Anyobody gonna watch the Strikeforce Fedor vs. Rogers on CBs tonight?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

I've never really followed closely MMA because it's on PPV but i've watched both the CBS events so far and plan on watching tonight. I followi it enough to know that Fedor Emilinako or whatever is a Russian, considered by many to be the best heavyweight fighter in all of MMA and hasn't lost a fight in almost a decade. I know Brett Rogers is an African American and is 10-0 has demolished his competition but at the same time hasn't fought anyone anywhere close to Fedor

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I'll be watching and I'm glad they show PPV caliber fights free on TV.

jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
You will see why Fedor is considered the GOAT of MMA. Free on CBS in HD. One word: awesome!
jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

Yeah, I'm gonna give that a big fat NO. I have more important things to do than watch two guys throw a few punches and then roll around on the floor holding each other for the rest of the match. Not my cup of tea.

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
You will see why Fedor is considered the GOAT of MMA. Free on CBS in HD. One word: awesome!jfcundiff
What he said. Sucks I don't have CBS though :cry:
Im-not-normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Im-not-normal
Member since 2009 • 769 Posts

Yes I'll be watching it.

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

I have not watched Strikeforce yet and see no reason to begin watching tonight

GrindingAxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GrindingAxe
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts
Thanks for reminding me I would of missed it.
Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts
You will see why Fedor is considered the GOAT of MMA. Free on CBS in HD. One word: awesome!jfcundiff
I will be watching, and I am looking forward to see Fedor in action. Especially for free in HD.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Boston_Boyy

First fight over, pretty good went the distance

KDIDDY78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KDIDDY78
Member since 2003 • 570 Posts

strikeforce is full of minor league fighters past their hayday...minus fedor...although i was excited to see the mma (ea) trailer. that commercial will be longer than the main event tonight

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
holy ****. that was a spectacular fight. i think fedor broke him.
Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

Holy **** that hit was huge!!! Fedor wins by tko in the 2nd round!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts
holy ****. that was a spectacular fight. i think fedor broke him.LoG-Sacrament
That was such an amazing shot to the jaw. So fast yet so powerful.
Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]holy ****. that was a spectacular fight. i think fedor broke him.Shhadow_Viper

It was! I totally missed it, I only HEARD it! I had to wait for the replays and I was like DAMN!

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

[QUOTE="Shhadow_Viper"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]holy ****. that was a spectacular fight. i think fedor broke him.Jfisch93

It was! I totally missed it, I only HEARD it! I had to wait for the replays and I was like DAMN!

how could you even take your eyes off the screen? the first round was so back and forth with each fighter getting huge shots in. hell, fedor almost got knocked out.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

[QUOTE="Shhadow_Viper"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]holy ****. that was a spectacular fight. i think fedor broke him.Jfisch93

What a vicous hand. I was kinda worrying that with Rogers built as he is, he could take some heavy hits from Fedor, but that throws my questioning mind out of the window. I have no doubts Fedor can KO anyone, now. Even Lesnar and his ancient tree-sized neck. Rogers put up a good enough fight, glad to see that. :)
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Rogers acted terribly in defeat...another tacky American -never thought I would see the day where I root for a Russian over an American -I hope Fedor destroys him in the rematch
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Boston_Boyy

Wow pretty good event overall I was defiantly entertained, still not gonna buy any PPV for it but will defiantly watch more whenever it's on TV,propably try to get tickets if a major MMA event comes to my area (actually there was one not to long ago like last December)

jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jfcundiff
Good night Rogers. Fedor shows everyone why he is the GOAT of MMA.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lockedge
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]Rogers acted terribly in defeat...another tacky American -never thought I would see the day where I root for a Russian over an American -I hope Fedor destroys him in the rematch

