Any non-stoners who support legalizing weed?

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aebghdfsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 aebghdfsc
Member since 2014 • 85 Posts

It seems like more and more people are supporting weed legalization, while more and more people are smoking weed. I can't help but think there's a correlation going on.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts

Me, I need to keep my job opportunities open, so I don't even though I'd really really... really really really like to. I also support gay marriage and gay rights even though I don't participate in the gay lifestyle.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I support its legalization and I've never touched the stuff.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

Yes I know someone who grows the stuff but I've never been keen on inhaling any smoke fumes of any kind, I see no harm in legalizing it though. Infact the first time I could vote I voted for the Legalize Cannibus Party, I still maintain weed makes people paranoid but compare it to alcohol and the devastation that causes and really it should be alcohol that is illegal and weed that's legal.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@lamprey263 How does your stance in weed legalization affect your job opportunities?.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts

@deeliman said:

@lamprey263 How does your stance in weed legalization affect your job opportunities?.

I meant I support it but don't smoke so I can pass a piss test. Even in states that have legalized it for recreational usage, employers can still refuse to employ people who use it, even if they need it for medicinal reasons.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I'm a.o.k with legalizing that stuff and never touched it and I never will.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@lamprey263 Employers in the states let the candidates take urinal tests? Then im sure as hell glad I live in the netherlands :)

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Haven't touched the stuff and likely won't, but after having read facts about the substance then I don't see any harm in legalizing it on the same level as alcohol.

Meaning enjoy it but please don't drive under the influence.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@Iszdope said:

Anyone else notice that the spam accounts always seem to have 6 posts?

How?

lol

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

They should legalize and regulate it similar to alcohol. Right now it's solely being ran by criminals. In 50 years people won't be able to comprehend the level of carnage created by selling weed just like how it's hard to fathom today how people in the 20s and 30s were blowing up buildings, kidnapping children, and doing drivebys just to sell beer.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@Iszdope said:

How?

Yeah I noticed as well. It's strange, oh and yes I support it and have never touched the stuff or even smoked at all. In fact I think regular cigarettes should be banned in place of cannabis.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

I support it. I think you should be barred from coming to work high, driving high, or anything you wouldn't be allowed to do drunk. Some people know their limit, others don't, and everyone reacts differently to pot.

I haven't ever used it myself, but would not be opposed to taking the oil without the hallucinogenic whatever it is or cooking it into food as a medical treatment. If I ever get cancer I'll probably go straight to weed for some of my pain management, but I'm not interested in smoking it as an intake method.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#17 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

I support it and while I did smoke weed when I was a teenager that was like 20 years ago so its not about getting high. At the least it should be decriminalized and legal for medical. Especially since weed could be used in a lot of situations where opiate narcotics are prescribed instead, and a large part of Americas heroin crisis stems from people getting hooked off legal pain scrips.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

Weed has many health benefits apparently, and is even being considered to help with Alzheimer's amongst other things. To much though can give you mental health problems. You get cigarettes, which are harmful to your health, alcohol also harmful, these two things kill countless people every year, I've never heard of anyone dying from smoking weed. Plus if the governments legalised it and regulated it, it would take the money away from criminal organisations.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

I have no problem with it becoming legal. I have family members who used it and I have worked with people who experimented with it in the past and are hard workers. I never used it personally but I don't smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol either.

However, if it does become legal people need to stop pretending that weed has absolutely no harmful effects whatsoever. What that means is they shouldn't be up in arms if employers won't allow them to come to work high, or if they are given a DWI for driving high.

Also, people need to stop pretending that if weed was federally legalized today it would cure cancer and erase the national debt within a year...

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

I support legalization for the simple fact that money can be made. if alcohol is legal, weed should be

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mattykovax

@ad1x2 said:

I have no problem with it becoming legal. I have family members who used it and I have worked with people who experimented with it in the past and are hard workers. I never used it personally but I don't smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol either.

However, if it does become legal people need to stop pretending that weed has absolutely no harmful effects whatsoever. What that means is they shouldn't be up in arms if employers won't allow them to come to work high, or if they are given a DWI for driving high.

Also, people need to stop pretending that if weed was federally legalized today it would cure cancer and erase the national debt within a year...

Yeah That bugs me. While it can retard the growth of certain cancers it is not a cure. Also smoking it can be just as bad as any smoking, human lungs are not designed to do that.

My biggest issue though is the people that say " oh its a plant so its not a drug" first they need to learn the definition, it is a drug, second it is heavily processed if they were to grow it natural with no extras in the wild from non cloned/tampered seeds it would not have the effects of all the popular brands which are definitely tampered with and processed to increase the THC.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I don't smoke weed but I support it. I vote yes because of the revenue that America so desperately needs. To those that talk about it's dangers...well processed food isn't healthy either. Actually, there isn't a lot out there that really and truly is healthy for us. Our whole culture is one big unhealthy attitude half the time. Almost everything we do or consume has some type of negative and they are always combined daily. Too much fat, too much sugar, too much air pollution..hell, what difference will weed make, it fits right in.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I do

Avatar image for theveryspecialk
TheVerySpecialK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheVerySpecialK
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts
@Iszdope said:

How?

