from scum, even pepper spray is illegal, but **** the law I got some anyway after I was attacked on the way home, the offenders got caught on CCTV yet got a slap on the wrist. If I want to defend my self, I will.

But Britain is one of the the gun-free utopias that so many like to point to!Get out of here with that bullshit. The fact that Britain has a much higher violent crime rate than the US is to be ignored!

Statistically, it seems like violent Brits suck at committing murder though.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#155 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

Why is it crazy to want to carry a means to defend ones self? I don't get you liberals.

Why is your solution to a national gun problem more guns? I don't get you conservatives.

This is the problem with you simpleton liberals and your illogical arguments....we do NOT have a gun problem...we have a VIOLENCE problem. You could magically erase all firearms from this country right this second and those with violent tendencies would still find a way to harm others. This is what you do not understand and why we will continue having a human problem as long as you are focused on the weapon and not those using them to kill.

The FACT is we had about 11k homicides committed with firearms in 2012, yet 80 MILLION Americans legally own firearms and did NOT kill anyone. So please tell me why WE, the legal majority of law abiding citizens are the problem here. Please tell me why you have to come in here and insult us because some nutjob killed 20 something kids in Newtown. WE did NOT kill anyone, some nutjob kid did, the very same nutjob WE CARRY TO DEFEND OURSELVES FROM. Get it?

You are all the same, blame the gun not the person, blame the fast food corporation not the fat guy stuffing his face with Big macs every day, blame the 20oz coca cola and make it 16ozs instead. You liberals are always full of these feel good solutions that are never solutions at all.

Fucking thank you. Good to see people who aren't fucking braindead.

On topic, I used to concealed carry on the daily. And sometimes open carry, when I was working at the smokeshop downtown. Good for keeping the crackheads and drunks in their place. I carried a S&W 9mm sometimes, and also a Taurus Judge .45 colt. But that was before I sold my guns to finance a move. I do plan to get another gun eventually, when I save some money, but the gun laws are more strict here, so I probably won't be getting the Five-Seven I wanted.

Bobario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156 Bobario
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@one_plum: Purely because we don't have free access to guns. Guns are the easiest way to kill somebody, hence the military use them. Americans are very good at murdering people because they all have guns. Take away all your guns and you may just find we are better at murdering people than you. Your murder rate would go down, assaults would go up because people use knives/bats instead. People DO go on rampages here, but they have to use melee weapons and generally only hurt a couple of people before the police bring them down.

Kids here carry knives, because another kid might have a knife. Same reason you carry guns.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#157  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I'm not sure if it's legal in my state to conceal a weapon... not sure... they make it sound so bad.

A knife is what most people carry around in the dark.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#159 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts
@thegerg said:

@airshocker said:

@redstorm72 said:

I never really understood the need for open or concealed carry. If you need to carry a gun just to fend off criminals, maybe you should stop hanging out in such sketchy areas. Sure, there is always a slim chance a criminal will target you, but there is also a slim chance you will be bitten by a poisonous snake too, but do you carry a vial of anti venom every where you go? Probably not. Maybe because I am Canadian I don't fully understand, but it seems to me people who feel the need to carry a gun with them everywhere they go are living in fear.

You wouldn't believe how many assaults I've responded to where the victim wasn't even helped by the people standing around them. There was this older fellow who was being mugged outside a shopping center. I took down maybe 10 witness statements. None of them even attempted to help the man. Why do you fault people for wanting to take their protection into their own hands?

No one is living in fear. Some of us just simply don't trust any of you to do the right thing.

"Why do you fault people for wanting to take their protection into their own hands?"

It's most likely, again, ignorance. So many people seem to think that criminal law or police will protect them from harm. They are simply out of touch with reality.

