Anybody read John Dies at the End?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#1 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

The book by David Wong. I just got finished reading the sequel, This Book is Full of Spiders, and I've got to say that I think Wong is my favorite new author. I'm really hoping that he becomes more popular in the next few years, because both of his books, John Dies, and Full of Spiders are absolutely fantastic.

Has anyone here read the books, or even heard of them?

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

I've read John Dies At The End, found it difficult to read as it jumped around all over the place. The ending was disappointing for obvious reasons, which I'll try not to spoil!

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 turtlethetaffer

@tofu-lion91: Have you read the sequel, This Book is Full of Spiders? It's much, much more linear, since, instead of being a collection of related stories, it's basically a single big story. Might be worth looking in to.

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

@turtlethetaffer: I haven't but I'll give it a go :) Just finished Russian Roulette by Anthony Horowitz and about to start Lady Friday by Garth Nix so it might have to wait a month or so while I finish the 7 Keys To The Kingdom!

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By turtlethetaffer

@tofu-lion91: Nice. Yeah I can see why in the first book some people would be turned off by the jumping around. I personally found the way the story was structured pretty interesting. The second book is much more focused. The most jumping around is when the author tells you something that happened earlier from a different character's POV.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

I've heard it's really good. I want to read it eventually. Wong's Cracked articles always make me laugh.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 turtlethetaffer

@Makhaidos: Both of the books are hysterical. Beyond that though, they both tell really creative and unique stories and have some great, oddball characters to top it off. It's just good literature that happens to be creepy at times and hilarious at others.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

I haven't read his books, but David Wong writes some fantastic articles for cracked. This one is a must read for any young adult male who thinks their life sucks. I believe the cracked editors voted it the best article of 2012,