@JohnF111said:
Yeah I noticed as well. It's strange

I just made a new account, and for some reason I started out at 5 posts even though I hadn't posted a thing. In other words, my first post was my sixth.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Yeah, I've never touched the stuff, but I support decriminalizing it, at least. Too many people are in prison for marijuana "crimes". It's insane- and we're also paying tax dollars to keep these people there.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

The last time I smoked weed was 5-6 years ago and I fully support it.

It's only a gateway drug because of the circles you have to hang around with to get it. If they sold it at Wal-Mart................

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mattykovax

@pimphand_gamer said:

I don't smoke weed but I support it. I vote yes because of the revenue that America so desperately needs. To those that talk about it's dangers...well processed food isn't healthy either. Actually, there isn't a lot out there that really and truly is healthy for us. Our whole culture is one big unhealthy attitude half the time. Almost everything we do or consume has some type of negative and they are always combined daily. Too much fat, too much sugar, too much air pollution..hell, what difference will weed make, it fits right in.

That was not my point. I support legalization and do not think lots of things are healthy. I am talking about the uninformed stoner contingent on the web that act like it is not a drug because its a plant, say that it is healthy for you even the smoking, and claim that it is not just a treatment but bonafide cure for all cancer. its idiotic and it makes the informed legalize supporters look bad, and sets back the cause.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts

I'm not in favor of people using weed, it's not a healthy substance, but it's about as easy to obtain as alcohol is and peeps gonna smoke it anyway so why not try to get some tax money out of it? The roads in my state suck.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

In my line of work there is a zero tolerance for any drug use (beyond Advil/Tylenol/Aspirin), legal or not, and I fully support the legalization of all drugs. Including meth and heroin.

If vicodin and morphine can be legal, then there is nothing wrong with meth and heroin being legal either. People of an adult age should be allowed to put whatever they want into their body. Have all the same legal consequences for use in public and while driving as alcohol. It's not hard.

Funnily enough, Portugal legalized weed a little while ago and noticed total drug use dropped.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

never smoked weed in my life, but yeah it should be legalized. I've known stoners and I have yet to see the harm it caused them nor the harm that they caused others due to smoking it. I don't see why people should get in legal trouble for something that doesn't harm anyone.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

Nay. Although eventually I'm sure it will become legal in all states.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

never smoked weed in my life, but yeah it should be legalized. I've known stoners and I have yet to see the harm it caused them nor the harm that they caused others due to smoking it. I don't see why people should get in legal trouble for something that doesn't harm anyone.

Well, smoking anything unfiltered can severely increase the risk of developing lung cancer.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

*raises hand* If cigarettes are legal, it seems like weed should be.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Yes, if only to stop hearing the stoners bitch about legalization. Intoxicants are not a way of life. Maybe if we legalize, we'll see less people who use marijuana to define who they are.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Never smoked weed in my life and I support the legalization.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@Serraph105 said:

Well, smoking anything unfiltered can severely increase the risk of developing lung cancer.

Of course, but if that was all it took to make something illegal there are some other things that we should be focusing on.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

It's hard to make an argument against it when alcohol remains legal

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Me.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Legalize and tax the shit out of it. The thing about drugs (alcohol, tobacco, marijuana) you get addicted and keep coming back - so tax and regulate the filth.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

Define "stoner"

Rhocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Rhocky
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I'm in my 30s and have never tried it, nor do I intend to regardless of legality. I support legalization.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

I completely support it and have never touched it. I've only ever seen it once when I was doing a group project in high school and someone in my group passed a small bag of it to his friend. I live in Colorado where it is legal to use it recreational and I've still not tried it and none of the people I am close with use it either.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

there are plenty of people that support legalization even though they don't smoke just like there were plenty of people that were against booze prohibition that did not drink and were not alcoholics.

hell, gutting the ability for criminals to make money on it alone is plenty enough reason for pot to be legal just as it was for alcohol.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@ariabed said:

Weed has many health benefits apparently, and is even being considered to help with Alzheimer's amongst other things. To much though can give you mental health problems. You get cigarettes, which are harmful to your health, alcohol also harmful, these two things kill countless people every year, I've never heard of anyone dying from smoking weed. Plus if the governments legalised it and regulated it, it would take the money away from criminal organisations.

technically it is not countless.

tobacco kills around 400,000 per year,

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/tables/health/attrdeaths/index.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cdc%2FGEla+(CDC+-+Smoking+and+Tobacco+Use+-+Main+Feed)

and alcohol around another 90.000.

http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#48  Edited By LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i don't smoke but i support the legalization of weed. no, it's not healthy for you but neither are drinking, smoking tobacco, eating a bacon whopper, and a bunch other legal activities. in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal and i'd rather it create tax revenue for valuable social programs than have to pay taxes for its prohibition to be enforced.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#50 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

If my state were to legalize marijuana, it would mean they would shift law enforcement to other drugs like meth or crack cocaine. The state would then have an increase income from additional sin taxes coming from pot sales.