The law and police seem to do an effective job of protecting people in most other modern nations, most of which have strict gun control laws. Honestly, how often have you had to use your gun to defend yourself from imminent harm? My guess is seldom if ever. Maybe I'm not the one out of touch with reality? Or maybe the U.S. is just a hellscape of crime and thugs and I don't have any idea what I'm talking about.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#161 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

@thegerg: Believe what you want, but the rest of the modern world gets by just fine without people having to carry a gun with them every where they go.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I don't, but I don't see an issue with people who do.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

@bobario: Yeah I know. I just wanted to point out that using UK's violent crime rate is not a good pro-gun argument.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#165 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Can I conceal carry my axe?

UnicrnDrpngs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#166  Edited By UnicrnDrpngs
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@redstorm72 said:

@thegerg: Believe what you want, but the rest of the modern world gets by just fine without people having to carry a gun with them every where they go.

It would be nice to legally carry one (concealed carry) though. Remember... "guns don't kill people,
http://youtu.be/xC03hmS1Brk

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#167  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

are people how have health insurance paranoid that they might have to go to a hospital?

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@thegerg said:

@always_explicit:

"In my opinion carrying a gun signifies to those around you that you are prepared to use it."

How does a concealed gun signify anything to anybody?

"That in and of itself is reason not to carry one."

How so?

"You could fire your gun miss and cause harm to somebody and that is totally out of my control."

Yes, another person's actions are out of your control. What's your point?

Well your prepared to draw that gun and shoot people with it, that is reason in itself not to carry one. Yes another persons actions are out of my control, but avoidable accidents like carrying weapons and drink/drug driving at the hands of some moron...what do you think my point is genius.

Carry a weapon and you could maim or kill another human being in a situation that otherwise would never have occurred. You cant guarantee accidents wont happen...

Be a responsible human adult male and quit thinking carrying a handgun down your pants makes you a superhero.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Yay! Just bought my friend's Baby Glock (ie Glock 26); thing is fucking badass and my one complaint about the gun (that it doesn't have a full grip) is easily fixed with a Pearce grip extender on the magazine, as seen here:

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By always_explicit

@thegerg said:

@always_explicit said:

@thegerg said:

@always_explicit:

"In my opinion carrying a gun signifies to those around you that you are prepared to use it."

How so?

"You could fire your gun miss and cause harm to somebody and that is totally out of my control."

Well your prepared to draw that gun and shoot people with it, that is reason in itself not to carry one. Yes another persons actions are out of my control, but avoidable accidents like carrying weapons and drink/drug driving at the hands of some moron...what do you think my point is genius.

Carry a weapon and you could maim or kill another human being in a situation that otherwise would never have occurred. You cant guarantee accidents wont happen...

Be a responsible human adult male and quit thinking carrying a handgun down your pants makes you a superhero.

"that is reason in itself not to carry one"

Again, how so? I'm also prepared to give a piece of gum to a stranger if the situation arises. Does that mean I shouldn't carry gum? How is being prepared to use a tool reason not to have that tool?

"Yes another persons actions are out of my control, but avoidable accidents like carrying weapons and drink/drug driving at the hands of some moron"

This statement makes no sense.

"Carry a weapon and you could maim or kill another human being in a situation that otherwise would never have occurred."

No. I am not increasing my chances of maiming or killing another person simply by carrying a weapon. If that's the case then you should stop carrying your keys around. Those can very easily be used as a weapon.

"You cant guarantee accidents wont happen..."

Yes, and?

"Be a responsible human adult male and quit thinking carrying a handgun down your pants makes you a superhero."

You seem to be very confused. I think no such thing.

Your going to compare a piece of gum to a deadly weapon....dont be so stupid. Your aware of the point I am trying to make and undermining it by creating a stupid example. You cannot cause harm with a stick of gum. Being prepared to use a gun, which you intend to carry daily, makes you far more dangerous to society than someone who decides to carry gum. This is a fact.

I cant believe im going to entertain your ridiculous attempt at comparing carrying keys, an essential everyday item with a handgun thats sole purpose is to kill or seriously injure other people. I hope you realise yourself how ridiculous that argument is.

