Any Walking Dead fans disappointed?

  • 55 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Reaper4278 (338 posts) -

I just watched last nigh's episode and damn, it was pretty much the same thing as all the others since the 2nd half of this season started. I don't need zombies and action and all that every episode, I actually am not a horror fan so I like the show for the drama. Problem is even the drama has been boring, like they just took a break for the rest of the season because they had no ideas. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by ferrari2001 (16925 posts) -

If you've paid close enough attention they've been setting up multiple story lines and scenarios that will begin next season. After everyone got separated they kind of had to do a reset. Refocus, pinning multiple characters together and figuring out how they interact and survive. Doing that takes time. Each episode I though has had brilliant themes, last nights theme of being alone, rather then with a group I though was very well done. It'll take a little more time to get up and running again but I have very high hopes for season 4.

#3 Posted by konvikt_17 (22237 posts) -

i fear they are gonna wait til the season finale to finally all meet back up. then with the last 5 minutes will show what terminus is about and leave a big cliffhanger.

shouldve taken like 2 episodes to meet up together then go on from there.

next weeks episode looks like its gonna be crap.

#4 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I stopped watching the show because it was too much of a hassle trying to be home to watch it. I will just watch it on Netflix at my own pace.

#5 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16767 posts) -

Nah, I can dig how they are setting up the multiple conflicts that will hopefully come into play later. That being said, I am expecting a huge cliffhanger for the season finale. The series really isn't that great, but I still enjoy watching it. Worth it for the action and Daryl. But just about every season finale has been a dumb buildup with no pay off and I'm not expecting anything different from this season.

#6 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (822 posts) -

I just saw the episode a few minutes ago and thought it was one of the best so far. They can't have people meeting up again so fast. They did that with Rick, Carl and Michonne and haven't shown them since the 3rd episode of the mid season I think. I really like how they left Deryll with a bunch of other red necks like him. I really want to see what's happened to Beth. Glenn finally finding a sign to Terminus was good too. There is 10x more character development in this mid season than there was in any season before it. I'm actually really enjoying that they don't have a huge cast of characters bundled together trying to squeeze camera time for each of them in an hour. This pace for this many characters is excellent IMO.

#7 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17407 posts) -

@-paranorman- said:

I just saw the episode a few minutes ago and thought it was one of the best so far. They can't have people meeting up again so fast. They did that with Rick, Carl and Michonne and haven't shown them since the 3rd episode of the mid season I think. I really like how they left Deryll with a bunch of other red necks like him. I really want to see what's happened to Beth. Glenn finally finding a sign to Terminus was good too. There is 10x more character development in this mid season than there was in any season before it. I'm actually really enjoying that they don't have a huge cast of characters bundled together trying to squeeze camera time for each of them in an hour. This pace for this many characters is excellent IMO.

Yup. Season has been excellent and easily the best season of the show yet!

Still liked the first half a bit better. Internment (the episode where Hershel has all those people dying of the flu in the prison and coming back as walkers) and the mid-season finale are probably the best two episodes of the entire show so far.

Anyone else suspect that Bob actually did get bit and is hiding it? IDK, I just do not trust that man. Maybe I am a bit paranoid.

Personally, if I had been with that group I would have demanded to see that area to make sure there was no bite mark....

#8 Posted by iwilson1296 (2214 posts) -

Not disappointed but man the characters do some really stupid things sometimes that makes zero sense.

#9 Posted by girlshavefuntoo (120 posts) -

The show sucks anyway. The comics are superior in every way.

#10 Edited by Yama (34101 posts) -

As an original reader of the comic, I've been disappointed for a while now. I'm in no way expecting parity or even the same level of quality, though the focus strays a bit too much and literally hangs at times. The introduction of Abraham, Rosita and Eugene was a spectacular episode and great homage all in one, I only wish it continued in that direction instead of dealing with character development that I personally feel didn't develop any of the characters much at all. A key plot point was introduced and then pushed aside almost immediately. I miss the quality of season one, even with it's liberties.

