Anybody fly with United airline recently?

#1 Edited by Solid_Link22 (5602 posts) -

Is there a way to avoid the baggage fee?

#2 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10362 posts) -

Show an active duty military ID. You usually receive either comped baggage or two free.

For a loophole that doesn't exclude 99% of the US population? I don't know any.

#3 Posted by thegerg (14862 posts) -

yes

#4 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5602 posts) -

^How? By carrying everything on your carry on bag?

#5 Posted by ferrari2001 (16821 posts) -

Fly Southwest, that's how.

#6 Posted by thegerg (14862 posts) -

^How? By carrying everything on your carry on bag?

That, or get someone to cut orders for you to travel.

#7 Posted by slateman_basic (3940 posts) -

I'm sure they have some sort of premium flyers club or something. Or join their MileagePlus program and fly 25k miles.

#8 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5602 posts) -

Yeah I realized that too late. Lesson learned

#9 Posted by hippiesanta (9812 posts) -

Is there a way to avoid the baggage fee?

lol ... do you travel with pots and pans? .... because I encounter many of these people on flight

#10 Posted by GamerForca (7079 posts) -

This is the correct answer (when it comes to anything related to air travel).

#11 Posted by slateman_basic (3940 posts) -

Except the seating for Southwest sucks balls. I'll never understand how people can drop $400 on a flight and complain about an extra $50 for bags.

#12 Edited by EPICCOMMANDER (440 posts) -

@Solid_Link22: Um, don't check your luggage and use two 'carry-ons?'

I don't understand how you could pay $500 to fly and not know what you're getting into. No offense, but flying is something you just can't f around with. I've never flown alone before but I've been on plane trips so many times I could do it in my sleep.

Book your tickets as far in advance as possible, arrive two hours in advance of the flight departure time, ALWAYS avoid checking luggage and use a carryon (or two, if possible) instead, for many reasons.

On an unrelated note, it's pretty fortunate for L.A. that they still have their first rounder' for this year. Maybe they could nab Marcus Smart or Parker in the draft.

@slateman_basic said:

Except the seating for Southwest sucks balls. I'll never understand how people can drop $400 on a flight and complain about an extra $50 for bags.

The seating for Southwest reminds me of being herded like cattle or something. Can't complain about the prices though.

#13 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5602 posts) -

@EPICCOMMANDER: I've flown before. I just wanted to know of a way to avoid the baggage fee but it turns out I don't need to pay because I won't be checking in my bag.

I would be happy with either one of those players if the Lakers draft them. Some are very optimistic about Exum or Embiid but I don't think they will be available unless the Lakers get lucky with the lottery