Its far more likely that an accident involving a gun is going to result in the death of somebody, be that yourself, the intended victim or an innocent bystander...so far you have compared it to carrying chewing gum and car keys. The fact that you feel carrying a gun is no more dangerous than carrying gum or keys speaks volumes. Your brain dead.

Im not sure what you failed to understand... I am aware the actions of others are out of my control. However the idea that my family or friends could be harmed because you felt the need to carry a weapon makes me uncomfortable. In the same way that a drunk man behind the wheel of a car made a yes or no decision to drive a vehicle under the influence your making a decision to carry a weapon daily...which obviously increases your chance of using it....which increases my chances of being influenced by your stupidity.

To be frank...im not sure I like the idea that I could wind up getting shot...because YOU felt YOU were in danger because YOU live in the neighbourhood YOU live in.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By always_explicit

@thegerg said:

@always_explicit said:

@thegerg said:

@always_explicit said:

@thegerg said:

@always_explicit:

How so?

"that is reason in itself not to carry one"

Again, how so? I'm also prepared to give a piece of gum to a stranger if the situation arises. Does that mean I shouldn't carry gum? How is being prepared to use a tool reason not to have that tool?

"Yes another persons actions are out of my control, but avoidable accidents like carrying weapons and drink/drug driving at the hands of some moron"

This statement makes no sense.

"Carry a weapon and you could maim or kill another human being in a situation that otherwise would never have occurred."

No. I am not increasing my chances of maiming or killing another person simply by carrying a weapon. If that's the case then you should stop carrying your keys around. Those can very easily be used as a weapon.

"You cant guarantee accidents wont happen..."

Yes, and?

"Be a responsible human adult male and quit thinking carrying a handgun down your pants makes you a superhero."

You seem to be very confused. I think no such thing.

Your going to compare a piece of gum to a deadly weapon....dont be so stupid. Your aware of the point I am trying to make and undermining it by creating a stupid example. You cannot cause harm with a stick of gum. Being prepared to use a gun, which you intend to carry daily, makes you far more dangerous to society than someone who decides to carry gum. This is a fact.

I cant believe im going to entertain your ridiculous attempt at comparing carrying keys, an essential everyday item with a handgun thats sole purpose is to kill or seriously injure other people. I hope you realise yourself how ridiculous that argument is.

Its far more likely that an accident involving a gun is going to result in the death of somebody, be that yourself, the intended victim or an innocent bystander...so far you have compared it to carrying chewing gum and car keys. The fact that you feel carrying a gun is no more dangerous than carrying gum or keys speaks volumes. Your brain dead.

Im not sure what you failed to understand... I am aware the actions of others are out of my control. However the idea that my family or friends could be harmed because you felt the need to carry a weapon makes me uncomfortable. In the same way that a drunk man behind the wheel of a car made a yes or no decision to drive a vehicle under the influence your making a decision to carry a weapon daily...which obviously increases your chance of using it....which increases my chances of being influenced by your stupidity.

To be frank...im not sure I like the idea that I could wind up getting shot...because YOU felt YOU were in danger because YOU live in the neighbourhood YOU live in.

"[You're] going to compare a piece of gum to a deadly weapon"

No, I'm not. WTF are you on about? I'm comparing the state of being prepared to use something with the state of being prepared to use something else. You said that "prepared to draw that gun" is "reason in itself not to carry one." I'm simply showing you that that's stupid. How is being prepared to use a tool reason not to have that tool?

"Being prepared to use a gun, which you intend to carry daily, makes you far more dangerous to society than someone who decides to carry gum. This is a fact."

What kind of research do you have to back up that fact? It seems that you're confusing "facts" with "opinions."

"a handgun thats sole purpose is to kill or seriously injure other people."

I don't own or carry anything like that, so I'm not sure why your bring it up.

"Your brain dead."

The word "your" doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

"Im not sure what you failed to understand"

The statement "[y]es another persons actions are out of my control, but avoidable accidents like carrying weapons and drink/drug driving at the hands of some moron...what do you think my point is genius" simply doesn't make sense. It's a poorly structured sentence fragment that does not convey a full and coherent thought.