#11 Edited by Korvus (3839 posts) -

Haven't watched the latest episode yet but so far I have to say I'm a bit bored...feels like the show is drying up or maybe I'm just starting to feel numb towards the characters. In the beginning I could relate to them and wanted to have a deeper understanding of each one. Now ever since the mid-season I've watched the episodes and can only think "bla bla bla..."

#12 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

i agree that there isn't a big hook this half season. i mean, we have the potential of terminus but i think everybody watching knows they are going to wind up there.

however, i really appreciate that they are developing more characters besides rick, his immediate family, and his direct enemies. michonne was a symbol and a genre nod for so long and now she seems like a person. daryl and beth hadn't been touched for over a season and now they are starring in episodes that are all character interactions. a little of the mystery with bob is starting to clear up.

i think these developments (and more, like lizzy's relationship with carol) are going to pay off in the long run (although i think these are pretty exciting discoveries right now). it used to be that a side character would die without ever being developed or the show would telegraph their death by giving a sudden dose of exposition immediately before their demise. this is really balancing the cast so death and the threat of it actually mean something.

#13 Posted by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

I was disappointed in the 2 previous episodes before this one but I actually liked the most recent.

It got everybody on the same track and introduced (brought back, whatever) some more interesting characters.

#14 Edited by Ribstaylor1 (628 posts) -

I stopped watching almost all the way through season three. I loved season 1, season 2 I liked even more I liked some of the drama (Not lori I hate her character like the actress hate the character). And then season three starts out awesome. The best of all three and then they bring along the governor, and I lost all interest in the show. The prison was a great Idea I would have loved for that to have been explored a hell of a lot more then some stupid cliche for a villian they had with the governor. His character ruined the show for me took what I liked about it and twisted it into average television dribble.

#15 Edited by tonitorsi (8397 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I stopped watching the show because it was too much of a hassle trying to be home to watch it. I will just watch it on Netflix at my own pace.

Which is also a giant ass hassle 'cause netflix only got 3 seasons (1-3) available.

Also commendable to re-watch, since they are the best seasons.

#16 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

This mid season is slooooooooow. Someone needs to die.

#17 Posted by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

I haven't been digging this split up storyline. Most of the groups are just too damn boring to watch, and I feel like they have a lot of filler episodes going on, afraid we're going to be bored until the Season Finale and even then that may not be exciting enough.

#18 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6803 posts) -

Yeah, these episodes have been terribly slow.

#19 Edited by mjorh (783 posts) -

They're kinda stretching the show , it's disappointing all this poor character developments , it sorta throws character at you ....

Having watched the last episode , gotta admit it's getting better ....

+

Guys go watch House of Cards ! after Breaking Bad, it's the only show that i'm in love with ...

True Detective seems awesome too....

#20 Posted by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

@mjorh said:

They're kinda stretching the show , it's disappointing all this poor character developments , it sorta throws character at you ....

Having watched the last episode , gotta admit it's getting better ....

+

Guys go watch House of Cards ! after Breaking Bad, it's the only show that i'm in love with ...

True Detective seems awesome too....

Good recommendations. Orange is the New Black is great as well.

#21 Posted by bobaban (10560 posts) -

It really should not take an entire season for the characters to reconnect. It just draaaaaaaaaaaaaaagsssssssssssss on and on

#22 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (822 posts) -
@bobaban said:

It really should not take an entire season for the characters to reconnect. It just draaaaaaaaaaaaaaagsssssssssssss on and on

It's the final half of the season.

#23 Posted by Reaper4278 (338 posts) -

@-paranorman- said:
@bobaban said:

It really should not take an entire season for the characters to reconnect. It just draaaaaaaaaaaaaaagsssssssssssss on and on

It's the final half of the season.

Yes but it really does seem to be dragging on at a snails pace.

It looks like we are pretty split on how this season is going here. Glad I am not the only one though!

#24 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23763 posts) -

it has gotten too unrealistic for me because sure, i can believe zombies but i can't believe beth and daryl didn't have sex.

#25 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (822 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

it has gotten too unrealistic for me because sure, i can believe zombies but i can't believe beth and daryl didn't have sex.

LOL!

#26 Posted by playmynutz (5983 posts) -

Bet they would be really disappointed if the dead began to walk

#27 Posted by Alkestis (22 posts) -

its a cool series and i am waiting for the new season to be complete before i watch it again. actually i already watch season from 1 to 3 :)

#28 Posted by sukraj (22800 posts) -

Not a fan of the series.