Yeah, that exit interview was pretty embarrassing. I hope he has a mad concussion and was just saying those things not knowing what he was saying, but I kinda doubt it. Rogers showed he had ok striking, but if he threw his hands more in a rematch against Fedor, we'd see the same result. Rogers' size was Fedor's issue(in my perspective), not Rogers' striking. I hope Fedor doesn't have to have a rematch, because I want to see a certain different matchup :P
wrfade82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wrfade82
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts
[QUOTE="Lockedge"][QUOTE="rawsavon"]Rogers acted terribly in defeat...another tacky American -never thought I would see the day where I root for a Russian over an American -I hope Fedor destroys him in the rematch

Yeah, that exit interview was pretty embarrassing. I hope he has a mad concussion and was just saying those things not knowing what he was saying, but I kinda doubt it. Rogers showed he had ok striking, but if he threw his hands more in a rematch against Fedor, we'd see the same result. Rogers' size was Fedor's issue(in my perspective), not Rogers' striking. I hope Fedor doesn't have to have a rematch, because I want to see a certain different matchup :P

Fedor's biggest challenge was adapting to a fence (which he did really well as the fight progressed). That was bs when rogers was grabbing the fence.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lockedge
[QUOTE="wrfade82"][QUOTE="Lockedge"][QUOTE="rawsavon"]Rogers acted terribly in defeat...another tacky American -never thought I would see the day where I root for a Russian over an American -I hope Fedor destroys him in the rematch

Fedor's biggest challenge was adapting to a fence (which he did really well as the fight progressed). That was bs when rogers was grabbing the fence.

This WAS Fedor's first cage fight, wasn't it? Hrm, that's also really huge. We've seen how it's affected people used to rings in the past. Glad he adapted. The more he's used to it, the better he'll be at it.
KDIDDY78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KDIDDY78
Member since 2003 • 570 Posts

sad thing is that will be his most exciting fight in strikeforce....lol strikeforce lacks any other talent that could remotely compete with fedor...he is a joke...nothing like fighting scrubs to preserve a legacy

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lockedge

sad thing is that will be his most exciting fight in strikeforce....lol strikeforce lacks any other talent that could remotely compete with fedor...he is a joke...nothing like fighting scrubs to preserve a legacy

KDIDDY78
I wouldn't call Rogers a scrub. He's not awesome, but with his size and power it would be interesting to see how he'd do against a guy like Lesnar who suddenly wouldn't have size to overpower his opponent. Overeem isn't a scrub either. It's like saying Anderson Silva fights scrubs. He doesn't, but he wins anyways. Leites and Cote are mid-tier middleweights, but Franklin is a great middleweight/LHW, as is Hendo, and Griffin is a good LHW. Fedor's last three fights were against quality opponents: Sylvia, Arlovski and Rogers.
jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jfcundiff
[QUOTE="Lockedge"][QUOTE="KDIDDY78"]

I wouldn't call Rogers a scrub. He's not awesome, but with his size and power it would be interesting to see how he'd do against a guy like Lesnar who suddenly wouldn't have size to overpower his opponent. Overeem isn't a scrub either. It's like saying Anderson Silva fights scrubs. He doesn't, but he wins anyways. Leites and Cote are mid-tier middleweights, but Franklin is a great middleweight/LHW, as is Hendo, and Griffin is a good LHW. Fedor's last three fights were against quality opponents: Sylvia, Arlovski and Rogers.

And all those opponents were ranked top 10. Sylvia was around top-5, Arlovski #2, and Rogers anywhere from #6-10.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

We showed it at work, so I watched the Fedor fight, great fight, fedor won.

Homiegesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Homiegesus
Member since 2003 • 5706 Posts

KDIDDY78
He's fought plenty top ranked heavyweight fighters, the only reason people are saying he is a joke is because they want him to see Brock Lesnar. Lesnar has been in MMA for a little over a year, maybe Lesnar should be the one to come to him.
fmacraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fmacraze
Member since 2007 • 5658 Posts
Rogers needs to chill out. I thought fedor was gonna lose, but he kicked ass. awesome knock out punch