"However the idea that my family or friends could be harmed because you felt the need to carry a weapon makes me uncomfortable."

Me too. Good thing, though, that simply carrying a weapon will not harm them.

You are not worth conversing with. I hope the weapon you choose to carry doesnt cause harm to another human being and that you cheddar bob yourself before you can reproduce.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 always_explicit

@thegerg said:

@always_explicit: Haha. People like you (those who wish to see others injured) are the problem, not me. The weapons I've carried have harmed other beings, but only because they deserved it, and in the civilian world they have only been non-human beings.

I can see now why you have such a problem with people carrying weapons. It's because you think that all people are like you. Not all of us wish to see others injured.

I dont wish to see innocent people get hurt. I wish to see those who carry lethal weapons hurt themselves before they hurt others. Hence why I said "I hope you Cheddar Bob" yourself before you reproduce and didnt say "yeah go buy a gun and carry it daily so you can shoot whoever you feel "deserves it". I dont want to live in a society were people like you decide who "deserves it".

Anyway thats my final piece....I just wanted to clarify I dont want to see innocent people hurt which is a possibility as long as people carry lethal weapons....which I dont....as you know....so Im not sure what point your even trying to make. Enjoy your gun and your remaining brain cells.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#178 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Meh, don't really care if people do or not. If they're able to where they live and wish to, their perogative. But I doubt that many people who would C & C hold the maturity to be given the right to. It's an incredible responsibility that I don't believe many can handle. Personally, I wouldn't care for one as I think it could get me into just as much trouble than it could help get me out of.

I tend to believe that C & C proponents just want one to hold the potential to realize their day-dreaming fantasies of being the next hero that stopped the next VT massacre while it was happening and have their mug shown all over the 10 o'clock news.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#179 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@thegerg said:

@always_explicit: Haha. People like you (those who wish to see others injured) are the problem, not me. The weapons I've carried have harmed other beings, but only because they deserved it, and in the civilian world they have only been non-human beings.

I can see now why you have such a problem with people carrying weapons. It's because you think that all people are like you. Not all of us wish to see others injured.

I just wanted to clarify I dont want to see innocent people hurt which is a possibility as long as people carry lethal weapons....

Don't they get hurt anyway?

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By always_explicit

@Master_Live said:

@always_explicit said:

@thegerg said:

I just wanted to clarify I dont want to see innocent people hurt which is a possibility as long as people carry lethal weapons....

Why raise the odds.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@Master_Live said:

@always_explicit said:

@thegerg said:

Why raise the odds.

If it's odds you are worried about guns are among your least concerns. For starters, never, and I mean ever, get into a car or go anywhere near the road. You are more likely to be injured/killed by a car than a gun. But you won't, because you are full of shit.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

So uhm... Do you have metal detectors everywhere, even the smallest pubs? I find the thought of being sorrounded by drunk/drugged up conceiled carriers rather frightening.

That's igoring what seems to be quite common maliciousnes in the american people.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By always_explicit

@Renevent42 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Master_Live said:

@always_explicit said:

@thegerg said:

Why raise the odds.

If it's odds you are worried about guns are among your least concerns. For starters, never, and I mean ever, get into a car or go anywhere near the road. You are more likely to be injured/killed by a car than a gun. But you won't, because you are full of shit.

A comparison of a mode of transport to a lethal weapon isnt really comparison at all is it? Much like the other poster who decided to compare car keys and chewing gum to a gun. Of course your more likely to be killed by a car, but its more likely to be an accidental death, a death which would only be avoided if people stopped driving cars altogether...which is not going to happen. A gun on the other hand isnt like a car is it. You dont NEED a gun. Civilians dont need weapons just on the off chance they might feel that somebody deserves to be shot.