#29 Posted by spike6958 (4794 posts) -

I love the show, but I do kinda understand why some people have a problem with it at times. But damn, after watching the latest episode "The Grove", that was dark. Possibly the darkest episode of any TV show, ever.

#30 Posted by ferrari2001 (16925 posts) -

@spike6958 said:

I love the show, but I do kinda understand why some people have a problem with it at times. But damn, after watching the latest episode "The Grove", that was dark. Possibly the darkest episode of any TV show, ever.

God last nights episode was fantastic. Dark but awesomely fantastic.

#31 Edited by spike6958 (4794 posts) -

@ferrari2001 said:

@spike6958 said:

I love the show, but I do kinda understand why some people have a problem with it at times. But damn, after watching the latest episode "The Grove", that was dark. Possibly the darkest episode of any TV show, ever.

God last nights episode was fantastic. Dark but awesomely fantastic.

Yeah, it might actually be my 3rd favorite episode after Too Far Gone and Days Gone Bye. So dark and hard to watch at times, but absolutely amazing.

#32 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (822 posts) -

I was mad that Carol didn't let Mika turn and bite Lizzie' damn face off. Lizzie is officially my most hated character on the show. Regardless, the episode was the best in this season hands down. Biggest mindfuck on the show. Did anyone notice that when Tyrese and Carol were walking away at the end that Judith just happened to be missing? No one was holding her, she wasn't in a basket or anything, she was just absent. Makes me wonder if they just decided to throw her in one of the backpacks and thought it would be much her convenient to travel that way, lol.

#33 Edited by Boddicker (2744 posts) -

@-paranorman- said:

I was mad that Carol didn't let Mika turn and bite Lizzie' damn face off. Lizzie is officially my most hated character on the show. Regardless, the episode was the best in this season hands down. Biggest mindfuck on the show. Did anyone notice that when Tyrese and Carol were walking away at the end that Judith just happened to be missing? No one was holding her, she wasn't in a basket or anything, she was just absent. Makes me wonder if they just decided to throw her in one of the backpacks and thought it would be much her convenient to travel that way, lol.

She was in a papoose on Tyreese's back. (Confirmed during Talking Dead)

EDIT: I'm really digging the show now that they're split up. I've actually got to know some of the redshirts like Bob and Tyreese and find myself liking them.

Especially Bob, what's his story with the two previous groups?

#34 Posted by lamprey263 (23957 posts) -

The entire second half of the season could have been summed up in one or two episodes, such a waste. The writers really bought themselves some time to figure out this Terminus place. I'm guessing it's luring people there as cannibal cattle.

#35 Posted by Boddicker (2744 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

The entire second half of the season could have been summed up in one or two episodes, such a waste. The writers really bought themselves some time to figure out this Terminus place. I'm guessing it's luring people there as cannibal cattle.

Probably, like Carol said the good people all died off. I would go to the coast and try to find an island.

#36 Posted by lonewolf604 (8522 posts) -

Yeah that was a messed up episode. Carol took more of a liking to Mika because "she didn't have a mean bone in her body" which probably reminded her of Sophia. But then she also realized her mistake of trying to toughen up Lizzie, furthering her insanity. Every god damn episode I watch of the Walking Dead makes me depressed.....

#37 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17407 posts) -

Last nights episode was absolutely amazing! This season in general has just been fantastic including this second half.

Really interested to see where this season ends at. I assume we will be seeing Terminus, but what will it be like? We also need to find out what happened to poor Beth!

#38 Edited by -ParaNormaN- (822 posts) -

I'm actually pretty curious about the fire that looked like it might have been a massive man slaughter. How many burnt zombies did we see tonight? 10 or so? What happened and why did so many die from it? It's going to be good.

#39 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17407 posts) -

@-paranorman- said:

I'm actually pretty curious about the fire that looked like it might have been a massive man slaughter. How many burnt zombies did we see tonight? 10 or so? What happened and why did so many die from it? It's going to be good.

Yeah I was really wondering about that. Felt it was odd how non-chalant the characters were about that. That fire was going for how long and it was how close by? It either meant that there was a group of people nearby tending to a gigantic fire for how long (which is odd), or there was a freaking WILDFIRE that could threaten their safey....

#40 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (822 posts) -

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@-paranorman- said:

I'm actually pretty curious about the fire that looked like it might have been a massive man slaughter. How many burnt zombies did we see tonight? 10 or so? What happened and why did so many die from it? It's going to be good.

Yeah I was really wondering about that. Felt it was odd how non-chalant the characters were about that. That fire was going for how long and it was how close by? It either meant that there was a group of people nearby tending to a gigantic fire for how long (which is odd), or there was a freaking WILDFIRE that could threaten their safey....

It looked like the fire was just over a hill because of the camera angles but it could have been further and was burning for maybe 2 days! Since there wasn't any screaming being heard or anything, I think there must have been a further distance between them. I really hope they touch on the subject during the last 2 episodes. I really want to see or at least hear what went down. I think there might be a slight chance that the gang Daryl ran into may be involved or maybe the guy who kidnapped Beth has a camp of his own.

#41 Posted by lamprey263 (23957 posts) -

@ferrari2001 said:

God last nights episode was fantastic. Dark but awesomely fantastic.

damn, I just got caught up with that episode and I gotta say probably the best episode this season

and that ending, so Of Mice And Men

#42 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17407 posts) -

@-paranorman- said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@-paranorman- said:

I'm actually pretty curious about the fire that looked like it might have been a massive man slaughter. How many burnt zombies did we see tonight? 10 or so? What happened and why did so many die from it? It's going to be good.

Yeah I was really wondering about that. Felt it was odd how non-chalant the characters were about that. That fire was going for how long and it was how close by? It either meant that there was a group of people nearby tending to a gigantic fire for how long (which is odd), or there was a freaking WILDFIRE that could threaten their safey....

It looked like the fire was just over a hill because of the camera angles but it could have been further and was burning for maybe 2 days! Since there wasn't any screaming being heard or anything, I think there must have been a further distance between them. I really hope they touch on the subject during the last 2 episodes. I really want to see or at least hear what went down. I think there might be a slight chance that the gang Daryl ran into may be involved or maybe the guy who kidnapped Beth has a camp of his own.

It is odd how long that fire was going. Guess that suggest it being a controlled fire, but then why were there a bunch of burnt walkers walking around? Wouldn't the people tending to the fire be controlling the walkers as well? Tis very strange. Also hoping they delve into that.

I have also wondered if the new group is responsible for Beth's disappearance. Regardless, I really worry Beth might be the "big death" we get with the season finale which will make me sad as they have really made her into a good character.

#43 Posted by Boddicker (2744 posts) -

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@-paranorman- said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@-paranorman- said:

I'm actually pretty curious about the fire that looked like it might have been a massive man slaughter. How many burnt zombies did we see tonight? 10 or so? What happened and why did so many die from it? It's going to be good.

Yeah I was really wondering about that. Felt it was odd how non-chalant the characters were about that. That fire was going for how long and it was how close by? It either meant that there was a group of people nearby tending to a gigantic fire for how long (which is odd), or there was a freaking WILDFIRE that could threaten their safey....

It looked like the fire was just over a hill because of the camera angles but it could have been further and was burning for maybe 2 days! Since there wasn't any screaming being heard or anything, I think there must have been a further distance between them. I really hope they touch on the subject during the last 2 episodes. I really want to see or at least hear what went down. I think there might be a slight chance that the gang Daryl ran into may be involved or maybe the guy who kidnapped Beth has a camp of his own.

It is odd how long that fire was going. Guess that suggest it being a controlled fire, but then why were there a bunch of burnt walkers walking around? Wouldn't the people tending to the fire be controlling the walkers as well? Tis very strange. Also hoping they delve into that.

I have also wondered if the new group is responsible for Beth's disappearance. Regardless, I really worry Beth might be the "big death" we get with the season finale which will make me sad as they have really made her into a good character.

I ass-umed it was the moonshine shack that Daryl and Beth burned down a couple episodes ago. The light and fire must have attracted walkers.