We can go back and forth with these ridiculous arguments all day long. You can compare guns to any inanimate object you fancy but they are dangerous. I have no interest in associating myself with people who carry weapons around on the street.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Let me guess, this turned into a gun control/why do you need guns shit show?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@lostrib said:

whatever made you think that?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 lostrib

@comp_atkins said:

@lostrib said:

Concealed carry, handguns, thegerg

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By lostrib

@thegerg said:

@lostrib said:

@comp_atkins said:

@lostrib said:

You seem to be confused. I'm not having a conversation about gun control or why people need guns. I'm not sure why you're ignorantly assuming that that is what is going on. Try reading the thread.

see what i mean

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By lostrib

@thegerg said:

@lostrib said:

@thegerg said:

@lostrib said:

@comp_atkins said:

@lostrib said:

You seem to be confused. I'm not having a conversation about gun control or why people need guns. I'm not sure why you're ignorantly assuming that that is what is going on. Try reading the thread.

see what i mean

Haha, no. Being called on your bullshit doesn't prove your point.

Jesus christ you are dense

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 lostrib

@thegerg said:

@lostrib: ...neither does insulting others. Grow up.

Dude, it was a joke. Just poking fun that, right or wrong, your posts seem to cause a shit show in any thread.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

@Makhaidos said:

I don't need to conceal carry because I'm neither paranoid nor endowed with a small penis.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@always_explicit said:

I dont wish to see innocent people get hurt. I wish to see those who carry lethal weapons hurt themselves before they hurt others. Hence why I said "I hope you Cheddar Bob" yourself before you reproduce and didnt say "yeah go buy a gun and carry it daily so you can shoot whoever you feel "deserves it". I dont want to live in a society were people like you decide who "deserves it".

Anyway thats my final piece....I just wanted to clarify I dont want to see innocent people hurt which is a possibility as long as people carry lethal weapons....which I dont....as you know....so Im not sure what point your even trying to make. Enjoy your gun and your remaining brain cells.

Why would you ever wish someone who carries a firearm would hurt themselves? You're a pretty shitty human being if you want something like that to happen.

Brain_Duster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Brain_Duster
Member since 2013 • 473 Posts

@always_explicit said:

I wish to see those who carry lethal weapons hurt themselves

I just wanted to clarify I dont want to see innocent people hurt

lmao

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#198  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

I feel uncomfortable around guns and I can't stop anyone from concealing one

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@playmynutz said:

I feel uncomfortable around guns and I can't stop anyone from concealing one

Same here.

But it's probably because I live in Canada where it's safe and we have no need to carry around guns.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I like this fairy tale idea that conceal carrying is going to somehow magically make you safe when out and about.

Having a gun in the home is one thing when you can then have the opportunity to get the jump on an intruder, but when you are out and about WTF are you going to do? Pull a gun out on someone because they are walking your way? If you get held up are you going to attempt some movie shit and try and pull your gun out on the person to turn the tables? That is a good way to get yourself shot.

It just seems to me that having a gun on you when getting into something like a mugging situation is only going to complicate things in your attackers favor. The whole reason that people get hurt on the street is because they get surprised by their attackers. Having a gun on you when you get surprised someone isn't a great thing when they person can take your gun and use it against you after getting the jump on you.

Then there's the very big issue of your pulling a gun on someone is going to immediately escalate the situation and make it much more likely that your attacker is going to go for the kill if they have the means. When you pull out your weapon you are basically putting your attacker into a situation where they are going to NEED to take you out. If you get held up they might take your money but they also might just let you live at least after.

I think most people who turn to guns for outside protection are forgetting that the utmost important thing that is going to save your ass more than anything is to just keep aware of your surroundings and not put yourself into dangerous situations to begin with and a gun helps with neither of those things. I personally like to walk to my car with my keys in hand in case anyone ever did try and jump me. Even car keys could make for a nice weapon as I could use them to jab into an attackers face, specifically their eyes. A street confrontation is almost always going to happen in melee distance anyways and guns aren't terribly good in those close quarters where the person is going to be in your face.

I honestly would prefer a knife for street protection over a gun ans I just see a gun being a lot more impractical in that situation and a much bigger danger to MYSELF having it on me.