I guess we'll probably never know.

#44 Edited by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@-paranorman- said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@-paranorman- said:

I'm actually pretty curious about the fire that looked like it might have been a massive man slaughter. How many burnt zombies did we see tonight? 10 or so? What happened and why did so many die from it? It's going to be good.

Yeah I was really wondering about that. Felt it was odd how non-chalant the characters were about that. That fire was going for how long and it was how close by? It either meant that there was a group of people nearby tending to a gigantic fire for how long (which is odd), or there was a freaking WILDFIRE that could threaten their safey....

It looked like the fire was just over a hill because of the camera angles but it could have been further and was burning for maybe 2 days! Since there wasn't any screaming being heard or anything, I think there must have been a further distance between them. I really hope they touch on the subject during the last 2 episodes. I really want to see or at least hear what went down. I think there might be a slight chance that the gang Daryl ran into may be involved or maybe the guy who kidnapped Beth has a camp of his own.

It is odd how long that fire was going. Guess that suggest it being a controlled fire, but then why were there a bunch of burnt walkers walking around? Wouldn't the people tending to the fire be controlling the walkers as well? Tis very strange. Also hoping they delve into that.

I have also wondered if the new group is responsible for Beth's disappearance. Regardless, I really worry Beth might be the "big death" we get with the season finale which will make me sad as they have really made her into a good character.

I ass-umed it was the moonshine shack that Daryl and Beth burned down a couple episodes ago. The light and fire must have attracted walkers.

I guess we'll probably never know.

that's what i thought at first too, but a lot of the walkers were wearing military gear and it would be an odd coincidence for a random fire to attract a bunch of undead military.

my theory is that it was another army helicopter crash (apparently the army has to make do with beat up equipment and pilots without formal training). perhaps the government is still ticking and this gives some credibility to dr. mullet's claim.

#45 Posted by Omni-Slash (54407 posts) -

Love this season so far..I assume it's the moonshine shack burning....mind you I didn't notice the outfits...

#46 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (822 posts) -

Didn't Beth and Daryl decide not to follow the train tracks though? If they decided not to, they would have been pretty far from them by now.

#47 Posted by vfibsux (4205 posts) -

This past episode was better than the last few, just don't watch it without a prozac handy....

#48 Posted by zeepman (5 posts) -

I could really do without a lot of the boring "fun with the apocalypse living" stories they have punished us with. I don't need to see homestyle cooking and warm fuzzy moments. I do not need a full hour of "let's make Carl cool."

Just give me a zombie apocalypse show that has action and great riveting story minus the ABC after-school special crap, please. No one wants scenes dragging out with Maggie and Glenn looking at one another. No one wants to see Beth sing for 5 minutes. I want awesome "gotcha" moments and great scenes like the first season had. -Please-

By the way-there was talk at the beginning of the season about how this season was going to be so fast paced and gripping. So far, they have not delivered. Delivering said goods 1-2 shows from the end of the season (bet they wait until the last 5 minutes of the last episode) is just plain wrong IMHO.

#49 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (822 posts) -

@zeepman said:

I could really do without a lot of the boring "fun with the apocalypse living" stories they have punished us with. I don't need to see homestyle cooking and warm fuzzy moments. I do not need a full hour of "let's make Carl cool."

Just give me a zombie apocalypse show that has action and great riveting story minus the ABC after-school special crap, please. No one wants scenes dragging out with Maggie and Glenn looking at one another. No one wants to see Beth sing for 5 minutes. I want awesome "gotcha" moments and great scenes like the first season had. -Please-

By the way-there was talk at the beginning of the season about how this season was going to be so fast paced and gripping. So far, they have not delivered. Delivering said goods 1-2 shows from the end of the season (bet they wait until the last 5 minutes of the last episode) is just plain wrong IMHO.

Robert Kirkman has always said that the comic was not about the zombies and was always about people surviving in that world. If you read the comics there is not much action, in fact there are also long periods of time where nothing except the characters trying to adapt to their environment is happening then it leads to something huge happening just like the tv show does. Maybe you should pick another show to watch, man.

#50 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

No way. I'm actually enjoying it a lot more, now that they've moved on from the prison.